Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, they made Machinedramon like a total badass, almost like a final boss type of Digimon in this episode.

Watching Wargreymon take him on and clashing using their strongest abilities was quite satisfying. This version of Machindragmon got buffed.
May 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Jul 2017
How long has it been since I've yearned for an episode as exhilarating as this one.

Leomon and the other Digimon under him survived, that's a good thing. And reaching FAGA THAT SOON for the final stage? OK, if it progresses the plot now sooner than later I'm all for it.

The DigiDestined vs. Mugendramon infested with traces of Milleniummon and concocted with stolen Digimon data of the DigiDestined, bring out all the Mega, Ultimate and Champion levels to give a beating so heart-tugging and intense from start to finish. One thing's for sure, this reboot's version of Mugendramon is not just powerful, but more fearsome and WAY tougher than the OG.

Taichi with WarGreymon and Yamato with MetalGarurumon, it's always been the Taichi and Agumon show to deliver. That I kinda find it to be expectant, but the DigiDestined definitely gave their all this episode.

With both Taichi and Agumon MIA (with literally Taichi being superhuman at this point), the baton is passed onto Yamato, just like the OG days to lead the DigiDestined. This journey to find power cannot be stopped now.
KANLen09May 15, 2021 11:07 PM
May 15, 2021 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
They had the time to be sidetracked by random bullshits for like 10 episodes, but now they don't have time to gangbang 1 super important enemy. Suuurrreeee.

I guess they just confirmed that the 1999 Wargreymon was objectively superior to this version.
May 15, 2021 8:22 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit man Taichi what a legend. Can’t wait for his triumphant return. Really cool fight and emotional send off
May 15, 2021 8:28 PM
Aug 2017
Wow that was an awful looking episode, the director proves once again their complete lack of competence as it's full of ambitious parts visually and not a single one looked good.
How am I supposed to take this supposedly epic moment seriously when everything about the production is utterly laughable?
I was never a fan of how Wargreymon VS Mugendramon went in the original Adventure, and they somehow made a worse rendition of the fight.
May 15, 2021 9:26 PM
Jun 2019
Probably the first time I have felt tension in this show in a really long time (ever)? However, I really hate that the end result - Taichi possibly getting blown up - is because of his own stupid decision for the others to run off. I'm certain that this would not have happened if Yamato and MetalGarurumon stuck around. Another thing is that they don't get off the damn Mugendramon when the vademon tell it to go into self-destruct mode. Quite frustrating. Very nice fight though, not super well animated like some of the previous ones but still pretty satisfying to see Wargreymon rip through Mugendramon so effectively.
May 15, 2021 9:29 PM
Sep 2015
I already probably said this a dozen time, but this reboot is a Digimon on hard mode. Every enemy is a disaster level threat.
May 15, 2021 10:03 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So the "tension" resumes in a one-fight episode as the plot suddenly remembers that Yagami Taichi and the rest aren't there to goof around. Pretty late considering how packed of action this was. It's kinda frustrating seeing how easily almost every evolution got knocked out except Wargreymon because of plot armor, and the fact that Taichi must be on screen at all times pushing onwards instead of, I don't know, working together with the rest to come up with a plan or something.

Aside from some of the scenes, progression wise this was lame and the animation could have been better.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 15, 2021 10:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally some plot elements and wow that was kinda epic for Taichi, but that end damn the situation is really tense
May 15, 2021 10:30 PM
Apr 2021
the episode order in this show is atrocious. we just had a filler last episode and then suddenly we're in final arc territory. not to mention the previous episode had taichi learn to not be reckless and just rush into battle for once, and then here taichi and wargreymon get blown up due to just that
May 16, 2021 1:14 AM

Jan 2009
we are back to the main plot finally huh

Taichi and WarGreymon are still alive for sure

but damn that alternate mega evolution of MetalGreymon called Mugendramon is a tough opponent to beat
May 16, 2021 1:38 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The Dragon Killer made his move by beating the Mugendramon. Even one of the strongest Digimon in sheer power has a weakness, the Dragon-Killer Wargreymon.
May 16, 2021 2:22 AM

Oct 2017
Mugendramon was hella strong and it took Taichi and WarGreymon's lives *chuckles* to beat it. RIP Legend.
May 16, 2021 5:40 AM
Oct 2012
The fight scene of the Mega levels lifts the tension up well, although the other Digimons are still given mediocre fight animations. Although at this stage, I'm not sure which one I prefer more: the same dramatic attack pose and angle for every episodes, or uninteresting but different poses which is more down to earth.

