Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's back and oh boy, they knew how to grab viewers' attention in the first half of the show. We still got some spicy humor and the familiar cast all returned! A lot of music and character chemistry already came back after allthese years.

Yuuki is still the kind and energetic girl I remember. Very glad to see this anime return. It didn't try anything very drastic yet but I'm expecting an entertaining season.
Oct 1, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Udon! Udon! Udon! It's delicious!!!!!! yeah! udon is delicious.
Their activities were pretty varieties from forming a rock band to survival games then camping. It was a pretty relaxing episode before the intense and drama that could start in the next episode. KuMeYu at the end aren't them??

The stunning sunset beach is Chichibugahama Beach, while the campsite is probably the Tsuda-no-matsubara
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2020
Oh, how much I missed the whole cast.

Very entertaining and funny start.

SerafosJun 16, 9:53 PM
Oct 1, 2021 1:56 PM

Nov 2015
That surprise at the ending...
Only 1st episode, but I guess this entire season will probably go full prequel to fill timeskip between season 1 and 2.
Now that I already know how this new season will go, I'm super excited for that.

Let's fucking GO~ !!!!!
Oct 1, 2021 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
When did this become K-On!? 😅

We also had a Yuru Camp segment part.

Not to mention the Full Metal Jacket reference.

Nice start where the girls fooled around for the most parts. Wasshi and Sonoko talk was lowkey emotional, tho. Then shit really turned up at the end when the Sentinels were shown. Hyped for this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Just only the ending is when things are starting. I wonder how the Vertex or enemy keeps coming back. This seems like a never ending battle, and the girls are always the victims.
Oct 1, 2021 3:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah yes, the series that refuses to leave my favorites list is back once again to justify its place there<3333
Oct 1, 2021 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
Nice light-hearted return for the Hero Club. But of course, there's more battles to fight.
The KuMeYu girls are here!
I'm suspecting a tag-team effort between the Heroes and Sentinels to take back the mainland Never mind, this is completely different from what I thought, explained in my next reply
GoldenPincersOct 1, 2021 8:20 PM
Oct 1, 2021 3:16 PM

Sep 2016
Oh, with that ending that mean it take place after season 1? The endling seems to be when the Taisha asked Tougou to be the sacrifice. So, this is probably gonna be a different take on Season 2 or at least part is gonna be? Anyway, I'm just happy to see more of Yuna and the girls!
Oct 1, 2021 4:00 PM

May 2015
Ok, you had me until the end. I knew this would happen but it's still a shame to see. Soooo basically the ending of season 2 is now void. The epic ending and god Yuna taking everything out is over. Tbh since they announced a season 3 I knew this would happen.

On the bright side seeing one of my top 10 best girls again is great. Yuna is so goddamn adorable! Togo knows where it's at. But damn Togo has gotten so much more obsessed with Yuna and I love it lol. Just get married already. Yuna just has this lovable aura to her that you can't resist. Every time she's on-screen I can't help but stare at her and smile. I'm basically like Togo, super Yuna fan.

I'm curious to see what the explanation will be for the vertex coming back. I hope its a good explanation cause they're dumping the great conclusive ending we had in season 2 for this. Don't get me wrong, I love Yuki Yuna. Its just it had a really nice ending which I liked so I'm worried they're gonna go down the Symphogear route of milking the series until its dried up and dead. (Also just realized season 2 of Yuki Yuna is on my top 10 list so there's that as well)

Ho~~wever, if you can give me god Yuna being an absolute badass again and saving everyone I wouldn't mind putting my complaints to the side lol. (God I love that god Yuna form. Its like God Madoka but better.)
DarknessRealityOct 1, 2021 4:06 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2021 4:10 PM

Sep 2016
DarknessReality said:
Ok, you had me until the end. I knew this would happen but it's still a shame to see. Soooo basically the ending of season 2 is now void. The epic ending and god Yuna taking everything out is over. Tbh since they announced a season 3 I knew this would happen.

