Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2020 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Leomon vs Megadramon....interesting.

I thought this episode is pretty dramatic especially the part where Takeru tried to reach out to his brother. They have such a strong bond in this show. So glad to see the brothers reunite.

Hello Angemon :D
Oct 17, 2020 8:12 PM

Apr 2014
Man. This episode takes me back on the original series. Dang so much references.
Oct 17, 2020 8:14 PM

Oct 2015
lol frontier and xros wars digimon
theyre legit just bringing it all

leomon still not dead
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Oct 17, 2020 8:15 PM

Feb 2019
Lots of callbacks to OG Digimon today. Really good episode getting introduced to TK angemon. So we know that was the holy Digimon, looking forward to seeing how he plays into everything.
Oct 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

leomon still not dead

YET give it time he didn't die in tamers till near the end of the series.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 17, 2020 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, I'm having series 4 flashbacks with that Digimon. God I miss Duskmon.
Oct 17, 2020 8:23 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Some hints at Sora & Izzy's home life. Not sure how the Digimon are communicating from the network. I like how Digitama were introduced
Oct 17, 2020 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
so this digitama stuff means digimons are just reincarnated or reborn again when they die eh
Oct 17, 2020 11:40 PM

Oct 2017
So by Holy digimon they meant Angemon huh and wow he turned back into a digi-egg, that sure takes me back. I still remember I was so salty when Agumon turned back into an egg in the OG. As a kid that frustrated me a lot but when he evolved back again that brought me a lot of joy haha.

Well so Devimon's plan was too take the digi egg huh, that was a smart move.
Oct 17, 2020 11:56 PM
Feb 2020
So we've rescued Takeru (annoyed that he was dubbed saying Yamato when he was clearly saying onii-chan)
Joe's probably returned to studying, are he Sora, Koshiro and Mimi going to sit out while the others fight Devimon?
Oct 17, 2020 11:57 PM

Aug 2018
skull /Dark Knightmon is one of my favorite Digimon antagonists. I'm not ready to see a mindless, cheap version of him
Oct 18, 2020 1:49 AM

Jul 2013
Just like how Leomon has to die, Patamon has to be reincarnated :p
Oct 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Dec 2014
wow takeru introduced like that
Oct 18, 2020 3:46 AM

Feb 2013
Too bad Angemon became an egg now, he could finish things fast if that didn't happen.
Oct 18, 2020 4:19 AM

Sep 2009
deg said:
so this digitama stuff means digimons are just reincarnated or reborn again when they die eh

That's usually how it goes. Only series where their data is completely dispersed and they die off for good is Tamers.
Oct 18, 2020 5:00 AM

Oct 2016
I don't like, the assumption that Angemon was the Holy Digimon they were referencing to the whole time.
I hope this is just some kind of misconception and the Holy Digimon mentioned at the beginning are actually a group of guardians as implied.
Oct 18, 2020 5:29 AM

Mar 2015
if they show Wargreymon in the next episode i'll drop this shitty reboot
Oct 18, 2020 5:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn Angemon at the end was the most interesting thing of the episode
Oct 18, 2020 5:49 AM

Jun 2014
Anyone else noticed how on Takeru's cap/hat it's written "TK" in a circle? :D
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Oct 18, 2020 6:27 AM

Mar 2018
While Angemon's debut is nowhere near as epic as the OG, it's not as bad as I expected. (I thought they'll make him a damsel in distress lol) I can also see they payed respect to him returning back to a Digi-Egg scene from the OG, albeit he didn't do much this time. And at least they didn't forget Sora and the others, altho it's confirmed that their screentime is even more limited now.

Salvageable episode... that's what I'd like to say at first but after watching the next episode preview, I shook my head again. Looks like Mega levels, seemingly WarGreymon first, is coming. When will this show take a rest from new evolution of the week with filler enemies and start focusing on crest meanings and such?

Oct 18, 2020 8:28 AM

Apr 2020
Angemon used flash bang! It's super effective!
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 18, 2020 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
The official artwork shows that Angemon's real face is very handsome
Oct 18, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
Ulquiorra said:
Too bad Angemon became an egg now, he could finish things fast if that didn't happen.

