Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ha, even this show has a hot springs episode. Thanks to a lucky lottery ticket win...

Obviously because of this anime, they can't just have a completely fun day without some case going on. Given the lighthearted nature, I didn't get much of an eerie vibe from the episode. There were more goofy moments and honestly, it was kinda neat for the cast to get some time off from their usual work.
Oct 16, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
Ron's former detective agency BLUE trying to expel him more to the dark, that's their motive for now.

The Benizome Hot Spring murder case this time, and Ron unexpectedly won a hot spring vacation from a raffle draw. But it's the annex building that they're going, and one of BLUE's agents in total disguise watching over both police and the illusive detective. With that many guests, Ron is being calculative, but at the same time, not trying to draw attention as well, like playing the usual ping-pong that's always done in inns. With the ball out, they go dipping into the hot spring again, and who would've thought that Superintendent Amamiya was there as well winning 2nd place.

Playing The Game of Life with minimal people as much as possible, a murder case was found the very next day, which somehow seems suspicious that it goes according to the secret legends. It's clearly a test between Ron and the BLUE detective instructor, that this is not just any mere murder case at all.

How will this murder case be deduced?
Oct 16, 2023 8:13 AM
Mar 2023
toto is so amaizing
Oct 16, 2023 8:36 AM
Sep 2015
My assumption:
1. Someone swap gender sign of men/women onsen, that's why either Amamiya or TotoRon enter the wrong side of the onsen, but I don't know how it'll relate to the murder. Maybe it's about chemical in the water.
2. The personality swap between husband and wife, earlier on dinner we see that husband is rushing while wife is dragging, but on the divorce topic, husband is dragging while wife is rushing, maybe the wife spotted something wrong with her husband and want to divorce him immediately, while the husband doesn't want a divorce at all cost for some reasons.
3. The tale is just a misdirection, the losing ping pong ball might turns out to be important evident.
4. Toto and Ron bathing naked together = ship
Oct 16, 2023 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
Well. Certainly didn't take them long to quite literally put the "married couple" label on these two... xD
Oct 16, 2023 9:44 AM

Dec 2020
Well they won the first prize for an onsen trip amd tes the building seems not so nice after the taufun came.
The guy with the violet hair seem very suspicious, that was an interesting episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
The Toto-and-Ron-are-mistaken-for-a-couple has anime-started!

I'm a bit giddy at getting to hear Spitz's little evil laugh voiced

Amamiya needs to be more attentive next time.
Oct 16, 2023 10:30 AM

Dec 2018
i'm on the edge of my seat here, i want to know! but can someone at least get the poor woman out of the onsen and cover her up?
Oct 16, 2023 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Lol the supermarket gave a raffle ticket for a stay at an old and lifeless inn xD but at least the inn's onsen was great.

The husband and everyone played monopoly until about 2am, when Ron yawned he even said "it's getting late", since his wife was still at the onsen that means she wasn't in the room when he came back from playing monopoly, why didn't he try to find his wife when it was so late? I hope Ron has guessed about this and also knows that the purple-haired man is a blue detective too.

Speaking of the purple haired detective, honestly he's a bit creepy and his smile is annoying.

Oct 16, 2023 11:46 AM
Dec 2020
As an anime only, my prediction:
Oct 16, 2023 11:53 AM
Oct 2023
Why am i starting to think the observer is one of Ron's fan from when he was at school? Like he has that vibe
Oct 16, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2020
Sure, but I don't think a cop who was quite literally on a streak of bad performances until few days ago would be approved to go on a leave just like that xD

Anyways, it kind of feels obvious that man from BLUE has a hand in setting things up. As we wouldn't have conveniently gotten a murder and moreover the suspected as someone who in some way is related to Ron.
Oct 16, 2023 12:12 PM

Dec 2021
Well, I was definitely not anticipating Amamiya accidentally revealing herself to the boys. Seems she's a bit of an airhead for missing the sign at the baths. Lol.

Now we're facing an onsen murder mystery, and poor Amamiya is being accused simply because she was the first to enter.

