Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 24, 2019 3:17 AM
Oct 2016
I loved this episode so much -- all the little details added so much realism and heart to this show. The talent show auditions were so accurate XD. And the last part with the passerby teaching them the handshake was beautiful -- so true to life, when our paths cross with other people for only a brief moment but these are so full of meaning.
May 24, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2009
It was a decent episode. The audition was funny though it felt a bit too overboard with all these characters. But we had some crazy stuff today too, as long as you get the attention anything works I guess.
It's nice that the girls are bonding even more, but I find it hard to believe that Carole would find her situation that normal, given that she probably has seen more of the world than Tuesday, or is the situation in the future on Mars that poor that orphans are a common occurrence? I'd wish we get to see and learn more of that world setting.
What happened between Angela and Mama?
And yeah, I'm looking forward to the finals when we get to see the girls competing with Angela.
shiroi-ookamiMay 24, 2019 3:47 AM
May 24, 2019 3:42 AM

Dec 2015
Ok, I have to admit, this episode was really cool. Although I'm not sure if this show is gonna be any better than that
May 24, 2019 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
the native Martian was lit!
May 24, 2019 4:54 AM

Feb 2019
Oh god all the other contestants are freaking hillarious XD
And im assuming C&T and Angela will meet in X Factor and become rivals in there
May 24, 2019 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
leonardobarba said:
FuMomo-kun said:
...the sci-fi is too weird...doesn't look or feel much different than our current world...their phones and everything are the exact same as what we have now...

Terraformed Mars and commonplace Artificial Intelligences -- I think they are enough science fiction.

I don't think there's something wrong about the vision of future technology of 'Carole and Tuesday'. Technology advances through evolutions, not revolutions. The year 2000 went and flying cars still aren't commonplace on 2019. I think it's the most probable vision of future technology.

Their world-building isn't strong enough, in my opinion. I think 'Ghost in the Shell' shows a better Sci-Fi world, and the characters look like they belong there, and not in our world. In 'Carole and Tuesday', it feels like the characters are from our world, while their own world isn't properly fleshed out.
I don't know how to explain it, but it could just be the genre conflict that is making it hard for me to suspend my disbelief. The girls' fulfil-your-dream arc doesn't allow us to properly experience the Sci-Fi world they live in. So, either this story could have taken place in our world, just a bit more developed; or the girls' story arc could have been modified a little more to allow us to experience the Sci-Fi world from a growing musician's perspective. I think the former option would be better because I like the characters, and don't want them to change to fit the setting.
May 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Sep 2017
10/10 episode just for the Vitas reference

May 24, 2019 6:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thought the electric japanese guitar dude at the audition was pretty rad

Some much needed background info and development for both characters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2019 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
Vitas reference lmao and I will sing some dubstep to my children in the future.*If I would have any)

It's really great to see an anime which is heavily focused on western culture since it's very rare.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
May 24, 2019 8:28 AM

May 2015
Lol, Eurovision vibes from this episode.

Not surprised they got selected considering the bunch of weirdos they were up against. I wonder what are other 7 selected look and sound like apart from Angela.
May 24, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
Rofl that woman with the dead mother and that song. :D I also liked Martian guy 2nd best. And just noticed (as someone mentioned in another thread weeks ago) that the episode titles are titles of real existing songs.

Pacing feels to get slower. (Well at least 1 more episode for the main talent show as long as they don't do more shows where always 1 gets eliminated until winner is left - which could need more episodes.)

Looking forward to see Angela facing the girls in the show. Also nice detail with her manager really being her "Mama" (previously a papa).
May 24, 2019 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
5/5 just for that audition segment. That was hilarious!
May 24, 2019 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
shiroi-ookami said:

Domestic abuse to the point of blood being stained onto the wall and mama needing to take heavy medication to calm violent tendency

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2019 10:45 AM
May 2019
I want to see them sing in the next epsiodes!! 😄💖
May 24, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
yes they got selected...I was so expecting them to be
May 24, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
For a moment there I thought I was watching JoJo - that native martian thing was so bizarre haha. I'm disappointed we didn't hear C&T sing though, booo!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
May 24, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
JizzyHitler said:
shiroi-ookami said:

Domestic abuse to the point of blood being stained onto the wall and mama needing to take heavy medication to calm violent tendency

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there was medical abuse involved, that mama actually got violent because of the side effects of the medications but got better.
May 24, 2019 12:44 PM

Feb 2007
Brilliant auditions! :D

And this is the downside of Tuesday's brother just leaving them be. There would have been much less worrying this time if he had expressed his support in person.
May 24, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
shiroi-ookami said:
JizzyHitler said:

