Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Always satisfying watching WarGreymon kicking some ass with his moveset. Taichi and his partner went all out in a boss-like fight.

Kinda incredible how far the enemy evolved in just this episode. The stakes were so high for everyone.
May 29, 2021 7:53 PM

Mar 2020
- Wargreymon fighting alone for 90% at the time
- Weird Goddramon angles
- Just ok quality animation (DoneDevimon episode was way better)
- Taichi ending the fight using a spirit bomb
- 5 useless digiDestined. I mean, Yamato has Metalgarurumon...

great episode, 1/5

At least Holydramon appeared
ZephyrSamaelMay 29, 2021 8:24 PM
May 29, 2021 8:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
oh shit, didn't see the God evolutions coming... so when are the rest of them going to get their mega forms and when are they actually going to lose lol? oh and when is it NOT Tai and Agumon who are going to save the day lol?
May 29, 2021 8:19 PM

Feb 2019
Holy SHIT they pulled no punches for episode 50. This by far made up for some of the more dull and slower paced episodes we had from 30-45. Holydramon and Goddramon transformations were AMAZING. Gaia blast was incredible as well. The animation, art and the OP playing during the fight… chef’s kiss to an amazing episode. Looking forward to where the show goes from here. I’m very pleased with Toei rn
May 29, 2021 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
If you know Digimon, you probably have heard people comparing Gaia Force to Spirit Bomb plenty of times before. So Toei just took that and went "guys, what if we take the Gaia Force and literally turn it into a Spirit Bomb? Genius move!!"
May 29, 2021 8:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
JustMonaka said:
If you know Digimon, you probably have heard people comparing Gaia Force to Spirit Bomb plenty of times before. So Toei just took that and went "guys, what if we make a Gaia Force and literally turn it into a Spirit Bomb? Genius move!!"

i was thinking the same thing, clearly done on purpose LMAO... although idr if i made the connection as a kid, though i probably did

at least this spirit bomb didn't take 5 episodes of filler

EcchiGodMamsterMay 29, 2021 8:36 PM
May 29, 2021 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
that Goddramon and Holydramon are as big as Milleniumon

and ye the Spirit Bomb of WarGreymon finish it off
May 29, 2021 10:18 PM

Apr 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Holy SHIT they pulled no punches for episode 50. This by far made up for some of the more dull and slower paced episodes we had from 30-45. Holydramon and Goddramon transformations were AMAZING. Gaia blast was incredible as well. The animation, art and the OP playing during the fight… chef’s kiss to an amazing episode. Looking forward to where the show goes from here. I’m very pleased with Toei rn

Are you serious? Two mega evolution that lasted 3 seconds were amazing transformations? If any, it's a fucking disappointment because only Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon get their own digivolution sequence. Animation were great for most part but the part where Goddramon fist fight against Mili was terrible too. Slowmo for no reason with wonky drawing. The rest were stellar, Wargreymon Brave Shield+Brave Tornado was great, Gaia Force spirit bomb was great, but Zeedmili lasted no more than a minute.
May 29, 2021 10:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg Goddramon and Holydramon, that was kinda epic to be honest, of course Taichi and WarGreymon saved the day xD
May 30, 2021 12:29 AM

Mar 2018
> Two Mega-level Holy Digimon debuted to fight against their old archenemy in history.
> Nope, Taichi must be in spotlight again because we never had enough of him.

> Millenniummon evolved into ZeedMillenniummon, who was once feared in the lore as a multiverse destroyer.
> Lost in just one episode and didn't even last 10 second against our lord and savior Taichi.

> Yamato, rendered useless despite being the second and only character who has a Mega-level, completely wasting the chance to introduce (or re-use) Omegamon.

> Sora, Koushiro, Mimi, Joe are completely unnecessary.

At least this reboot confirmed that I'll never ever touch any future Digimon anime regardless of how they bait with nostalgia and OG cast. This is worse than Tri imo and made the OG Adventure dirty just by existing.

Next episode preview: "The Mystery Hidden within the Crests"
Me: Wait, those weird symbols on their Digivices have meaning all along?

May 30, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
The worst anime of all time for me. This is what you get when you make your characters flawlessly virtuous and indestructible - uninteresting boring trash. Cool to see Goddramon in the anime but in the grand scheme of things meaningless to the overall quality of this dogshit anime. 1/5 episode yet again.
May 30, 2021 5:43 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So that was a disappointing finale-not-finale to the series. Not only did they basically confirm that one can't die if they have hope and determination but also everything comes down to Taichi saving everyone. The mega evolution sequences were also lame and lazy and while there were a lot of moments of good animation, the anatomy was all over the place in some scenes.

