Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
No surprise Illuminati still remains a major threat after the previous arc.

Looks like it's back to the basics of this show with school and exams. Rin and his friends have their hands full. Also, looks like their school got a new instructor. Lewin Light aka Lightning is kind of an interesting character. Bon had conflicting thoughts about the recent events but I love how they captured a lot of his personality in ths episode. Hope he can move on from this even if what happened the last arc affected him. I also look forward to seeing more of that Lightning guy.

May 2020
Yeah, whatever whatever that last season was, to the surprise of many, it wasn’t the LAST, and neither will be this one, as I mean a part 2 or whatever the hell is immediately coming out next year. Moreover, what a way to start this new season, focussing upon the worst character around… Yukio. Who cares if he’s feeling down and not feeling himself? Dude’s just a jealous little girl, will get better when he feels like it. By the way, we get it that the exorcist exams are around, and they wanted to introduce or more like re-introduce a cool character, but yeah, that wasn’t it.

Just go DO STUDY, AND NOT CHORES. Anyway, in the end, good for Ryuuji I guess, he was able to become the disciple of this one guy. Hope they could make some sense out of the things in this cour at least, though I’m not even expecting that much.

Dec 2021
Just a two season break, and we're back. actually glad. While I didn't think it was the best season ever, it was still rather enjoyable, the last one anyways. Story seemed to have been picking up near the end as well. Just hope that this time around they actually follow the manga well unlike last time.

Anyways, jumping right into it, with these roundtable people again, and they're as intimidating as always. Do hope we get to see them in action this time around. Meanwhile, we got Yukio turning into Sasuke over here, and as always we have a communication problem, because when is there NOT a communication problem in this anime.

Meanwhile, we got Mr. Lightning over here fucking some shit up with him "omitting" those spirits or whatever and then becoming a teacher.... in replacement of Shura, they do act the same, I'll give em that. Speaking of Shura, hoping this arc has more to do with her, I mean, looking at the OP, it's looking like it will. Back to Mr. Lightning though, find it funny how Bon got himself a little mentor out of him.

And by the looks of it, while not the best of the best, he's doing well so far as a mentor. Just needs to get rid of them fake ass guns lmao. Poor Rin the entire second half of the episode though. Bro was stuck in that box from almost all of it xD

OP sounds and looks good, and ED sounds good. Fine return.

Oct 5, 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
I love when they're just focus on normal (demonic) school life like this. Yes, that'd make this very similar to Iruma-kun but I love that anime too.
Oct 5, 1:29 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good start for this new arc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 5, 1:34 PM
Apr 2023
I didn’t even know a new season would come out so soon
Blake-18Oct 5, 1:37 PM
Oct 5, 1:51 PM
Sep 2023
wait..... this is a season of an anime started long ago!? oh hell nah thought it was new
Oct 5, 2:38 PM

Jan 2022
Man this series fell off hard... I honestly dont understand nothing going on and the show comes off as dated with the pacing, character design and even dialougue. All so convoluted and bad. ( Imma still watch tho hopefully a good ed song will save the series.)
MariklynOct 5, 3:08 PM
Oct 5, 2:49 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to Mariklyn
Man this series fell off hard... I honestly dont understand nothing going on and the show comes off as dated with the pacing, character design and even dialougue. All so convoluted and bad. ( Imma still watch tho hopefully a good ed song will save the series.)
@Mariklyn it's been publishing for 14 years now and this arc came out around the 2010s
Give the manga a shot
Oct 5, 3:12 PM

Jan 2022
SoulReaper85 said:
@Mariklyn it's been publishing for 14 years now and this arc came out around the 2010s
Give the manga a shot

I doubt the manga is completed yet if it was I probably would skim through. Though my bad if my take came off as negative. This show always dumps hell of info and expects the audience to understand everything.
Oct 5, 4:25 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to Softhenic03
Yeah, whatever whatever that last season was, to the surprise of many, it wasn’t the LAST, and neither will be this one, as I mean a part 2 or whatever the hell is immediately coming out next year. Moreover, what a way to start this new season, focussing upon the worst character around… Yukio. Who cares if he’s feeling down and not feeling himself? Dude’s just a jealous little girl, will get better when he feels like it. By the way, we get it that the exorcist exams are around, and they wanted to introduce or more like re-introduce a cool character, but yeah, that wasn’t it.

Just go DO STUDY, AND NOT CHORES. Anyway, in the end, good for Ryuuji I guess, he was able to become the disciple of this one guy. Hope they could make some sense out of the things in this cour at least, though I’m not even expecting that much.
@Softhenic03

Oh boy you will hate this season, this is basically the Yukio-angst arc that also sorta slips into the arc where they will face Lucifer and co again.

I absolutely hated it in the manga too.

The Lightning parts are at least funny so that will ease the pain a bit...
Oct 5, 6:04 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to MomoSinX
@Softhenic03

Oh boy you will hate this season, this is basically the Yukio-angst arc that also sorta slips into the arc where they will face Lucifer and co again.

