Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2023 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I am impressed by Ron's plan that came together and ultimately allowed them to discover the culprit. He has very much matured and improved since his debut.

However, the catch of this case was also set up to trap Ron. It was an eerie episode as the case seems to have a more complex mastermind behind it all. Definitely the best case in this show so far imo.
Nov 27, 2023 6:05 AM

Dec 2021
And there you have it. The case is closed. Overall, this case has been quite intriguing, and the ending adds an interesting touch.

Gathering those involved, Toto reveals the truth behind the incident orchestrated by Ron. Finally, the name of the culprit is disclosed. In response to the culprit's objections, Toto systematically exposes the mysteries of the tricks one after another. The resigned culprit contemplates taking their own life, but in their final moments, they unveil that this incident was a trap targeting Ron and hint at the presence of a mastermind behind the scenes.

And I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't just portray Ron as a Sherlock, considering that this character is in the public domain. The hints suggesting that he is a descendant of Sherlock Holmes were accurate, but it seems there's also a connection to James Moriarty, and perhaps even someone else. By "someone else," they likely meant James Moriarty, given the fitting generational and age differences, but it's doubtful that someone from the Moriarty family would phrase it in that manner.

So, could he be a descendant of another famous character from the public domain?

Nov 27, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 2018
why am I being notified for this when it's not even something I'm watching
Nov 27, 2023 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
The trick relies too much on a slippery slope fallacy, like when she see this she will do this, and when she do this she will see this, repeat until the victim died.
Nov 27, 2023 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
This case was interesting, learnt a lot about ron, and he has a lot of enemies.
Nov 27, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
The case of the island murder, now claiming a BLUE instructor, the culprit must be covering his/her tracks well.

Toto rounding out the murderer where John Grizzly claims his fall to death from the rooftop, to deduce that it's Director Jumonji, Toto laid out each and every detail of the nook and cranny that he did, includiong the locked room trick and the fishing line which had been placed to kill any unsuspecting person, then used to kill Grizzly, which the lights were a giveaway. The real plot behind the island's unsolved case lies with his dad who killed everyone with the same gun, Ron had unconsciously gone to his own sleuthing, but had secrets of his own that Ron wanted to ask him, which he had drugged himself with potassium cyanide to rule it a suicide.

To Ron, Jumonji is just one person in a string of sequences that their case dug deeper than he could ever imagine, it was like the murder case 5 years ago, with his neck scar mark being drawn on the culprit's surroundings. That's how Ron came to be, being framed for the Bloody Training Incident and being drawn the neck mark. The truth is that Jumonji was am actor to the House of M, which his family has deep ties of rivalry in the similar vein of Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty.

A sub of the two, who is the House of M that Ron is dealing with of a complex family relationship?
Nov 27, 2023 8:28 AM
Aug 2020
this was really a great episode,

i was not expecting something like that, now i'm really excited to see more...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 27, 2023 8:46 AM
Feb 2020
YUUKOKU NO MORIARTY REFERENCE ????????
Nov 27, 2023 8:49 AM

Jul 2011
Wants to live in peace, have 10 years to dispose of all evidence, like disassembling the gun and throwing parts in the sea. Keeps the gun for some reason, now have to kill someone, make shady deals, and get killed.

Always the Sherlock/Moriarty deal when is an detective story.

Nov 27, 2023 8:58 AM
Jul 2023
So basically one of Ron's parent is direct descendent to Sherlock Holmes and other from Moriarty. This anime is getting more interesting. Even big criminal organizations feared Ron and planned to keep him away from investigation
Nov 27, 2023 9:38 AM

Mar 2020
A little bit clumsy with the motivations of the culprit, but I like the twist at the end, I think that saved it for me. Seems like there's more mystery surrounding Ron, and I like that this case will tie in with the greater plot at hand here. I don't really think the Sherlock/Moriarty relation is very necessary, but it'll make for some interesting family dynamics I guess.
Nov 27, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2019
Disappointing conclusion, very weak motive but I guess the main point of the mystery was to set up Ron going after this new mysterious organisation.

Also the idol's alibi didn't add up with the timing of the lights being destroyed and that wasn't mentioned this episode so I guess we just have to assume that was a mistake.

And Ron is a descendant of Holmes and Moriarty apparently. Mystery writers really can't help linking everything back to Holmes, the detective school was a more original concept I would've liked to have seen explored more.