Apparently now they remembered the crests have a meaning after defeating God. Btw, how are there 16 episodes remaining?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 30, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2017
@Xystus nah if anything, Marinate is a shit-poster and you shouldn't take his words seriously. Everything for this user is either shit or perfect.

For a finale fight aganst Millenniummon, if I can NOT describe one word about it: it's EPIC, but to the point of uselessness and disappointment.

You know how the reboot has been: it's always been the Taichi and Yamato show, but this episode just takes the "one sole Digimon and DigiDestined hero" abomination to another level with Taichi and WarGreymon, much less than the oher DigiDestined with their Digimon are basically immortal to begin with.

The power of friendship trope has been seen one too much, and to this effect, seeing 2 of the 4 Great Digimon of Goddramon and Holydramon is at least the better presentation battle part of the episode against the God of Darkness Millemiummon, only to get trashed hard.

Unsurprisingly, Taichi has been chosen because he's the main character with WarGreymon, and while Gaia Force's trenemdous power is good to look at, it just renders everyone else as support characters. Just your typical BS fight copy-paste from other episodes ago.

Even the concurrent Dragon Quest: Kai is leaps better than this in animation, though that's not saying much.

What a TRULY MEH "ending". The dumbest episode that transpired a total reboot for it's arc-like ending? YEET.
May 30, 2021 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
Who is in charge of the pacing of this reboot? Seriously, I want to meet them and say "WTF!?" Who the hell thought it was a brilliant idea to mention the crests' existence AFTER the final arc??? At this point I'm pretty sure most viewers (including me) have decided that there's no crests in this reboot, just meaningless symbols that show up once in awhile.

How can you make something which has 66 eps more underwhelming than Tri? Like, HOW?

This "final" arc episode was so painful to watch. If Toei wanted to have Taichi-centric season, they should have adapted V-tamer, at least I wouldn't have to sit through watching Sora, Joei, Mimi, Koushiro AND YAMATO being reduced to useless ( I can't believe I say this but Yamato does not deserved to be treated like that. Koushiro has some usage but still)

The battle was good and disappointed at the same time. I didn't think one could do it but apparently I was wrong. I was expecting a Omegamon vs Milllenniummon showdown but instead they go with the Goku vs final boss route. ZeedMillenniummon shouldn't be treated like some sort of punching bag for Wargreymon to hit it with Spirit Bomb. Also, when I saw ZeedMill, I was honestly expected it to blast the ground and disappear, and last for another 10 eps. Surely, with him still being around and achieving another form, it would make sense for the kids to remain in the Digital World and try to unlock more mega forms, right? But nope, he got sent to the shadow realm after 5 min (did you forget that he is like the most powerful digimon and the final boss of this series Toei??? Just like how you forgot to introduce the crests beforehand???)

The show hyped Holy Digimon so much and yet their evolution sequences were such a disappointment. Taichi and Yamato got flashy sequence whereas Hikari and Takeru got some mega evolution scenes that are identical to that of Ultimates'

While I consider this episode to be really bad, it's not entirely trash thanks to Goddramon and Holydramon. I don't care what anyone says, I'm so happy that Gatomon and Patamon evolved to their holy dragon forms instead of the predictable Angel routes. At least it feels more authentic and a standalone instead of a reboot to the OG digimon. Though with the really disappointing evolution sequence, they might evolve to the their Angel forms with flashier evolution in the future. It's a bit underwhelming that we don't get to see some foreshadowing of these forms. At least with Patamon, he fought as Pegasusmon most of the time so evolving to Goddramon was not really a surprise, but Gatomon, who stays as Angewomon in all her fights, with no foreshadowing of possible animalistic evolution form (even no Nefertimon) was quite disappointing. But hey, what did I expect from a series where Hikari's only line is "Onii-chan"? Also, who the hell draw Goddramon and Holydramon? THeir proportion is so off-putting, especially Goddramon. But hey, at least seeing Goddramon and Holydramon kicking ass for some minutes was good I guess. The sequence for Wargreymon utilized his shield and using more attacks was nice to see. That's all for the good things in this episode, the rest was trash.

