Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 9:51 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, I can't wait for the final clash...although the odds seem to be impossible.

Anyway, they got the aid of Britai and the female commander's fleets, and probably from the other one (the rebelious guy) so its gotta be an intense final battle.

Also an honourable mention to the archivist going "wooosh wooosh" awesome xD
Oct 7, 2009 11:11 AM

Jan 2008
I love it when rivals join forces.

Except for Kaifun. He can go die.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 5, 2009 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
Ok Exedol going all kyun-kyun in the meeting was epic... but still extremely silly...

And I agree... Kaifun, die already...
Feb 25, 2010 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
Best minmay's imprecision ever lol. Logically they have zero chance of winning but this is Macross, anything is possible.
May 21, 2010 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
Alas86 said:
Ok Exedol going all kyun-kyun in the meeting was epic... but still extremely silly...

I felt ashamed...don't know why :)

May 25, 2010 11:33 PM

Sep 2009
Jio-Freed said:
Alas86 said:

I felt ashamed...don't know why :)

Kyun Kyun!
Jan 16, 2011 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Close to five million ships? Yeah, I would go ahead and have all the sex and try all the drugs I can. Chances are you won't see another sunset.
Apr 17, 2011 4:09 PM

May 2010
Lol exedol singing was funny.

Anyone else wants to punch Kaifun in the face right about now? That idiot bishounen, he is nothing compare with Reinhardo-sama
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 9, 2011 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
Lol exedol singing was funny.

Anyone else wants to punch Kaifun in the face right about now? That idiot bishounen, he is nothing compare with Reinhardo-sama

Why the fuck would you compare him to Reinhard? Anyway, probably the first episode in a while I haven't been enthralled with, it seemed as though Britai's group joined way to easily. Though I guess he had little choice given the situation and the fact that deculture has contaminated them on some level.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 15, 2011 6:48 PM
Oct 2009
ya they are... whell should die but we know they will live.
May 18, 2011 1:16 AM

Apr 2009
Wow 4,795,122 ships! The night sky must have lighten up when they defolded eh?

How do you win against that many? Let Minmay sing a song of peace and love for them? I know! Load Kaifun on the Grand Cannon or send him to them to preach his hate for the military!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2011 6:05 AM

May 2008
Another priceless episode, Exedol singing kyun-kyun owned this one xD

I can't wait for the final battle. I predict something epic~
Nov 24, 2011 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
tofei said:

How do you win against that many? Let Minmay sing a song of peace and love for them? I know! Load Kaifun on the Grand Cannon or send him to them to preach his hate for the military!

lol... I can't wait till they kill Kaifun off (hopefully they do).
Sheepshaman.png
Apr 1, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
Why did the female Zentradi commander send that report to Dolsa. She signed her own death warrant and everyone else’s.
Jun 7, 2012 8:55 AM
Dec 2010
sayami said:
Another priceless episode, Exedol singing kyun-kyun owned this one xD
I can't wait for the final battle. I predict something epic~

^This^
tofei said:

^This^

But putting main plot events aside. It feels weird that Hikaru and Minmay are not "into each other" anymore. I can't help but sympathize with Hikaru even though, i thought he went overboard few times in the beginning and I kinda hope that he gets together rather with "Oba-san" Hayase, Misa (they seem to be connected naturally) then going back to "wanna be more then friends" with Minmay. But who knows maybe we will actually get to watch long awaited confession in midst of the conflict. This was supposed to be romance afterall.
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyJun 7, 2012 9:01 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 6, 2012 2:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Exedol's impression always make me facepalm.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2013 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Exedol's audition was entirely unexpected, and greatly appreciated. Minmay positively must feature him on her next song.

Things are getting seriously real right now. How can there still be 10 episodes left?
May 26, 2013 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
Shit just got real.

Sabinlerose said:

Kyun Kyun!

This.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 7, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
Exedol singing kyun kyun was hilarious.
Mar 31, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2011
Exedol's rendition of My Boyfriend is a Pilot is something I will never forget...

