3It was OK
15.8%
2Disliked it
5.3%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.2
76 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode focused more on those triplet girls and the younger kids. A few glimpses of their past were shown that I thought were meaningful.

At the same time, I find their behavior to be very human. The curiousity of kids and what they find are amusing to watch in this series. Besides that, I think these kids just behave the way kids do when at home together. Cute episode.
Stark700Sep 17, 2017 8:52 AM
Sep 17, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
The cat girls on the hunt for someone more beautiful than their sister and they managed to find some beauties but no one could beat their sister in their opinion.
It was nice watching them tho.
Also the part with the tails was nice.
Sep 17, 2017 8:28 AM
Feb 2014
This anime is almost done and I still don't know what this show is about. I'm gonna say slice of life with cute characters doing cute things but then there was that heavy episode 2 weeks ago that came out of nowhere.
Sep 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2015
Sue-chan is no doubt adorable. And this episode reveals more about her and the twins daily activity more. I wonder if I can survive against this cuteness until last week. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 17, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2012
Sue-chan's adorable so no wonder 6 legged dogs abduct her! Flowers have many names, as do shapes and tails and pants for tails and beauty.
animefan8800Sep 17, 2017 9:21 AM
Sep 17, 2017 9:30 AM

Jun 2015
Sue-chan is so cute. It was interesting to see a six-legged dog. Shino learned some things about different kinds of plants and shapes. It was amusing to see the triplets looking for someone prettier than their sister.
Sep 17, 2017 9:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol this show is fucking adorable

animefan8800 said:
Sue-chan's adorable so no wonder 6 legged dogs abduct her! Flowers have many names, as do shapes and tails and pants for tails and beauty.

aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
Sep 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
Waaah. An episode which focused on the triplets and Himeno's cousin Shino-chan. My weak heart. And Sue-chan is so freaking cute, I wanna hug her so tight. When that dog grabbed her and put her in his dog house, though. Lmfao.

We all know Suu-chan is the prettiest in the show, alright? Jeez. Let's state the obvious, maaan. I'm not being sarcastic here, I love Suu-chan. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 17, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was too much. So unbelievably adorable. Goodness gracious.
Sep 17, 2017 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
Am I the only one thinking that the main character for this show has shifted from Himeno into Manami????

I mean, I only know little about Himeno considering he's the main character, but Manami, we get to see her dad, her sisters, even her looks during her childhood.

Not to mention, the ED is about her reaching the sky
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Sep 17, 2017 11:16 AM

Sep 2015
The angel life is much more interesting than the centaur life, at this point I think would be valid they change the title.
Sep 17, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Shino the plant master showing off her knowledge.
The triplet and sue doing their thing.
Sep 17, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
ariel_nugie said:
Am I the only one thinking that the main character for this show has shifted from Himeno into Manami????

I mean, I only know little about Himeno considering he's the main character, but Manami, we get to see her dad, her sisters, even her looks during her childhood.

Yeah, it feels like at least 50% of each episode is about her. The could've named the show Angel no Nayami and noone would've doubted it.
Sep 17, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
This episode basically followed the kiddy entourage around on their everyday lives.
It was pretty entertaining to watch too. Suu is cute as heck, but you gotta feel sorry for her always getting frightened and abducted, even by 6 armed dogs...

Can't believe this is ending next week already. Guess I'll pick up the manga after this is over.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2017 2:18 PM
Jun 2017
What? Are they trying to over-cutify Kobayashi's Dragon Maid? Close, but not close enough!
Sep 17, 2017 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
@TacticalFX @ariel_nugie @shiro_kai

This show doesn't have a main character. I'd say the synopsis and the title failed this series in that respect. You can't get a grasp on the big picture by only looking at one perspective, so this show takes a look at many.
It's like picking a main character for Tsuredure Children. It doesn't really work.

@mandorallen

This show has multiple themes and lessons to it and most of them are actually pretty wise takes on life. It points out discrimination, being happy with one's self, growing up, etc. It's a very deep show that tries to come off as anything but.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Sep 17, 2017 4:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
shiro_kai said:
The angel life is much more interesting than the centaur life, at this point I think would be valid they change the title.

TacticalFX said:
Yeah, it feels like at least 50% of each episode is about her. The could've named the show Angel no Nayami and noone would've doubted it.