With 16 eps left, I wonder what Toei will pull out of its ass to explain the crests in the next episode lol.
Hanaki_NekoMay 30, 2021 6:58 AM
May 30, 2021 6:37 AM

Mar 2018
rasterman7 said:
Btw, how are there 16 episodes remaining?
Probably a new boss who we don't know and don't care. I just wish it won't be someone like OG Vamdemon cuz knowing this show, they'll totally butcher his character.

Evolution-wise, there's still Megas of those 4 mob kids they'll shoehorn in, and probably CresGarurumon for Yamato to fuse with BlitzGreymon to get Omegamon Alter-S because they've already "advertised" him in 2020 Digivice toy.

May 30, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
Renkini said:
rasterman7 said:
Btw, how are there 16 episodes remaining?
Probably a new boss who we don't know and don't care. I just wish it won't be someone like OG Vamdemon cuz knowing this show, they'll totally butcher his character.

Evolution-wise, there's still Megas of those 4 mob kids they'll shoehorn in, and probably CresGarurumon for Yamato to fuse with BlitzGreymon to get Omegamon Alter-S because they've already "advertised" him in 2020 Digivice toy.

Sometimes I wish BLizGreymon and CresGarurumon had replaced Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon in this reboot. Seeing Wargreymon's massive size is so.....weird.

Too bad that the rest of the kids will probably have the same megas they had in Tri. And I don't think anyone else will get the special evolution treatment like Mimi
May 30, 2021 7:37 AM

Mar 2018
Hanaki_Neko said:
Seeing Wargreymon's massive size is so.....weird.
Haha, I've complained many times about these gargantuan sizes in previous episode discussions since WGmon's debut and I love to do so again. It's obvious just from this episode but the writers seriously have a 10yo kid mindset that bigger means stronger and Mega levels must be bigger than previous levels. Man, how I miss Megas like Piedmon and Puppetmon who have their overwhelming power compact into a human-size body, not to mention having distinct personalities.

And that giant WGmon used Brave Tornado but Taichi on his shoulder who's just a small dot is perfectly fine for some reason. (Normally, he would've disintegrated into nothingness.) This complaint is also beating a dead horse but I've reached a conclusion myself that this Digital World doesn't allow friendly-fire like in most RPG games :D

And I don't think anyone else will get the special evolution treatment like Mimi
Nor Tailmon into Nefertimon even tho her holy-partner Patamon can evolve into Pegasmon. Missed opportunity or they just plain forgot. I'll bet on the latter.

May 30, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2020
I kinda liked this episode. Millenniummon colossal size and battle cry were things I really liked. Wargreymon is big but he looks like an ant in comparison.

When Goddramon and Holydramon appeared it gave me hope the other digimons would also get final stage but... no. Their fight was good, slow movements on both sides to give us the sensation of how big they are.

The negative point is the same as always, Taichi saving the day again. Even Yamato and Metalgarurumon had no importance on the episode. The other kids and digimons... well, they were there to boost the power of friendship. Lopmon? I was hoping for another sacred digimon joining the battle and they really missed this opportunity.

When ZeedMillenniummon appeared, it was very menacing. Probably the first time on this reboot the sensation of danger was on screen. But then, finishing it with a big Gaia Force was very underwhelming.

16 episodes left and no idea what can happen.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 30, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
I do wonder what we're gonna be doing for 16 eps. Fight those aliens again? Surely this can't be over in a sense. Unless they just go with a new foe until then.
May 30, 2021 9:15 AM
Jan 2021
this is what i call an exciting episode
May 30, 2021 9:58 AM

Oct 2017
We got dual Mega evolution, Goldramon and Magnadramon which is pretty nice but they barely did anything. Also yeah I couldn't help but think Taichi used a spirit bomb there lol.
May 30, 2021 10:00 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
As non critical of a watcher as i am, I can't pretend I don't agree with most ppl here

This reboot is on some bullshit in so many ways, it's just so different from the original and for the worse

They have such a boner for Tai and Agumon to the point the cast seem more like allies than actual friends

They never argue, and there's no rivalry between them or anything.. they just let Tai and Agumon do everything

There's so much filler and they never lose, it's just not the same

Not even gonna bother touching on the obvious spirt bomb ripoff

EcchiGodMamsterMay 30, 2021 10:03 AM
May 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
They went way overboard with the scale this episode, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and even then I was having a decent time enjoying the fight between those planet destroyers (tho I'm too much of a Seraphimon and Ophanimon fanboy so never liked their beast evolutions) and then ofc they had to go ahead and ruin it making Taichi be the one to save the day and do the final hit, fuck that, so tired of this, but you know what? it would have been pretty epic if it would have been "regular size" Wargreymon shooting a big ass ball of ruin but I just can't get over the fact that they made him so absurdly big.

