3It was OK
6.5%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.7
93 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I liked this episode, it had a fair amount of tense moments and anti hero ideals. Jiro also reflects a bit more about Jin.

For some reason, this guy reminds me Lelouch.

The whole conflict the Bureau members faces is interesting as it approaches their supernatural world with what they want to fight for. Can't wait to see finale of the first cour.
Stark700Dec 20, 2015 7:18 AM
Dec 20, 2015 7:35 AM

Aug 2014
OMG, awesome!

And next ep we'll see finally some more Jiro on fire. :D
Dec 20, 2015 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Now that's the "Tension" I rarely find on this Series. Still curious about what'll happen next to Kikko.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 20, 2015 8:12 AM
Jul 2011
By the way Голубая Лайка = The Blue Husky

Also reference to the first dog in space (no retrieve to Earth provided).
Dec 20, 2015 8:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
All I gotta say is 20/10
Dec 20, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
Also I am pretty certain that Claude is going to die at some point. Maybe not the cour but in the next one, but I see death flags all over him.
Dec 20, 2015 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
most interesting episode! loved it and claude does remind me of lelouch as well, maybe it's the outfit xd
Dec 20, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
This does take place before Jiro betrayed the Superhuman Bureau, right? (To be fair though, if that's the case, why is Kikko in her "false" form during the episodes that take place when Jiro turned rogue)

Still liked this one though. Its weird that this show is getting better despite me bashing it early on, whereas Comet Lucifer got worse after I defended it during several of the controversial episodes. Why did I bring this up? Only because they are the only full-length series I watch(ed) on Sundays that are not One Punch Man. (I'll marathon Iron Blooded Orphans' first half when I finish marathoning everything else I didn't watch this year)
Dec 20, 2015 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Brilliant. Not only were many things brought to light, but this episode was one of the most coherent ones.

Fumers, huh? And a red Equus? The PV looks amazing, hope the first cour goes out with a bang.
Dec 20, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2010
Jiro actually reminds me of Shirou, in his belief that no one should be sacrificed and dreams of a common good where no one is left out. The necessary evil for Rainbow Knight's sacrifice, if he agreed to it, it changes everything, though it does seem unlikely given how governments can't be trusted as inevitable conflict exist in an anarchic international system where sovereignty is of the highest priority.

This was definitely quite interesting, which side would be able to change the world! An attempt to the change the world through direct engagement in politics, to adapt gradualism, which can be strictly seen as a place of deliberation and compromise, or perhaps a revolution (it is in the title) that would accept nothing less than the things they see as essential for superhumans to live in such a world.

This keeps getting grander, sort of like playing with lego with many pieces avaliable, and that the possibilities are endless.
Dec 20, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Experiments :O
Kikko does think claude is jiro XD
Kikko has been affected someway by all the stuff she's eating that Jin gave her.
Dec 20, 2015 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kikko thinks Claude is Jiro.

This was the most interesting episode so far!
Dec 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
MY god the plot. so who is the bad guys and the good guy? jiro has been tricked all this time? or Jiro's group is the good ones ? too confusing to me. i seriously give all my hope to the second cour. i hope they reveal everything in the second cour in a good way.

good episode overall.
Dec 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
OK, I lost it at "Lubyanka Radio". But great episode overall. I guess Golubaya Laika is a super-human version of Yuri Gagarin.
Dec 20, 2015 12:10 PM
Dec 2014
This slowly explain why Jiro betrayed the Superhuman Bureau, also it explained why we didn't see the old guy in future. But still wonder why didn't Kikko follow Jiro but still stay in Superhuman Bureau? Hopefully the next episode explain this before this first cour end
Dec 20, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
AntonKutovoi said:
OK, I lost it at "Lubyanka Radio". But great episode overall. I guess Golubaya Laika is a super-human version of Yuri Gagarin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laika
Dec 20, 2015 12:16 PM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
AntonKutovoi said:

Yes, I know. But considering he is the first (super)human in space, he is probably based in Gagarin.
Dec 20, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
AntonKutovoi said:
Fai said:

Yes, I know. But considering he is the first (super)human in space, he is probably based in Gagarin.

