Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is it next Saturday yet?

Also, fuck yeah hugs.
Sep 3, 2011 10:57 AM

Feb 2009
Damn I missed the intro. :(

Anyway, I thought that not much happened during this episode.. i was hoping for some sort of surprise but Maverick was being his predictable self and Bunny got his memory back after getting his helmet knocked off. I mean.. seriously?

I just didn't catch what that android man is going to do with the other heroes? (something with copying their powers for future android use?)

PS: I found Dark/Black Tiger's revelation of identity disappointing. This makes is less personal (ok, I know I know, Barnaby's parents..*sigh*)
Sep 3, 2011 1:21 PM

May 2009
Ooh, so 'Bunny' really did break the spell! <3

Other than that squeal-worthy moment, it was a bit of a shock that Maverick just disposed of Bunny as soon as he regained his memories - and the rest of the heroes too. Why bother with the elaborate memory-altering plan then? He even cooked Bunny breakfast. o.O

He's keeping Kaede alive in spite of his certainty Kotetsu won't walk out of the fight alive, but the other heroes have to go through a different sort of thrill? He either has plans for Kaede or he's losing it. Or the script is losing it, which would be a major shame.
Sep 3, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2010
plot is really cliche lol somehow every week people nail the predictions too well (i.e. the bunny part which undoes the memory for bunny) oh well i still love this show
Sep 3, 2011 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
LOL @ his memory coming back after being called "Bunny-chan" ahahahaha

guess I was wrong about the pin, still it had some significance.

where's our boy Lunatic? surely he has to show up since this showdown is at the Justice Bureau? he needs to show up and make Maverick BURN.

so the other heroes were kinda useless...... now we get Tiger& Bunny back together vs Robot Tiger
Sep 3, 2011 2:01 PM

May 2010
And the smackdown begins. I was betting the fake Tiger was one of Rotwang's robots.

Kotetsu….you're such a sack of sobs!

Now Saito has a personal PA system! And did he send Barnaby's new suit throughout the trash masher?

Yeah, I want to see Lunatic save the day.
Sep 3, 2011 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
oh yeah Saito was a bro. Agnes is pretty stupid but she always was.
Sep 3, 2011 4:02 PM

May 2007
Wow, so many people predicted the "Bunny" revelation that this is ridiculous. It's like they stopped trying in the second half and decided to embrace every cliche and weak plot point they could think of.

I can only wonder how much of this is a result of the show getting popular in Japan. Did they always intend to start off different and embrace hackneyed ideas later?

Instead of killing off the heroes when they were vulnerable the enemy is making them face trials for his entertainment?

Maverick has kidnapped the main characters daughter to make him feel distracted during the battle and to use her as a way to cheat?

Such cliche!
I continue to be let down by the direction of the series, although its still better than what else is available for my interests.
Sep 3, 2011 5:30 PM

Jan 2011
"NEXT HATER" lmao

Ugh, SOOOO disappointed with the fake tiger revelation. I'm sure EVERYONE here who was betting on the android theory thought it would be related to Barnaby's parents somehow. For Maverick to just say
"I decided to Hire the guy cause he impressed me"

What the hell was that? At least doing something related with the parents would have made it personal for Bunny....such a let down revelation.....

And people are right, it wasn't as bad at first, but the cliche moments have been REALLY hitting hard these past few episodes.....

And no Lunatic makes me even more disappointed.
Sep 3, 2011 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, that was one creepy android. Anyway, this episode was a bit predictable but it was still fun to watch. The fact that Maverick would dispose of the heroes that easily and that cruelly goes to show what a bastard he is. I'm getting the feeling that Lunatic won't be showing up but I hope I'm wrong. However, part of me would like to see the heroes get themselves out this mess on their own.

Ah well. Time for the long wait until next week. Thankfully I have a nice, big anime backlog to keep me busy 'til then.
Sep 3, 2011 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
Well goddamn. The wait is on. Despite some parts being cliche, it's still fun and I can't help but want to see what happens next. However, like others have mentioned, the cliche moments are getting a bit tired. >_> I feel like Lunatic's character was totally wasted. There was so much build up, but then things just jumped to oh look, conspiracy theory. Let's spend the rest of our episodes on that.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
Ugh, SOOOO disappointed with the fake tiger revelation. I'm sure EVERYONE here who was betting on the android theory thought it would be related to Barnaby's parents somehow. For Maverick to just say
"I decided to Hire the guy cause he impressed me"

What the hell was that? At least doing something related with the parents would have made it personal for Bunny....such a let down revelation.....