It was pretty funny watching the Crests circle the digimons but why would that even matter, in this reboot they are just random figures which just next episode they are going to introduce, just now, after they defeated the final boss.

Last but not least, what's the point in showing "all the digimon friends we made along the way", nobody gave two fucks about the cast and neither of the state of their world besides Leomon and his crew.
KanameYuukiMay 30, 2021 10:21 AM
May 30, 2021 10:43 AM
Feb 2020
So they defeat the Big Bad and then deal with the crests?
May 30, 2021 11:19 AM

Dec 2018
It was going all good until the Holy Digimons, but they had to put Taichi and WarGreymon back to deliver the final blow with a Genki Dama... sigh lol
May 30, 2021 11:28 AM

Dec 2018
Renkini said:
> Two Mega-level Holy Digimon debuted to fight against their old archenemy in history.
> Nope, Taichi must be in spotlight again because we never had enough of him.

> Millenniummon evolved into ZeedMillenniummon, who was once feared in the lore as a multiverse destroyer.
> Lost in just one episode and didn't even last 10 second against our lord and savior Taichi.

> Yamato, rendered useless despite being the second and only character who has a Mega-level, completely wasting the chance to introduce (or re-use) Omegamon.

> Sora, Koushiro, Mimi, Joe are completely unnecessary.

So true in many levels, dude.
May 30, 2021 11:34 AM
Sep 2013
WTF. Just WTF. Such digimon as Milleniumon makes his true anime debut and he is killed pretty much the same episode he arrives? They should fight with him for at least 10 episodes! How it can be so poor written. 10-15 episodes with nothing interesting going on and then super fast final...

The original "Adventure" could have Devimon arc, then Etemon, then Vandemon, changing location to the real world, VenomVandemon, the Dark Masters, return of Etemon and Apocarimon at the very end. And it takes only 50 episodes! Now we on 50th episode of reboot and we've only got fight with Devimon, one episode with Milleniumon and a lot of pointless meetings with Digimons that nobody cares.
May 30, 2021 11:47 AM
Sep 2015
This reboot is really going beyond in the aspect of exploring evolution route that none of older anime has done before (I think I watch all of them, movies included). However, it really needs more kickass music, both insert song and soundtrack, and OP/ED too if possible. The only song that pass my standard is X-treme Fight (and it passed with flying colors), but all other songs aren't. And the soundtrack is kinda wasted on such a big orchestra.
May 30, 2021 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
My boy ZeedMilleniummon looked sick as fuck.

The rest of the episode was the usual boring Taichi show we've been getting sick and tired of.

Literally turned Terra Force into a spirit bomb. We even made it blue to remove any shred of subtlety.
May 30, 2021 1:58 PM

Jun 2017
LMAO!

Imagine building up all that hype, side filler lore for the "big bad" only for it to lose in one episode, almost solo'd by Taichi..... Power of friendship on a whole new level.

4 of the kids still don't have megas. Angewomon straight skipped a form to go god. (unless I am missing something....)

Goddramon was cool along with Holydramon but they barely did anything....does any more threat even exist that could warrant bringing them out again? lol

Milleniumon's design is also such a waste because both his forms looked pretty sick as well.

And we are jumping into a new arc with the crests, which does seem interesting but who knows how it will turn out.

But hey....Leomon might actually survive in this series it seems so that's something.
May 30, 2021 3:23 PM
Jun 2019
It bothers me how easily Milleniummon was dealt with. This thing is a fusion of both Mugendramon and Kimeramon, and is one of the strongest digimon in the entire franchise. It was built up this entire time to be an absolute world-ending threat. The previous episode actually gave us a pretty good sense of that when it just effortlessly scooped everyone up into that dimensional bubble. It is almost insulting how they just cut straight to ZeedMilleniummon out of nowhere, not even with a cool animation or anything, who is even stronger than Milleniummon by a longshot. How the hell does Wargreymon even withstand Milleniummon's attacks? If I'm not mistaken, Milleniummon is at least on par with the royal knights. It does make sense that two powerful holy digimon could take it out though.