Nov 27, 2023 10:05 AM

Dec 2018
The plot thickens! I still want to know the details on that scar. Makes sense that the director of the observatory would have outside help, all of those tricks were a bit too precise and no offense to him but he doesn't seem like he could pull that off. not really a fan of the sherlock/moriarty references. I'd rather the work stand on its own. Like we went from original to derivative at light speed.
StateofOhayoNov 27, 2023 10:10 AM
Nov 27, 2023 10:30 AM
Sep 2008
lol people thought and wrote that winter was a male, based on manga, even though everything points to her being just a tomboy... its common for japanese anime and manga to disguise females as males especilly in families like this.. but the whole internet labeled her with genders and stuff... even her voice in the anime is female.. glad they showed it better in the anime
Nov 27, 2023 10:39 AM
Apr 2023
definitely one of my favorites this season
Nov 27, 2023 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
Suddenly more pretty boys appear, huh? Well... can't say it was wholly unexpected, but that's some turn of events still.
Nov 27, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2022
I love Ron and toto’s bromance. They’re a great pair.

This better get a season 2
Nov 27, 2023 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit so the Moriarty and Sherlock theories were right! After undead girl last season we get more of the legendary criminal and detective’s rivalry. I like how in this case, Ron is a descendent of both meaning he has a predisposition to solve as well as commit crimes. Could explain his ability to make people kill themselves

I felt like the Onodera and Grizzley case was a little weak. Orihime’s alibi didn’t really make sense, yet they never really touched on it. Also, dude had 10 years to dispose of any evidence, but he keeps the gun?

Case basically was a set up to introduce the house of M and show who’s pulling the strings behind the scenes. I kinda wish they’d stuck to the detective school set up as opposed to rehashing the Moriarty and Sherlock trope, but it is what it is.

Yea no way that dude was surviving after being brought out there on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Knew he was a dead man as soon as he came out that body bag lol. If the house of M can easily infiltrate places like that, this’ll be interesting.
Marinate1016Nov 27, 2023 12:06 PM
Nov 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Oct 2019
A girl flawlessly mimicking the face, the body build and the voice of an old man... Right... 🤦🏽‍♀️

So Kamonohashi is an ancestor of both Sherlock Holmes and James Moriarty. And he appears to have been hexed 5 years ago by House of M with that mark, to hypnotize -enough with that "pressure" BS already...- killers to kill themselves.

Or the hex/mark makes his Moriarty genes more dominant and this is an ability all members of House of M, starting with James Moriarty, have?

It looks like everyone but the space observatory director himself knew he was going to be killed. Why leave him alive for Ron to find him later and spill the beans? He was a loose end.
Nov 27, 2023 2:34 PM
May 2023
HUGE lore drop in this episode
Nov 27, 2023 4:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well this one certainly went places I wasn’t expecting, starting with the true culprit being Jumonji (not the movie lol), I guess the cutesy and flashy youtube girl took my attention away from the more likely culprit, now I feel bad for thinking it was her because her moment with Toto was cute in this one lol, but yeah kinda like the weird hair guy it just seemed like Jumonji was existing, boy was I wrong lol. And looks like this case is tying into the overarching plot which we haven’t known much about till now, and it’s very cool to find out that Ron is not only a descendant of Sherlock Holmes, but also James Moriarty, two big names in the mystery genre, and they also have me wanting to rewatch “Kabukicho Sherlock” now lol.

And I had a feeling they were going to off Jumonji once he spilled the beans, this dude was silly for thinking some massive underground crime syndicate would just let him go lol. But with the appearance of these new villains and more info on why Ron has this weird power, this is definitely getting more and more interesting than it already was, and I’m glad Toto is sticking around no matter how wild it gets lol.
TheColonel76Nov 27, 2023 5:01 PM
Nov 27, 2023 7:07 PM

Mar 2011
I think they adapted this case pretty well. (Despite the logical issues I already had when reading the manga) but they filled in some blanks so it helped a little bit with the flow in my opinion.

I really got goosebumps when the music started and Ron said he would continue his work as detective to find out who framed him for that bloody murder case and to find out more about his condition and the connections. That was a great choice for BG music. Speaking of great choices by the studio... They really nailed the voice casting for all the characters pretty well!