On the bright side seeing one of my top 10 best girls again is great. Yuna is so goddamn adorable! Togo knows where it's at. But damn Togo has gotten so much more obsessed with Yuna and I love it lol. Just get married already. Yuna just has this lovable aura to her that you can't resist. Every time she's on-screen I can't help but stare at her and smile. I'm basically like Togo, super Yuna fan.

I'm curious to see what the explanation will be for the vertex coming back. I hope its a good explanation cause they're dumping the great conclusive ending we had in season 2 for this. Don't get me wrong, I love Yuki Yuna. Its just it had a really nice ending which I liked so I'm worried they're gonna go down the Symphogear route of milking the series until its dried up and dead. (Also just realized season 2 of Yuki Yuna is on my top 10 list so there's that as well)

Ho~~wever, if you can give me god Yuna being an absolute badass again and saving everyone I wouldn't mind putting my complaints to the side lol. (God I love that god Yuna form. Its like God Madoka but better.)

I don't think the vertexes came back, this episode seems to take place between season 1 and 2. Since all the Taisha turned into wheat in S2 but they are fine here.
Oct 1, 2021 4:15 PM

Sep 2016
Oct 1, 2021 4:38 PM

Apr 2016
Was that Bakaba's voice at the beginning?
And SENTINELS LET'S GOOOO, MEBUKI MY GIRL
THIS IS SO HYPEEEEEEEE
Oct 1, 2021 4:53 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Hello, new season. The funniest Mahou Shoujo cast is back to give us more <s>suffering</s> fun.

Those references in the beginning combined with their habits turned into something full of joy. And the way serious soundtracks used on those CGDCT moments is just freaking hilarious.

Glad to see them back with new things to offer.

<s> Even the singing is better than some idol anime </s>
Oct 1, 2021 4:53 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Hello, new season. The funniest Mahou Shoujo cast is back to give us more suffering fun.

Those references in the beginning combined with their habits turned into something full of joy. And the way serious soundtracks used on those CGDCT moments is just freaking hilarious.

Glad to see them back with new things to offer.

Even the singing is better than some idol anime
Oct 1, 2021 4:56 PM

Apr 2020
KARIIIINNNN!!! She's changed that much, her personality she is more open and cheerful. And WOW, she is much prettier with her hair down. I'm on the right track why Karin is my most favorite girl in the series.

Oct 1, 2021 5:12 PM

May 2015
extralie said:
DarknessReality said:

I don't think the vertexes came back, this episode seems to take place between season 1 and 2. Since all the Taisha turned into wheat in S2 but they are fine here.

That is true. But MAL classes it as season 3 so far and the cover has god Yuna on it so we won't know for sure until it gets updated with the official cover. Will probably need to give it a few more episodes to explain the plot until we know when this takes place. It'll be interesting to see.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2021 7:51 PM

Jan 2017
Production-wise this really felt the same as S1 and S2, was expecting some improvements for S3 but oh well.

Seeing the girls going on with their daily lives is fun, but add in Sonochi to the mix and it's chaotic fun. But wtf is with the ending, was that Gin as one of the Taisha and we're seeing Mebuki's crew doing something?!? Solid start if I do say so myself

However where does this fit into the timeline though, is S3 a prequel of sorts to the events of S2?
Oct 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Jun 2021
I liked it

What makes YuYuYu special IMO is that even a pure SoL episode can be so entertaining, and looks like that's we got for the most part. The dynamic of the 6 girls is funny, with Sonoko leading the way with the crazy antics.

Of course, we get a slightly ominous end, with a teasing of new characters? (sorry, anime-only here). Either way, really looking forward to what this season brings for this series.
Oct 1, 2021 7:58 PM

Oct 2013
I thought about it, and realized something that renders my previous comment completely invalid.

Thus far, this "3rd season" is NOT a sequel.