That's the thing, Angemon and to a lesser extent Angewomon are the ultimate deus ex machina so you gotta cripple them so there is a series to be had lol.

Akumaxd said:
Is this going to have the same op, the entire series?

Probably, Gegege no Kitarou had the same and Dragon Ball changed after 76 episodes.
Oct 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Sep 2019
He died... again...???? AGAIN....????? WHY...???? Overall I liked the fact that Takeru awakened and received his digivice and a digimon from a different season appeared.
Just a hunch.
Oct 18, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
phantomfandom said:
Can you give me a link please? I'm very interested. Also if you have a link to Angewomon's face.

Oct 18, 2020 6:23 PM
Sep 2015
SailorVeki said:
phantomfandom said:
Can you give me a link please? I'm very interested. Also if you have a link to Angewomon's face.

I only have Angemon's face
Oct 19, 2020 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
KanameYuuki said:
Ulquiorra said:

That's the thing, Angemon and to a lesser extent Angewomon are the ultimate deus ex machina so you gotta cripple them so there is a series to be had lol.

Not really, they can power up the enemies too, it would be a lot more interesting with some drama.
Oct 19, 2020 7:02 PM

May 2008
Take a shot every time a character says "Takeru"! Take 2 for a "Yamato".

Best bit: seeing Weregarurumon ride Metalgreymon's missile. They made it uncool by doing it a second time, but hey, I like how creative the fights are. Really starting to notice how the digimon are commanding the fights; Taichi and Yamato literally attributed nothing but energy, especially Taichi.

It seems like they're going to have Sora-tachi fight the mooks messing with the Network while the Yagami and Ishida siblings take care of the big guns. The group is probably going to re-join after they kill the squid, but how the writers are writing them does not bond well... (I do wonder what they're gonna do with Koushiro. Everyone else's family seems to be the same so far, so will his?)

Lastly, Angemon's death is so unmoving it's like it's a joke. The characters have literally never met him until now so why even kill him off in such a fashion? Best yet, Takeru even stops crying once the digimon explain "oh yeah he's reincarnated. he's fine." ...Which granted, is something I pointed out with the OG so... good job?

Meh ep overall.

Extra:
1) Devimon... wanted Angemon as an egg? Is this gonna become a corruption story?

2) Skullgreymon next week, maybe. That or Wargreymon. Placing a bet on the former, but watch it be the latter.

3) wen Hikari?

SailorVeki said:

I did!
Oct 20, 2020 1:37 PM

Jul 2017
Even more Ultimate Digimon comes to thwart Leomon, Taichi and Yamato, and this situation is outta hand, in retrosecptive of saving Takeru.

The OG will always be remembered for nostalgia, but this reboot isn't half-bad either. Velgumon being a hard opponent to defeat, but Angemon comes back to the rescue with Takeru being the 7th Chosen One. Really playing with the nostalgia feels for this one...at least the Digi-Egg Digitama part is fatihful so that's at least some nod.

Getting waning though...
Oct 20, 2020 4:45 PM

Apr 2011
I'm glad that Megadramon didn't off-screen murder Leomon, but it was the other way around, instead. I guess Leomon is very strong for a champion, I wonder if he's going to digivolve into an ultimate form, like GrapLeomon in the near future.

The part with Velgumon crushing Valvemon was very dark, felt bad for the guy. Velgumon definitely stronger than a regular ultimate, but weaker than a mega, because he casually out powers the children Digimon. I love Weregarurumon scene riding on a missile from Metalgreymon, to catch up to the captured TK. Angemon dramatic exit from his prisonment to awesome entrances before TK and severing Velgumon tracker beam (lol). It also make sense why Angemon holy light effected Velgumon, since he utilize the power of darkness, from AncientSphinxmon. Furthermore, it looks like Angemon is more like a support class, where he heals and boost up Weregarurumon/Metalgreymon attacks to the extreme, where it now is strong enough to take Velgumon down, unlike earlier in the episode.

I'm glad we got to see a glimpse of Sora mom and Izzy dodging the question, makes me more intrigue to find out. I hope this version does not have Izzy in a abusive home, with his real parents, or maybe its going to be rehash of him being adopted. We also got info on the other kids Digimon are in the network, between the real and digital world. Even in the network, there sighting of evil virus looking Digimon messing Data and things up in the net. My only gripe is that they didn't show the conversation between Hikari and them in the previous episode, it felt totally forgotten about.

