Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 6:56 PM
Jun 2021
Definitely the first one was better, but still funny 🦌🦌
Jul 28, 12:50 AM
Feb 2023
Comedy dry like deer cracker
Jul 28, 3:55 AM
Jan 2022
poeapklsmk fiction
Jul 28, 7:51 AM
Apr 2023
This manga adap really is as crazy as the Jashin-chan anime adap 😂
Aside from that, this really has an unskippable intro song
Jul 28, 8:16 AM

Dec 2021
Poor Tanukikouji was already getting ready on writing that will to her family xD

In the end though, basically the entire Student Council is now apart of the Deer Club ig... oh expect for poor redhead lol. Hope these musical number become a thing that happen in every episode from now on btw.

Jul 28, 9:00 AM

Feb 2020
This anime deserves the Grammy for best comedy of the year
Jul 28, 10:43 AM
Feb 2022
Kinu is my spirit animal. Always overreacting for everything. The best of the new trio.

Spanish translation:
Kinu es mi animal espiritual. Siempre exagerando por todo. La mejor del nuevo trio.
Jul 28, 10:46 AM

Feb 2011
I love slap stick anime like this. it's been done fantastically before, but this is honestly great.

sucks so many people don't appreciate it, but whatever. broken clocks are only right twice a day and that's the haters.

this is a solid 8/10 so far

Jul 28, 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
As if things weren’t hard enough for Koshitan surviving day to day with the idiots in the deer club, now she gotta worry about the other student council members. Nekoyomada trying to get the club shut down, Chiharu is a Nokotan stan and Tanukikouji is just autistic 💀

Chiharu might be my new fave character. Quiet and composed only to be revealed to be obsessed with Nokotan. How does she keep getting stans like this lmao? She literally just exists and eats deer crackers. Chiharu will fit right in amongst Anko and Bashame.

Be careful what you wish for Koshitan! She spoke the trapped in the storage shed thing into existence. Poor Tanukikouji over there about to have a panic attack and here comes Nokotan to save the day, but just because she has mushrooms growing in there 😭 i really do think she has grass for brains

Most new characters introduced in one episode so far, silly and ridiculous as usual. I’m looking forward to more Chiharu!
Marinate1016Jul 28, 11:23 AM
Jul 28, 11:48 AM
Oct 2013
Oh look, another joke with deer crackers, definitely top humor...
Jul 28, 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
Way weaker than previous eps imo, but I liked how the last bit ended.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jul 28, 12:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The new student council girls are fun additions, I think I like them all more than any of the girls we already knew, at least they’re the most interesting imo. And looks like I’m not the only one who noticed Tsubameya looks very similarly to Ichigo from “Darling in the Franxx”, honestly a win for me because Ichigo is one of my top waifus. And turns out she’s actually super into Nokotan, thank god we have the narrator, otherwise I don’t think I could have ever figured that out lol. Jokes aside, I am starting to dislike the narrator, having a resident joke explainer isn’t working for me.

And Tanukikouji had some wild moments, I enjoyed watching her freak the hell out in the equipment shed, that sight of her covered in mushrooms was cute too, let’s hope those aren’t psychedelics lol. I’m ngl tho, while I thought Nokotan’s song was fun, that reminded me of when Family Guy would cut to Conway Twitty except here it was even more out of place, I think if that was better placed it could have been a better bit but it was still fun at least. And the last of the student council girls is Nekoyamada, I really like her as well, she didn’t have as many moments as the other two this episode but it’s clear she’s hellbent on taking down the deer club, let’s be real tho, she’s gonna end up in the deer club lol.
Jul 28, 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
Hmmm... I've smiled exactly once and that was a reused joke. I guess this is it for me.
Jul 28, 1:20 PM

Mar 2022
14:42

That bird, on the shelf on the right when Chiharu the council member comes home... LOLOLOLOL

That HAS to be deliberate. Colors do match and all.
Cheeky degenerates :D

The deer cracker song by Nokotan... *chefs kiss*
SugoiDekaiOppaiJul 28, 1:34 PM
Jul 28, 2:47 PM