The "plot twist" really got me in the manga. (Actually more than one twist). To think that the director faked his suicide just to be killed... And we finally find out about Ron's origins. Japan really loves Sherlock Holmes and to include him in their works of fiction one way or another but I personally don't mind since I'm a fan of Holmes too. I think it's really interesting to follow a character who seems to be a descendant of both; Holmes and Moriarty (however that works). Do I think Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be happy about this? Probably not... Or maybe... Then again I've seen adaptations doing much dumber stuff with his creation and like I've said. It's an interesting concept and it adds to Ron's character which was established pretty well up to this point.

Also I've noticed something about Toto. While I'd still wish more depth to his character as well it's nice to see how he got used to be Ron's spokesman by now. He also seems more confident presenting the results from the investigation.

Also only 4 episodes left TT___TT. I already know I need a second season!
Wildflower3Nov 27, 2023 7:11 PM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 27, 2023 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
After watching the other anime which is named Moriarty the Patriot, this plot twist makes things quite interesting.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 27, 2023 7:32 PM

Apr 2022
all that just to get killed in the end anyways.
Nov 27, 2023 10:57 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to toobz567
YUUKOKU NO MORIARTY REFERENCE ????????
@toobz567

Sherlock homes*
Bruh wtf.
Nov 27, 2023 10:58 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Stark700
Not going to lie, I am impressed by Ron's plan that came together and ultimately allowed them to discover the culprit. He has very much matured and improved since his debut.

However, the catch of this case was also set up to trap Ron. It was an eerie episode as the case seems to have a more complex mastermind behind it all. Definitely the best case in this show so far imo.
@Stark700 i don't know how to react to that Twist..

Was that really necessary?
Nov 27, 2023 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
LETS GO
MY BOI NATSUOKA AS THE ANTAG
YOOOOOOOOOO

also yea glad this ep fionally fcking made the shitty tvtrop editors realise winter was a girl
and the manga tl just sucks complete balls
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 28, 2023 1:39 AM

Dec 2018
A new characters introduced. They must be the antagonist huh?
At first he just look like a blond Ron... Guess maybe because they related to Ron after all...

Nice case... 3 episodes for this plot related case. Hope for more interesting case soon.

Nov 28, 2023 10:02 AM
Mar 2023
Sherlock and James Moriarty !!!!!!!!
Nov 28, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to SewerBrat
why am I being notified for this when it's not even something I'm watching
@SewerBrat because its that good you should be watching
Nov 28, 2023 8:14 PM

May 2019
While I thought the culprit would be one of the guys I did not expect him to fake his own suicide and then be ended out at sea shortly thereafter. Also I thought this case was good except for Jumonji's reasoning for killing the first character since he had a lot of time to get rid of the gun.

Now it looks like we're getting into Ron's personal story and with 4 episodes remaining I think this could end in a cliffhanger.
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
Ahh I got most of it right. I was a little at a loss on how the gun was set up and I was off on the motive thinking this guy killed his dad and those other people before but every other detail I was spot on.

I guess maybe Ron was hypnotized before ? Though that doesnt explain what's up with his eyes unless it is some weird contacts he doesnt even know he has in lol
Nov 28, 2023 9:08 PM
May 2023
now it's getting interesting...hope it's 2nd season will come out soon
Nov 28, 2023 9:37 PM
Mar 2023
The real plot of the anime has begun, It seems that the anime will focus more on Ron's life and his family, but I hope that the level of the anime will remain like this and improve

What exactly is the connection between the Blue Organization and the Ron family?

Nov 29, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2022
Very good episode (finally !!!).
Nov 29, 2023 6:58 PM

Sep 2007
OH SNAP....Did they JUST name drop Moriarty AND Holmes?
And Ron's their descendant?
Mind is blown.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 30, 2023 3:22 PM
Apr 2023
Oh wow. This episode definitely the best one so far. Not only they finally solved the murder (altho I started this show like 4 days ago lol so it didn’t feel long to me), they also revealed that there is an organisation opposite of BLUE. The amount of shit that happened got me bamboozled. The anime is getting some depth now imo
Nov 30, 2023 3:25 PM
Apr 2023
Alfredo-Sauce said:
While I thought the culprit would be one of the guys I did not expect him to fake his own suicide and then be ended out at sea shortly thereafter. Also I thought this case was good except for Jumonji's reasoning for killing the first character since he had a lot of time to get rid of the gun.