Preview:
It looks like Splashmon makes an appearances and maybe mega evolution from Metalgreymon?
Oct 20, 2020 11:22 PM

Oct 2017
FINALLY this new Digimon reboot has some narrative progression.
This is what Digimon reboot should be like.
Took 20 episodes to have first story progression.

Didn't expect Angelmon to die as soon as he appeared XDD.
Oct 21, 2020 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Well that was... underwhelming.
I'm honestly more invested in the Tokyo storyline lmao.

First things first, it's great we finally got some story progression! Even tho it wasn't necessarily good, it happened at all and that's an improvement.
But everything else was so lackluster. While it was great to see Velgromon again after Frontier, it was such a dumb fight. They are establishing this enemy to be a big threat by letting it completely crush Valvemon, but when Taichi & Yamato attack it and jump onto its body, all it does is shoot some feathers that aren't even doing any damage? It could've just moved or flapped its wings and Metalgreymon would've been thrown around and Yamato probably would've fallen off.

Sakarii said:
Take a shot every time a character says "Takeru"! Take 2 for a "Yamato".

Lastly, Angemon's death is so unmoving it's like it's a joke. The characters have literally never met him until now so why even kill him off in such a fashion? Best yet, Takeru even stops crying once the digimon explain "oh yeah he's reincarnated. he's fine." ...Which granted, is something I pointed out with the OG so... good job?

Meh ep overall.

Couldn't agree more. Why did Takeru even start crying in the first place - he has literally 0 emotional connection to Angemon at this point.
What a mess :x
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 24, 2020 5:31 PM

Aug 2017
For a moment I thought that the angel was actually Holy Angemon (because of his wings), and, as expected, he died without saying a word. Are we going to see Wargreymon in the next episode? This series is going fast. I wonder what is comming after they defeat Apokarimon (if he appears in this iteration, that is).

SailorVeki said:

Yes, I noticed. Maybe it is a nod to us Spanish viewers, since Takeru in the original series was called TK Takaishi.
ZenielDanakuOct 24, 2020 5:34 PM
Oct 25, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
ZenielDanaku said:

SailorVeki said:

Yes, I noticed. Maybe it is a nod to us Spanish viewers, since Takeru in the original series was called TK Takaishi.

In the German version they also had those shortened names (Tai, Matt, Izzy, T.K., Kari).

Oct 25, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
Man the power levels are so out of wack in this series.

So we have the Angemon sacrifice....before beating Devimon now and the rest of the team is stuck on the sidelines....wow.
Oct 27, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
Poor Leomon. We all know what's in store for you. Maybe they won't kill you off this series...
Dec 26, 2020 7:51 AM

Apr 2020
Leomon's power has been strengthened. Moved by this! So this version Ogremon died for Leomon? lol.

Jan 18, 2021 6:46 AM

Jan 2021
Leomon lives to see another day. Could've sworn they were gonna kill him off sooner or later like they did in every Adventure instalment (ToT)

So the holy digimon was in fact Angemon and he appeared and died as expected just like in the original. Only this time it's actually underwhelming because it's literally his first appearance unlike in the original where we got to meet Patamon early. Which is why it confuses me why Takeru was crying over it when they never even met before.

It also seems like Angemon's gonna play an even bigger role than he did in the original with all these prophecies and the plot centering around trying to capture him. Devimon, just how fucking strong are you in this reboot.
Feb 9, 2022 1:24 PM

Feb 2020
Angemon was the Holy Digimon. Nice. Too bad he turned back into a Digi-Egg, but I guess it was to be expected. They'll meet him again one day.

SerafosYesterday, 7:28 AM
Sep 1, 2023 12:20 AM

Nov 2012
Angemon! and he turned into a egg too lmao
i'm such a sucker for the nostalgia bait lol, even tho the reboot has been disappointing overall, I enjoyed this ep.

I did think we'd see a hand of fate tho.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 10, 1:22 AM
Nov 2019
It was good to see Angemon. Also, why did I notice at episode 20 Mugendramon’s head during Greymon’s evolution to Metalgreymon…
Themeaningof4869Jun 10, 2:20 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.