But as for Zeed, a stupid spirit bomb thing should do some damage perhaps, but that thing is insanely strong. I didn't expect it to just go belly-up like this and take at least several more episodes to deal with. Also lol, the cannons melting, absolutely ridiculous...have any of you heard of a digimon that sabotages itself by being way too strong?

Anyway, the feeling of urgency that's been mostly absent this entire time came in for a brief moment from Zeed's appearance, but then immediately went away when he was dealt with. I guess the writers of the show want to assure us that no matter what, everyone is going to be OK and nothing bad is ever going to happen.
May 30, 2021 7:42 PM

Feb 2017
This episode stand alone was good plus and the animation was decent plus.

But the serie is to forget, i am really a fan for Digimon adventure, but i hate digimon adventure two for the eggs and the armors, and TK to be a main character but that aside was a good show.

Thinking that Digimon Adventure Tri was a mistake, was wrong from me, it's a decent show with very
good animations.
But this has nothing to remember, aside that they chage the names of Izzy to Koishiro, and the Mega Kabuterimon to "HerculesKabuterimon or something like that".

The only one thing to rescue is the 3 ending, really like it, it's a fresh thing to me.
We draw something that is incomplete... .

Where is the "Digimon Touch" seinen digimon touch that all the other season have?
Kari doing his dark side stuff, Taichi and Matt doing his fusion, Taichi getting several damage and blood lose,
Matt getting internal conflicts with the group, to growup aside of it and come back later.

We have 16 episode left to learn about the symbols and see Leomon dies.

For the next Digimon anime please do something real diferent for these.
Remakes of Digimon 2 and Tamers need to be real diferent for these.
For Wargreymon is sake, and Black Greymon, do it for them!

PD: The other only thing good about this is that Piximon don't appear.
Henceforth_WhiteMay 30, 2021 7:45 PM
May 30, 2021 11:11 PM
Feb 2021
This episode should be Epic, but it was far away from that. I would give it 0 if its possible, thebform like they threw away everything...
I feel that since ep. 12 (w/out some few episodes) all of the plot was trash.
And now, they erased the Final Boss with a true Gaia Force (Yes, Gaia Force works in the same way than Genkidama/Spirit Bomb does) with 16 episodes remaining.

I had a little hope that the Final Arc could be Ryo Akiyama and Ken Ichijouji appearing, helping and be the link between an arc similar to the D2 WonderSwan Series (A 4 games series where Ryo and Ken fight vs Millenniummon).
Reading the upper text, it sound pretty insane. I can't ask the anime handle an arc like that if it can't have a decent row of episodes since the first arc.
Toei is really a bad joke when it comes to a Digimon Anime after the ep. 54 of Xros Wars.

But, at least, the Fight between Goddramon and Holydramon vs Millenniummon was a nice reference (talking about similarities only) to the Final Battle vs. Leviathan (Digimon Universe), something good of all of it I supose.
- Non english speaker, please excuse for any mistakes in the text above. -

Rhishiart Aidion .-
May 31, 2021 5:04 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mugendramon lasted longer against WarGreymon than ZeedMillenialmon. This episode felt weird tbh. Like you have this extremely high level enemy mega and it goes down in one episode even after evolving further.

May 31, 2021 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
Renkini said:
Hanaki_Neko said:
Seeing Wargreymon's massive size is so.....weird.
Haha, I've complained many times about these gargantuan sizes in previous episode discussions since WGmon's debut and I love to do so again. It's obvious just from this episode but the writers seriously have a 10yo kid mindset that bigger means stronger and Mega levels must be bigger than previous levels. Man, how I miss Megas like Piedmon and Puppetmon who have their overwhelming power compact into a human-size body, not to mention having distinct personalities.

And that giant WGmon used Brave Tornado but Taichi on his shoulder who's just a small dot is perfectly fine for some reason. (Normally, he would've disintegrated into nothingness.) This complaint is also beating a dead horse but I've reached a conclusion myself that this Digital World doesn't allow friendly-fire like in most RPG games :D

While I can guess that the size of the digimon relates to the data it absorbs, it's still too ridiculous to see them being unnecessary oversized. That's why I sometimes wish Blitzgreymon had replaced Wargreymon in this reboot. At least I would save myself from comparing two Wargreymons' size and feel that Taichi riding on its shoulder make sense (I let MetalGarurumon pass since in the OG Yamato is able to ride on its back as well, and MetalGarurumon had been treated quite poorly already)

And I don't think anyone else will get the special evolution treatment like Mimi
Nor Tailmon into Nefertimon even tho her holy-partner Patamon can evolve into Pegasmon. Missed opportunity or they just plain forgot. I'll bet on the latter.