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there was medical abuse involved, that mama actually got violent because of the side effects of the medications but got better.
No it looks much more like mama was violent before the medication not cause of side effects. Just seemed to be a genuinely violent person

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2019 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
Not bad. Was half expecting a longer tournament arc, but 8 participants is already more than enough potential face-offs.
May 24, 2019 2:50 PM

Jun 2011
-A few of those people like that little girl puppet and the old lady who lost her mother sing so badly, it's funny.
-Dang, why Angie's mother look old as fuck?
-Tuesday, you're a liar. You came to the city with a plan to do music.
-Lol, happy children running to lighten up the dramatic mood of the scene.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 24, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
LOLZ! X-Factor!??!? This show has really gone westernized!...it's western to begin with since its''y'know...netflx
4/5.

May 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
This is more like it. We need more character interactions.
May 24, 2019 6:37 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
evilcorn said:
Yoooo that "native Martian" contestant was a Vitas reference lmao.

Hahaha, this reference had me dying, holy shit. It was so hilarious. x)
May 24, 2019 10:46 PM

Feb 2018
auditions were damn funny lol , and that handshake at the end made my day .
May 25, 2019 12:15 AM

Feb 2014
Someday she's Monday, and then Wednesday. But in truth she's Tuesday XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 25, 2019 11:04 AM

May 2018
Kakoyin's great great great great grandson practicing the secret Kakyoin technique:
rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero rero
May 25, 2019 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
jacippi said:
Talim said:
I really wanted to see their audition. :( Oh well..

I'm guessing they'll show it when it's being broadcast and Tuesday's family would see? Maybe.

Oh, yeah. That's entirely possible as well.
May 25, 2019 7:21 PM
Aug 2015
I feel like almost with every episode I keep feeling like it couldn’t possibly get better and then still somehow manages too! XD that guy teaching them to handshake made it thou haha
May 25, 2019 10:01 PM

Jun 2013
I thought Earth was already obliterated turns out that Carole is from there. That little backstory of hers was just dropped out of nowhere. Perhaps, after she and Tuesday both become famous, her parents will reach out to her? Or someone who knew her parents? In a lot of talent shows they often showcase a contestant's tragic backstory. It might happen to Carole.

For some reason, I find that IG star kind of interesting, I hope they show him again in the future. Same with IDEA, who made a comeback. Love that little scammer.

Damn that granny who auditioned though lol also another cameo by Danny Glover showing Carole and Tuesday how they can properly do a high five.
BibimbapskiMay 25, 2019 10:20 PM
臭い-
May 26, 2019 11:57 AM

Oct 2017
Oh this episode is full of fun. First its like american idol lol and secondly omgggg vitass the russian alien costume weirdo xD !! ahahahaha that was quite unexpected lmfao.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 26, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2017
They never did give the poor dude his shades back.
May 26, 2019 6:39 PM
Jan 2019
Hahahaha, what a fun audition. There were very interesting and peculiar people. Do not think I did not notice some references to other singers, like "Vitas" who makes strange sounds with his tongue. LOL 😂.
And about the robot ... You will not cheat on any new swindler xD.
I'm glad that Carole & Tuesday will pass the auditions 😁. This experience helped them to be more sincere and to know a little more about each other.

"Whatever happens, it will happen" ✊.

Being a little more serious, I hope that Gus is not a problem in the future with regard to the bets and money of the girls. And ... can you imagine that Tuesday's father is a giant in the music industry?

PS: WTF ?! Something told me that Angela's mom was a man. It's crazy
May 27, 2019 12:31 AM

Sep 2009
You know, these selections really reminded me of the tipical selections for X-factor (we have it in my country to).
May 27, 2019 12:52 AM

Jan 2019
Great episode, I'd first noticed the melody from Billy Joels "Movin' out" while the camera was panning the line for the audition outside, ontop of the Vitas reference, on top of everything else you can tell these guys know their music. Just a laid back-feel good anime, Can't help but smile throughout it
"WHERE DAT SUNFLOWER BOI AT?"

May 27, 2019 2:07 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Okay but that first booty-shaking contestant wasn't too bad, just really out there. XD Actually, I found myself laughing at a lot of the auditions!
Good luck to them!
Though, I do kinda wish we had more on Angela. We get little snippets but we'll hopefully get more.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2015
Check out this super obscure reference I noticed.

