Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was careless. How could she just let that heartstone let loose like that..

The episode was tense with the search of the stone. I found the little fantasy themes here and there to be quite intriguing though and again, there are some crazy moments. Really liked how that knight just went all out. Glad to see the stone in the right hands now though and it's interesting to see it grants supernatural powers. Also, a surprising little revelation about leader of the Dynamite Bombers. I wonder what else this show can throw at us~
Stark700Jan 31, 2015 10:41 AM
Jan 31, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
Well it was certainly poetic justice that she had to destroy her beloved purchase to stop the bomb. And in the end Chiaya and the girls have lost their original stone from this little quest. But at least they now know it is the stones that give the superhuman power, and Chiaya seems to be aware of her mother gathering them. Her mom on the other hand seems legitimately concerned for her daughter, that combined with Momiyama's actions makes me wonder if maybe there isn't some sinister scheme going on after all.

We seemed to get a hint that either Chiaya really did know them from childhood(which I coulda sworn was already established buy maybe I'm wrong I forget) or she somehow knew their childhood nicknames some other way...mind reading perhaps? Also, I wouldn't be surprised considering the opening is the girls performing as a band if that band they all talked about at the end became important later on.

Finally, watching the girls interact with one another remains enjoyable. :D
Jan 31, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2010
Yukina in that getup!

It was nice to see that everybody was safe and sound with another bomb incident. The captain accepting her faults and willing to apologize and take the consequences of her actions was pretty nice to see. Everyone working together for a common goal! Noriko wanting the captain to stay and really stayed true to her beliefs making her the best candidate to be the successor!

Chiaya giving her stone away, she really is quite interesting. I won't be surprised if she just read it off from her mother's computer. Quite the fun episode.
Jan 31, 2015 10:59 AM

Feb 2012
So the entire point of this arc was that old "I will be a villain so you can remain a hero, and once you find out, we reconcile with no consequences" trope (destroying the rickshaw does not count as a consequence)? Really? The main girls were barely even involved in the whole mess.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jan 31, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
I liked it. Art is very nice. Story is good, slow but good (I love 'slow' shows). This and last week episodes was much better than 1st and 2nd. 4/5
rsc-plJan 31, 2015 11:21 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 31, 2015 11:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can follow Yuri Kuma better than this. That is not good.
Jan 31, 2015 11:28 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well at least it was a nice ending. I didn't really like this little arc we had. But at least we got some information about these stones. There was some nice development for Chi at the end there.

I was kind of surprised they went for the montage thing at the end there. I figured the Mt. Fuji thing was going to be the next arc. I'm wondering where it's going to go from here.
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nice to see the captain realizing her mistake and apologizing to the girls. She was pretty badass at cutting the bomb in midair along her favorite character figurine too!

Always fun seeing Chiaya snatching the stone away from Ai. This time, she gave it away to Noriko so she can carry on her duty as the new captain. How very nice of her! (^^)
I wonder though, how does she know everyone's childhood nickname? O.o

The name of the band "Momiage Hammers" (Momi-Ham) almost sounds close to the secretary's name "Momiyama." A possible connection? Nah, probably not.

Decent episode. It seems like the girls will continue to work as substitute peace-brokers to earn the stones which also complies with Chiaya's request. Looking forward to their adventures!

Aug 2010
I wonder if the main girls will be getting stones and powers along the way?

Chiaya is best girl <3 So kawaii :3
Jan 31, 2015 12:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay, lightning bitch redeemed herself, well played miss....I like how everything ended, it was really sweet

Looking forward to the next adventure
Jan 31, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2013
I felt that the series lost their momentum since episode 2. I really like this show but I hope they go back to the over hype moments again next week.
Jan 31, 2015 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:

Chiaya is best girl <3 So kawaii :3

Nope,because Ai Hibiki.
Jan 31, 2015 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see the captain realizing her mistakes.
Jan 31, 2015 3:16 PM
Mar 2014
Smudy said:
It's not as much of a mess as it was in the first two episodes, so it might just be you.. I don't know, though. The plot is stupid anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Bombing the Twin Towers? Seriously? Also, that ending made this arc completely useless.. So I guess we're 4 episodes in with nothing of value.
Jan 31, 2015 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
Wonder how important or necessary the gas mask is

They made it seem as if the stones were with the girls they would have recovered from their injuries at a much faster pace. Does the mother collecting the stones have to do with any possible health issues Chiaya may have, possibly the reason for the gas mask. That's what Im thinking so far about this might be completely wrong.
Jan 31, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
This episode is rather tame, but I'm not sure it's because the sugar-rush is over or it's the result they want. You can see they are trying to get your emotional respone from the directing, but sadly the script is still a poorly designed frankenstein's monster of different unrelated ideas that failed to form a cohesive narrative and you need a mad scienist to properly animate this monster. Someone called Shinichi Watanabe, he knows exactly what to do.
Jan 31, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
aw all that and Chiaya gave it away in the end!,i hope she did that simply because she knows her mother is gathering them and not out of a act of kindness.

hopefully the next arc is better and has a little more crazy action
Jan 31, 2015 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
Decent episode. The arc is over and had a sweet ending with Chiaya giving her stone away. She´s the most interesting character in this show so far.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jan 31, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
Smudy said:

I lol'd.

