Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2017 4:50 AM

Nov 2012

Starts airing April 2018,Kuroko no Basket's director is apparently directing,Miyano is voicing Reinhard,Kircheis is Umehara Yuuichirou. Yang is Suzumura Kenichi,Narrator is Shimoyama Yoshimitsu,mechanical design is Naoyuki Kato
YorusighSep 20, 2017 5:08 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2017 4:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mamoru Miyano as Reinhard ;)

Well this should be good
Sep 20, 2017 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
So it's full cgi

No thx bye
Sep 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Jul 2015
Spring release.

CGI are not bad watching full screen. The empire bridge got some technological upgrades.

It seems we also got the narrator voice for the story.

Sep 20, 2017 5:54 AM

Jun 2015
Miyano is a fine choice but I don't think Suzumura Kenichi really fits Yang, as long as the OST is classical hopefully it will be good.
Sep 20, 2017 5:55 AM

Dec 2015
tragedydesu said:
So it's full cgi

No thx bye

I guess you havent seen Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, it also uses CGI and its visually astonishing. Just in general CGI usage in space seems to fit really well because it doesnt seem out of place.

Also no, its not full CGI. There are obv lot of scenes drawn as well.
Sep 20, 2017 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
INB4 elitists revolt because this will make LOTGH accessible for the masses that don't like watching older series.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 20, 2017 6:21 AM

May 2010
I know it sounds like cliche (I mean, it's the worst thing to do: to compare the remake with the original and complain about how bad it is), but I certainly don't like the character design :( Forget Yang, but Reinhard and Kircheis were so splendid in the original...! As for Miyano... Well, it's certainly better choice than Fukuyama (Thanks God!), but still... pretty obvious? Arrrgh. My first impression isn't that good, but let's hope the anime won't be bad.
Sep 20, 2017 6:22 AM

Aug 2015
Lmao, reinhard and kirchstein look like yaoi characters.
Sep 20, 2017 6:23 AM

Oct 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:
INB4 elitists revolt because this will make LOTGH accessible for the masses that don't like watching older series.

i mean the didnt revolt much when eva remade happen
so /shrug

>has half decent series composer
>if my english doesn't fail me, the 12 eps + 3 4 eps movie is gonna cover volume 1 so its not gonna be rushed
>mamoru miyano fits reinhart imho
>the ships visually looks good

pray
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Sep 20, 2017 6:24 AM

Oct 2015
Corvus8 said:

dude you cant stop the shounen ai love :^)
10 bucks fujoshi gonna ship them more in this remake when it airs
Sep 20, 2017 6:25 AM

Oct 2015
oh yea if all goes well and adaptation is semi decent, cant wait for all 4 entry to be top 20 XD
Sep 20, 2017 6:26 AM
May 2015
It looks good.
It seems like they've captured the grand spectacle of the space battles.
Yang and Reinhart look fine, they just need to make Yang look a little less serious and laid back. I'm on the fence with Kirchies.
Sep 20, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
just realised if casuals ever watch it, they gonna fcking call reinhart a light clone or light knockoff and compare him to light yagami :yamete:
Sep 20, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
To be fair the CG looks pretty decent. This reimagining might be worth a watch with the improved visuals.

I do have a question to those who have already watched LOGH though. A few months ago I unfortunately read a spoiler about the story here on MAL.
So DO NOT click this spoiler if you havent watched the series yet. So, the spoiler said that

Is the series still worth watching if I already know about this plot point or no? Or is like the whole tension build up lost knowing this? lol
Sep 20, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2015
I heard it is going to be 12 episodes only + 3 movies in 2019?
Doesn't sound too good.

Char design is okay. (Reinhard reminds me of some other military guy from some other newer anime but I don't know which one.)

The voices ... don't know if I could get used to them.
Music and ship design is okay though. Modern but still nice and I think the music will still feel good in intense battle situations.

I hope Oberstein will get a nice voice. (The guy that did Satou from Ajin would be nice.)
Sep 20, 2017 6:54 AM

Oct 2015
Luthandorius said:
Doesn't sound too good.

Char design is okay. (Reinhard reminds me of some other military guy from some other newer anime but I don't know which one.)

Music and ship design is okay though. Modern but still nice and I think the music will still feel good in intense battle situations.

I hope Oberstein will get a nice voice. (The guy that did Satou from Ajin would be nice.)

