Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, I think this is kinda silly especially that Robby Yarge guy. I feel bad for him though after such a miserable day he had in this episode.

Curious about that fictional world though. It's very colorful as I wonder about the technological elements and how advanced it's in their time period. Hachi and Robby had some amusing moments together in this episode. Seems like a fun show not to be taken too seriously.

That soundtrack lol
Apr 8, 2019 9:19 AM

Mar 2018
Well this came out of nowhere. I like the character designs, the humor and especially the soundtrack. Could be a surprise gem of the season.
Apr 8, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
Oh! I like it!
This is like Space Dandy or Kekkai Sensen :)
Apr 8, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2017
Very boring. The setting looks kind of nice but there is no intrigue to it. People in it live the exact same life as people who live in Tokyo today. The whole excuse for Hachi joining the adventure is just that he wants to live a unpredictable life and then it spent almost the whole episode (with all those boring expository conversation with Robby) just the make this point. Oh, the CG, don't even mention it.
Apr 8, 2019 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
I loved this! The setting is cool and it was filled with a bunch of unexpected twists and turns, which I guess is the whole point of the series. This feels like a budget Space Dandy, but it's still very charming and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Who is making the soundtrack, it was fucking fantastic and hilarious at the same time. This director is also bringing in the usual voice actors from other shows he's worked on, what a treat! The three main characters are great so far.

Finally something else to watch this season, I hope this continues to be charming and funny.
alpha_shadowApr 8, 2019 10:56 AM
:3
Apr 8, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
I was not expecting this to be this funny, it was going to be one of the "chore" anime that couldn't go without watching, but didn't really wanna see it. That coins been flipped, I loved this first episode. When the music started in the fighters, I just died a little. Cause of death: JOY.
Apr 8, 2019 11:47 AM

Nov 2016
Epic transformation, lmao.

I was expecting Fujo bait, but this was surprisingly fun . Robby is such an "unfortunate" guy and probably the aspect which will carry this series for me. He certainly reminds me of Zapp and not only due to Kazuya Nakai.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
What the actual f did i just watch?

The first part was quite "meh" but oh boy those last 5 minutes! I'm sold!
Apr 8, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2016
Super goofy fun, I like it! Seems sorta like Space Dandy meets Gintama? It's got Space Dandy's wacky Sci-Fi setting and fun characters (it's even got the persistent villain in the super goofy ship), and Gintama's wild humor, voice actors and sorta rough-ish but colorful visuals.. It has got one of the Gintama directors directing it so maybe this isn't so surprising.
ZaugrApr 8, 2019 1:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit I didn't expect it to be this entertaining, awesome first episode and the characters seem really fun
5/5
Apr 8, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
So we have a dystopian future where money are obsolete. Also somehow despite how biology works vegan men that are effeminate to the point of flamboyant gay are the smartest , strongest and most wealthy humans in this universe.... right.... I wonder what drugs the writers are on. Then you have the robot that I guess tries to mimick Marvin with some success but not enough. I think the robot transform thing was the only amusing part in this show.
Apr 8, 2019 1:18 PM
Apr 2018
"A robot appeared? But this isn't a giant robot anime" is what they said. lmao. This is my kind of stupidity.
Apr 8, 2019 1:31 PM

Nov 2018
This anime is drunk, oh yes, perfect.
Apr 8, 2019 1:38 PM

Dec 2015
Weird feeling. Needed some time to watch that episode. Which means it wasn't that good ... but I'm willing to watch more. This has great potential. Such showas get better the more used I get to the style. And I'm just in the mood to watch more of this, this season.

Reminds me of lot of different anime. Yamato because of Iscandar. Tonegawa because of the loser main and how he is stupid as business and even some shrimps (ebi) business - like Ebitani from Tonegawa.

Saxophon sound reminded me of Sakamoto desu ga somehow. "Coolness" and travelling reminds of Space Dandy. Yang reminds of Yang Wenli (LotGH). The transformation of old transformation series.