@MomoSinX Well, at least we have one of our favorite characters in the Series in this Arc. He was almost absent last Season, plus we had one of the WORST villains I've seen ( in character design & dialouge) in a long, long time.
Oct 5, 7:51 PM
Dec 2013
The 4th season of Blue Exorcist is here, and we didn't need to wait 5-7 years for it! It's a miracle!
Oct 5, 8:50 PM

Feb 2016
I hope this season really goes hard on Yukio, I've always liked him way more than the uninteresting shit ass Rin
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 5, 9:12 PM
May 2021
Nice🥰 finally it’s out..Light kinda cool..poor Rin trapped in that monster box😂 Erwin & Levi fighting in the beginning🤣 Yukio jealous of Rin & Rin jealous of Yukio shown in the opening..maybe it’s the twin things?🤔 not use to the opening yet😐
Oct 5, 11:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The kids have a new teacher!!
Extrange character but powerfull!!!
kekeke
Oct 5, 11:14 PM
Dec 2022
Mariklyn said:

Actually, no. The anime mixed up a lot of things and I bet the confusion is coming from the first season. Check out the manga. This arc and the next one (Blue Night Saga) are freakin' good. Nigh peak if you ask me. If you don't understand anything, it's best to read the manga from the beginning.

Oh, FYI, this arc is gonna piss off a lot of people since it's about Yukio.
Oct 6, 5:43 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty interesting so far. I hope this will be a great season!
Oct 6, 8:06 AM

Dec 2018
Quite okay first episode, Lighting is a powerful character but he's so stinky and lazy.
The OP song... First time hearing it, looks like it's not my thing... At least, glad Uverworld sing for the prequel of this on the same year.
ED song sound good, but can't really hear them clearly since they playing the song while the characters talks.
By looking at the main poster, looks like Shura become important character in this season...

Oct 6, 8:37 AM
Mar 2015
Another seasona with the sons of Satan
Oct 6, 9:03 AM

Oct 2017
Kind of a light hearted comedy episode to start the season with and Suguru was playing exorcist karuta too. Lightning is sus but I doubt he'll be bad. Things will get going fast.
Oct 6, 7:12 PM

Mar 2019
I laughed at that haha. :'3

Oct 7, 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to MomoSinX
@Softhenic03

@MomoSinX

Yukio for real is a shitty character.
Oct 7, 8:42 AM
Jul 2013
From not having seasons of Ao no Exorcist for 7 years, to having two in the same year, and one more is on the way, what a blessing. 🙏🏼

And we start this season, with Lewin Light as instructor for Rin and company, interesting.
Oct 8, 5:46 AM
Jun 2007
Lets go!
New teacher, Lightning is here!
Oct 8, 7:53 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to Mariklyn
SoulReaper85 said:
Give the manga a shot

I doubt the manga is completed yet if it was I probably would skim through. Though my bad if my take came off as negative. This show always dumps hell of info and expects the audience to understand everything.
@Mariklyn It Info dumps on stuff that happened in previous story arcs so yeah you're expected to have the story remembered despite the breaks
Manga is on the final arc but the Mangaka taking breaks
Oct 11, 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty underwhelming first episode tbh, not really much happened.
Oct 11, 8:49 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Yukio stop hiding!

Cool that Suguru is going to be under Lightning’s wing.
Oct 12, 8:43 AM
Dec 2023
As a huge Blue Exorcist fan, it's shameful that I haven't made a single comment about this 1st episode. So, before watching tonight's episode, I thought I'd give you a bit of my opinion.

First of all, it's a great pleasure to see this series rise even a little from the ashes by offering us a sequel in less than a year. I must also thank Voln who, without offering us animation on the level of Dandadan, has managed to improve on several points, notably on the shots and staging, which are much better than those of the previous season. The music and voice acting remain at the same level. These 2 elements are the anime's strong points, which we can always count on.
As far as the opening is concerned, I have to admit that I didn't like it at first sight. The passage integrated into the trailer clearly didn't do justice to this magnificent little opening.

Finally, as far as the storyline is concerned, Voln has stuck much closer to the original material and avoided deleting key moments in the story, which was the major flaw of season 3, for me. Here, the manga's narrative is respected and, judging by the teaser for episode 2, the 16th volume will be fully adapted in just 2 episodes.

I'll conclude by telling those who are still a little hesitant to hang on, as the full potential of this sumptuous manga is now being demonstrated. What follows will leave its mark, I'm sure.
Oct 12, 9:20 PM
Mar 2018
We are so back 😳
Oct 13, 2:11 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
And we’re so back 🙌🙌🙌

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Yuki no Hate-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12

25 by Vindicater »»
9 hours ago

» Aniplex fumbled this so hard

Ronninn - Yesterday

10 by loveunique »»
12 hours ago

» Will this be manga canon?

Bolillo99 - Oct 4

8 by EliaSan »»
Oct 12, 4:36 PM

» Blue Exorcist

Aokiji_98 - Oct 11

3 by Pieromysl »»
Oct 12, 3:08 AM

» New teaser and two consecutive cours

Dbagas8 - Jul 5

4 by RedJeanne »»
Sep 27, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.