Season 1 happened during spring. Season 2 happened during winter, and at the end of it, Fu graduates from middle school to go into high school and Itsuki becomes the new club president. This 1st episode of Season 3 ALSO happens in winter, and the girls mention it's been 6 months since "they fought", which would put us at spring, aka the climactic fight of Season 1.
Then, there's the second-to-last scene of the Taisha kneeling to Togo in the rain. It is the same scene as the one from Season 2, that lead to Togo accepting the offer to become a sacrifice to appease the Heavenly Gods and having her existence erased from everyone's memories.
Finally, the episode starts with a flashback of Season 1's climax, and it hints at what Yuna saw and heard while she was in a coma (the weird dimension, the grey black-hole, the blue bird, the girl's voice).

So episode 1 of Season 3 chronologically takes place before episode 1 of Season 2.
Oct 1, 2021 8:30 PM

Sep 2021
seems like for now this season is filling up the various skips in season 2. Maybe that might change and somehow new enemies come out after we reach the end of season 2, although i hope not, the end of season 2 was good enough; don't need more fights and suffering anymore.

With luck, this season might just be solely buffing up the content of season 2 and the skip between end of season 1 and 2 (seriously, we don't need more fighting and suffering anymore, let the girls enjoy their life)...
yhagniOct 1, 2021 8:35 PM
Oct 1, 2021 8:34 PM

Dec 2015
That curry pretty much summed up my first expectations when I heard they were making a new season.

Like "Oh shoot this is going to get ugly. These girls have gone through too much. Can they get a break for on-... oh they are"... just for majority of this episode. Would've loved some more slice of life but back to business.
Oct 1, 2021 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
legit was shocked when i found out recently there was another season , this was so much fun and had me thinking do they finally get to rest and be a SOL "just when i think i'm out they pull me back in!"

but as my memories came back i kept thinking wait how are they not in high school yet...and uh everyone seems fine and there's all of them there

so it's strange on the timeline since it isn't a sequel? but more of a side story
Oct 1, 2021 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! what a chilling surprise! S3 already!? didn't even expect that (well i didn't checked the list this time that's why)
so is this calm before the storm?
and who are those new girls!? not sure they from NoWaYu???!? demn!
MONACA's OST really astounds me and reminds me of NieR: Automata!!!
5/5.

Oct 2, 2021 3:28 AM
Sep 2016
Wait, so they attempted to remade the entire Yuusha no Shou (Season 2)? But this time with Kusonoki Mebuki added?

I think I HAVE to put this on hold for sometime, since I have yet to read KuMeYu.

Rather disappointed really, I'd rather have a true 3rd season following Shikoku's release from the "flamey" realm. I mean, now with Shinju-sama's barrier gone in Yuusha no Shou, they're basically returning to the pre-Divine Era situation, right? That doesn't mean that the vertexes are necessarily gone, right?

matias067 said:
OMG! what a chilling surprise! S3 already!? didn't even expect that (well i didn't checked the list this time that's why)
so is this calm before the storm?
and who are those new girls!? not sure they from NoWaYu???!? demn!
MONACA's OST really astounds me and reminds me of NieR: Automata!!!
5/5.

They're from KuMeYu (Kusonoki Mebuki wa Yuusha de Aru). AFAIK basically
I personally haven't read the LN yet, but I know those white uniforms from miles away.
uncleqrowOct 2, 2021 3:39 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 2, 2021 5:50 AM
May 2016
We finally get to see the sentinels!
Oct 2, 2021 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
Really funny episode, it reminded me of Yuyushiki (even the names are similar).

It felt like the characters had never left and we are just entering back into their lives.

End of the episode though, what's happening?
Oct 2, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
I'm the happiest one can be, my favorite magical girls are back!!!!
And wow isn't Sonoko's ~nanyo is cute as hell!!!