Just one thing was missing to make it perfect ... a narrator (in LotGH style ... but more in a comedy version like in Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu).
Apr 8, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2017
"Why am i the bottom half?" alright, i even forgot i had this show was on my ptw, but this might just be worth a try
Apr 8, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
I hope this isnt like ixion saga, where its this massively underrated fun anime that no one watches cause its fairly cheaply made.

anywho, as for the episode itself, it was alright. First like 8 minutes were really boring but it started picking up more in the 2nd half, the series has potential to be a fun little goofy sci-fi adventure if it plays its cards right, i would say the series would benefit from a bit more energy though.
JizzyHitlerApr 8, 2019 2:35 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
Anime seems a bit silly but was decent to watch. Character designs were nice. The mecha was a bit random but I liked how they explained the transformation music. Not a fan that the villain Yang is fashioned after Chinese motifs and also the Isekandar interruptions. Hacchi reminds me a bit of Haiji from Run with the Wind.
Apr 8, 2019 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
So I'm glad I watched the first episode through, but probably no more. The general humor of the show isn't really my thing, and while the last 5 minutes had a pretty good "wtf" feeling, generally it didn't quite feel zany enough for me to think that it would sustain me on that through the whole series. I can totally see this being somebody's jam, but if I want to see this sort of show, I've been meaning to watch Space Dandy
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 8, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2014
I mean.. it's not bad, but it ain't really good either. Will give it a change tho.

The most that stuck to mind were the two leftover fries and burger, don't waste food dammit.

5/10 for me.

Apr 8, 2019 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
So stupid it's actually good.
Apr 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Oct 2018
Maybe it's just me, but the moment I saw the first scene I was grabbed. I really expected the art in this anime to look dull, but it's so vibrant and nice. The background music is great, and the fast pacing is just my thing.

It's just like a Saturday morning cartoon you would watch when you were younger, I love it 10/10

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Apr 8, 2019 4:21 PM

Dec 2016
I dunno what I should think about this anime... It lacks something. It didn't look bad, but... I dunno. I will give it another chance.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 8, 2019 4:56 PM
Sep 2014
Started watching it with attention, then it completely lost me in the middle and got me back in the last 7 or so minutes. I like the character design and the humor, but I hope it'll get an actual plot in the next couple of episodes. Otherwise it's definitely going to lose me.

Loved that closing line complaining about being in the bottom lol
Apr 8, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2017
It instantly reminds me of what I've seen from Space Dandy, and I really like the more vibrant colors with it. The first half seemed really slow though, second half picked up a bit and could be quite interesting.
EDIT: I wrote this before the last few minutes, the robot transformation out of nowhere with music playing from the cockpits had me dying. This seems like it'll be pretty funny.
YorakirroApr 8, 2019 5:18 PM

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 8, 2019 5:59 PM

Mar 2010
I am just imaging zoro is saying tha things that robbie is saying
Apr 8, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2015
That Robby guy doesn't know when to shut up.

Was that a Mazinger parody or just a plain ol' plagiarized copycat? Any ways it was an okay episode, liked the Yang gang.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 8, 2019 6:12 PM

Mar 2016
Non-sense dose of fun, just what I expected of this anime.This is gonna be a hell of a ride, better have some popcorn to watch this next time.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 8, 2019 6:21 PM
Jan 2019
I wasn't expecting much but tbh this anime slaps, honestly it's the one I've enjoyed the most so far this season.
Apr 8, 2019 7:17 PM

May 2010
So bright...and colorful. The fun and funny part is not quite there yet.
Apr 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Aug 2018
I really don't understand the score. There's no manga or more episodes out to base anything on. First episode was an easy 8. Might go down or up later but there's no way it's a fucking 6.
Apr 8, 2019 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
was like fuck it there's like one other show to watch today might as well try this one out ,turned out way better than i was expecting(not much) lol

gintama vibes/space boy dandy

doesn't help there's quite a few of the cast already in this
Apr 8, 2019 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
Thought it was kinda boring... until they combined. The banter just isn't getting a rise out of me. Giving it another shot next week.
Apr 8, 2019 9:35 PM

Jul 2008
eglepe said:
I really don't understand the score. There's no manga or more episodes out to base anything on. First episode was an easy 8. Might go down or up later but there's no way it's a fucking 6.

I think a lot of people give scores right away and change them later as they watch. Pretty much all new series tend to have a 6-7 score because it's the average of all the people who loved and hated it. It's in the middle exactly because there's no way to really judge yet.

That said, I wad kind of interested in this show when I saw the announcement before, but I actually expected a lot worse. Hope it keeps up, that was a lot of fun for a first episode!
Apr 9, 2019 12:22 AM

Mar 2019
Uhh this could of been a decent show for me, but I find the MC to be so irritating. I liked the setting and music. It was a little convenient for him to find two fighter ships that he didn't even know existed with two of them on board lol and then they had to form some lame mecha. Will give it a couple of episodes but not holding my breath.
Apr 9, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2016
I was not expecting this. Thought this would be bad, but I really liked this episode. It was absolutely hilarious.