I can't help but wonder if the guy from BLUE orchestrated this to catch Kamo in the act of playing detective again—now that would be quite twisted. Or is this all just an unfortunate coincidence?

Oct 16, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 2020
this was another great episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 16, 2023 12:46 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to StateofOhayo
i'm on the edge of my seat here, i want to know! but can someone at least get the poor woman out of the onsen and cover her up?
@StateofOhayo scene crime, you can not touch the body before the instigation of the police...

you already knew that i think
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 16, 2023 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
Wherever a detective goes, crime follows. Another case but this time Amamiya senpai is a suspect, how can she commit a crime? She's such an amusing woman after all.
Oct 16, 2023 1:44 PM
Mar 2023
I have great hope that the anime will get better and better with timeو I have a strong desire to see the cases they will encounter, how they will deal with them, and the reaction of each character in each case .. Excited to know how the investigator or employee working for the Blue organization will deal with “Ron” and will he be able to discover him and trap him, and how will all of this turn out? Excited to know more details about the Blue organization and who they are.. Ron's jokes and mockery of "Ishiki" are fiery, especially when he wrote his name as "an innocent and naive investigator."
Oct 16, 2023 1:48 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to KANLen09
Ron's former detective agency BLUE trying to expel him more to the dark, that's their motive for now.

The Benizome Hot Spring murder case this time, and Ron unexpectedly won a hot spring vacation from a raffle draw. But it's the annex building that they're going, and one of BLUE's agents in total disguise watching over both police and the illusive detective. With that many guests, Ron is being calculative, but at the same time, not trying to draw attention as well, like playing the usual ping-pong that's always done in inns. With the ball out, they go dipping into the hot spring again, and who would've thought that Superintendent Amamiya was there as well winning 2nd place.

Playing The Game of Life with minimal people as much as possible, a murder case was found the very next day, which somehow seems suspicious that it goes according to the secret legends. It's clearly a test between Ron and the BLUE detective instructor, that this is not just any mere murder case at all.

How will this murder case be deduced?
@KANLen09 Your analysis is really great
Oct 16, 2023 1:50 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to hanakocheeks
Lol the supermarket gave a raffle ticket for a stay at an old and lifeless inn xD but at least the inn's onsen was great.

The husband and everyone played monopoly until about 2am, when Ron yawned he even said "it's getting late", since his wife was still at the onsen that means she wasn't in the room when he came back from playing monopoly, why didn't he try to find his wife when it was so late? I hope Ron has guessed about this and also knows that the purple-haired man is a blue detective too.

Speaking of the purple haired detective, honestly he's a bit creepy and his smile is annoying.
@hanakocheeks The purple-haired man looks more like a serial killer than a detective
Oct 16, 2023 2:26 PM

Mar 2019
I don't know if it's just me, but Ron seems to me to be an incredible detective out of pure convenience, I don't know if it's me who's watching it wrong, or if it's the resentment I have towards Akira Amano because I don't like Reborn and Eldlive. ಠ⁠ω⁠ಠ

By the way, Amamiya has a really hot ass, good for slapping. (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)
Oct 16, 2023 3:35 PM

Sep 2018
I like how the husband is just standing there, not even really in shock lol, bit of a tame response to finding his dead partner in the spring.
Oct 16, 2023 4:05 PM

Aug 2022
Dam I got so invested in this episode I actually got caught of guard when the episode ended 😂😂

Curious to see the ending of this case. I have my own theories bubbling in my head.
Oct 16, 2023 4:27 PM

Jul 2011
Kamoo has an inverted 69 on his neck. It takes a real detective to deduce that.
Oct 16, 2023 4:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like we’ve entered the first multiple episode spanning case of the show, and it’s already shaping up to be quite the interesting one. The stage this time is a hot spring with an interesting backstory about a human sacrifice, and of course it looks like that’s also playing into this case which I’m definitely a fan of. And I know this is a detective show but it still kinda hurts to see the fun chill time become something sinister lol, they were just enjoying the game of life and the baths along with some nude Amamiya without makeup, and all this has to happen lol.

