Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 3, 2010 11:51 AM

May 2008
I feel really woozy after this. Like my brain just got caught in a blender.
Yet I can't stop watching... I love it.
Jun 21, 2010 10:25 PM
May 2008
Much more enjoyable in comparison to the first (which I also enjoyed), and also had better humor imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 2, 2010 7:15 AM

Jan 2010
as much as i hated the first episode...this was freakin awesome :D
gotta love penile disorders lol xD

5/5,and i have the feeling i'll love this show if it goes on like this :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Oh man this was funny. XD
Dec 27, 2010 10:09 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, this is so over-the-top, I LOVE IT. Feels like Toei is gleaning a lot of inspiration from the Studio 4c rotoscoping style.

MaxCrazy7 said:

I feel sorry for the poor guy. Couldn't they just drain him or something?

Yeah, watching that for so long reminded me of how painful a boner can be at inopportune times..
May 19, 2011 11:30 AM

May 2010
rynisyou said:
Love this episode, the fact that standing up meant; standing up straight from the awkward position he was in / he had to stand up for his own opinions and such.

And I also love how they hint you on the next episode's patients (example: in ep1, Taguchi was there doing their paperwork and in ep2, Junichi is the author of the book. These small details makes this show extra interesting imo :)

This. Very well said.

Aside from the bizarre visuals, the nature of the storyline is quite great. Symbolisms just like Mononoke is pure awesomeness!! :D

Had some laughs with this. :D
StormViruzMay 19, 2011 11:33 AM
Apr 15, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2008
Taguchi became such a fucking boss, telling that lady off.
The anime just got interesting for me; hopefully there will be more crazy cases like this that have an awesome ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2012 7:47 PM

Oct 2010
this is such a weird show. i love it.
Jun 4, 2012 2:28 AM

Mar 2008
Definitely the best episode of the series. I literally had anxiety (as in I had to take a xanax) watching it. Stories about breakups are unexpectedly rare in visual media, especially considering how much they pollute music, but this is an example of a breakup done well; divorce - especially in such a situation - is serious business, but Nakamura manages to find both humour and pathos in it.
Apr 15, 2013 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
This is good.
And for an anime so artsy, this is really easy to follow.
The story stays simple and understandable.
May 23, 2013 2:50 PM
Aug 2011
Whooohoooo! Spinning a briefcase on your schlong. XD
Props to Sakurai.

Oh and I think that cardboard people in the backgrounds are fantastic.
Jun 1, 2013 4:44 AM

May 2012
What a topic lol, that sure is well interesting ;p good episode with a nice ending, lets see who's next!
Jun 17, 2013 1:38 PM

Nov 2011
That needle scene always gets my attention, more than I should probably care.
Nov 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
This easily goes to the list of one of the best episodes I've watched in any show, I hope it stays as strong as it is.
Apr 14, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2011
I like this. Having it "standing" all the time must be inconvenient, if he got exposed @ the pool, he's a goner lol.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY said:

And I also love how they hint you on the next episode's patients (example: in ep1, Taguchi was there doing their paperwork and in ep2, Junichi is the author of the book. These small details makes this show extra interesting imo :)

+1.
ToG25thBaamApr 14, 2014 5:18 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
parfaited said:

Oh and I think that cardboard people in the backgrounds are fantastic.

Ditto, I can't stop from looking at them, especially while they're moving.
Jul 27, 2014 8:12 AM

Jan 2014
Now this really is something unique and deep. Like it. Like the OP, too btw :)
Sep 19, 2014 6:42 AM

Apr 2013
The scene is the restaurant and the spinning briefcase reminds me of "Helicopter dick" xD
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
Feb 13, 2015 4:39 AM

Aug 2014
First a penguin(?) then a rhinoceros...
I know that being startled in some way causes the patients' heads to take those forms, but what is the meaning behind the animals used to represent them?
May 15, 2015 11:13 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit this was a very strong episode, I could relate completely and the end was perfect, damn...
Aug 19, 2015 7:17 PM

