3It was OK
8.3%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
2.5%
Average 4.4
241 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2015 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think BDs will probably be less tame on some scenes especially at some of the opening scenes of the episode. Otherwise, some other parts felt awkward.

Animation quality remains top notch though while the show is fleshing out more of its fantasy side like with the cyclop-like monster. Lovely. I also just love the style of this series in its setting. Really great use of OST and Maria's role in this got so much more interesting. Decent ED song also.
Jan 18, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2010
Another really enjoyable episode with Maria making an incubus from her innocence xD and for that use too lol, the guy knows what he wants!

The village she is in getting attack by mercenaries. It was nice that the villagers didn't shed any blood out of hatred or anything.

All the wars and crimes being part of the natural order :/ Maria being a disturbance as she stops the ones only around her area. Joseph shooting at Michael and with Michael wanting to take Maria's power.

The familiars are pretty enjoyable and with still one more to come!
Jan 18, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
Maria has drawn the attention of the gods/angels and they are not happy with her work. This was another solid episode and I will definitely be watching the entire series.
Jan 18, 2015 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Maria making an incubus.

Good to see the villagers are not hurt by the mercenaries.

Maria is no match for Michael.
Jan 18, 2015 8:01 AM

Sep 2014
This anime is soooo polemic!!! I love this!! I'll watch all serie.
The text above may contain errors.
Jan 18, 2015 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
A really fun episode this week... lmao Artemis can't appease everyone it seems...

Why do the subordinate have to take on the form of a snowy owl? Like its not even winter... snowy owl are cute by why so specific?

Random side note: I'd love to see a Great Horned Owl or Burrowing Owl... some nice diversity.

Secondary side note: homosexuality was condemned in France until 1791... although its rampant in this timeline akin to the early greeks lol.
D3pthChargeJan 18, 2015 8:18 AM
Jan 18, 2015 8:08 AM
Jan 2015
I don't get it why this has ecchi tag, sure we have some sexual theme but it somehow remains at curiosity and innocence without that BOING factor, accidentally grabbed breast, UNNNH BGM while zoomed and then slow pan.

Usually I'm not bothered with this kinda of things but i see lot of misconceptions in comments and this show being judged on that certain tag. I mean if Cross Ange doesn't have one why should this.

Aug 2010
Dat Artemis! Her skills must be godly to make that commander saying he doesn't give a shit about anything else other than her XD Well she's skilled with the exception of gays lol

Lol'd at Maria not being able to visualize the D for her Incubus XD Poor him though being made for homos lol

Artemis pushing Maria in too so they can have a threesome hitting 2 birds with 1 stone was hilarious XD

Damn shit got real at the end. Maria getting owned by Michael like that. Didn't expect Joseph to shoot at Michael :O I wonder what'll happen to him?

Well Nxt ep seems nice. Quite the VAs I'm hearing for the new characters :3

OP was pretty nice and so was ED.

Apr 2013
another great episode.

really like where this is going. animation and overal quality in general remains high
Jan 18, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
dat opening scene lol
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 18, 2015 8:23 AM

Sep 2007
Oh Joseph. Great guts you showed there... dangit I want to know Michael's reaction so badly though
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 18, 2015 8:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This anime is too funny looooool, the beginning scene was too hot I'm not gonna lie.

I'm in love with the Succubus, I want her to visit me too, I'll even cry like a bitch if I have to xD

This show is going to be a lot of fun and I like how it can balance the comedy and serious moments so well
Jan 18, 2015 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, second episode and already straight to the point, but also felt like the episode was rushed.
Even so it was a good episode. One of my favorite anime this season.
Jan 18, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2013
Joseph just shot an angel. I think this will not turn out good.
Jan 18, 2015 9:13 AM

Dec 2013

rofl

That Artemis hnnng
Good ED song.
Jan 18, 2015 9:22 AM

May 2009
Jan 18, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
The whole succubus thing was a bit disturbing lol
And the part with the two men XD

Jan 18, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Joseph, no. You are going to get rekt
Jan 18, 2015 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
dam, really love Maria's character but the idea of stopping wars doesn't seem too fresh; predictable so far.

6/10
Jan 18, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
Oh boy. The archangels are getting involved. Saying pretty much what everyone already thinks about religion.
It sucks, so abandon it.
He does bring up good points about Maria's selfishness though.

The show is good... but it feels like something is missing. It feels...awkward.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 18, 2015 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
Artemis is quite the workaholic isn't she? That fat king probably enjoyed every moment of it.

