Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
That maze definitely seems like an unique factor in this show, much more interesting than the generic dungeons we've seen. Plus, that maze had a reward for anyone that can get through it.

Rent met a girl this episode that also developed somewhat of a bond with him. Gotta say though, he continues to make impressions in his journey.
Mar 15, 6:42 AM
Jul 2023
Rentt characteristics and perseverance are tested and he’s aptly rewarded for overcoming the tests .

Now once in a lifetime option is in his hand, the option to abandon his past powerless self and to become something more, at the risk of losing everything permanently.
Mar 15, 6:56 AM

Aug 2017
As a tea lover that item sounds fun, but I would probably pick it just to sell it for the money.

Nooo, I wanted to see the results, but oh well that will be saved for the last episode.
Mar 15, 6:56 AM

May 2021
Of course they are going to make us wait for a whole week before we find out what happens when he drinks is. Good thing we had an eyeful of walking this episode. That maze looked so excising and gratifying content to watch.
Mar 15, 7:03 AM

Dec 2022
so is he gonna drink it or not well just have to see next episode
who knows maybe he drinks it dies there's a funeral and thats the end
that would certainly make it the most unique anime by killing the mc at the last epsode of the first season without warning
Mar 15, 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to MeanEYE
Of course they are going to make us wait for a whole week before we find out what happens when he drinks is. Good thing we had an eyeful of walking this episode. That maze looked so excising and gratifying content to watch.
@MeanEYE I guess it make sense for transformation happen if final episode as it's end of one and beginning of other phase of Rentts life.
Mar 15, 7:13 AM

Feb 2024
one more episode to GO!!! if the season finale is a good as the previous episodes then i might have to give this show a 10/10
Mar 15, 7:32 AM

May 2021
Reply to Tenzen12
@MeanEYE I guess it make sense for transformation happen if final episode as it's end of one and beginning of other phase of Rentts life.
@Tenzen12 whole episode of walking through a maze is not entertaining. What was the point of it anyway. It was there to take up time. It could have been easily replaced by some challenge or dungeon or whatever else with same purpose and it would be more interesting. But this way they can reuse shots and make it feel longer.
Mar 15, 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
Looks like we'll see vampire Rentt next week. He might only need blood flowers to survive, so we might not see those Lorraine scenes anymore...

Only one episode left? We have a lot to finish. Didn't expect much from this show anyway, but let's see what happens next week.

Mar 15, 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I already love Laura Latour, extremely cute and funny. Got a little bratty side to her too. Correction needed 😭

After completing that maze, anyone deserves a reward. It’s wild seeing all the various items the Latour family have collected. I mean Laura having a 200 platinum teapot alone is insane, who knows what the total value of that collection is.

But who tf leaves a golem around without the kill switch lmao. Should’ve definitely given Rentt a heads up that he was anywhere near that. Good thing he’s so OP, that could’ve been fatal for anyone else.

Wait so he did take the vampire blood? And the mana airship? How did he get two rewards, must’ve missed something. Either way he deserved it for the whole golem fiasco lol.

Guessing we’ll see rentt finally become a vampire next week, that’s what the whole series has been building up to anyway. I wonder what drawbacks it’ll have though. Lorraine was so concerned, always nice to see her act like a normal maiden in love.

Fun ep
Marinate1016Mar 15, 8:21 AM
Mar 15, 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to MeanEYE
@Tenzen12 whole episode of walking through a maze is not entertaining. What was the point of it anyway. It was there to take up time. It could have been easily replaced by some challenge or dungeon or whatever else with same purpose and it would be more interesting. But this way they can reuse shots and make it feel longer.
@MeanEYE It wasn't whole episode though. It was 6 minutes (I checked). Tea time included. And while I respect your love for anime original fillers, I would rather avoid such thing
Mar 15, 8:57 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Yea I already love Laura Latour, extremely cute and funny. Got a little bratty side to her too. Correction needed 😭

After completing that maze, anyone deserves a reward. It’s wild seeing all the various items the Latour family have collected. I mean Laura having a 200 platinum teapot alone is insane, who knows what the total value of that collection is.

But who tf leaves a golem around without the kill switch lmao. Should’ve definitely given Rentt a heads up that he was anywhere near that. Good thing he’s so OP, that could’ve been fatal for anyone else.

Wait so he did take the vampire blood? And the mana airship? How did he get two rewards, must’ve missed something. Either way he deserved it for the whole golem fiasco lol.

Guessing we’ll see rentt finally become a vampire next week, that’s what the whole series has been building up to anyway. I wonder what drawbacks it’ll have though. Lorraine was so concerned, always nice to see her act like a normal maiden in love.