Jul 2008
That was pretty funny, and the doctor, is he real or not?
Mar 4, 2016 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
i think that a frustrated kaishain is easier to relate than a trapeze artist anyway.
but this is crazy done right, and nothing better than a premise about psychological problems to go crazy like this. makes the show lighter.
May 31, 2016 3:10 PM
Sep 2009
"We have some good news and some bad news."
"Well, what's the good news?"
"The anime you're in will have live action and show your handsome face."
"What's the bad news?"
*plops down script for episode 2*
Jul 15, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2012
A permanent erection, sounds good on paper but is probably a man's worst nightmare xD
Aug 29, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know why or how to explain it but this episode was really good.
Sep 2, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2010
Lemonaded said:
So much better than the first episode. Hilarious and awesome.

Yeah, that focus on the trapeze guy was pretty boring to say the least.

Nov 26, 2016 7:37 PM

Feb 2016
This is so amazing why havent I seen it earlier

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

May 13, 2017 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
What a great episode!! I <3 this anime already
Jun 2, 2017 6:14 AM
Jan 2016
This is the most strangest and weirdest episode I've ever watched in my entire life
Feb 13, 2018 12:57 AM

Mar 2017
I should really hate this anime, because it's waaaay too weird for my tastes... but it's so interesting and kind of fascinating. I can't help but love it! And I've gotten used to the art style already, I think it looks amazing.

It may not be 100% scientifically accurate when it comes to the psychological aspect, but I loved the two stories we got so far. There's some great characterization going on.

And of course the daydream scene was hilarious! I like how this anime combines serious issues with some pretty funny stuff. It's great!
Jul 28, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
>that music kicking in at the end
Taguchi is a cool dude

fukumenkei said:
i think that a frustrated kaishain is easier to relate than a trapeze artist anyway.
Think he's a koumuin.
EratiKJul 28, 2019 12:16 PM
Dec 29, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
I love how they use the seiyuu's face (Sakurai Takihiro) to show a lot of Taguchi's expressions
And also to censor things xD

Wow, the ending I like it
Japanese people tend to be a Yes-Man, but I think that's a really negative thing
They should be able to refuse
Good for you Sakurai Takahiro xD

"Signature removed"
Feb 8, 2020 4:20 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, also thought that this episode was more enjoyable than the first one and I liked the message.

Also cool that despite being episodic the stories are still linked to each other.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
At the beginning the books on the shelf had some totally random names...and then "Tomorrow" again

I also noticed that people turn into animals after the injection. In this case Taguchi also turned into a rhino when feeling extra horny? xD But seriously, all these "allusions" to erection or ways to show it through other things (like the bag that lost it balance) is just hilariousy creative

Taguchi's "timesheet" for work showed that he's punctual when it comes to arriving at work.

I suspect that Dr.Irabu is not *literally* going everywhere with the patients, he/she might not even be real (especially if the Freudian interpretation is correct)

I still wonder what do these birds and butterflies mean, and whose faces are used for the characters. Their seiyuus, I guess? In this case Teguchi was voiced by Takahiro Sakurai, who also gave a voice to Kusuriuri from Mononoke!

New ED!

P.S. I guess the calendar "reset" at the end of each preview means that all these consultations happen on the same day/week.
St0rmbladeAug 19, 2020 2:51 PM
Feb 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Mar 2010
A episode of moving on.
Jan 10, 2022 2:04 AM

Nov 2018
Great anime.Stupidly deep and psychological.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 16, 2022 5:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol priapism, happy that I never had that before xD though that guy truly became a chad at the end
Mar 27, 2022 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
There's no hyperbole when I say this, that was one of the best episodes I ever watched.

I mentioned in the first episode that the actual narrative wasn't very good, and I was hoping to see that improve because the style wasn't going to carry it alone and god damn, did they ever improve here. The premise is so stupid, crude, and endlessly entertaining. I had a lot of laughs and big old smile on my face the whole time.