That's Wimpy in the background, and his catch phrase is "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" and Tuesday is a character in this show...
May 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
We got some bonding moments between Carole and Tuesday! I was pretty glad to see Tuesday leaving aside the fact that her mom is after her. Simply LOVED their hand shaking thing. My girls are badass.
May 28, 2019 11:52 PM

Jun 2016
Another excellent episode. This one really made me appreciate the flow and soundtrack of the anime actually. The casual and up beat music makes the planning scenes super pleasant and comfortable, the song when they arrived to audition had a super energetic beat that totally established the excitement and the opportunity that was blossoming in the air. Notably my favorite choice this episode was the song from Angela refusing to go home leading to that peek into her mind. It was ambient, looming, and sad, it sounded like something out of VA-11-HA-11-A, and paired with sci-fi cityscape and the shot of the building it was super aesthetically pleasing and engaging! The visuals and music, and easy to follow along with narrative with its constant movement makes this a complete joy to watch! Mainly because it simply makes the journey of these lovable characters that much more pleasant to experience.

And speaking of those characters, I want to start with Gus first! He showed good and bad sides to his philosophy this episode. It's like he feels that it doesn't matter how they get to the end result, they should unashamedly give it their all and get there anyway they can. Which makes moments like when he puts in random measurements into the form quite humorous, he's forceful but resolved and determined! Then later he had complete faith in Tuesday and didn't even question it, he just stole some guys poor sunglasses. It's this forceful approach he has to life which gets them places, but it can be abrasive and we can also see in it moments like how he bet their money on dog races. Again, he doesn't care how loud or reckless he has to be he just has to get them to their destination, and that's what I love about him in the good and bad!

Tuesday showed some introspection this episode! She saw how much Carole was doing for her and how hard she works while being caught up in her own mind all the time. It got her thinking and feeling quite bad. She wants to be open and honest with Carole and be strong like her! And she will going forward! Tuesday's anxieties are cute and I like how emotional she is but my favorite part of her character is how excitable she naturally gets! Whether its being swayed to eat with Gus immediately or how quick she stops being scared when she's having fun with Carole. Here was my favorite instance of it, she went from being sad and gloomy to being super freaking cool! "Whatever happens, happens!". Tuesday is the kind of person who benefits from strong role models and friends around her the most.

And regarding the main 4 I love how close they're getting! The way Carole smirked as Gus put Roddy in a headlock reminded me of how she was expecting them to ride to the concert on the train with a chuckle. It's a natural growth but I feel they all appreciate and respect each other, even if they don't show it as openly to Roddy. >:(

Of course I must mention Angela too.. That scene with her which I briefly went over already was kind of breathtaking. It was one of my favorites in this series. Mama showed how their situation was what sent Angela out of the house to begin with, 'the medication side effects are gone and something won't happen again'. Her childhood room is kept intact as it always has been, her photos from her childhood acting career, her trophies, her bed curtains, her sheets, her stuffed animals. It's like a living reminder that Mama won't let her move on from this and it can be suffocating. She seems like a different person when she doesn't have to put on an act. Maybe she's living the only way she knows how.

Overall this was fun. The American Idol type show was humorous and I loved the martian singer reference. It had good character moments all around, especially for Angela and Tuesday. And it was freaking fun and sweet and nice. I liked the guy who showed them how to do a proper cool handshake. Now Angela is finally set up to clash with our girls.
May 30, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2016
Loved this episode! I couldn't feel time passing while I was watching. Very comfy anime.
I'm just worried about Angela, everything in her life has quite a dark feeling and her background looks disturbing. I hope she can get a happy ending in some way.

Oh, the Vitas reference was great! hahahaha
May 31, 2019 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
"sometimes Monday, sometimes Wednesday" LOOOOOOOOOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 31, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2014
Martian Vitas was the best I fucking died
Jun 1, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2009
Nice episode of Space Dandy.
Jun 2, 2019 8:59 PM

Jun 2015
the reporters looking at them doing the handshake like "what the hell does that mean"
Jun 5, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2013
Oh, that's why Angela's mother has a masculine voice...

The Martian's song was unironically good. I'd listen to it willingly and search out more music in that vein.

Carole and Tuesday's... youthful "innocence" (immaturity) and the way they act like stereotypical teenage girls kind of puts me off sometimes, like the goofy handshake yay at the end. I'm becoming a curmudgeonly old fuck, because I can't not roll my eyes at that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 14, 2019 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
Lmfao the martian one

So happy they were selected!
Jun 14, 2019 4:10 PM

Jan 2018
That was the greatest reference ever. Can't believe the Russian singing guy made it into an anime. 10/10.
Jun 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Nov 2018
Spike Spiegel also said "whatever happens, happens" :'-) pretty neat stuff.
Jun 17, 2019 4:59 PM
Mar 2018
Carole and Tuesday are sooooo cute. TwT I feel so happy watching this show, even after my other comments, hah. Also, the auditions were splendid. I almost couldn't handle how funny they were!!
Jun 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2016
Some of those audition scenes were fucking hilarious lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

159 by Gorgos »»
Sep 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.