I agree entirely, it's like everything in the finale has turned into some cheap villain plot. u_u
Sep 3, 2011 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
Wanting heroes for next generation to be android?? WTF
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2011 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh, I really did not like this episode at all. The first eight minutes were downright painful to sit through, and the whole androids-replacing-NEXTs conflict did nothing for me along with the Fake Tiger reveal and the heroes' compassion speech. Like others said, it just seemed so cliched. I know T&B has been cliched and cheesy in the past, but something about its presentation made it fun to watch even with all that, and I just wasn't feeling it this episode.

The inconsistencies with Kotetsu & Barnaby's Hundred Powers are killing me too. I know this show's been kind of spotty about Kotetsu's dwindling powers lately (his good-luck mode activated at the same time as Barnaby's last episode, for example), but at least you could chalk that up to Tiger getting a better sense of timing since he came to terms with his power loss. Barnaby activating his Hundred Power against Kotetsu just minutes after his time was up (unless G-L mode has been modified to activate at some other time that is) is just plain lazy though, and it bugs me.

That's just me bitching, though. T&B's had a few off episodes before, and it's always bounced back, so maybe it'll improve again before the finale. And maybe Lunatic will come back and have more than a minute or two of screentime. ...At least there's probably a season 2 if not, right?

Wuppie said:
I just didn't catch what that android man is going to do with the other heroes? (something with copying their powers for future android use?)

Might be wrong, but aren't Maverick and the other guy just going to collect data from the fight to use for future reference? They can see how the H-01 model will fare against other NEXTs with the 100-power (it is supposed to replace heroes after all, and some criminals might have the same power) and modify it accordingly to make it more efficient.
Sep 3, 2011 9:45 PM
Jun 2008
tsubasalover said:
Robocop ^^
Sep 3, 2011 10:01 PM

Aug 2009
I knew it! I just knew the "Kotetsu calling Barnaby Bunny" would work. Despite being a cliche, I'm such a fangirl that I really liked it.

Overall, I liked the episode. Again. The battle scene in the opening was (in my opinion) good and made me hold my breath. The Fake Tiger being an android didn't surprise me, but for a second I was hoping it would be someone else. I guess it would have been too stupid to come up with somehing else this late.

And like few said before me, I would have seriously liked to see more of Lunatic. He just is right now doing nothing, and it would have been great if he had more to do in the plot. Maybe that's already too late, but it's such a shame.

Just quietly leave a memo in my heart.
Sep 3, 2011 11:25 PM

Feb 2011
Yikes... I'm putting this down to a 9 again. The ending is REALLY gonna have to impress me to bring it back up to a 10.

That said, it wasn't a bad episode, it's just that it's a bit late in the series to have one of those episodes that doesn't quite do it.
Sep 4, 2011 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Lol, didn't expect calling Barnaby 'Bunny' would break the spell. And heck yeah, he got bitchslapped again.
I'm upset that Lunatic seems so irrelevant now, but heck, I love this show anyway.
Sep 4, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was cliche again, but even then I enjoyed it immensely. Wasn't expecting calling him Bunny would break the spell. I was hoping for the slap or the pin to help him regain his memory. Oh well. :P Wonder how many idea's Maverick has? The other plan wasn't that fool proof and didn't take long for him to slap up this plan to get them to Justice Tower. I hope Lunatic comes, since come on two more eps left. I like to see his take on 'justice' on Maverick. :P

MorningGlory said:
tsubasalover said:
Robocop ^^

+1 I approve this, since it brings back memories. :D
Sep 4, 2011 1:10 AM

Nov 2007
Tiger losing his powers almost seems forgotten too..... maybe a point for season 2?
Sep 4, 2011 2:48 AM
Mar 2011
I wasn't impressed with the episode, I'd like how they pointed out when Kaede used her copied power Agnes wasn't in the viewing room but rather talking to Maverick at the time however Saito's new helmet was very funny!