Yuri Kuma is great but I know what you mean.

... I also kinda just don't care enough to follow. Giving it another episode then possibly dropping.
Jan 31, 2015 6:55 PM
Feb 2014
I wonder who Momiyama is... he seems to behind a lot of the events in this anime... they even implied he was a former member of a famous band at the end there.

I'm watching this for the eye candy and bcos it's light and somehow makes me feel good... Kinda lightens the soul a bit after watching something like Death Parade...

Nice to have a no-brainer anime sometimes.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 31, 2015 7:07 PM
Oct 2012
Duri1n said:
Nice to have a no-brainer anime sometimes.

I wouldn't call this a "no-brainer", but I agree with the sentiment. It is nice to have a show that isn't dominated by angst. This is a show that is trying to be fun, and it is nice to have a fun show to watch
Jan 31, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
I liked the ED. Can't wait to get a full album. This anime is fun so far.
I doubt we are gonna see Nozomi get stone and kick some ass, but I could be wrong.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 31, 2015 8:09 PM

Jun 2014
Its, fun, its bright, its colorful, who care about the plot. I'm loving this show, and it just might take Anime of the Season for me. BUT lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. There is still plenty more to go.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 1, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
also found it pretty how much Hibiki looks like Ryuko with her hair down but that must be a Coincidence :P
Feb 1, 2015 12:56 AM
Oct 2011
BlurredVision18 said:
I liked the ED. Can't wait to get a full album.

original song is "THE BLUE HEARTS - 脳天気"
every song so far is cover from THE BLUE HEARTS. also the first OP and ED are already released.
Feb 1, 2015 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
Another enjoyable episode, glad to see the plot is actually going somewhere.

I liked the interactions between the main heroines, can't believe Chiaya gave up the stone so easily.

Art style is a real eye candy and this anime feels really refreshing, not to mention the godly soundtrack. Definitely sticking with it, one of the best this season.

4.5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Feb 1, 2015 3:23 AM

Feb 2011
strong episode start with the bomb mixing with the other cleaning bots

lol capital punishment is becoming maids and butlers xD

ohh good, thunderroad had a change of heart (again xD) and got the other stone back (mostly thanks to the buying guy).......and she lost it right after it..............

lol the bomb changed image to a more fired up when it got under 5 minutes xD
:o and the bomb is just a message x'D "how many may get hurt" xD
or not? it actually has a bomb? those shady guys providing evil machinery..

the girls didn't have much influence in the events after all, they all sorted out by themselfes, but maybe it's too soon for them to have a weight in the regional matters

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 1, 2015 3:25 AM

Feb 2011
Flawfinder said:
So the entire point of this arc was that old "I will be a villain so you can remain a hero, and once you find out, we reconcile with no consequences" trope (destroying the rickshaw does not count as a consequence)? Really? The main girls were barely even involved in the whole mess.

it's likely too soon, they're not superheroes afterall

liddojunior said:
Wonder how important or necessary the gas mask is

They made it seem as if the stones were with the girls they would have recovered from their injuries at a much faster pace. Does the mother collecting the stones have to do with any possible health issues Chiaya may have, possibly the reason for the gas mask. That's what Im thinking so far about this might be completely wrong.
didn't think about that, that may be a possible reason
now wonder if the gas mask will come back to chiaya, cause it's important, or not
ZeandoFeb 1, 2015 3:34 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 1, 2015 6:32 AM

May 2013
Glad that the thief accusation of Chiaya and the others have been cleared. So we get a thorough look of the power up of Bests using the heart-shaped stone. Looks awesome.

I'll be looking forward for the rest of the journey.
Feb 1, 2015 7:08 AM

May 2009
Poor Favaro
Feb 1, 2015 7:24 AM

Oct 2014
Another fun episode. It was fun and intense at the same time !
When the Best got the stone while after the cleaner, it was pretty epic, but RIP Afro-san.
...Go Chiaya!!

Feb 1, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2012
Goddamn that ending track. Catchy as fuck.
Feb 1, 2015 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
I really like this anime.

It's somewhat peacefully and funny to watch and the characters are nice as well.
The setting is a bit strange but that's what makes it nice.
Feb 1, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2014
vodall said:
Smudy said:
It's not as much of a mess as it was in the first two episodes, so it might just be you.. I don't know, though. The plot is stupid anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Bombing the Twin Towers? Seriously? Also, that ending made this arc completely useless.. So I guess we're 4 episodes in with nothing of value.