I*ts more than likely they simply sent a superhuman instead of a dog.
Dec 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
It seems like that phone call could have been Jiro's tipping point that made him turn against the Bureau.
Absolutely cant wait for part 2.
Dec 20, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
Kikko thinks Claude is Jiro and damn was that one of his bones that turned into a sword? brutal
Dec 20, 2015 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
Burger-Meister said:
This does take place before Jiro betrayed the Superhuman Bureau, right? (To be fair though, if that's the case, why is Kikko in her "false" form during the episodes that take place when Jiro turned rogue)

That's my only complain we know for a fact, that in the future Kikko remains in the super human bureau while Jiro leaves, however the roles here are inverse.

Also this is supposed to be her true form not false form.

ichii_1 said:
Experiments :O
Kikko does think claude is jiro XD
Kikko has been affected someway by all the stuff she's eating that Jin gave her.

It better be that because they are messing the continuity.
Dec 20, 2015 3:30 PM

Jul 2007
Ifs pretty much given that Kikko is sort-of-insane right now. Most likely her "fake personality" is falling apart.
Dec 20, 2015 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! Mind Blowing stuff!

Guess that phone conversation explains some of the reason why Jiro went rogue!

Can't wait to see how they end this first cour!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 20, 2015 7:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Best episode of this anime yet. Claude totally looks like Lelouch.

5/5
Dec 20, 2015 8:11 PM

Nov 2012
That was pretty hype, damn!
Next episode will probably show Jiro went rogue, I'm pretty sure Claude will die too.

Don't forget that all these things made Shiba Raito went rogue too.

Also in the secret lab, the way Emi looked away, was that because she know about the experiment or is it because she don't want to see at the victims?

Am I the only one that thinking
Dec 21, 2015 1:50 AM

Jul 2007
plasmacannon said:
That was pretty hype, damn!
Next episode will probably show Jiro went rogue, I'm pretty sure Claude will die too.

Don't forget that all these things made Shiba Raito went rogue too.

Also in the secret lab, the way Emi looked away, was that because she know about the experiment or is it because she don't want to see at the victims?

Am I the only one that thinking

There is another event in the future that causes the rogue thing.

These events cause Jiro to go separate from Bureau(but he still is not completely antagonistic to them as shown in the immortal family episode). Something AFTER that happens that "leaves a lot of people dead" and results in Jiro wearing the red scarf and wanting to destroy the bureau.
Dec 21, 2015 4:53 AM
Jul 2011
>AntonKutovoi
>Fai
I think Golubaya is mix between Laika and Gagarin.

Yes, sending superhuman (maybe product from experiments in Russia) instead of a dog but also sharing some similarities with the real Gagarin.
Dec 21, 2015 5:23 AM

Aug 2015
For those who wondered why Claude acted like Lelouch/Zero of Code Grass... Well, there is a person named Claude Lelouch in real life.

Dec 21, 2015 6:38 AM

Mar 2014
BlackMageNo1 said:
For those who wondered why Claude acted like Lelouch/Zero of Code Grass... Well, there is a person named Claude Lelouch in real life.

WOW, I wonder if it's just coincidence !!!
Dec 21, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2007
BlackMageNo1 said:

Both Claude and Lelouch are throwbacks to tokusatsu heroes and villains of 70's.
Dec 21, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2009
9K+/10

Hype-lvls up and rising, next episode can't be here fast enough. (I've said this soooo many times during this show). This episode was great considering it was linear at least on the timeline, unlike usually.

So glad there's the second season incoming too - this awesomeness can't end yet!
Dec 21, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
This was a great episode. Holy....
Dec 21, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
Wait for the finale, and the second cour
Dec 21, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
Another great episode. So we learned why Jiro left the Bureau.

This is better than One Punch Man that only has actions and not much of a plot.
Dec 21, 2015 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
This was fucking great, im so glad i stuck with this show after its rough start cause this is getting crazy. Too bad that now things are paying off I need to wait 3 months to see more but still I love the way this cour is wrapping up

And for the record i like the rest of the series so far too even if its got some problems, this is definetly the most under rated anime of this year. Hopefully the 2nd cour keeps up the good work so i dont eat those words later down the line

edit: i just realized they were referencing unit 731.....holy shit I never thought id see an anime mention that cause people still try deny the war crimes japan committed there. Also if your weak of heart do not google image search unit 731
JizzyHitlerDec 21, 2015 8:36 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 22, 2015 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
This series is finally DOING IT!