I would have liked to have seen the other heroes fight H-01 at least then we could have a better idea how it beat them after all the android's builder undoubtedly designed it to not be taken out by Sky High's power and we saw Fire Emblem's power tested on Tiger new power suit so that would explain its immunity to those but Blue Rose's cold and Kid Dragon's electrical powers?

One of them should have tried to escape with Kaede to keep her safe and I could see Origami swapping places with her not thinking they would be caught together.

No but I wonder how Maverick is going to deal with the fact Kaede has one of the Heroes powers and thanks to the fact he might not have seen it could easily be Blue Rose's unless he figured since he sent the android to pick her up she wouldn't have any copied powers?
Sep 4, 2011 3:42 AM
Jul 2011
I too like everyone here understand this episode was Cliché however I don't particuarly think that is bad, many series use clichés and it's not down to bad writing, in fact things became cliché because they were used commonly because they were good.

The scientist guy actually made quite an interesting psychological game, and I believe the 'friendship' speech prior to him revealing it was all to get the feel right, as in now these friends are going to start getting paranoid, because they don't know who will flip the switch, personally I believe that once the switch is flipped all will detonate even the person who flipped it, kind of like a game to get them to kill themselves, by cutting off all contact with the others they are left to their own thoughts which will eventually lead to them all wanting to flip the switch in desperation.

The whole switching Heroes with Robots is wierd if you think of it like a normal person, but this guy is scientist and hates Next, so what better than to use his own creations, of course he'd think it's the best thing out there.

Kaede being captured is probably to be used as an emotional crutch, for example by having Kaede in that form of captivation, being easier to get to means Tiger will rush more, which will lead to mistakes which will make him get defeated easier.

However the fact that Kaede is under guard makes me think that she will attack the guard with Blue Roses power to immobolise them and run away.

I think that Maverik's failure in his plan is actually correct in some cases, he had to make it up on the fly so the fact that there are many holes makes sense.

I think Lunatic will show for sure, probably attacking Maverik, but then in the final episode the heroes save Maverik, because killing criminals isn't the way to go, and then capture Maverik alive and at the same time defeat Lunatic.

Excited for the next episode :D

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 4, 2011 4:18 AM
Oct 2010
The episode finished at its climax... Maaaaan!
Sep 4, 2011 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
dang i want Lunatic to do some plot twist next episode
Sep 4, 2011 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
probably the worst episode of the series.. .. .. which isn't really that bad considering how everything before delivered.. sure, i don't find anything ridiculous or any alleged plothole that couldn't be explained but all this episode did was to showcase all the cliche ways to get to the ending of the story.. i hope it will bring out something spectacular to the table again on the final two episodes..
Sep 4, 2011 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
Damn, s**t gets real!
Sep 4, 2011 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
Ooo I want to know more and more
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 4, 2011 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
I wonder if they were trying to get a message across when they use the androids as the "final obstacles" for the heroes. I mean the androids themselves aren't evil, only its creators. And its without a doubt if one android can knock out over half the heroes then they are superior.
Sep 4, 2011 9:10 AM

Jan 2011
"bunny" is the keyword^^

robot vs Next, winner will be the hero
Sep 4, 2011 10:18 AM
Apr 2011
Well, i really like when Kotetsu said "Where the times we spent together that easy to forget?", although thats words are cliche too ;_;
And the episode was ok, i like the game with the heros, its like Saw's games (? And i hope their friendship wins against paranoid.
And i think Maveric is planning to use Kaede like he used Bunny, he said that he have to find another person instead of Barnaby, and Kaede could be very powerful if she copy a god power D:

Well, waiting for the last 2 chapters ._.
Sep 4, 2011 12:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol at people only realizing this series was cliched after 22 episodes and start complaining about it <_< I think it's pretty evident this series is cliched since the beginning.

People like it because it's entertaining (minus the few facepalm moments).