Define value. If the humor of the show strikes you it's value enough. If not than it's certainly not. I personally think this episode was the weakest of them all.

What I personally don't understand is why this series is rated so "low" compared to usual MAL standards. I mean there are far worse animes out there with an average score of 7,8+. It certainly isn't great but it's good in it's own right and certainly doesn't deserve the "hate" it seems to get.
Feb 1, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
I just love the animation and the characters :3
But it's a pity that they don't show Ma-chan anymore.

Feb 1, 2015 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
Ai-chan with long hair is hawt!

The explosion was really pretty (just like the rainbow puke from ep1). I guess this is what happens when you take Kill la Kill and make it just for fun.

There are many possibilities as to why the mother wants to collect all the stones but at least she doesn't seem evil. I'm leaning more towards the possibility that Chihaya is sick with an incurable disease (which is why she was so worried) or was wounded due to the war in the past and the stones are meant to restore her vitality.
Feb 1, 2015 6:52 PM

Aug 2013
Soo..basically this episode made the previous episode entirely pointless.

Oh, well we want to go hunt stones. Ok, let spend 2 episodes in this town getting our stone back, only to give it away. Even after we learn they give superpowers.

They also made that blue haired elf girl seem like she was going to be more important, since she got dicked over by the knight girl and the one fake bomber guy liked her or something. Guess she didn't matter at all.

Starting to lose interest. 4 episodes and now we're back to square one. The mystery behind why the mom is collecting the stones is interesting, but when you only get a teeny tiny bit of that, coupled with hardly any action scenes anymore, it gets boring very fast.

Hopefully the show picks up the pace a bit soon.
Feb 1, 2015 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
This is just fun.
Feb 1, 2015 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
This series is going nowhere but boring
"Burn the heretics"
Feb 2, 2015 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really enjoying this.
It's not that hard to understand what's going on...

Anyway, so Chi's mother is collecting the stones, I wonder what for (inb4 evil army).
Tho, it was nice to see her giving away the precious stone that she had to someone who would need it and use it for good.
Feb 2, 2015 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
without a doubt the most unexpected show for me, but I simply love it.
What I still dont get is, where are they driving to? Ofcourse Roadtrips are cool, but it seems they have a bigger mission I dont understand, seriously, where are they going?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 2, 2015 4:47 AM

Sep 2014
Comander-07 said:
without a doubt the most unexpected show for me, but I simply love it.
What I still dont get is, where are they driving to? Ofcourse Roadtrips are cool, but it seems they have a bigger mission I dont understand, seriously, where are they going?

As far as I understood they follow the missions that have been ma-chan's missions before she went to the hospital.
Feb 2, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
i really liked that ost in the middle there
Feb 2, 2015 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
This was kind of boring, I don't think I'm continuing this anime.
Feb 2, 2015 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
I see the overarching plotline here, so I won't say that I have no idea what the hell's going on with this show. But this arc seems completely pointless aside from the little hint drops; it felt a lot like a 2-episode filler, which doesn't tickle my fancy. I don't really get all of the humor either.
I'm not feeling this show very much. Four episodes and not much has developed; they haven't even really dropped hints as to WHY Chi's mother is looking for the stones, nor what larger purpose they might serve. The stones really just seem to be there as plot device. The plot overall is really taking a backseat, which normally I'm fine with, but I expected more hinting over four episodes. If this is a standard 12-episode show, they need to start picking it up a little.
On the plus side, the backgrounds are very vibrant, though the character designs feel rather standard and I would like to see more character development if they're going for the whole "character interaction with backseat plot" deal.

I intend to stay with the show, but it's not really keeping my attention. Perhaps the comparisons with Kill la Kill have spoiled it a little, since Rolling Girls doesn't really exude the over-the-top insanity that KlK did, except for battle scenes. But we haven't even really seen much of that either.
Feb 2, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
I love it.
Feb 2, 2015 4:28 PM

Jun 2013
That was great!
Best episode yet! ^^
Feb 2, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
Girls on the road, Rolling Girls. Yep seems about right.

Not to sound like an action drone, but I feel kind of baited.
They really didn't have to make episode 1&2 mad hype with all that action only to turn it into a road trip slice of life.

people would have still loved it just for it's colorgasmic designs. I sure did.
Whatever happens though I sticking with it till the end.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 2, 2015 6:50 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, I forgive bitch girl a little bit for those awesome movements at the end.

Chiaya is such a cutie :3
Giving that stone at the end, that was so nice of her. I've read some crazy speculations on the story too, it could get interesting... and depressing.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 2, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2011
So the last two episodes were pointless. They could have easily been substituted/improved with an explanation from Chiaya's mom rather than that... mess.

What was with the ending? I hope they're not just skipping to some random point down the road. -.-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.