Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2008 5:18 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:45 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 21, 2008 8:16 PM
Jul 2008
angel999 said:

-PLEASE DON'T TELL THE BOX IS PIECE OF SHIT that transforms people into butterflies cause it might really DISTURB me. The head I get but BUTTERFLIES????
-

That's the worst case.

kanako is so mysterious. all of what she have said are enigmatic but beautiful = ='. somehow i think that yoriko has an unbalanced psychological caused by what kanako said. And so why the story is so confusing? but i really like this ^ ^

btw, at first, this anime was not on my plan-to-watch list, but it is in my top priority list right now. cant wait for it :D
Oct 26, 2008 1:34 PM

Aug 2007
And the plot thickens. :D

And they translated the letter... the investigator read it aloud.

Seriously, I want more... I need MOAR. o.o

5/5 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 26, 2008 1:39 PM

Oct 2008
Alright wth happened in the end? Liked this episode, just as did with last one, having the guy cleansing the house for Mouryou was a bit fucked up though, mother must be getting quite paranoid.

Only question is, what did she say before she vanished, I think the police officer knows it. Hopefully we'll find out about it next episode.

This series is hard to figure out what exactly is gonna happen, and it's a nice element. Not sure what to expect from next episode, other than it'll be good. Is it possible that Yoriko is a mouryou ? Since you were wondering if haven't watched the subs yet the letter says according to subs

"We've got Kanako. Kanako is ill a le di (wtf?). If you value her life, prepare the money. 10 million yen. You have until September ill let you know."

And from that letter I'm even more confused on what's going on.

Oct 26, 2008 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder how much of what kanako experienced during surgery is true? Because to me it looked like she would have gotten a better treatment at another hospital - not to mention the rumors of the place :S
Another thing I noticed is that the letter was signed "DEVIL" - and didn't it look like kanako's sister was putting the letter INTO the envelope when surprised by our friend, mr detective? Also the letter makes no sense from a physical point of view, since we know where kanako is (hospital) thus she cannot be kidnapped. I wonder if it refers to her soul or something like that? Unless it somehow foresees the event where kanako dissapears?

And what is up with all that electronic stuff? - most bizzare hospital ever - it looks more like a research facility to me.
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Oct 26, 2008 4:42 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was just perfect, just like the first two. Fantastic direction and characters.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 26, 2008 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
Quite the episode. A wtf? kind of ending 0_o.
Oct 26, 2008 6:38 PM
Jul 2008
Nothing to say much just hope that kanako will be back again alive. (i think her role should not have just finish here)

what are those butterflies refer to?
what does the letter mean "Kanako is ill a le di"?
what is that pimple for? and
why "box" of evil?
Oct 27, 2008 1:19 AM

Mar 2008
i liked the constant usage of the word "box" in this episode. it was effective because every time it was mentioned, it reminds us of the head inside of a box in episode 1.

Oct 27, 2008 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
Weird anime. Just watched the first 3 eps. Not a fan of this type of stuff especially how annoying Yuriko seems to me. Bleh. Nice detailed drawings though.
Oct 27, 2008 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
So the doctors were doing more bad than good?
Is that why Kanako labelled them as '2 demons disecting me'

The letter was confusing. Does it mean Kanako is held captive in the hospital or another Kanako has been kidnapped.
Ahhh so confused, the ending just made it even worse!
Oct 27, 2008 5:52 AM

Jun 2008
totally understandable series i can just see through it
Oct 27, 2008 10:11 AM

Jul 2007
I can sum this [series] with 3 words... what the fuck?

also... it's really boring >_>
Oct 27, 2008 11:01 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty good episode. This series is very psycological, it gives me chills. Everything is so confusing, I'm dead curious about it
Oct 27, 2008 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
Easily one of the best series of the season, everything has been almost perfect, definitely looking forward to more!!
Oct 27, 2008 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
myth720 said:
I can sum this [series] with 3 words... what the fuck?

also... it's really boring >_>

how is it boring? dialogue and atmosphere have been very good.

im so happy they arent doing anything actioney it would completely ruin this.
Oct 27, 2008 11:40 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode its nice to see the plot get thicker and thicker with each episode without it being to confusing, and a very interesting ending that leads up to number 4
Oct 27, 2008 11:57 PM

Jun 2007
-N0iR- said:
I wonder how much of what kanako experienced during surgery is true? Because to me it looked like she would have gotten a better treatment at another hospital - not to mention the rumors of the place :S
Another thing I noticed is that the letter was signed "DEVIL" - and didn't it look like kanako's sister was putting the letter INTO the envelope when surprised by our friend, mr detective? Also the letter makes no sense from a physical point of view, since we know where kanako is (hospital) thus she cannot be kidnapped. I wonder if it refers to her soul or something like that? Unless it somehow foresees the event where kanako dissapears?