Most predictions that viewers have made so far became true because it's just so damn obvious lol (Maverick's power, android Heroes, Buny regaining memories, etc). I don't think it was the intent for the creator to hide all this anyway.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 4, 2011 2:26 PM

May 2008
They totally screwed this show up. Thank God I'm a sucker for fanservice (or don't thank him it's really not cool lol) or I would've dropped this one when they came up with the memory loss.
Sep 4, 2011 3:29 PM

Apr 2011
Wasn't impress w/ this episode, how very cliche way of solving things.

Hurry Dragon Kid, turn off the switch, save yourself! :)
Sep 4, 2011 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Lol @ Bunny making him remember his memory XD That android thing / guy is pretty creepy lol O_O
Didn't really like the fight at the beginning but it had to be done. Saito talking is awesome. The whole "friendship" speech and then the bomb collar is to be expected but still, I don't think anyone would press it (although, if that happened to me I'd be paranoid as heck lol)
Derp, wish next week would come already ... or at least the episode :P
Sep 4, 2011 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
wakka9ca said:
Lol at people only realizing this series was cliched after 22 episodes and start complaining about it <_< I think it's pretty evident this series is cliched since the beginning.

People like it because it's entertaining (minus the few facepalm moments).

Most predictions that viewers have made so far became true because it's just so damn obvious lol (Maverick's power, android Heroes, Buny regaining memories, etc). I don't think it was the intent for the creator to hide all this anyway.

I agree with this. The show IS NOT supposed to be "OMFG DEATH NOTE THOUGHT PROVOKING HIDDEN MEANINGS ULTRA PLOT TWIST MIND FUCK" it's supposed to be good guy vs bad guy with a few twist if we are lucky just like American super hero shows which are mostly cliche.

Origami Cyclone : "....haters gonna hate..."
VioLinkSep 4, 2011 5:56 PM
[center]
Sep 4, 2011 6:47 PM

May 2010
So it all takes with only just one word "Bunny-chan"
Sep 4, 2011 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
I'm a little disappointed that they are facing a plain vanilla killer robot (android) without a face--I think an opportunity for some creativity was missed there. And where is Lunatic? He appeared once to save Tiger, is he going to come back?

Interesting variation on the prisoners' dilemma with the exploding neck bombs. We're going to find out just how heroic the heroes actually are....

It's going to be a long week.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 5, 2011 2:25 AM
Dec 2007
Great set-up and climax-building episode. T&G is still extremely entertaining and you could add the great animation/lighting too in the past few episodes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 5, 2011 3:32 AM

Dec 2010
Cliche episode indeed. That android guy couldve just killed the other Heroes but he gave them a chance to beat him which will always result to the villain being defeated.

I want Lunatic to appear next week. :<
Sep 5, 2011 5:08 AM

Aug 2011
nice, action packed ep, dissapointed at tigers revelation, but still, can't wait for the next ep!!
Sep 5, 2011 9:14 AM

Jun 2008
Nothing says western superhero cliffhanger than this. Great job team. You learned from the best and Marvel and DC. *thumbs up*
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 5, 2011 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Liked this episode, it's almost a shame there are still 2 eps left couse i wanna see maverick burn, and rather now then later!

Oh and to all the people complaining bout the cyborg guy not making it personal for bunny: you guys even watching the same show? His parents worked on the cyborgs with the sole intention of putting them to GOOD use, and now this guy and maverick are taking their work and using it for something evil right in front of his eyes, how can you not call that personal?
Sep 5, 2011 2:30 PM
Sep 2011
@rodac:

I'm a little disappointed that they are facing a plain vanilla killer robot (android) without a face--I think an opportunity for some creativity was missed there.
--

I agree, actually. It would have been cooler if the android had a face that would cause them some emotional angst to have to fight against. Although there are great choices to mess with them individually, I supposed to keep it as a generic difficulty for everyone Maverick/Rotwang would have had to go with someone like Legend I think. He was someone who meant so much to so many of the Heroes. Even though they know it's not the person, if the android was advanced enough to be able to show what looks like human emotions of pain or fear, it could have been cool.

Actually, what would have been even cooler is an android with some sort of screen on its face that allows it to affect the looks of different people at crucial times. Then as Barnaby's going in for a kick it could turn into his mother, and he could falter, and when Kotetsu goes in then it's Tomoe. That sort of thing. It could have forced them to be a really good team, moving in when the other is emotionally compromised, or forcing them to get over the demons of their pasts.