Now it looks like we're getting into Ron's personal story and with 4 episodes remaining I think this could end in a cliffhanger.

I agree on the disposal of the gun part. But also, she probably was figuring out more about the mass murder not just from the gun yk in those 10y. Also, I wonder why did they invite grizzley-san in the first place. What was the motive unless I missed something out
Nov 30, 2023 3:36 PM
Apr 2023
Wow I wasn’t expecting that plot twist but I’m not surprised either. I would think of YuuMori Moriarty but they said James so not William Moriarty but the Professor Moriarty form the books. It always seems to come back to Sherly and Moriarty in these detective shows huh? That’s just how popular they are! Not sure how the family tree would work since neither of the men had a wife or children, but it’s an interesting take.
Nov 30, 2023 7:35 PM

Dec 2015
Well darn... way to follow in your father's foot steps I guess. The trick was interesting. Haven't seen fishing line be used like this since old school Detective Conan.
Just when Jumonji had something more to say he ends biting the dust himself. If he really wanted some peace and to cover up what happened there he shouldn't have invited people.

Only the Lord of Crime could put one over on Ron like this and for that to be the meaning behind his scar is surprising. I guess this is where the real story begins. Wonder what BLUE are going to do. Also, I wonder if they knew about his bloodline. And who the heck are his parents because somebody must have had some Romeo Juliet romance.
Dec 1, 2023 9:41 AM

May 2019
Reply to Gabija222
Alfredo-Sauce said:

I agree on the disposal of the gun part. But also, she probably was figuring out more about the mass murder not just from the gun yk in those 10y. Also, I wonder why did they invite grizzley-san in the first place. What was the motive unless I missed something out
@Gabija222
My guess as to why they brought out Grizzley-san was to see if Jumonji could actually get Ron arrested for the setup or maybe its to send a message from Ron's family members to BLUE, we'll see.
Dec 1, 2023 9:45 AM
Apr 2023
Alfredo-Sauce said:
@Gabija222
My guess as to why they brought out Grizzley-san was to see if Jumonji could actually get Ron arrested for the setup or maybe its to send a message from Ron's family members to BLUE, we'll see.

Interesting, both could be possible. We shall see indeed :)
Dec 2, 2023 3:49 PM
Dec 2020
the resolution of the case is good but I have mixed feelings about everything else
The humor leaves me unmoved, there are inconsistencies such as letting everyone wander around the building when there have been deaths, or the lack of emotion among those present, to believe that they see dead people every day, with a killer who can kill them, anyway...
Dec 2, 2023 4:48 PM
Mar 2019
So we finally get some background on Ron, and his...peculiarities. There's a deeper mystery here. I wonder if more will come this season.
Dec 2, 2023 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
I figured out Ron was related to Sherlock Holmes a few episodes ago. I thought he had an unknown enemy that would be a descendant of Moriarity, but it never occurred to me that he Ron was a descendant of both. That explains the 96 on his neck.
Dec 2, 2023 11:35 PM
Apr 2021
Holy FUCK that plot twist at the end had shook I did not know that bro was gonna be killed by the Moriarty😧😧and no way were getting another anime with Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty this feels exactly like Undead Girl Murder Farce and I love it, can’t wait for the next episode🤩🔥🔥🔥
Dec 4, 2023 4:42 AM

Apr 2023
My first reaction when I knew that Ron is a descendant of Holmes and Moriarty: How in the world did these two get married? lmao
Dec 4, 2023 5:43 AM
Nov 2023
This anime is an easy an interserting to watch!!

I recommend this anime if you like a detective, light anime to watch
Dec 5, 2023 8:48 AM

May 2020
The buildup is always better than payoff in this series. I mean the director of observatory should be that one person they wouldn't have presented as the culprit. For all we knew, he was doing this to redeem his father's name, but then the sudden revelation of his father being the killer of those murders from a decade ago.. for reasons unknown, and then the director trying to cover up was quite weak honestly.

Anyways, the twist in the end was quite surprising, not because we were introduced to some alphabet criminal family, but because all of a sudden they've name-dropped holmes and moriarty, and Ron's history with them... what??? Lol.
Dec 6, 2023 3:46 AM

Oct 2008
police with closed eyes are always bad news!!!
4/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

73 by stray_ish »»
Oct 13, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

39 by Twicky_ »»
Oct 8, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 31, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 29, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.