Kikko got batshit crazy, Jin is throwing epic revelations and Jiro can't even move with the number of surprises, not to mention the cliffhanger.

If the second season is more of this arc, I'm totally up to it.
Dec 23, 2015 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, this episode was amazing to say the least . Still I am confused , forgot some stuff from the previous episodes .... so what I can sum is about the superhuman bureau :

The Bureau have two traitors one the old guying according to Jin and the doctor or Jiro's "Father" .

Emi is quite suspicious from where she was with the guy doing experiments .

Fuurouta seems to be a good guy or kid to be exact .

Kikko is a witch ... and she is from the devil realm .

So, a 2nd cour ? Nice .

I think I will rewatch the whole show sometime later .
Dec 23, 2015 12:15 PM

Sep 2008
A7MAD111 said:
Fuurouta seems to be a good guy or kid to be exact

I'm intrigued as to what will happen to him after the events that occured in the year 48...
Dec 23, 2015 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
A7MAD111 said:
Wow, this episode was amazing to say the least . Still I am confused , forgot some stuff from the previous episodes .... so what I can sum is about the superhuman bureau :

The Bureau have two traitors one the old guying according to Jin and the doctor or Jiro's "Father" .

So, a 2nd cour ? Nice .

- Chief is part of some alien cabal manipulating humanity
- Jaguar created the bureau solely to try to alter the timeline.
- Kikko is destined to be a queen of demons, also is currently going insane.
- Furouta is oblivious but he already comitted genocide.
- Emi is infatuated with the idea of destruction Jiro can cause and is overall shady.
- Jiro sees the world in black and white and has a power that longs "For the end of the world"

Its fair to safe that nobody is a "Good guy".
Dec 23, 2015 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
A7MAD111 said:

So, a 2nd cour ? Nice .

- Emi is infatuated with the idea of destruction Jiro can cause and is overall shady.
- Jiro sees the world in black and white and has a power that longs "For the end of the world"

I think jiro can be considered the 1 good person in all this as he doesnt have ulterior motives, hes just being played like a damn fiddle by the bureau but i think the ad company is also using him to get him against the bureau

Ultimately i think this will end with jiro being the wildcard to take them both down.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Fai said:

I think jiro can be considered the 1 good person in all this as he doesnt have ulterior motives, hes just being played like a damn fiddle by the bureau but i think the ad company is also using him to get him against the bureau

Ultimately i think this will end with jiro being the wildcard to take them both down.

But
Having good intentions =/= being good.

It depends on definition of "evil" - the show did delve into how moral extremes can warp our deeds - the show did it including Earth-chan(and JUdas) and jaguar(and his past version wanting to exterminate all evil), well as via the fact that Jiro firmly believes in black and white and deems Claude a "demon and not superhuman" just minutes after being pissy at Ad AGency for doing the exact same to non-human superhumans.
Dec 24, 2015 10:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kikko is a witch from the devil realm.
Kikko thinks that Jiro is Claude.
The chief and Jiro's father are confirmed to be shady (making Rainbow Knight look like a criminal and killing him)

Holy shit, that was awesome.
Dec 25, 2015 3:19 AM

Jun 2013
Dr. Nakagawwa is Claude, how come Kikko didn't realize that? Kikko be trippin', over-idolizing Jirou and putting that him on a pedestal. There are so many obvious hints dropped everywhere.

Those moldy, skinny-ass radish-carrots she's been eating made it easier for him to control her.

Shiba Raito is almost in every episode, I love that guy.

Now I'm understanding why Jirou went against the Bureau, he found out how shady they were from the get-go.
臭い-
Dec 25, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2008
A7MAD111 said:
- Furouta is oblivious but he already comitted genocide

Then again, I don't consider him a "bad guy" yet (the biggest proof: when he finds out what he did (too late by the time he saw Jirou again in year 48), he did have a remorse crisis. I doubt all of that was fake - so far)...
LAboy456Dec 25, 2015 8:36 AM
Dec 25, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
Well that shit got intense.