Jul 2016
She carries a folding stool wherever she goes? Cute!
Jul 28, 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Nerdason
This anime deserves the Grammy for best comedy of the year
@Nerdason Konosuba s3 is way more hilarious than this tbh (well, the 2nd half goes a bit downhill but still better than this deer thing)
Jul 28, 4:03 PM

Feb 2022
Tanukikouji is the embodiment of severe anxiety and low self-esteem
Jul 28, 5:01 PM
Jul 2024
This made up for last week's miss of an episode, I was actually laughing during a lot of it. May keep this one after all. Thumbs up!
Jul 28, 6:13 PM
Jul 2023
I liked the student council members, but now I wonder what Neko is going to plan now that Kinu and Chiharu are in the deer club. Peak episode as always.
Jul 28, 6:39 PM

Jan 2020
Scootboi said:
I love slap stick anime like this. it's been done fantastically before, but this is honestly great.

sucks so many people don't appreciate it, but whatever. broken clocks are only right twice a day and that's the haters.

this is a solid 8/10 so far

So many people don’t appreciate it? If anything it’s more than enough people that do. And I haven’t seen many “haters” for this series, just people that genuinely don’t find it funny and dropped it or didn’t care about it
Jul 28, 7:40 PM
Feb 2021
first half was meh, second half was good
Jul 28, 8:32 PM
Oct 2020
Increible episodio, en especial la cancion
Jul 28, 9:49 PM

Jul 2024
The deer girl isn't really I deer I suppose but I've seen humans turned into half deer in the drama deer man..
I thought this anime will be set in nara since you can see deer roaming the streets..

I hope those mushrooms were safe and didn't cause any hallucination..
I thought shikanoko only interested inbeating deer crackers..
I feel sorry for our student counsel president.. She needs to keep everything from going full insane..
Very happy with the anime
Jul 29, 10:48 AM

Jul 2022
One would think the student council would be made up of normal people, but in this case, it's quite the opposite. At this rate, Neko will end up in charge of the student council as she wanted, but she'll be alone since everyone else will join the deer club.
Jul 29, 12:57 PM
Jun 2021
Dude, the theme song is funny, and the angry Nokotan is funny too. Apparently the Deer Club will be the most famous in the school.
Jul 29, 1:03 PM
Jul 2021
funniest episode so far, the deer cracker song is actually good ngl
Jul 29, 2:00 PM
Aug 2022
deer loves deer crackers
Jul 29, 2:20 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Neko is the most interesting new character introduced so far, she was super cute. The rest of the Student Council was forgettable though.

I kind of feel bad for this show, due to the pre-season hype, it was set up to be the next comedy titan. With some claiming it to be the next Nichijou. But I've found this to be OK at best so far. Nothing exactly jumps out at me, with only Shakanoko herself being the one thing that's consistently funny, but it feels as though she hardly gets screen time. Other than that, nothing to write home about.
Jul 29, 4:08 PM

Aug 2023
another surprise comedic.. i laughed a lot this episode.

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jul 29, 5:18 PM
Nov 2022
i really liked how the relationships developped between the student council and the deer club. I also loved the silly song noko made about the crackers! it was super silly and i love that
Jul 29, 9:24 PM

Feb 2016
Oh deer, now I love Nekoyamada too, oh deer ❤️❤️❤️

She is so fkng cute, but what I like the most is her voice, because of her dumb name and loli design I thought she was going to talk like a generic loli saying "nya" in every fkng sentence, but that isn't the case, she talks pretty normal, thanks to Yurika Kubo for that, it has been so long since I heard her as a seiyuu, she was the seiyuu of my og Love Live waifu Hanayo (lol).