Manami was my favorite character from the manga.
Sep 17, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
It was a sweet learning episode.
Sep 17, 2017 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
To be honest, the plant part was agonizing for me. The little centaurs and the new angel kid didn't pull off adorableness, they were just super annoying and almost rage-inducing, the sequence wasn't funny or entertaining or interesting, and it just kept on dragging and dragging. Chi-chans and their household are pretty nice characters but they get a bit too much screen time. I still like the original trio (Hime, Nozomi and Kyouko) the most, and would really enjoy an episode focusing on Nozomi or Kyouko.
Sep 17, 2017 11:05 PM

May 2015
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!

I found this episode really fun and entertaining. The plant talk and shape talk was from the elder sister to the younger, but for some reason I found the shapes to be like a hidden analogy about people being unique. All of us are human, but we all have different names and shapes. I'm probably overthinking it, but that's how I saw it.

And Manami talking about being the prettiest and then telling the kids that they will be the prettiest when they grow up. She even asked "Did you find anyone prettier than me?" I doubt they could since she is like their mother, and you know how kids look up to their mothers (well most of them...).

A 5/5 episode from me. Manami just wins.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:56 AM
Sep 18, 2017 1:53 AM

Nov 2009
I feel the graphics didn't do justice to the kids' cuteness today. The episode would be perfect otherwise.

ariel_nugie said:

Manga takes its time to explore Himeno's family too. But except for her niece, it's all big adults, not cute little catgirls.

SaigoKensei said:

This show doesn't have a main character. I'd say the synopsis and the title failed this series in that respect. You can't get a grasp on the big picture by only looking at one perspective, so this show takes a look at many.

The name is actually fitting to the manga's pilot chapter (chapter 0, 1st part of episode 4). From that point on, it's an "artifact title".

mandorallen said:
This anime is almost done and I still don't know what this show is about. I'm gonna say slice of life with cute characters doing cute things but then there was that heavy episode 2 weeks ago that came out of nowhere.

It is a slice-of-life that tries to be more than just Cute Girls Doing Cute Things.
Sep 18, 2017 6:11 AM
Dec 2015
I really want to know about Minami mother. Did her mother marry into the family or the father. By seeing most of the angel kind, they seem to be powerful/influential position.
anirudhsukiSep 18, 2017 6:15 AM
Sep 18, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2016
flannan said:
I feel the graphics didn't do justice to the kids' cuteness today. The episode would be perfect otherwise.

ariel_nugie said:

Manga takes its time to explore Himeno's family too. But except for her niece, it's all big adults, not cute little catgirls.

SaigoKensei said:

The name is actually fitting to the manga's pilot chapter (chapter 0, 1st part of episode 4). From that point on, it's an "artifact title".

mandorallen said:

It is a slice-of-life that tries to be more than just Cute Girls Doing Cute Things.

As the opening post says, I was focusing on the anime only. :P

Not only have I not read the source, this isn't the place for that.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Sep 18, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
So cute! That part were the girls tell that they looked everywhere to find someone prettier but they couldn't find was adorable!
Sep 19, 2017 6:12 AM

May 2017
the trios are biased, Hime is prettier than Tama ~and hotter, personality wise a lot better too. Tama is a no fun allowed edgy byotch
Sep 19, 2017 6:43 PM

Feb 2013

Overcute episode. Don't even know what will happen in next. Really, there is no genre at all.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Sep 19, 2017 9:55 PM

Nov 2009
TsundeReaper said:
the trios are biased, Hime is prettier than Tama ~and hotter, personality wise a lot better too. Tama is a no fun allowed edgy byotch

I think it was the point. Tama is their idea of "beautiful", so they can't find anybody more beautiful than Tama.
Sep 20, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
So it turns out I'm like the adults and see all flowers as a kind of weed in need of cutting. (The flowers and crap that grow around our house are annoying as heck and grow way too fast). Anyway episode was DEEP AS HELL ITSELF. NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN'T BE. If a triangle can be a square than I SHALL BE A TOASTER. I WILL TOAST ALL OF YOUR TOAST.

Aside from that, this episode was strangely educational and I learned a whole lot about drawing outfits with tail holes, but the animation just seemed a bit strange in places. Good episode anyway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 22, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2010
Xasthur said:

Overcute episode. Don't even know what will happen in next. Really, there is no genre at all.