And despite her humanitarian efforts, I can't help but agree with Michael. In that day and age Maria is truly messing up the natural order of the world. And whilst I would argue that those with power (i.e. the Angels and such) should bear a nobeless oblige to help better the world, it really is up to the Archangels and God whether they actually do do it. Even Maria herself with the powers she commands cannot save every war, every village, every crime. She can only do what she can and protect those which she prioritizes higher on her list, and even then she cannot be sure to prevent her actions from being without consequences (those bandits might come back to attack the village again purely for revenge sake). That is the reality of the world that she lives in.

That said, Joseph must be a friggin idiot to pop an arrow at the Archangel. I hope he doesn't suddenly burst into purgatory flames or something. Sigh.. so bad-ass, but so idiotic at the same time.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 18, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Loving every bit of this anime.
Jan 18, 2015 11:46 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Maria pure an innocent T_T .. . Love anime innocent and pure side.. not like irl corrupted world where an intercourse is an casual thing.. -.- Probably only tard left in this world who believes even spent second and every touch is unique and suppose to be kept dear lifetime...

Also I can't really argue with Michael... no matter how much humans will get saved, helped .. they will still corrupt.. No matter what humans are just rotten to the core.. and "different", unique, innocent etc... will be just forced down by that corruption.

Though still, I like Maria more.. at least she tries to help those who she can.. not like those annoying angels who just do jackshit, and only force those down who try to change the world, even if a bit or a small place. Let world run in it's own course.. well corruption will spread and eventually swallow it all. "angels/god" shall pretty much wait til end of the world by that logic. And then simply recreate world which will simply corrupt again.

Human corruption is just constantly spreading, as do lies, value of relationships..etc...

-.- Oh well anime somehow show those sides and what people long for.. yet is pretty much nonexistent..

Well bless anime.. w/o i would be dead long time ago.. at least something prolongs hah :D
---

Anyhow not sure what to think about this anime yet, it seems to have interesting concept. I just hope it will develop in right direction.
Jan 18, 2015 12:07 PM
Apr 2010
This is why there should be armed revolutiones. Even god and arcangels like it.
Jan 18, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2013
I'm loving Maria so far!
Jan 18, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
I love what they're doing with Maria's character. Thematically, and just her general characterization(and of course design). Joseph is the man, he just became stupidly badass and I'm looking forward to their interactions after this(if Micheal doesn't purge his ass on the spot).

Only problem was the direction seemed a bit off compared to the first episode. Like some of the transitions were a bit rough and scenes didn't feel as impacted as they should.
Jan 18, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
The first half of the episode felt a little more... disjointed than the first. Still, the second half managed to be rather enjoyable.
I'm pretty interested in how they're going to portray the heavens at God itself, as what was saw this episode was pretty neat.

Also, the incubus is great. We need more incubi in anime. Severely so.
Jan 18, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
I was surprised to see Joseph shoot Arch-angel Michael and peirce him!
Like normally you would think Maria's magic would beat him up a bit, but an arrow does the most lol.

Anyways starting to like this plot, especially with Micheals explanation of what their role on earth is.

Wondering if Satan and demons will make there appearence here.

EDIT: Right before the arrow shot, Micheal was going to tell what Maria really wants to do. I wonder what it is,
5/5
Jan 18, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
I love Artemis
Joseph is really brave to dare shooting Archangel Michael
Jan 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Nov 2011
Nice plot progression. I'm liking all of the new characters introduced as well. Still aren't able to grasp the exact direction this show will take, but that's not a bad thing at all. Considering Maria has one more familiar, I suppose she keeps her powers. Losing it would have been awfully boring.
Jan 18, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2013
Ew... I dislike prostitution. I hate Artemis's line of work. So nasty. I hate is so much.

Such a beautiful female shouldn't do something like this. Ugh...

It was an ok, episode. But wtf Archangel Michael.

The way he was portrayed.... i disagree. Being a christian myself, i find this episode a bit uncomfortable. Mostly because their representation of the Saint Michael was not very good.

Other than that it was ok.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
kingsheep812 said:
Ew... I dislike prostitution. I hate Artemis's line of work. So nasty. I hate is so much.
Such a beautiful female shouldn't do something like this. Ugh...

She is a succubus....that's what succubus do
Jan 18, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
I found this episode pretty boring, great OP and ED though.
Jan 18, 2015 2:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha omg the part where Atermis was trying to drag Maria so she could see a man's thing was so funny, since Maria yells that she doesn't want to see it XD And no wonder when I was looking at the character designs that the incubus and Joseph looked similar to me, it's because the incubus was inspired by Joseph.