>The official title of the new anime project will be Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These and will be receiving TV anime series titled Kaikou on Spring 2018 for 12 episodes, and movie trilogy titled Seiran will be screened in 2019, each part containing 4 episodes and total of 12 episodes. The anime project are eventually anime adaptation of the first volume of the novel titled Dawn.

1 vol, out of 10
it sounds good enuf
Sep 20, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2015
Okay. Have not read the news on MAL here yet. Only saw the vid + someone mentioning about the 12 eps + 3 movies on another forum and thought I'd check the threads on MAL.

That sounds better. Would mean about 24 episode lentgh for 1/10 vols.
If they adapted at the same pacing it could be more than 200 episodes.

Slower than the old OVA.

But then again they are taking toooo much time. Only 12 eps in 2018 and then waiting until 2019.
But I guess the movies make more money instead of a series they could just have made. (Another 12 episodes and making it just 2-cour or split-cour in 2018 / instead of the movies.)
Sep 20, 2017 7:07 AM

Oct 2015
i mea dude, did you forget how much exposition is in the original, modern fans dont got the mental capacity for that huehuehue
Sep 20, 2017 8:14 AM

Jan 2015
Corvus8 said:

Apparently we read very different Yaois...the original Reinhard and Kircheis looked btw way younger and were way more yaoish imo.

Yhuuro said:
To be fair the CG looks pretty decent. This reimagining might be worth a watch with the improved visuals.

I do have a question to those who have already watched LOGH though. A few months ago I unfortunately read a spoiler about the story here on MAL.
So DO NOT click this spoiler if you havent watched the series yet. So, the spoiler said that

Is the series still worth watching if I already know about this plot point or no? Or is like the whole tension build up lost knowing this? lol

Opinions may arguably differ on that point, but I don't think that spoiler takes anything away from the series. I knew it beforehand as well and it didn't bother me. Honestly though, maybe wait for the remake and see how that turns out (unless you have copious amounts of free time on your hand)? Because the Original is fucking long, slow and suffers from any number of issues imo. And I'm not only talking about looks here. The writing isn't nearly as good as some people would have you believe. But that might just be me.
BVerfGSep 20, 2017 9:04 AM
Sep 20, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2013
It looks kinda garbage. I'm not even sure why they're remaking it, the original was pretty perfect and it holds up to this day.. Just money I guess. If that's the case I would have liked it more if they just redrew the original, lol.

The CGI in particular looks quite bad...I mean, the battles weren't really the point of the original, so hopefully they won't focus too much on the visuals of them in this reboot. But this hasn't done a lot to assuage my fears that this isn't a well intentioned reboot.

My big hope is it spurs people more to the original show and gets more people talking about that.
Sep 20, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2014
Character design could have been much much worse. I like the designs but yes its too clean.

IG deserves the trust especially when it comes to these type of anime's.
Sep 20, 2017 9:05 AM

Feb 2015
Yhuuro said:

If you don't know who that character is, then you probably won't find until that he actually dies. That character is never at any point in the series refered to as the king (I assume someone just called him that because they like the character). So yeah, that spoiler is super vague. But even if you knew who that was, the show is still worth watching in my opinion.
Sep 20, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Luthandorius said:
Doesn't sound too good.

>The official title of the new anime project will be Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These and will be receiving TV anime series titled Kaikou on Spring 2018 for 12 episodes, and movie trilogy titled Seiran will be screened in 2019, each part containing 4 episodes and total of 12 episodes. The anime project are eventually anime adaptation of the first volume of the novel titled Dawn.

1 vol, out of 10
it sounds good enuf
Where did you get the info about the anime only adapting 1 volume?
Sep 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
The design is fujoshit, fucking terrible
Sep 20, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2010
Luthandorius said:

I completely forgot about Oberstein! Yes, you're right! Then, again, there's no-one like Kaneto Shiozawa R.I.P., so we shouldn't set our hopes too high, I'm afraid... Although Takumi Yamazaki is quite close, too.
Sep 20, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2010
royaldocks said:
Character design could have been much much worse. I like the designs but yes its too clean.

Yes, I also remembered that terrible art!!! Still, I'm not satisfied :P
Sep 20, 2017 11:00 AM

Aug 2016
That animation is appaling.. the expressions of Reinhard and Yang are totaly different from original.
Sep 20, 2017 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Everyone let's just ignore this. Can we just pretend that this never got announced and deny it's existence forever?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 20, 2017 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
royaldocks said:

IG deserves the trust especially when it comes to these type of anime's.