And I sadly saw the death of that old dude’s hot wife coming, it’s always the beautiful babes man lol, and the sad part is it looks like the old dude might have had a motive because of the brief fight he had with her the night she died, could be a red herring tho. And I saw someone mention this on crunch, but I almost wonder if Amamiya was meant to die instead giving how she wandered into the men’s bath on accident, and then you have this purple haired lad who’s out to ruin Ron so there’s a lot going on here lol, definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes next time.
Oct 16, 2023 5:38 PM

Apr 2022
wasn't expecting a hot springs episode. damn they got an eyeful of amamiya too, and why did the good looking wife have to go lol. don't really like the purple-haired dude, he seems to be gaslighting but i don't think it's him, probably the husband. either his acting was ass or they just didn't animate his reaction to the body very well.
Oct 16, 2023 5:47 PM

Dec 2015
Their manzai style of banter never gets old. It just had to be a run down inn they ended up winning. The husband seems like the obvious choice given she wanted a divorce for something he said but that'd be too easy right?

On top of that, I'm pretty sure she didn't want to stay at an inn that has such a ghastly story tied to it. Maybe he spooked her with the tale and that's how that talk about divorce came up 🤔.

Looking forward to what Ron cooks. Hopefully he has a way for Isshiki to be his great detective puppet this time and has somewhat of an idea who this guy is.
Oct 16, 2023 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to fire1mam0
@KANLen09 Your analysis is really great
@fire1mam0 No offense but that's not analysis. That's just summarizing
Oct 16, 2023 11:25 PM
Apr 2021
Omggggg this shit getting so interesting I wondered who murdered the woman?????😫

This shit deadass giving me hype levels the same as when I watch a Detective Conan episode🔥😮‍💨
Oct 17, 2023 4:11 AM

Mar 2011
The first two part case, this is very exciting. Somehow winning a prize/ vacation sounded very familiar. And then they stumble right into a crime. :O Where did I hear that before?

Although I knew right away who was going to be killed and I think I have an idea who did it (also considering the alibi situation). It was a surprise to me that Amamiya was suspected (also I feel sorry for her, walking into the men's bath and embarrassing herself in front of her 'crush'.)

Let me just say when Ron pulled out "The Game of Life" I laughed so hard I had to pause for one minute :P:P. I can't help but I love his character more and more (and even I thought it was cool how he said he could prove what happened at the end). He's really odd and unique but in a very, very good way. Finally a main character who isn't bland and boring (somehow I still can't warm up with Toto tho. Not that I dislike him I just hope he'll be more than what we've seen so far).

Also I don't like the guy who was send by BLUE to investigate Ron. He's also a little suspicious in a sense that I feel like he personally benefits going after Ron. And I was wondering if the girl in the Ending might be related to this guy and something happened to her for which he blames Ron (so he'd at least have a personal motive to want to get rid off him). Also even considering BLUE'S motive for keeping check on Ron... I feel like there's much more behind it than it seems (with his scar and all). And I'm really excited to learn more.

I can't believe I have to wait another week to see how it continues. I'm honestly considering reading the manga (if anyone has read it maybe you can let me know if it's worth it?). As long as I don't know I'm still able to have my own theories for this anime.

I really loved this episode much more than the one before and overall this anime could be the most interesting of this season. At least it keeps me thinking and wondering even when I'm not watching. Can't wait for more <3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 17, 2023 5:43 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to Red_Ranger_Wien
@fire1mam0 No offense but that's not analysis. That's just summarizing
@Red_Ranger_Wien No problem
Oct 17, 2023 6:20 AM

Apr 2023
Couldn't wait till next week...
Oct 17, 2023 7:11 AM

Jan 2017
Ron is so freaking handsome and cool :D
Oct 17, 2023 9:01 AM
Feb 2020
ok no idea where this is going...maybe i'l just pick up the manga
Oct 17, 2023 9:04 AM

Jan 2019
Constantly bringing up The Game Of Life feels like paid product placement but it's a funny bit so I'll allow it.

I don't think we have enough details to make a judgement, they didn't even give us a cause of death.