Well the show hyped Holy Digimons but the only Holy Digimon member they remember (or actually care) is Patamon so I can't expect much :/

At least Tailmon also had her corrupted form like Patamon, but written much poorer (that's good, right....). As much as I like to criticize the series, I still give the showrunners some props for how they write Angemon and Devimon's relation. It could be established wayyy better, but still, there is a real connection between Light and Darkness. Sealing the shadow in one of HolyAngemon's arm makes sense lore wise or not. But that's not the case for Tailmon. What is Tailmon connection to DarkKnightmon? Why DarkKnightmon? I'm still baffled by the fact that the show chose DarkKnightmon to be Tailmon's corrupted evolution instead of.... anything else really. To me, the biggest missed opportunity is the fact that DarkMaildramon was not Tailmon's corrupted form like someone suggested in this 4rum awhile ago. It's so perfect as Maildramon is a possible evolution for Tailmon, and she is being absorbed by dark energy, but nope (but still, why DarkKnightmon....).
Hanaki_NekoMay 31, 2021 10:22 AM
Jun 1, 2021 5:25 AM

Mar 2018
@Hanaki_Neko

I dunno how big BlitzGreymon normally is. This is my first time seeing him in anime cuz I only watched Adventure 01 and 02. Is he always that big compared to OG WarGreymon?

Anyway, yeah, they sure did overboard with scaling in this reboot. Just from this episode, we saw Taichi is an ant compared to WGmon. Then WGmon is an ant compared to two holy dragons. Then two holy dragons are ants compared to Zeed. By this logic, Zeed should be as big as a planet to Taichi (but still taken out like cheese lol).

While I can guess that the size of the digimon relates to the data it absorbs
There're headcanons and theories that Megas are massive this time because they directly evolve from Ultimates instead of warp-evolving from Rookies like in OG. While it's plausible, I don't think that's the creators' reason and I still vastly prefer to their OG sizes.

About Tailmon and DarkKnightmon, due to this show's questionable storytelling, I couldn't understand whether Tailmon herself is DarkKnightmon or she's inside him. But it's true that Maildramon is better than DKmon cuz it's Tailmon's canon armor-evolution in lore. But I doubt they know this because the entire show seems to me like a new writer who knows almost nothing about Digimon franchise is hired and told to write a story by using 'these' characters. Just some episodes ago, we've seen a Chuumon randomly evolves to Searchmon even tho Searchmon is supposed to be an armor-evolution of Wormmon. They probably don't know Pegasmon is an armor-type either, nor Omegamon is supposed to be fusion of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. (That's why they sidelined Yamato so bad even tho this episode might be somewhat better if the two evolved to Omegamon for real.)

Sorry, I'm really negative and merciless when it comes to criticizing this reboot so I apologize in advance if I ranted for too long. But it's too late to drop after 50 episodes and I'm still curious how they'll continue to disgrace the franchise so I'm still here. The only somewhat better episodes that're memorable to me are DoneDevimon episode (dark and brutal), Etemon episode (funny and closest to OG's atmosphere and character) and HolyAngemon episode (deep) you said.

Jun 1, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2016
Millenialmon. an digimon that has been hyped since the beginning and supposedly the final boss of the reboot........ being easily defeated by Wargreymon in a single episde before the anime even ends........ nice.

I'm started to wondering who the fuck wrote the story scripts and manages those awful pacing for the reboot.

Henceforth_White said:
aside that they chage the names of Izzy to Koishiro, and the Mega Kabuterimon to "HerculesKabuterimon or something like that".

Wut? Their names has always been Kyoshiro and HerculesKabuterimon even in the original series (And in the games as well). Same goes with others like Yamato, Hikari, Takeru and Omegamon as well.