Robi is a funny guy. Love the way he speaks. His choice of words is so unusual. He called Hachi "Majime-chan". It was so stupid yet funny.

Hachi is so adorable. He betrayed Robi first, but then he tagged along with him and betrayed his own boss. Hahah

The two girls looked at such an amazing house as if it was filth. Well, the house flew where the girls had always wanted to go without them! ざまみろ ( ^ω^ )

The only thing I didn't like was Robi's bad luck. I really can't stand dumb characters with bad luck.

Normally, I don't like mecha, but this was too random and funny, so I didn't mind it.
Apr 9, 2019 12:40 AM

Dec 2016
Like if Space Dandy lost everything that made it good and then some lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 9, 2019 1:13 AM
Apr 2019
This anime seems like it will be a fun watch ^ - ^ Maybe not my favorite anime of the season, but it's pretty funny.
Apr 9, 2019 2:10 AM
Mar 2015
Wow, honestly was not expecting much but I really liked this, definitely going to give it a chance! Humour is funny and light hearted and Robby Yarge is hilariously tragic!
Apr 9, 2019 3:57 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
The preview reminds me of Gintama, and to my surprise it's Shinji Takamatsu directing the series plus Nakai Kazuya, Sugita and pattsuan Sakaguchi in the cast, Grand Blue was disappointingly bad not but maybe not this one.
AntagonizedApr 9, 2019 4:07 AM
Apr 9, 2019 6:05 AM

Mar 2009
Was not expecting the show to turn into a Super Robot anime. That was hilariously out of left field. A lot of fun so far.
Apr 9, 2019 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Absolutely stunning...in terms of parody and comedy.

The (studio) Comet is back after a long break to give us an original of mixed ideas combined into one, and it shows. Space Dandy or whatever you wanna call it, a good throwback into the 90s era.

Firmly have always been a believer of Takamatsu Shinji for his work on Gintama, and this fervently displays his unique style and take on the series past that he was worked before.

Not a good but not a bad premiere episode TBH, and wanting more!
Apr 9, 2019 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
well the premise seemed somewhat dumb..but let's see how it goes///like the characters though
Apr 9, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2019
I did not think it was especially bad, but I'm not interested at all it's something like space dandy, but without the good technical values that it possessed.
Apr 9, 2019 1:17 PM

Feb 2008
Not a fan of nonsensical series like Gintama, if it doesn't have a proper story nor interesting characters interactions (drama/romance) then I never get invested. This series is obviously set up to be none story based episodic nonsensical fun. In other words not the least bit entertaining for me, I bow out here and hope the rest of you enjoy.
Apr 9, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2013
Unpredictable is that it looks like I'm going to like this a lot lol. I'm following up.
This Robby is crazy XD And Hachii is cute. <3
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Apr 9, 2019 4:26 PM
Dec 2015
It felt like they at least tried with this first episode but it all falls flat. The character designs are pretty forgettable and although I find the attempted bright color palette commendable half the time the colors just clash and are unappealing. plus the attempt at wacky/irreverent/self-aware humor just doesn't hit since they can't decide if it wants to be slightly grounded or full-on stupid. but the most relevant problem was the pacing that took way to long on boring banter and any action or interesting idea that had the potential to be entertaining was skimmed over. i'll still give the upcoming episode a fair shake but I doubt this will be a show i finish this season
Apr 9, 2019 6:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Damn people are harsh on this one. It wasn't perfect but it was a fun start.
Apr 9, 2019 8:11 PM

May 2015
This was actually kinda fun. Looking forward to see more.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 10, 2019 1:08 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
I'm still trying to figure out if I like this or not. I *know* it's a parody, but I found a lot of the comedy just flat out missed. Maybe it's because I'm tired/sick, but I don't think I laughed once the entire episode :|

I'll watch the next one to see... I don't even know.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 10, 2019 3:05 AM
Mar 2012
Nice first mecha this season for me.
Kinda ridiculous but some banter was fun.
va's & osts sounded great.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RobiHachi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2019

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 4:15 AM

Poll: » RobiHachi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2019

35 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:58 AM

Poll: » RobiHachi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

27 by 1_l1k3_sh1p5 »»
Nov 20, 2022 5:07 PM

Poll: » RobiHachi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

11 by Curarpikt93 »»
Feb 17, 2022 9:13 AM

Poll: » RobiHachi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

24 by Curarpikt93 »»
Feb 16, 2022 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.