However I think this just confirms that by undergoing whatever process they went through to become Zentraedi, that race lost a certain something in the intelligence department. The female commander just didn't think through to the logical conclusion when she reported back to the main fleet. Britai and the archivist on the other hand know exactly just what is coming, but they seem to be the two smartest Zentraedi in the whole fleet. Since next episode was intended to originally be the end of the series, I think we're due for a pretty big finish...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2014 4:29 PM
Oct 2013
Ridiculus.
They really break the plot's regular development this time and hyperjumped to the main event.
Hope tihngs won't get to messy like: killing everyone on macross except for kaifun and useless people on Earth.
Jan 27, 2015 2:35 AM

Sep 2013
They'll probably engage in some major-scale operation psychological warfare again and completely disable the main fleet. And then hopefully shoot off Kaifun into space through the garbage chute.
May 26, 2015 10:06 PM

Mar 2014
Let's just stop to appreciate that Lynn Minmay is pretty much the sole reason for the complete disintegration of the order within the Zentradi fleet. I mean we here on earth argue about which pop singers have the most success / impact but Minmay actually, *literally* impacted an entire society to the point where they're now ready to fight with the Macross against their own kind. Queen tbh.

Anyway, this episode has me so hype. Can't wait for the final battle to begin. Exedol and his Minmay stanning owned this entire episode.

Exedol: "your songs have shaken us to our very core"
Minmay: *looks bewildered* "Oh? I didn't even write this shit but, uh... thanks!"
*Cue performance of My Boyfriend is a pilot in the middle of military negotiations*

God I love Macross.
Sep 1, 2015 1:36 AM

May 2013
Exedol, you were amazing! Lmfao

I really didn't expect the main fleet to arrive in the episode right after a ceasefire negotiation.

It was pretty cold of Misa's father to deny her request like that but I think most fathers would've done the same thing.

Can't wait to see what happens next episode.
Oct 21, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
Exedol singing was hysterical. The odds are certainly against them. 4.7 million ships.

Kaifun is the worst character on the show.
Dec 6, 2015 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
Exedol best boy!

And yays, can't wait to see them fight together~
Now Milia and Max aren't enemies anymore, in that regard :)
Jul 1, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2014
YOU ARE FKED! EARTH IS FKED! PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTACK?! .... Don't bother using the stupid Cannon. We are talking about 5 millions of Ships on every side of the earth. But I bet they are just itching to fire it....fk you Kaifun.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 20, 2016 12:15 AM
Apr 2014
That escalated quickly… Exsedol singing was hilarious.
Nov 30, 2016 10:27 PM
Jan 2015
Exsedol is a better singer than Minmai :D
Kaifun go die!

Britai, I always knew that he was kind of smart and not that bad. Kamjin will probably join and I'm waiting for this !
Aug 13, 2017 1:32 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting episode, everything speeds up thanks to warping and the fact this looks like a penultimate episode.

3/5 But how will they even win? :D

Exedol's "kyun kyun" was priceless.

Deleted screenshot: 20h29m56s325 (my Déclic DVD timestamp)

St0rmblade said:

This episode feels like a prelude to a grand finale, yet somehow we still have quite a lot of episodes to see. Will the Supervision Army make an appearance after that?

Yes, it is ! The series had been downsized from the original plan to a 27 episodes one before getting an order for more episodes, extending it with the infamous episodes 28 to 36. (some neat ideas to find there)
Also, the Supervision Army is something that was dismissed long ago at that point, if I remember well. Sorry.
Rei_IIIJul 14, 2020 5:09 AM
Oct 20, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2016
Always epic when "good" and former enemies are joining forces. The force,they're up against looks overwhelming,tho.

Next episode looks hype af.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2018 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Exsedol's reaction to lingerie and 'kyun kyun~ kyun kyun~' -ing was hilarious lmao
Milia was wearing a military uniform instead of civilian clothing, so maybe she really will get to fight alongside the Macross forces...?
And Kamujin's response to Britai and Lap'Lamiz was interesting. I wonder if/when he'll switch over to fighting against the main Zentradi fleet, instead of fighting for them.
Oct 25, 2018 11:54 PM

Jan 2010
In some ways Macross is frustrating, but in other ways, this anime is amazing in ways I've never quite seen before, at least to this degree.

The idea of love and song ending war is cheesy and highly susceptible to being filled to the brim with cliches. However, due to Macross's age, it was able to deliver this sappy message earnestly and straightforwardly. It's not self-aware to any extent, and it doesn't make any attempts at poking fun at itself. Because of this, the subject of war and peace through idol music and culture somehow comes across fairly realistically, or at least as realistically as the subject matter could be delivered. Through this, there's actually an interesting discussion of cultural invasions here.