We pretty much know why Jirou goes rogue now, since his adopted father fucked up and told him the entire truth over the phone. I think it's pretty understandable that he cant trust the Bureau at this point.

We just heard his dad confess that Rainbow Knight was set up as a criminal to die just so that the government would be able to get a tighter grip on superhumans...even if the Bureau claims they needed it to happen to "save" superhumans.

Claude reveals the truth behind the chief: he's part of a race of aliens that have left their physical bodies to travel space, and want to find other life forms that can reach the same level as them. So while Chief claims he wanted to save superhumans, he probably just wanted to do shady shit to try to evolve superhumans to a level equivalent of Fumers.

Kikko got a hell of a lot more interesting. So basically she's actually the heir to the queen of the demon realm. I'm assuming that means her witch powers are just a façade that she uses so people don't know who she actually is. And once she gets a spouse she will go back to the demon realm to officially be queen. And it seems as though this unlocking of the demon form is fucking with her sanity a bit.

What I find the most interesting is that her being a demon doesn't equate with her being evil. Because Claude mentioned that she's a hero who fights for justice, and that even though she's a "demon", their powers come from the happiness of humanity. That's definitely a unique take on demons.

My thoughts on what I think might happen in the last episode of this cour:
- Jirou and Jin have a battle because Jirou still sees Claude as evil.
- Jirou beats Jin, and Jin dies.
- Something happens (maybe Jin gives Jirou a speech before he dies, maybe some members of the Bureau show up and do some traumatic fucked up stuff), but this makes Jirou realize that Claude's ambitions were right, causing him to go rogue.
- Kikko being messed up in the head thinks Claude is Jirou. If Jirou went rogue obviously she would follow in her current state. I think something happens to her that suppresses her powers and puts her back into witch mode. As a result she still sides with the Bureau.

Fai said:

There is another event in the future that causes the rogue thing.

These events cause Jiro to go separate from Bureau(but he still is not completely antagonistic to them as shown in the immortal family episode). Something AFTER that happens that "leaves a lot of people dead" and results in Jiro wearing the red scarf and wanting to destroy the bureau.

Well if you recall. The incident with the immortal family happened like, right after Jirou left the Bureau. He was still kind of in a situation where the Bureau members weren't taking him seriously and were all like "you know you can just come back right?"

In the later events you can clearly see the lines have been drawn. Jirou has his own team of heroes. He is fighting Jaguar who isn't holding back. He's dodging Kikko and Furrouta. He fights that detective who goes full evil cyborg.

Basically, these events in these last 2 episodes are what cause Jirou to question what's right and wrong and ultimately leave the Bureau. But later on other events happen to ultimately make it so Jirou and the Bureau are enemies.
Dec 25, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2007
LAboy456 said:

Then again, I don't consider him a "bad guy" yet (the biggest proof: when he finds out what he did (too late by the time he saw Jirou again in year 48), he did have a remorse crisis. I doubt all of that was fake - so far)...

But again, what is evil? is an evil deed done out of obliviousness suddenly not evil? Furouta is perfectly capable of evil and did evil.The fact that he would regret it or is oblivious to it does not change what he did.

You can perpetrate evil and be deemed evil even when you see yourself as good.
Dec 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
Fai said:
A7MAD111 said:

So, a 2nd cour ? Nice .

OMG, I completely forgot what Furouta did ... that was awful, but it is ultimately the bureau's fault .
Dec 27, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2007
A7MAD111 said:
Fai said:

OMG, I completely forgot what Furouta did ... that was awful, but it is ultimately the bureau's fault .

Bureau created the virus. But it was Furoutas choice to carry and release it. It was also his choice to perceive bugmen as evil and the girl he met as not-connected to them.
Dec 27, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
The episode was rather nice as well. It's nice to see everything slowly coming together.
Jan 1, 2016 10:26 AM

May 2014
Story getting milder.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.