Ha, didn't even notice that. Was more distracted by Himeno's apparent Herculean strength lol. Seriously, she lifts a centaur child with 1 arm while carrying another child with the other... like it's nothing.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 22, 2017 10:52 PM
Mar 2012
all the cuteness & beauty searching so thought provoking lol
6 legged dog ya
Sep 23, 2017 11:11 AM

Oct 2008
Sue still moe as ever!
Tail holder has never been this complicated!
Indeed Manami is the current prettiest in this series!
4/5.
matias067Sep 23, 2017 11:32 AM

Sep 23, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Straight forward slice of life. It's at its least interesting when its not dealing with anything unique to the universe its set in. So when its not dealing with the anatomy or relationships among races.
Sep 26, 2017 5:20 AM

Mar 2009
flannan said:

It's too bad about the art, yeah. Still, the seiyuu do a great job with the Chi-chans and Sue-chan. They're adorable either way.

Sep 26, 2017 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
Sue is to fucking adorable with her cute little face and her "mew mew" and "nee-nee". Muh fucking heart is melting.

Gotta say, the Chi triplets have shit taste. Their pre-school teacher Ryuko was pretty damn hot. Way better than their stern, lecturing washboard sister.
Oct 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
What a sweet little Mitama's little sister. Though in its simplicity, the episode has, however, been worthwhile for some of the examples it has shown. I am sad only for the fact that the quality of designs has become very low in the last episode, oh well!

Tarotist said:

You guys would, wouldn't you?

Why not! I would also like a sister so cute. <3
Oct 11, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2014

I think I laughed at that way more than I should. The humor is the one thing I like the most in this show. It feels much more "natural" compared to the usual loud tsukkomi routine you find in most anime.

And it's always adorable when Shino tries to act like an Onee-san by copying Hime.
Oct 19, 2017 7:18 AM

May 2012
Well that was a pretty cute episode! Up to the last one!
Oct 20, 2017 8:03 AM

Nov 2013
this proves why i think the best part of this anime is the interaction between Manami and her sisters =D

Hime is nice and all...the 2 girlfriends are also cool... but, nothing compared to this 5 =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Nov 19, 2017 3:00 AM

Nov 2013
But Manami IS most beautiful character in this anime.
Dec 3, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2018
Okay, it seems like they ran out of topics to talk about like three episodes ago, when they introduced all the sociopolitical themes. Talking about variations of flowers and tails is more like kindergarten talk than a show about the life of upgrowing women, if you ask me. The rest was still good though, at least in the way that it's a show that tackles topics of puberty in a modern. But what was with the prez's tail? Did I miss it or why does she seem to miss hers?
Jul 29, 2019 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
Another pretty chill episode, maybe a bit too calm.
Apr 9, 2020 12:35 PM

May 2015
Awwwwww, such a cute episode! I love the little white haired girl and Hime's cousin. They're so adorable!!! Especially the scenes where the cousin wants Hime's affection. Ah my heart!

Im so happy we're back to normal stuff. Now all this series needs to do is end with this sort of thing and it'll be fine. All I'll have to do is skip episode 9 everytime I re-watch it.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 7, 2020 5:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really weird part with the tails, it's ambiguous xD
May 7, 2020 5:37 PM

Mar 2019
I love geometry and cones
Apr 4, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2010
The lessons about different flowers having different names, as well as the children's toys having different geometric shapes and colors, are great metaphors for not generalizing people.

I'm trying to imagine who the target audience of this anime is. The manga was published in a seinin serialization, but a lot of these lessons seems better suited for teenagers to young adults, when they can start comprehending worldly complexities. This particular episode, however, seems tailored for children, where it takes a rudimentary approach to explaining the inaccuracies of generalizations, and the importance of being mindful to the differences between groups. It's certainly a hard balance to strike, as the characters would want to treat everyone the same, yet also not ignore differing needs and cultural standards.

That aside, the tail exercises were disgustingly cute. It reminds me of something I'd see in Hanamaru Kindergarten. It even played into how certain people grow physically at different rates, and it's not something to be ashamed of. Again, this isn't a bad lesson, but I'm not exactly sure who the main target audience is.
Apr 28, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2019
super cute little cats :3
Jan 19, 2022 11:45 PM

Sep 2018
This anime peaks when the episode mainly revolves around the neko trio and their little sister, plus all their little friends. Adorable and also hilarious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.