Anyways, Joseph, what guts. Can't believe he was willing to shoot at an archangel... :O But I don't think he's foolish or anything. He knows Maria as someone who is kind and even if it's Saint Michael, he doesn't know the saint personally and in a situation where someone he knows and respects is being harmed, why wouldn't he shoot at the one who is going to do the harm? Good going but also good luck to you dear Joseph.
Jan 18, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
kingsheep812 said:

It was an ok, episode. But wtf Archangel Michael.

Yeah, I remember being irritated by this in the source manga too. I can't laugh carelessly about what familiars do. They were normal owls with their free wills and now they have sex with everyone at assembly-line rates on Maria's command. They may enjoy it most of t he time, but the incubus was scared and unprepared in this episode.

I usually dislike subversions of celestial beings as well. I am not too much of a Christian, but I miss the point in making assholes out of angels. It makes them less interesting of a concept.
Jan 18, 2015 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
deadoptimist said:
...making assholes out of angels.

This episode? How so?
Jan 18, 2015 4:03 PM
Oct 2012
deadoptimist said:
They were normal owls with their free wills and now they have sex with everyone at assembly-line rates on Maria's command. They may enjoy it most of t he time, but the incubus was scared and unprepared in this episode.

I usually dislike subversions of celestial beings as well. I am not too much of a Christian, but I miss the point in making assholes out of angels. It makes them less interesting of a concept.

Your first point ties to your second. Angels do not have free will, they never ate from the tree of knowledge. What you are seeing is purity in action, it is supposed to be scary.

The writer is certainly capable of complexity, but I would be curious to see how complex this becomes. Basically Maria is tampering with free will, she is imposing HER will through magic, granted she does it for the good reason, but that doesn't make it any less dictatorial or for that matter right.

This comes to the question of why God created a world with evil and pain in it. The answer is that both are needed for humans to have free will. Life may be unfair, evil and pain may waylay us, however how we respond to this evil and pain is up to the individual. Greater challenges create greater opportunities. If God were to interfere to help the good and punish the evil, then god would be loading the dice and humans would cease to be capable of determining their future, rather they would be responding, much like some lab rat, to external stimuli.

As for the owls, don't forget that the incubus decided he wanted to become an incubus, he expressed his free will on that matter, what happens after that is the result of his decision. I am sure Artemis was the same way: she decided to become a succubus, and now she is only doing what a succubus is supposed to do.

As for Michael. His responsibility is to defend humans right to free will. Hence allowing humans who decided to act evil and be mercenaries and stopping Maria from imposing her will with supernatural powers IS his job. Now that said, I am curious where this is going to go from here. There are some pretty heady ideas floating around, there are only two ways this series can go. One is the boring way, that the writer is going to have a "good makes right might" which would be boring, or the writer will do something interesting.
Jan 18, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Too bad for the incubus, he thought he was gonna lay with ladies.. Shot an angel in the back, yeah no.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

This comes to the question of why God created a world with evil and pain in it. The answer is that both are needed for humans to have free will. Life may be unfair, evil and pain may waylay us, however how we respond to this evil and pain is up to the individual. Greater challenges create greater opportunities. If God were to interfere to help the good and punish the evil, then god would be loading the dice and humans would cease to be capable of determining their future, rather they would be responding, much like some lab rat, to external stimuli.

LOL.
Jaywalker.
Jan 18, 2015 4:39 PM

Dec 2014
Now that's why Hideyuki Kurata is hired to do this job, so far so good, a little bit tiring near the end but great overall. It's nice to see he finally pick up the pace and get back into the game after a long line of uninspiring works.
Jan 18, 2015 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
So I wonder what the Archangel Michael will do to Joseph?

Great episode!!!
Jan 18, 2015 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
Better then a expected. You don't see sex scenes much in anime.
Jan 18, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2014
kinda dont like how artemis is ok with fucking any old ugly guy
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
Anime of the year. No contest.
Jan 18, 2015 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
That was freaking amazing, animation is top notch, and i really like the premise.

Dat opening scene, rofl.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 18, 2015 8:11 PM

Nov 2014
pretty cool

Jan 18, 2015 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
Quite fun actually. It's in the limits but really like the tone overall. I'm really surprised with this show.
Jan 18, 2015 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
Human shot an Archangel.
Ahh, that cliffhanger.
Jan 18, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
Nice plot progression; interested in seeing where this goes. They have neat ideas going around, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I don't understand why this is listed as an ecchi, it's barely ecchi.

Also why is no one talking about the valkyries and them talking about sending people to Valhalla? Are we going to have a mixture of different mythologies? I am okay with this.
Jan 18, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
I like where this is going...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

194 by gswelcome »»
Sep 6, 3:50 PM

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.