If anything, it was the stupid 4Kid dub and the English localization of the series butchered their names lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiJun 1, 2021 8:29 AM
Jun 1, 2021 11:43 AM
Oct 2012
lol 6.65
Good to know that despite zoom zoom kids eating up this crap weekly this is still rated among the worst Digimon seasons
Jun 1, 2021 12:36 PM
Nov 2016
I am honestly ofended by this episode.
I am not a die hard fan of digimon but I did watch adventure series and tri series and I'm seriously mad at what they did here.
I was ofended first of all for Yamato. I don't really like his character but he deserved way better than what happened here (and in recent episodes tbh).
Then i was excited about Patamon and Tailmon megas and loved their role on the fight, until Taichi came and robbed them of their glory.
Afterwards it was the so many missed oportunities for the rest of the gang to get megas here (which I'm also bitter about those missing opportunities in recent episodes, like the one with Koshiro and Taichi saving the real world from missiles which was a great opportunity for Tentomon to achieve mega but obviously he was robbed by another mega version for Agumon).
I am a huge fan of happy endings but even so, I felt disappointed for Milleniuomon for being defeated that easily, especially after all this build up.
And than again when the world was saved by Taichi (althogh I really enjoyed seeing Agumon reaction to the coursage lol).
Taichi was one of my faves in previous serieses and even in the begining of this reboot but they really messed him up for me...
And all I could think about when I saw the crests was: seriously?
Jun 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
The moment I saw them bulbs of light I instinctly thought "are they gonna pull a spirit bomb here?" and voila, I cant tell if I should be happy or not with that, to add salt to injury they LITERALLY turned it into the spirit bomb when the Godmons sent their powers to gaia force turning it into a giant blue ball aka spirit bomb.
Yamato,Metal garurumon, Goddramon and Holydramon like damn they got robbed hard here, back in the OG Yamato and his mon were almost equal to the spotlight with Taichi and Wargreymon but here... the guy is canon fodder LOL, I dont know why TOEI is doing this, I mean yeah comapred to Yamato and Metal garurumon, Taichi and Wargreymon are definitely more popular but at least give em a bone.
Also yeah I agree with the megas being way too damn big and them riding their fckin digimons while fighting, that is weird af, does the crest protect them from getting obliterated or something? Wargreymon pulling that great tornado while Tai is just there on his shoulder would have turned that boi into mayo.
Anyways cool ep, Tai and Wargreymon are my favorite pair and I was kinda sad we didnt get much wargreymon from TRI and the movie, we always got omnimon so Im enjoying what little I have left for wargreymon spotlight.
Jun 2, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2010
Renkini said:
@Hanaki_Neko

I dunno how big BlitzGreymon normally is. This is my first time seeing him in anime cuz I only watched Adventure 01 and 02. Is he always that big compared to OG WarGreymon?

Anyway, yeah, they sure did overboard with scaling in this reboot. Just from this episode, we saw Taichi is an ant compared to WGmon. Then WGmon is an ant compared to two holy dragons. Then two holy dragons are ants compared to Zeed. By this logic, Zeed should be as big as a planet to Taichi (but still taken out like cheese lol).

This series is BlizGreymon's first appearance and I don't know if there are any digimon sources out there that provide information about his size. Judging from his heavy armor and cannons, I'm guessing he's about the size of ShineGreymon in Digimon Savers. But hey, no matter how big he is, at least we won't be as bother as Wargreymon's ridiculous size.
Ahh yeah now that you mentioned the size comparision, It bothered me so much that compare to Millenniumon, WarGreymon is like an ant, so what's the point of making WGmon big in the first place? Even Mugendramon is bigger than WGmon

Renkini said:
There're headcanons and theories that Megas are massive this time because they directly evolve from Ultimates instead of warp-evolving from Rookies like in OG. While it's plausible, I don't think that's the creators' reason and I still vastly prefer to their OG sizes.

It's not a plausible theory IMO as the digimons evolves directly from Ultimates in Tri as well instead of wrap-evolving. The show thinks bigger = stronger, and easier to marketing toys I think.
I really miss Wrap-evolution. I really think it's a much convenience way to evolve. Too bad Toei got rid of it since Tri. I guess that they want to save the time and budget drawing new evolution scenes.

Renkini said:
About Tailmon and DarkKnightmon, due to this show's questionable storytelling, I couldn't understand whether Tailmon herself is DarkKnightmon or she's inside him. But it's true that Maildramon is better than DKmon cuz it's Tailmon's canon armor-evolution in lore. But I doubt they know this because the entire show seems to me like a new writer who knows almost nothing about Digimon franchise is hired and told to write a story by using 'these' characters. Just some episodes ago, we've seen a Chuumon randomly evolves to Searchmon even tho Searchmon is supposed to be an armor-evolution of Wormmon. They probably don't know Pegasmon is an armor-type either, nor Omegamon is supposed to be fusion of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. (That's why they sidelined Yamato so bad even tho this episode might be somewhat better if the two evolved to Omegamon for real.)