Studio name means less than nothing, look at the staff list.
It's one thing to say that for studios like shaft or Kyoani, where freelancing is kept to a minimum and few inhouse directors handle the majority of projects, but thats not the case here. When you change from a legend like Ishiguro Noboru to Tada Shunsuke, expect a massive downgrade.
Sep 20, 2017 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
Reinhard looks too much like McGillis Fareed now.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 2017 4:12 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
VanishingKira said:
Starts airing April 2018,Kuroko no Basket's director is apparently directing
That explains why the characters now look like they from Kuroko no Basket LOL xD If LOGH gets any more closer to KNB with (superpower humans, away from the politics)...this is gonna be LOGH on steroids lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 20, 2017 4:34 PM

Aug 2007
Oh god, that Yang Wenli design. Like, why.....

Sep 20, 2017 5:02 PM
Feb 2016
Looks like generic kuroko no basket. I'm watching because it is lotgh but I really really really want to skip it. feels like a great anime would be ruined
Sep 20, 2017 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
The character designs, CGI, and overall tone of the series looks uninspired. I get that they are attempting to appeal to a modern audience, but they should've at least respected the atmosphere and attitude of the original. This trailer wasn't particularly convincing at all. Let's hope this ends up being better than what the trailer has shown us.
Sep 20, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
I hope they won't butcher supporting (or secondary main is fine) characters like Reuenthal, Oberstein, Mittermeyer, etc.

The music is awesome, the CGI ships look sick, and well can't say the same for the character design but I can put up with it if they handle the dialogue well. Voice acting, on the other hand, is a tough spot, gotta wait till the show is aired to decide whether it's good or not.
Sep 20, 2017 6:01 PM

Oct 2015
quukii said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

1 vol, out of 10
it sounds good enuf

read the article where it literally says that ? .-.
the article that comes with this pv ._.
Sep 20, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Actually, I think the 1st series with 12 episodes would cover volume 1 entirely. It is not as unreasonable as it sounds, since volume 1 ends with the Battle of Amritsar which is adapted in episodes 15 and 16 of the OVA. If Production I.G removes most of the OVA-original content, as well as simply not adapting "The Klopstock Incident" and "The Actress Exits" (which were originally from the Gaiden), there should be enough time to cram volume 1 in 12 episodes.
Sep 20, 2017 8:51 PM

Sep 2014
I like the casting choices, but I get the apprehension about the character design, a little generic.

Don't get the "fujo bait" complainers though. Reinhard and Kircheis were ALWAYS fuji bait ;)
Sep 20, 2017 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Scarlett_ryuken said:
quukii said:

read the article where it literally says that ? .-.
the article that comes with this pv ._.
Ah got it, it's in the video description.
Sep 20, 2017 9:52 PM

May 2010
Gaiking said:
VanishingKira said:
Starts airing April 2018,Kuroko no Basket's director is apparently directing
That explains why the characters now look like they from Kuroko no Basket LOL xD If LOGH gets any more closer to KNB with (superpower humans, away from the politics)...this is gonna be LOGH on steroids lol

The same thought here ;)

PaladinAlchemist said:
Don't get the "fujo bait" complainers though. Reinhard and Kircheis were ALWAYS fuji bait ;)

Sooo true! xD
Sep 21, 2017 2:50 AM

Sep 2012
I'm happy with what I've seen in PV. It actually looks better than i expected. I was hoping for anime to pull off Yamato remake quality but it looks even better with some touches on CGI shading (and CGI animation is fluid so thats a relief) - it has it's character and tone. While visualities arent that important in LoGH anyway and can bring out the story and make it more enjoyable I'm just gonna appreciate effort that's clearly been put here as well as good composition choices and inspired background art. LoGH no Basket - yes xD, i want to see Oberstein and Rubinsky xD. I'm also curious about the opening.
Sep 22, 2017 2:12 PM
Jun 2016
They have screwed up Yang's expression tbh. Character design in general is lackluster. Still gonna watch it but would have been happier with a full HD remaster...
Sep 22, 2017 7:32 PM

Jun 2011
I am cool with it. At least the CG doesn't look completely horrible. Looks like it belongs in the world. Would consider watching if it bothered to come here legally.... *sigh*
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 23, 2017 4:47 AM

Sep 2013
And again they are going to kill another masterpiece with 12 eps,CGI and shitty voice actors that don't fit.