Tanuki,s design is also really cute but she is way too crazy dramatic is more scary than funny, and Tsubameya is 😴💤💤💤

Btw I feel sad for Bashame, best girl, she isn't crazy like Anko, she was just eating rice and asking Tsuba what kind of rice she likes, my girl didn't deserved to be throw away like that 😭
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 30, 1:18 AM
Jun 2024
*commits sudoku*
Jul 30, 10:09 AM
Nov 2022
Very good and very funny, I didn't expect Nokotan's song hahahaha
Jul 30, 1:09 PM
Mar 2023
Ngl, even in ep 4 I'm still watching the outro. It's just so good!
Jul 30, 1:40 PM
Oct 2020
nah very cute fr, im hyped with a deer anime.
Jul 30, 5:02 PM

Aug 2022
Shikanoko is giving out grass and grows mushrooms in this episode. Hmm. Not sure if the series is implying she's actually a drug dealer. 🙃

Code0018 said:
Tsubameya's appearance looked so similar to Ichigo from DitF

the_joe said:
Darling in the Franxx. Ichigo.

Glad I wasn't alone thinking that Chiharu does resemble DitF's Ichigo. 🙃

Even her character page on the Nokotan wiki points out this striking resemblance.
Jul 30, 10:26 PM
Apr 2023
like the inclusion of the student council, the randomness is a great for the series very reminiscent of nichijou. I like the new characters and like to see where the series goes.
Jul 31, 12:32 AM
Jan 2021
NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Aug 2, 3:52 PM
Jun 2023
After each episode I just need to like sit in silence, look through the window, and wonder what did i just witness. And then i watch the next episode and the cycle continues
Aug 3, 7:42 AM
Mar 2021
In Episode 4 of My Deer Friend Nokotan, titled "Deer Club Under Siege," the narrative delves into the school’s student council politics. Koshi, determined to improve Hinomiami High School, faces resistance from Neko, the vice president, who secretly plots to ruin Koshi's Deer Club. The episode explores the dynamics among the student council members, revealing their distinct personalities and ambitions.

The humor is spot-on, particularly in Nokotan's whimsical musical number about a lone deer cracker, which adds a delightful touch to the episode. Key moments include Koshi's efforts to win over her peers and Nokotan's endearing innocence shining through during various interactions​.

Overall, Episode 4 offers a compelling blend of comedy and drama, deepening the storyline and setting up future conflicts. It successfully maintains the series' charm while introducing new elements that keep viewers engaged and eager for the next installment.
Aug 4, 11:20 PM
Jul 2019
The little sister is kinda weirding me out a little but it's otherwise solid. I also feel like this episode is implying that every character is a lesbian a bit and I hope that turns into something.
Aug 5, 9:31 AM
May 2023
Good episode, we already know who the club's enemy is (well, actually only Koshi's) although he will surely end up regretting it or something and will join the group or no longer seek to destroy it (typical)
A terrible socio-political conflict broke out for not presenting some papers correctly.... so real (no joke, maybe someone knows what I'm talking about)
Shikanoko grows mushrooms, can you imagine she starts selling and trafficking them? hahaha I would love to see that but I highly doubt it will happen
Aug 5, 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
The songs in this show are really quite weird, but this episode was definitely funnier than the last, so that's good.
Aug 6, 5:53 AM
Sep 2019
Chiharu is an interesting one
Kinu's self esteem reminds me of BA's Haruka
Nekoyama cute and funny
Nokotan is growing shrooms on school grounds

Hinominami High School is peaceful as well today
Aug 7, 1:41 AM
Feb 2015
The song that Nokotan sing, it unnecessarily good. Truly one of anime of all time. Everyone in council club is turning to Deer club member.
Aug 11, 2:33 PM

Jun 2015

If you don't like this anime, you're not a real anime fan.
Aug 12, 3:20 PM

Sep 2017
That song was lowkey fire ngl
هیچوقت بهتر نمیشه
Aug 14, 1:19 PM
Aug 2022
literally fire like booyah
Aug 17, 6:55 AM
Jun 2024
absolute peak no questions asked
Aug 19, 1:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're introducing more and more characters, that's fun, and lmao the mushrooms at the end poor girl
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

159 by horridd »»
5 hours ago

» Lmfao this anime has reached the peak of marketing 😂

Moonshine_cookie - Jul 9

12 by sillycoffecatof7 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jul 10

218 by horridd »»
Yesterday, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 3

462 by horridd »»
Yesterday, 3:01 PM

» Am I the only one who finds this not funny?

someguy - Sep 27

24 by Serafos »»
Oct 20, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.