Fun ep
@Marinate1016 He got airship as Apology for golem incident.
Mar 15, 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
The time to evolve once again has dawned upon us.
Mar 15, 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
Another fun and epic episode with Rentt's adventures.
I also finally got to see the Laura Latour getting adapted. She's so lovely and cunning as I imagined. 🥰😳
CrazyButNot4UMar 15, 10:45 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 15, 11:08 AM
Oct 2010
I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't shown the sudden powerup; would she have held back the command and let it go on until it killed him? Moot point since he passed her test but instead it seemed he ended up intriguing her.

With how odd and reclusive the Latour family is in town, I'm guessing that she's in the vampire camp and that blood was either hers or related to how she became one herself.
Mar 15, 12:03 PM

Nov 2014
I really hope he does actually drink it.
Mar 15, 12:25 PM

Sep 2016
So Laura is a vampire huh, so I guess it wasn't a rumor.
Also, the reason why his servant wasn't put off by Rentt's appearence when he first met him is because he is a vampire underling like him, although the perk of becoming a vampire servant starting from humanoid in flesh is different than becoming a vampire servant-like being from a ghoulish undead body, lol.
Elf-san can still walk around with normal skin like a human being, Rentt cannot, yet.

My fear about Rentt drinking the blood is that he could become the servant of Laura, possibly, because it probably is her blood in that vial.
But I think it will not work as Rentt is not a human currently, so the servitude contract will not form, and he will just become a vampire without being her servant.
This is what is going to happen, in my opinion, if I have to make a guess.
FullyChargedMar 15, 12:33 PM
bruh
Mar 15, 12:29 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Marinate1016

Fun ep
@Marinate1016

inb4: I didn't read the source material.

About "But who tf leaves a golem around without the kill switch lmao. Should’ve definitely given Rentt a heads up that he was anywhere near that. Good thing he’s so OP, that could’ve been fatal for anyone else."

I think she did that on purpose to mess with him/test him.
The timing of them finding the kill switch, just before Rentt destroyed the golem with his ultimate, is too perfect.
Almost like they waited until the last second while already having the kill switch on hand.

And Rentt still getting the vampire blood is also not a coincidence, considering the scene with Laura and her elf underling after Rentt was sent off (kinda proof that they are a vampire and her servant respectively), they definitely, IMO, set up that ruse so they could give him the vampire blood in addition to whatever he chose as an apology, in case he didn't pick the blood in the first place.
bruh
Mar 15, 12:30 PM

Feb 2019
FullyCharged said:
@Marinate1016

About "But who tf leaves a golem around without the kill switch lmao. Should’ve definitely given Rentt a heads up that he was anywhere near that. Good thing he’s so OP, that could’ve been fatal for anyone else."

The timing of them finding the kill switch, just before Rentt destroyed the golem with his ultimate, is too perfect.
Almost like they waited until the last second while already having the kill switch on hand.

And Rentt still getting the vampire blood is also not a coincidence, considering the scene with Laura after Rentt was sent off, they definitely, IMO, set up that ruse so they could give him the vampire blood in addition to whatever he chose as an apology, in case he didn't pick the blood in the first place.

Yea that makes sense. Could see that
Mar 15, 12:30 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
What an impressive teapot that was. That maze really was quite cunningly wrought. The scene with the vault sure featured a great mix of tension and music. Magic items sure come in a variety of sizes i see. The Latour family were indeed a pretty curious one. And its curious that there only seemed to be only two people living in such a large house. Question is what would Rentt choose for his next move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 12:36 PM

Apr 2022
all this buildup and he didn't even drink it :(
Mar 15, 12:56 PM

Dec 2018
Very interesting episode. I don't know how that blood will affect Rentt but it seems to me like it wouldn't be a normal reaction based on the fact he's undead. Let's pray for the best. Also good for him for making friends with another vampire (I assume that's what that girl is). Maybe the flowers can cure vampirism?
Mar 15, 1:11 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to FullyCharged
@Marinate1016

And Rentt still getting the vampire blood is also not a coincidence, considering the scene with Laura and her elf underling after Rentt was sent off (kinda proof that they are a vampire and her servant respectively), they definitely, IMO, set up that ruse so they could give him the vampire blood in addition to whatever he chose as an apology, in case he didn't pick the blood in the first place.
@FullyCharged If that was true, this whole ruse could have been ruined 5 minute after coming to storage. If Rentt took drone, that would be end of it...
Mar 15, 4:46 PM
Jun 2015
Reply to FullyCharged
@Marinate1016

@FullyCharged

Mar 15, 4:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The maze ended up being more than just a normal maze, and that was because it would teleport you to the beginning lol, when Rentt was told not to look at the sun I was thinking they meant literally but it was actually a hint to look at the sun, cool little reveal there. And upon making it to the mansion Rentt was given the choice of a reward by Laura Latour who I was thinking was the elf guy’s little sister or something but she’s actually the master lol, she’s got a nice design and I like her as a character from what we saw, and after reading some posts in this thread I do like the theory that she is a vampire herself.