The Zentraedi, as a culture of war, don't know of entertainment and love, but are susceptible to it since they're apparently human at their core. Upon exposure, they seem to crave it, as if to fill some void within them. However, this can also come across as obsession, which can overpower things like loyalty and the will to fight. I can see how this could result in the destruction of the Zentraedi, but not in terms of physical destruction. Rather, it would end their culture, which could be taken as a positive or negative depending on perspective. It certainly has made the defectors happy, but there are both Zentraedi and humans that still wish to fight.

So, the idea now isn't that idol music, love, or whatever can somehow magically end war. Both Zentraedi and humans are similar biologically, but the argument that humans already fight each other regardless of relational characteristics. Would the similarities of desiring entertainment and love be enough to overcome all that? For something as apparently optimistic as Macross, it might be enough. I'm just happy that Macross is not poking fun at itself to remind viewers of the situation's implausibility. It's hilarious to see aliens get flustered over viewing a kiss, or seeing ranking human officers struggle to explain what lingerie is. Macross doesn't dwell on these scenes though, so it's able to convey both the comedic and serious tones of these scenes. It's serious because there's a real threat of death and war lingering over the series, but it's funny seeing human cultural elements, typically taken for granted, serving as a potential means for saving both races from mutual destruction. I can accept all this because Macross doesn't flinch at expressing its anti-war sentiments though song, and I can truly believe this through the show's honesty. I've actually forgotten at various moments that the story itself is really silly. Instead, I'm just rooting for universal peace and love. It's really refreshing.
Mar 3, 2020 9:37 AM

Feb 2017
I expected Kaifun to fuck things up somehow but I am glad it didn't come to that.

That fleet is huge. Not even Magician Yang would be able to get out of this situation I believe. Only hope left is the power of Minmay's songs.
Jul 14, 2020 4:55 AM

Aug 2017
Almost fell off my chair when Exsedol started singing "My boyfriend is a pilot". Also, lingerie is now a military secret that gave Exsedol a "shock" xD

This episode feels like a prelude to a grand finale, yet somehow we still have quite a lot of episodes to see. Will the Supervision Army make an appearance after that? Anyway, I have a gut feeling that they'll try to broadcast Minmay's song to the entire fleet and love will conquer all or something like that.
St0rmbladeJul 14, 2020 5:04 AM
Jan 13, 2021 9:51 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
Ok Minmay, I forgive you. Milia is still the new best girl for me though
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ❄ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
May 25, 2023 1:09 PM
Oct 2019
Awesome episode!
Exsedol mimicking Minmay is one of the best moments in anime.
I'm really glad I've been advised watching Macross!
Jun 29, 2023 10:22 PM

Feb 2023
What a great episode!

Kaifun getting told to shut up by Global was amazing xD

mlvxci said:
Let's just stop to appreciate that Lynn Minmay is pretty much the sole reason for the complete disintegration of the order within the Zentradi fleet. I mean we here on earth argue about which pop singers have the most success / impact but Minmay actually, *literally* impacted an entire society to the point where they're now ready to fight with the Macross against their own kind. Queen tbh.

Anyway, this episode has me so hype. Can't wait for the final battle to begin. Exedol and his Minmay stanning owned this entire episode.

Exedol: "your songs have shaken us to our very core"
Minmay: *looks bewildered* "Oh? I didn't even write this shit but, uh... thanks!"
*Cue performance of My Boyfriend is a pilot in the middle of military negotiations*

God I love Macross.

"Anyway here's wonderwall My boyfriend is a pilot."

poscula said:
Awesome episode!
Exsedol mimicking Minmay is one of the best moments in anime.
I'm really glad I've been advised watching Macross!

Yeah this anime is rough at the edges but it has a lot of great moments. Completely different from what I expected it to be!
Sep 18, 9:28 AM
May 2021
Please stop the kyum kyum. I can't bear kyum kyum anymore

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

58 by Nicoman- »»
Oct 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 29 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

33 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 19, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 25 Discussion

starseeker - Feb 14, 2009

46 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 23 Discussion

WW-niisan - Apr 20, 2010

18 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 17, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.