Sorry, I'm really negative and merciless when it comes to criticizing this reboot so I apologize in advance if I ranted for too long. But it's too late to drop after 50 episodes and I'm still curious how they'll continue to disgrace the franchise so I'm still here. The only somewhat better episodes that're memorable to me are DoneDevimon episode (dark and brutal), Etemon episode (funny and closest to OG's atmosphere and character) and HolyAngemon episode (deep) you said.

Oh no, please criticize all you want :D. I love reading your rant lol, and it's always nice to find people that share the same issues that I have with this show.

It bugged me for awhile too but I think it....is her evolution....? :/ I would have been fine if DarkKnightmon is a supporting enemy, a reference to Xros Wars, not an important character (and certainly NOT a dark evolution for one of the main cast).

For the armor evolution, I think they know but choose not to care about it and will choose any armor digimon that they feel they can use. Even though I thought it was out of place that a Chuumon can evolve into Searchmon too, I saw it more as a reference to Koushiro's crest. The same can be said to Mimi. For Pegasusmon, I feel that it was used as an excuse to have Takeru involve in more battle without showing more Angemon (The show doesn't want to nerf its Holy Digimon).

It's quite funny that the reboot really love to emphasize the digimon level but not the types of evolution. The explanation for any alternative evolution in this show always comes down to be due to the environment ugh :/.
Jun 3, 2021 1:35 AM

Jan 2020
Why not Seraphimon and Ophanimon instead? Would have loved to see them both and Cherubimon fighting together (Frontier vibes). Everything was ok since it came back to be "Taichi Adventure" and forced him to be the hero.
Jun 3, 2021 9:15 AM
Feb 2017
Goddramon punching Millenniummon's teeth out was hype!
Jun 5, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah I won't write many words.

TOEI isn't know for caring about fans or anything at all. They just more and more money.
This show is garbage. It is utterly disgusting to take 01 and its characters and do this to them.

Just one thing: They needed Omegamon for random megas earlier. And now Wargreymon doing the Genkidama is all it takes to nuke an evil god, who didn't even TALK.
Also: Metalgarurumon did NOTHING!
Jun 6, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
So yeah Wargreymon is the new god of the digital world, no need for Omnimon.

Goddramon and Holydramon show up, nah forget that because SPIRIT BOMB YO!!!

It was a cool fight but man......I'm tired of the Tai show.
Jun 24, 2021 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao i hate the fact that Taichi has Many Plot Armor...
That kid is Unbeatable at this point.

Okay Cool Kaiju Fight.

You must be kidding me
Genkidaman Gaia Force?
Once again it's Taichi and Agumon show...
Just when i thought Goddramon and Holydramon would finished the job.

So Wargreymon > Omegamon Confimed?
Absolutely Ridiculous.

Next Preview: those symbol have a meaning after all? lol
Sep 2, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2021
Okay I didn't expect Magnadramon or Holydramon to be that huuuuuge wtf. I could've sworn they looked a lot smaller in the 02 movies but they never cared about scaling in this series anyway so whatever.

Goddramon's cool and all but I would've preferred Seraphimon and Magnadramon duo as a callback to the Hurricane Touchdown movie but this is fine. At least the holy digimon were given some little importance until of course our hero Taichi comes to take their spotlight as usual. That was whack lol. We used to need Omnimon to deal with stuff like this and now Wargreymon alone can beat the shit out of this apocalyptic digimon. Rest of the cast relegated to background characters as usual.

50 episodes of buildup and many many detours towards the revival of Milleniummon and it just got taken out by one spirit bomb like that.

Cool kaiju fight though. The animation was great. Always appreciate giant monsters fighting with each other lol.

We still got 16 episodes left. I really wonder where this is going to take us lmao. Is it too late to start a new plot now?
Nov 4, 2021 6:28 PM

Feb 2015
That's it? All that buildup for nothing? Lmao.

I actually liked the fight between the dragons and Millenniummon. But that's it. Everything else was an absolute disaster.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 14, 2022 2:51 AM

Feb 2020
All that buildup for nothing. Millenniummon was defeated way too quickly.

And too much Taichi again.

Well, at least Holydramon and Goddramon looked great.

SerafosYesterday, 7:37 AM
Apr 26, 2022 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
This felt like the last episode. I wonder what's in store for the next few episodes.

Also, I though that TK and Kari's Mega Digimon would be the last we would see.

At least Goddramon's punches to Millenniummons's face were pretty satisfying.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.