The imposter seemed to know something would go down after midnight though, so my guess? The imposter gave her some kind of paralytic poison to fake her death and this is all a set up to catch Ron deducing again.

Oct 17, 2023 4:03 PM

May 2019
There are so many factors at play here that it's hard to know what really matters and what doesn't. For example, the purple haired guy working for BLUE kept looking at his watch when it was getting late as if he knew something. Also with Toto's boss being there this feels like a set up, including the fact that Ron won the vacation. In fact, wasn't that purple haired guy at the store too? So maybe they are working together?

Besides all that we also have the dead woman's husband not reacting much to her death other than being accusatory towards others like to Toto's boss and also failing to report her missing when they all went to bed but that route seems too obvious... Anyways, I'm looking forward to more of this mystery in the next episode.
Oct 17, 2023 4:47 PM

Mar 2007
A bunch of expensive cat food purchases leads to many raffle tickets and a winning Onsen ticket for Ron and his "naive pure detective" partner ... uh friend.

There's an unexpected appearance by a very stacked Amamiya, oh my ... girl, you done walked into the wrong section. IDK which man was redder?

The episode ends just as we get a murder mystery. The spy is there so how will Ron NOT give himself away?
Oct 17, 2023 4:56 PM

Aug 2014
Just when I thought this was something I can easily recommend, I got hit with that nudity out of nowhere :/
Interesting episode but felt like that was unnecessary tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 18, 2023 1:18 AM

Mar 2008
This one is painfully obvious i can guess it

Oct 18, 2023 2:46 AM

May 2021
O caso em si é interessante e teve a famosa comédia que todos nós adoramos. A entrada do novo personagem vai alterar o "comum" das vidas deles ... mas eu sou mais fã quando um caso começa e termina no mesmo episódio ... separar em "Parte 1 e 2" é um pouco chato ter que ficar 1 semana há espera para ver o caso resolvido ... Mas isso deve ter acontecido por alguma razão. Que venha o próximo episódio

Oct 18, 2023 2:57 AM

Nov 2022
Ok my crazy theory is this:

Oct 18, 2023 6:39 AM
Aug 2020
i love spitz he's just a guy
there's a meaning to that
Oct 18, 2023 1:34 PM

Dec 2018
Hmm... Pretty sure it's the purple hair guy plan to see if Ron still 'kill' the suspect...
Maybe others is actually part of his scheme.
So.. Who might be the 'killer'? Her husband? Or someone else...

Well, Amamiya is actually having a nice looking body.

Oct 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Jul 2022
tf man that felt like 5mins i cant waitttttt
Oct 19, 2023 10:03 AM

Jun 2020
Did Ron really doesn't notice that the purple hair guy—I forgot his name— is spying him right now? Or is he just pretending?
Oct 19, 2023 3:14 PM
Jun 2023
I'm enjoying this as a casual watch I guess, nothing much to write home about
Oct 19, 2023 4:44 PM
Dec 2020
ça devient intéressant !!
Oct 19, 2023 5:06 PM
May 2023
Running out of cat food is indeed an emergency. The man cares for his cat.
Oct 19, 2023 7:26 PM
May 2017
Mannn imma just guess everyone besides our two mcs and amiya are paid actors. Cuz I can't believe purple hair just randomly got that job at the inn so quick and a murder just happened to take place. Like yeah we know his motive is to set a stage to catch Kamo sleuthing. But I doubt he'd kill an innocent over it...right?

This seems like a fake situation imo, but we'll see more next time
Oct 20, 2023 3:51 AM
Mar 2013
Immediately after the episode ended, I was about to look up the manga just to read how they solved this case, but I'll wait. I really want to know what happened :( especially since the detective guy seems to have solved it already.
Oct 20, 2023 8:09 PM
Mar 2018
Dropping it with this episode. This mystery is an Agatha Christie rip off. I was able to guess the solution based on this episode's similarities to one of her books. I was expecting an original story but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

73 by stray_ish »»
Oct 13, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

72 by Twicky_ »»
Oct 8, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

39 by Twicky_ »»
Oct 8, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 31, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.