Yeah i'll pass
Deep dark fantasies
Nov 7, 2017 9:33 PM

Oct 2017
Looks interesting. The original's artstyle was just way too ugly for me so I couldn't watch it, I'll definitely check this out though
Nov 14, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2017
the trailer looked good animation wise the updated tech was also nice to see but yang doesnt look lazy enough n reinhard looks like tht one guy from iron blooded orphans
Dec 17, 2017 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
OMG HOW COME I MISSED THIS FOR SO LONG???!!!!!
I've been waiting for a trailer for years!!

After I watched it for the first time, I felt like most of the fans here : I was worried about the "bishonen" chara-design. But then I remembered that the old (gold) version's wasn't any better, that the characters were considered somehow effeminate back then and that they looked like many other anime characters from the 80-90s.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE DESIGN WAS NEVER LOGH'S STRONG POINT. I've been trying to introduce so many friends to this awesomeness, but most of them declined because they didn't like the art. And I for one never liked the graphics, but it never mattered because Gineiden has soooo much more to offer! We love LOGH because of its plot, world, characters, dialogues, tactics, music ... And speaking about music, the soundtrack in the PV sounds wonderful! x3

I was never fond of CG animation. But I have to admit I may like it here, because it does look great there, with the battleships and the light effects. Space opera is suited for it.

I just hope they'll stick to the original novel, and keep the soundtracks from the old version (or create ones as good as the originals), and I'm sure it will be another masterpiece.

Can't wait for April 2018!!! X3
CherryCatDec 17, 2017 10:59 PM
Dec 28, 2017 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
I'll pass judgment until I've seen at least the first episode of this.

As for anything that I want to happen, they better get Norio Wakamoto to voice Reuental again!
Dec 29, 2017 6:35 AM
Navel-Gazer

Jun 2015
Personally, I am cautiously optimistic about this; I liked the PV quite a bit, but it IS only 90 seconds long and as such obviously isn't a perfect representation of what we're going to get. We'll just have to wait and see.

What I actually wanted to discuss here is going to be dealing with some of the (very, very) early events of the original OVA (and, in a brief mention, of the Overture to a New War movie); while probably not something that will ~*ruin*~ the watching experience for you (thus, no spoiler toggle), I understand that some people might not want to see that. Consider yourself formally warned.

OK, so: a lot of things in the PV point towards the battle shown being the Astarte battle (for one, it's the first battle of the original OVA, why WOULDN'T it be the same now?; in that case, it was probably also the first part they animated & voiced, so it'd make sense for them to show it off before anything else; perhaps most importantly, I recognise Yang's quote "our fleet is losing the battle right now, but we can still win," from OtaNW, around the 1:12:20 mark, which is something he, interestingly enough, doesn't say in the OVA).

My point is, in the cut that immediately precedes our first good look at Reinhard (around the 0:31 mark) there can be seen, aside from Reinhard & Kircheis and the (navigation?) staff guy in the distance, five red-collared officers (I'll call them RCs for short) and five silver-collared ones (SCs).

Judging by R&K's uniforms, SCs are higher ranked. We know that at some point early in the Astarte battle, Reinhard is visited by the (5) admirals under his command; they intend to voice their concerns about what they perceive as an unfavourable situation, though Rein shuts them down. The five are: Fahrenheit, Merkatz, "Succumbed to Theory" Staaden, "serves him right" Erlache and some fifth guy (Fogel, apparently). We can thus assume that the five SCs are supposed to be them, with the RCs being the likes of Schneider and other randos.

Anyway, in the PV, we can see that two of the SCs have white hair; considering the relative importance of their roles, it's safe to assume that the one who got a hair colour change is Staaden, with Fahrenheit and Merkatz keeping theirs. Therefore: the leftmost SC is Fahrenheit, the rightmost is Merkatz and we lack sufficient information to decide which each of the middle trio is.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I feel strangely reassured now that we have concrete evidence of named characters other than the Primary (Hair) Colour Trio existing in this version. Not that there ever was any doubt, but still... Feels good :-).

P.S.: I am not so vain as to think that I'm the first person to notice this; I'd just thought it strange that no one has explicitly mentioned it yet, so here I am.
phytohormonesJan 12, 2018 9:30 AM
"I stocked this for our last meal. So let's enjoy white rice tonight. But not all of it. We still have tomorrow and the day after that." ~Houjou San

"Anywhere can be paradise, as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy." ~Ikari Yui

"Life is suffering and pain. The world is cursed, its people are cursed, and yet we still wish to live." ~Osa
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.