I actually thought for a moment that this might actually be a 12 episoder of the girls just having a normal life, but I'm saddened by the reality of a new struggle on the horizon for them now.... D;

Oct 2, 2021 2:33 PM

Feb 2020
Yay, they're back ! With a laid-back episode, but that was obvious it was just the calm before the storm. The hero club just cannot be left alone, right ? Though to be honest, I was satisfied with the conclusion so I hope this season is actually necessary. I'm all for more but I don't want it to feel like they're just milking the franchise.
Still, it made me happy to see the girls again.

And about that ending, now that's making me excited. I mean, the team from Kusunoki Mebuki wa Yuusha de Aru ?! I never expected to see them ! And I definitely wonder what their return means. Anyway, it makes me so happy to see my girl Mebu being animated. Maybe we'll get to see the other teams ? They're from the past so that's unlikely, but one can dream.
Oct 2, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
SAAAAAA MINNA!

TSUGI NO SHUUMATSU WO NANI SURU NANI SURU?!?!?

Oct 3, 2021 6:02 AM
Mar 2017
Can't wait to cry again :)
Oct 3, 2021 9:59 PM
Aug 2019
Oh god, I missed all these girls so much. Loved seeing them again, and I love even more Sonoko's energy lol.
I honestly don't know how they plan to continue this, but for now, I just wish that it will be as good as the previous seasons, and also that our girls will be okay!
Oct 4, 2021 4:05 AM

Feb 2019
The Kusunoki Mebuki crew? Really?

Hell of a way to kick of the rest of the show, always liked their designs and story.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 4, 2021 8:34 AM

Dec 2018
Nice to see my little angels having fun in the first episode rather than boring fighting/action. The only good kind of action in anime is lesbian kissing action,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Always loved that with Yuuki Yuuna. Even if there are a lot of tedious action episodes, there are also those more fun CGDCT episodes. Those are IMO the best this show has to offer

It was so cute. Tougou and her wife Yuuna were saying gay things to each other. And I love their camping trip. BUT this is Yuuki Yuuna and I know it can sparkle much more and even be more fabulous than this. So I want more Yuri!! Still a good start

Yuri-CrusaderOct 4, 2021 5:06 PM
Oct 7, 2021 1:23 AM

Oct 2010
looks too cute for me, I feel those girls in the wnd were some magical girls created by the other gods, or I don't know, who the hell is the enemy?
I heard mebuki's name mentioned, hope this won't mess up the canon
Oct 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2007
glad to see everyone again. It's nice to see Karin being so lively and smiling now, she used to so serious on things.

Nogi is so energetic. She really wants to do a lot of things after getting out of the bed. Had a good laugh when she brought that instant setup tent just to sleep in it. :p

but the one who made me laugh the most is Togo. Yuna get hit by sniper.. Togo reaction is "what is the color of your blood?!" haha.

starting off strong with a 5/5 for this episode and a 9/10 overall.
I look forward to seeing more of them.
Oct 15, 2021 6:10 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
lol, what would life be without these idiots' antics, hahaha~!x'D
I know I say this with each seasons but damn, the OP slaps, and its soo good~!!!<3 X'3>
Nov 7, 2021 2:00 PM
Sep 2015
So this was the calm before the storm

I can't believe they showed that much fanservice during the opening, sheesh
Jan 30, 2022 7:24 AM

Nov 2008
A good half of this episode feels like a shitpost. At this point i can't take this series seriously but at least it was somewhat entertaining.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 11, 2022 2:25 AM

Dec 2012
Divine Era 300.
Udon!
CG?
Best girl Tougou!
Yusyabu.
Karaoke.
lol at double sardines on Tougou's shirt.

And we're back for more best girl Tougou! LAWD! Tougou oppai in the ED. Can't do that and not show nipples. LMAO at all the references in the episode. So happy to see Sonoko again. She gives me life... KAGAWA LIFE. The song Karin (and Itsuki joined in) was singing is fire.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

32 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 16, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2021

33 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 15, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

49 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 1, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Schlimm - Oct 22, 2021

21 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

25 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.