And after seeing those magic items they almost remind me of items we have irl, like that remote control airship which acts like a drone at the same time, as well as that bouncy ball. But then you also had the teapot that doesn’t need tea leaves and the giant robot golem so I guess they aren’t all like that lol, and speaking of the golem that was a situation that could have easily been avoided with a little warning or a better placement of the off button but I did enjoy the brief fight Rentt had with it lol. In the end, Rentt ended up choosing the remote control airship and also the vampire’s blood he found at the end, this is definitely leading to Rentt becoming a vampire on the final episode, it’s been a long time coming so I’m looking forward to seeing Rentt’s new look, I’ll miss this one when it’s gone for sure.
TheColonel76Mar 15, 5:00 PM
Mar 15, 6:47 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Tenzen12
@FullyCharged If that was true, this whole ruse could have been ruined 5 minute after coming to storage. If Rentt took drone, that would be end of it...
@Tenzen12

If you remember, Rentt "leaned by mistake" on a piece of the golem and his magic activated it.

I bet they prepared plenty of pieces of the golem Rentt could have "leaned on by mistake" even if he went straight for the drine xD
bruh
Mar 15, 7:03 PM

Feb 2019
i'm guessing that latour family head is a vampire herself, and what will rentt do with the vampire blood? he's definitely tempted to drink it since it's in his nature to do so, but will he or won't he? hmm...
Mar 15, 7:33 PM
Jul 2022
She's definately a vampire, that's how her family became so rich. It's her blood in the vial too... right? Drinking it will make the drinker her minion. This season is gonna end on a cliffhanger :/
Mar 15, 7:39 PM

Sep 2023
Rentt couldn't resist the appeal of the vampire blo... I mean the RC plane xD
Mar 15, 8:11 PM
Apr 2023
Well he's already a ghast so maybe the blood will make him evolve into a proper vampire and hopefully look more human-like and less of a ghoul.
At least from there, he could strive to become the higher forms of a vampire and achieve immunity from sunlight and thirst of blood.
Mar 15, 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
Rentt going to the Latour mansion, only to get lost in the garden labyrinth, he's going to have to take a strategy here.

On the way, stopping at a pavilion, which houses the head of the family, a girl named Laura, for a tea break, Rentt takes the offer. But a teapot which can replicate the taste of tea without tea leaves, it's quite the magic item, one of which attracts her is Rentt's mask which hides his ghastly appearance. Once again, the sun comes up as a hint, though he soon realizes that the sun teleports its way randomly, taking him almost the entire afternoon to figure the maze out. Once he does, he is given a reward to get a magic item from the vast labyrinth collector's storage, some useful and many others useless like toys, one of which is an airship which is a good scouting item that unfortunately burns mana at a quick rate.

However, in the search of a useful item, a mana golem is instead powered up, which disrupts their process. More or less, they do have shutdown devices, but finding one for this is extremely cumbersome, and Laura stopped it with the magical tongue. Going further in, one potion catches Rentt's interest: the blood of a vampire, though it's of quite high value. Instead, the airship is what Rentt chose, plus Isaac granting him the vampire blood potion.

Laura can finally ingest the Dragonblood flower for recovery, and Rentt...will he take the plunge to become a vampire?
Mar 16, 2:38 AM

Feb 2014
A whole episode that felt like a filler.

A tea pot that can replicate any drink it held in the past really sounds like something expensive, but if 1 platinum can make someone's life change, that teapot doesn't worth 300 platinum, you can tell the author didn't think through the economy of this story.

Besides, "sorry I didn't find the key", "no, sorry I didn't stop the golem", "no, sorry I touch your stuff", really?

I really enjoyed this anime when it started, but it turned plain so quickly. I am still curious about the story but is it even doing well enough for a season 2?
Mar 16, 3:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was worried for a second that Rentt ended up NOT taking the vampire blood, in place of that remote controlled airship, just for a gag. This would've been a pretty lame episode (apart from an Echinda tea party) otherwise, because of course we're probably wanting to if Rentt can succeed in becoming a vampire. And besides that, just him discussing with Lorraine whether or not to take it makes for some interesting conversation as well.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Mar 16, 8:04 AM
Apr 2021
Nice episode I love the fantasy aspect in this show it’s so cool seeing these magical items that this world uses and shit it’s really intriguing to me that’s why I love this show it really makes me love the fantasy genre even more

I LOVEEEEE Laura’s design the colour of her hair, the colour of her eyes, the way she smiles like she looks so cute in her outfit and shit and her attitude makes her even 10x better I love everything about her😍🥰😍🥰💜

She’s also a troll who loves seeing Rentt’s reactions to the magical items and him struggling with the golem he was battling like she really had a smile on her face bro was fighting for his life😭😭😭

Like everyone else here is saying I’m pretty sure as well that Laura is a vampire herself and maybe that might be her blood in that vial which she gave to Rentt, I wonder if he does he’d become her familiar or something?🤔

So much to wonder yet there’s only one episode left mannnnnn I’m so sad bc I really love this show and look forward to it every Friday😭☹️😭😭
Mar 16, 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
I think that He will drink it :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 16, 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
I love this anime!
The moment he saw that vampire blood, I was like, "Oh shit, there's your ticket to get out of being a ghoul!" The tension went up dramatically when he was contemplating on drinking it. Good writing.