But outside of that, it wasn't just funny, but surprisingly sentimental and sweet. Taguchi's resolution of standing up for himself and not just doing everything for his co-worker was an excellent resolution, especially for how much weight is added to that action since he spent the entire time previously covering his boner. The actual talk Taguchi had with his ex, and him not letting her have it was pretty touching, and maturely done. Especially the reminiscing on if their place was too big. Using their broken photo to demonstrate the size of the place then filling that space up with the photo together and the little photos to illustrate Taguchi's point was a brilliant touch, as framing it in-between the teared up picture further highlights how much was lost in the relationship.

And the way the visuals complimented the story really worked took this too another level. The rhino bit was great, and was the perfect animal head for phallic jokes. They had a lot of fun with phallic jokes. Anyway, one of the coolest artistic decisions on the show evident in the first episode, was that the extras/background characters were cardboard cut-outs. Having the ex-wife (& his ring) transform from a regular character to a cardboard cut-out was such an effective way to use the shows unique visual idiosyncrasies to punctuate an emotional moment. Loved it.

The one complaint I have it, and it's not really a knock on the episode or so, the romance novelist didn't appear in this episode did he? Taguchi showed up in episode one before the end, I really like that level of interconnectivity between the episodic affairs but I didn't spot the Romance Novelist at all. I had expected the guy who wanted he waitress' number to be the next patient.
Jul 17, 2022 6:55 AM

Sep 2018
Holy shit, that was good. Wasn't too sure after the first episode, but that had me hooked all the way through. What an episode.
Oct 16, 2022 9:05 PM

Jan 2010
I love how the episode immediately and offhandedly tells viewers to see a urologist, possibly invalidating the point of the episode entirely.

I've never heard of a permanent erection before, much less how it could be caused by psychological stress and trauma. While the stress Tetsuya felt regarding his ex-wife was significant, it seemed like his work-related stress was a greater and constant contribution to his health issues.
ShockedOct 16, 2022 9:26 PM
Oct 23, 2022 11:06 PM

Jan 2020
Poor Taguchi.

I'm not sure why he had so much sensitivity in his erection though? He acted like every little movement, even sitting down, hurt.

Shit went off the rails when he met up with his ex. I thought he was really laying into her until we pulled away from his thoughts.

Oh well, at least he managed to stand up for himself at work.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 27, 2023 3:32 AM
Mar 2023
Dick= Funny; a bit too crude for my liking and has a lot of cringe humor, not humor that's cringe, humor that's humorous because you feel awkward by it, but it just made me feel awkward. Maybe it'd be better if I had ever had an awkward boner in my life.
Ok, I started writing this before I finished the episode, and the ending with the ex hit me and Taguchi was based and do-it-yourself-pilled at the end, I still don't think I really enjoyed the episode and I wouldn't rewatch it or anything like that, but it's not just dick jokes... only like 95%.
Apr 1, 2023 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Glad fella has moved on from his past trauma of his ex-wife. At first when he let his feelings out, I thought he really did, but when I saw people clapping I was like, "Wait a tick..." lol. It was better to take the route he actually took. 

Not only that, but he stood up (literally) for himself. It's true, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I also like the motif of the rhino since fella had a prolonged erection and rhinos have horns. So horny, get it? 
Jul 24, 2023 5:15 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
This was rather...painful lmao

but it did turn kinda wholesome
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ❄ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Feb 18, 1:07 PM

Dec 2021
honestly a very real subject to tackle and i really appreciate the outcome
May 4, 11:23 AM

May 2021
Wasn’t expecting a permanent boner lol
Wholesome end at least
Inhales oxygen
Aug 15, 6:24 PM
Oct 2022
I was more than a little shocked at the imagery and more than a little lost on how exactly the first and second half of the episode connected..this series is weird but I'm already too deep
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

198 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2009

68 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2009

45 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

53 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2009

69 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.