But alas. A faceless android. Too bad.

--
Also, regarding the android thing being personal-- I have to agree with terramore. But along with that, I guess I wonder why everyone's so worried about it being personal to Barnaby in the first place.

It seems to me that Maverick's sole goal in life isn't to mess with Barnaby's head. Yeah, he changed his memories and messed with him that way, but that was self-interest. He wanted to create a Hero that he could control that would let him manipulate the masses and make Hero TV even more popular. I don't think he ever actually cared about Barnaby himself or what he felt-- Barnaby just happened to be the perfect tool to use as an experiment.

That's why, now that Barnaby's regained his memories and is firmly on the other side, he has no compunctions with tossing him aside.

So for that reason, I don't see why he'd bother to go out of his way to make something super tormenting for Barnaby. His goal isn't to make Barnaby break down and cry. It's basically to take over the world and make a lot of money and gain a lot of power. He's already more or less in control of the city, as evidenced by that episode with the Mayor.

The fact that Barnaby is the child of people who had been his friends is sort of incidental, I think, which is actually what almost makes things worse. He's not some villain whose life goal is to make Barnaby break down-- he's more callous and uncaring than that. So all the pain and loss and betrayals Barnaby's been through in his life is even more like collateral damage than anything.

I think Maverick is just a dude who's amassed a lot of power, sees people as pawns on a chessboard, and is at the point where he's considering upgrading the pieces from wood to metal.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
nobodysquaredSep 5, 2011 2:48 PM
Sep 5, 2011 10:42 PM
Jun 2011
Needs more on Tiger losing his powers(touched on lightly here with him almost getting killed by bunny).

Love what they did to the other heroes, lots of drama and all that, and I think he's keeping Kaeda alive so he can do the same thing he did to Barnaby to her.

Android predictors were finally right :O

Also: Where's Lunatic at???
Sep 6, 2011 7:26 AM

Jan 2009

Anyone? =)
Sep 6, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode! Cried with Tiger and I rarely cry with nor for males. So big ass surprise to myself. As the man in the suit. Well he is as follows,

dum dum please applaud me for being right that the suit was a robot. Also please applaud yourselves for being right. We are the champions right now! We shall keep fighting to have our speculations right! For we are the champions! Well you get it. We are dead on with the android theory!

The other thing that blew me off was the following,

oh WTF Barnaby, you got Tiger's good luck shit but yours is still OK? O_o How is that so really? I though both were supposed to be hard to break. Well that was one heck of a fight. More later.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
Blue Rose as usual comes out nice!
Yumekichi11Sep 7, 2011 1:27 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 6, 2011 6:47 PM

Sep 2011
im not gonna lie, this show is kinda disappointing me now, its started to get way to predictable, dotn egt me wrong its still awesome but it isnt that show i eagerly awaited each week for, oh well theres only 2 episodes left so lets hope it picks up,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2011 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
2 more episodes to go.
Sep 8, 2011 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
DivineTrinity said:
This episode was cliche again, but even then I enjoyed it immensely. Wasn't expecting calling him Bunny would break the spell. I was hoping for the slap or the pin to help him regain his memory. Oh well. :P Wonder how many idea's Maverick has? The other plan wasn't that fool proof and didn't take long for him to slap up this plan to get them to Justice Tower. I hope Lunatic comes, since come on two more eps left. I like to see his take on 'justice' on Maverick. :P

MorningGlory said:
tsubasalover said:
Robocop ^^

+1 I approve this, since it brings back memories. :D

LOL Robocop, if we're talking about him, I should say it's not a bad idea.
Sep 9, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
also there really is no tension with the whole bomb thing with the side heroes, its not gonna happen, i know its sunrise and all but still,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe just calling Barnaby, "Bunny", would break the spell. >_>
I was expecting more of that Christmas tree pin to do something, but that needn't happen.

Creativel mind tricks on the hero for the bomb straps to their neck. I'm seeing that the hero duo are likely to get their asses kicked in the next ep until something special happens that turns it all around...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.