Frieren would definitely love Laura's collection for sure.

Janethan23Mar 16, 11:32 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 16, 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
I love the music in this show, its like in Skyrim, it just adds so much to the setting and makes it more magical.

Lol he took the drone.

I really hope this gets a second season, I doubt reading the LN would be as good S this show with its great designs.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 16, 9:39 PM

Nov 2012
Guessing Laura is the only LaTour and has been for centuries. That's probably her blood.
Mar 17, 2:15 AM
Sep 2020
oh yea, nice episode
Mar 17, 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
i'm guessing that latour family head is a vampire herself, and what will rentt do with the vampire blood? he's definitely tempted to drink it since it's in his nature to do so, but will he or won't he? hmm...
@LeenPhoenixRae Well vampirism hasn't been described how it works in the anime so i can only say this in spoilers, even though it's technically not a spoiler.

Mar 17, 6:56 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
This cliffhanger is crazy. Drink the blood, rennttooo :)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 18, 5:18 AM

Oct 2017
The Latour girl has a mysterious vibe to her, interested to find out more about them. But for now lets see what happens to Rentt. He got a fun toy too.
Mar 19, 9:52 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to BetaMaleUltra
Was worried for a second that Rentt ended up NOT taking the vampire blood, in place of that remote controlled airship, just for a gag. This would've been a pretty lame episode (apart from an Echinda tea party) otherwise, because of course we're probably wanting to if Rentt can succeed in becoming a vampire. And besides that, just him discussing with Lorraine whether or not to take it makes for some interesting conversation as well.
@BetaMaleUltra
Echinda tea party
I wondered if anyone else had gotten that same thought during the tea scene haha.
Mar 19, 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
The maze completion was so disappointing. 10 seconds ago "Do I have to start over again?" and then suddenly he is out of a maze???? Really disappointing, I wanted to see him figuring it out, but it all happened offscreen.
HirugikuMar 20, 8:30 AM
Mar 20, 4:19 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Hirugiku
The maze completion was so disappointing. 10 seconds ago "Do I have to start over again?" and then suddenly he is out of a maze???? Really disappointing, I wanted to see him figuring it out, but it all happened offscreen.
@Hirugiku You seen him to figure it out though. Once Rentt figured trick, there were no reason to drag it out.
Mar 23, 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
Lorraine: i don't mind u staying as undead

necrophilia confirmed lol
Mar 23, 6:06 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ Rentt doing the maze.

Tho.. we didn't really see him solving the "teleportation"... he figured out it's teleportation, but never explained how he got around it.

Hmm... magic collecting little girl... that just collect anything that's infused with magic regardless of their functions.

Kinda blah really... all these interesting things, and all kept underground where no one can see it... should just make a giant museum or something to showcase these magic items.

BTW... DRONES... LOL

Also....

"where's the shut down device"

"we put it somewhere separate to be safe"

WHAT?... Why would you do that? safety devices should always be near, so it can be SAFE... why separate it?... sounds like you want it to be UNSAFE...

It's like putting a Fire extinguisher in next room from the Kitchen cause "it's safe in a separate room"... LOL

Meanwhile... Rentt is fighting for his Life and the little girl is just... ( ・ᴗ・) "this is interesting"

Also... so Rentt took the Drone too... and he's using it to "peek" at Lorraine... hehe, very fun indeed, LOL.
amlgMar 23, 6:12 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 24, 6:10 AM
Mar 2021
Anime with on of the more realistic plots. Also nice when MC is not overpowert right from the start. Awesome evolution of the MC
Apr 10, 2:13 PM
Jun 2012
Another fine episode.
Apr 17, 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
I have a hunch that family might be a vampire clan. judging from the collection, she's been collecting them for a long time.

I think Rentt would actually become part of that family after drinking the blood.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Most underrated anime this season!

Raptors0verlord - Jan 20

37 by ColourWheel »»
Oct 14, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

119 by dhell26 »»
Oct 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8

37 by Magicmist »»
Sep 25, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1

75 by Magicmist »»
Sep 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23

57 by Magicmist »»
Sep 11, 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.