And what is up with all that electronic stuff? - most bizzare hospital ever - it looks more like a research facility to me.

I have to agree, I questioned who put the letter there too and then I realized it was probably the sister since any normal person would give the letter right to the detective and not try and stop him from picking it up. She looked like she was trying to hide it from the detective when he just popped up out of nowhere. Later on the detective mentions something like "why cant kanako's sister inherit? Was she born to a different mother or maybe a different father". So I'm guessing the sister was plotting to take her away and leave that note. Thats why she's now being constantly guarded along with kanako in the huge box. The detective later says something like now I know who I have to protect and who my enemy is wile looking at the sister.

As for kanako, the room she was in was full of weird computer devices and she had loads of over sized tubes going into her body. I'm taking a reach here but maybe the docs where pumping her full of some kind of mixture to keep her body looking young. Like I said, it's a reach lol.
Oct 28, 2008 4:27 AM
Mar 2008
-N0iR- said:
and didn't it look like kanako's sister was putting the letter INTO the envelope when surprised by our friend, mr detective?

I agree! Looked the same to me as well.
I won't speculate though. This series has me so thrown, that I'll just wait and see how it continues :)
Oct 28, 2008 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Well there are so many things that I don't understand O_o
Anyway, that hospital is creepy

Oct 28, 2008 9:37 AM

Dec 2007
Aaah, I love this series!
I love how they build up the atmosphere, how you KNOW that there's something beneath the surface but just can't quite point it out.
Oct 28, 2008 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
watched episode 3 and i didnt like it.
i dont like the story plot or the characters and this anime is just plain wearied!
i rate this episode a 2 out of 5, if it wont get any better i might drop it!
Oct 28, 2008 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
Ok, so this is officially damn weird.

I love it.
Oct 29, 2008 3:15 PM

Jun 2008
lol, I have no idea what to think of this series through three episodes, and I love it. The paranormal element to the series is quite intriguing, as is the entire style and atmosphere the show gives off. I'd probably be put off my three episodes of vaguery if Mouryou no Hako did not look so wonderful and elegant while doing it.

I am most interested in finding how deep the relationship between Kanako and Yoriko runs, and how that is connected to whatever else is going on. Pretty obvious that Kiba has a thing for Yoko, too, and I am actually interested in that, although I do agree with a few people here that she is mighty suspicious. A lot of what she does comes off as an act.
Oct 30, 2008 3:04 AM

Jun 2008
they messed up the time didn't they? this is so messed up. i still dun understand wtf is goin' on. well at least they referenced the hako and the mouryou. i mean some anime really do have weird titles which do not correlate w/ the show at all (bleach anyone?)
Oct 30, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Still weird. Why wasnt the officier suprised when he saw the "operation room" inside the "box" with all that strange devices?

When the girl Yoriko was running away from the "exorcist" and this man suddenly appeared behind her, I somehow had the feeling that this could be the "devil" which pushed Kanako. He even said something like "Watching the fools is a good way to pass the time", as if he would know everything and amuse himself by watching the unknowing "pawns of the game".

Well, I guess I have to watch the whole show before I can really say something about the plot.
Oct 30, 2008 3:02 PM

Oct 2007
This series is outstanding so far. The atmosphere is wonderful and the story just keeps getting more and more interesting. This is a real mystery series.

Jan 2, 2010 3:14 PM

Dec 2009
Users already pointed out curious things about this episode, I can add the fact (not that it's important anyway) that, about Kanako being pushed on the rail lines, it shows what she reminds, and it totally differs from what Yuriko tells to the detective.
Jan 2, 2010 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
Users already pointed out curious things about this episode, I can add the fact (not that it's important anyway) that, about Kanako being pushed on the rail lines, it shows what she reminds, and it totally differs from what Yuriko tells to the detective.
Apr 12, 2010 7:38 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, wow. That was pretty good.
I was getting afraid this would only go downhill, since the first episode was near perfection, but the second was a big disappointment.
May 21, 2010 5:41 AM

Mar 2009
A bit confusing.. the ending was interesting though, except for the whole ascending-to-heaven thing.
Jun 24, 2010 5:12 PM
May 2008
A bit confusing... more like no answers... thus, the plot thickens.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 13, 2010 4:16 AM

May 2008
This episode was strange and weird. I just don't know what the hell happened at the end. Also that box is too suspicious to be a hospital...
It was still great~
Aug 31, 2010 8:59 AM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:
-N0iR- said:

I have to agree, I questioned who put the letter there too and then I realized it was probably the sister since any normal person would give the letter right to the detective and not try and stop him from picking it up. She looked like she was trying to hide it from the detective when he just popped up out of nowhere. Later on the detective mentions something like "why cant kanako's sister inherit? Was she born to a different mother or maybe a different father". So I'm guessing the sister was plotting to take her away and leave that note. Thats why she's now being constantly guarded along with kanako in the huge box. The detective later says something like now I know who I have to protect and who my enemy is wile looking at the sister.

As for kanako, the room she was in was full of weird computer devices and she had loads of over sized tubes going into her body. I'm taking a reach here but maybe the docs where pumping her full of some kind of mixture to keep her body looking young. Like I said, it's a reach lol.

That's an interesting theory, keeping her young, especially if the inheritance has some sort of requirement, like Kanako must be 18 or a "woman" rather than a girl before she inherits. This would also explain why the lawyer was so keen to label the train incident a "murder," even though Kanako appeared to have survived -- if she's dead, she can't turn "of age." Additionally, the pimple could be important, because acne often equals puberty, again, Kanako becoming a woman.

Also, many users note how "crazy" Yoriko's mother has been acting, getting the exorcist, etc. Maybe Yoriko really is the crazy one? After all, she suddenly "remembers" Kanako was pushed, or is she making it up...? She seemed to be a relatively normal young lady in the first episode, but immediately goes along with Kanako's "we are each other's next lives" stuff. I'm not sure how rational/reliable a character Yoriko is.
Jan 31, 2011 7:13 AM

Nov 2009
This is messed up, yet I can't stop watching it. Indeed, what was with all of the electronic equipment surrounding Kanako? Moreover, why is she being protected so well? The building she's being housed in resembles an army base, not a hospital.

I noticed we are shown different days during different episodes - ie. we saw what happened on August 30th in episode 2, and then they filled in what happened before that in this episode. I like this layout - it leaves a lot up to interpretation before actually seeing what took place.
May 20, 2011 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
I think i'm really liking this so far, I do like these slower paced series.
fuck everything and rumble
Mar 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was a mess, in my personal opinion. I'm paying as much attention as I can and I have no idea what's going on. I feel like the subtitles I've got are wrong or something.
Jun 21, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
I hope I'll understand something in the upcoming episodes.
The animation is splendid.
Nov 27, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2009
Can somebody please tell me what's going on?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2013 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm confused yet very interested. Let's see where this goes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2013 12:17 PM
Aug 2011
Never take your patients to a hospital that looks like a box!
It's so weird and creepy.

angel999 said:
-PLEASE DON'T TELL THE BOX IS PIECE OF SHIT that transforms people into butterflies cause it might really DISTURB me.

I laughed at this
Jul 15, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 14, 2013 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
There we go now this is more like it, As we start to understand a bit more the characters a new development in the case and interesting meeting, I'm also liking Detective Kiba more and more, However that end left me in confusion again. And then at one point there was a very abrupt cut in the music that bothered me. This does put the mystery in mystery so far. I'm not entirely hooked yet however I'm not denying that it has it's own atmosphere.
Nov 10, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
aw, everything is confusing to me but I kept on watching tho. I wonder who sent that letter. The doctor and the assisstant look suspicious and what happened to Kanako?????

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 2, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
It's slowly picking up my interest, I really want to know what's going on now :)
Dismemberment, disecting and so much more.

Good episode.
Mar 27, 2019 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
I believe everything has to do with a mental illness and how it messes up the two girls' mind.

The statement Yoriko comes up with that a man pushed Kanako, I think it is nothing else but a demon that is tempting her.
Mar 31, 2019 7:51 PM

Apr 2009
This show is creepy, confusing and mind blowing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2019 5:08 AM

Oct 2015
I don't understand why don't they suspect Yoriko, I mean she was there at the scene by the way.

That ending was pretty bizarre, like this whole series so far.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 29, 2020 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
I think Yoko might either be Kanako's mother rather than her sister or is her mother and sister at the same time. Idk why she was leaving the ransom note cause she clearly very suspicious.

Frankly for that matter everyone in this is. Yoriko's story seemed off (is she lying?), the policeman that seem dense is either truly dense or is acting dumb, the two doctors are a complete mystery as well, the only person with no ulterior motives atm is Kiba.
Jun 2, 2022 3:47 AM

Mar 2010
This is getting so weird.Why is Kiba so obsessed with the box. Everyone in this anime seems crazy. The step dad or boyfriend of yori mom seems sus as hell. Looking like she got hypnosis or goes to cults on those fridays lmao. Did Yori really see someone push her or is she lieing to see Kanako.
StardewJun 2, 2022 3:52 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeathfireD - Jan 2, 2010

57 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 12 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 30, 2009

19 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 11 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 14, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 12, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 10 Discussion

Jacut - Jul 9, 2009

15 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 9, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

20 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.