I feel this episode weird mostly not because of the animation (I have given up at this point), but the overall emotional disconnect from Hikari. Seeing Taichi possibly blown up, she just seems so unemotional. It's either the animators don't do well with facial expressions or Taichi and Hikari's relationship isn't as good as we have thought :(
May 16, 2021 6:59 AM

Jun 2010
I have finally caught up with the latest episode, and somehow the show is already in its final arc. Still no mega for the other kids beside Taichi and Yamato (unless the show pulls something out of thin air, a new arc so that they can introduce the rest of the megas)

IDK if I should question Taichi's indestructible physicial body until now. Why does this reboot love to put him in absurd dangerous situation. He's literally immortal at this point.

Finally, we see WarGreymon again. I was wondering if somehow the show have forgotten its iconic mega digimon. While the animation for the battle is not top-notch, WarGreymon vs Mugendramon was nice. Mugendramon appeared to be a real threat. Although I'm a little disappointed that the show didn't play this out as a "fighting your inner self" kind of battle like what they did with Angemon vs Devimon in previous episode. Wonder if we're gonna see BlizGreymon again. I wish it had been Agumon's main mega form in this version instead of being a fucking nonsensical evolution that came out of nowhere , at least it will add something new.

I understand that, in a way, Hikari providing angelic power to Taichi is a homage to the original but I swear this version of her is so bland. Please make her more diverse in her action, beside calling out "onii-chan" too many times. At this point IDK if I should think that the showrunners clearly hate Hikari and don't want to draw her doing anything interesting beside acting like a plant or not.

Next ep will be about Yamato and the group. I never think I would say this but I hope they do Yamato some justice. The second most important kid of the group was treated so poorly in this reboot.
May 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Apr 2020
Intense episode, Mugendramon is my favorite former dark master.

So, from this episode on we are at the final arc, right?
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 16, 2021 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
We are back to Taichi's adventure, and they decided to turn Mugendramon into yet another voiceless villain of the week.

having the kids ride their Digimon won't ever stop being so dumb, those kids should have long been dead.
May 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
Every week it's the same shit. There is absolutely nothing interesting about this show. The characters have no flaws, nothing special about their dynamics, they get along great and they are always heroic and indestructible, the villains are devoid of any personality whatsoever, the settings are as unimaginitive as they can possibly be, and so much more. Boring af. This show sucks so much ass, I hate seeing Digimon be this bad man.

Why tf did WarGreymon stay on that thing riding into heavens anyway? Makes no sense. Maybe I missed something cos to be fair I had to start fast forwarding halfway through, shit was just so lame to be able to fully sit through.
BliuTigerMay 16, 2021 8:36 AM
May 16, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2018
Lol If there's another thread about who's strongest anime character on MAL, I'm gonna say reboot Taichi and I know I'm objectively right. Let alone brute force characters like Saitama or Goku, I'm pretty sure even reality-warping characters can't kill him.

May 16, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
I always wished WarGreymon had epic killer moves like he did against MetalSeadramon, I was hoping they were going to do that now, but even their original fight seems better than this one.
May 16, 2021 3:13 PM

Jun 2017
Oh look the plot will actually progress. lol

Seeing Lopmon again was a nice surprise and she even met up with Leomon.

Seems like Taichi got blasted back to the cloud continent. Why did Mugendramon shot at it? Can't really see any reason other than it wanted to crash it to land. (which is what might have actually happened at the end)
May 16, 2021 3:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
2/10

he didn't revert back to Koromon and say: "i sliced you like an onion"

lol in all seriousness, idk how theyre gonna fit the rest of the mega's into the show, we'll see

Lopmon<3333
May 16, 2021 4:30 PM
Feb 2020
I see Pell-Taichi
May 16, 2021 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
Renkini said:
Lol If there's another thread about who's strongest anime character on MAL, I'm gonna say reboot Taichi and I know I'm objectively right. Let alone brute force characters like Saitama or Goku, I'm pretty sure even reality-warping characters can't kill him.

At the rate we're going, he's gonna be tanking ZeedMillenniummon's attack by the end of the show. The ZeedMillenniummon whom many people consider as one of the strongest characters of all time. So you're probably not wrong about it lol.
May 16, 2021 9:47 PM
Aug 2011
With each episode, its getting more and more boring to watch. This show is nowhere near any of the Digimon series, even Xros Wars and Appli Monsters
May 16, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 2018
This is how Wargreymon should fight a difficult battle. Coming out in tatters and using all his equipment like his shield and throwing his Dramon killer from a long range. This kind of combat style truly makes Wargreymon live up to the war WAR in his name. This beats the fighting style in the older series where he just spams gaia force from a long range. This Wargreymon gets down and dirty and uses his Dramon Killer to slash away at the enemy.
May 17, 2021 7:21 AM

Dec 2010
JustMonaka said:
At the rate we're going, he's gonna be tanking ZeedMillenniummon's attack by the end of the show. The ZeedMillenniummon whom many people consider as one of the strongest characters of all time. So you're probably not wrong about it lol.

ZeedMillenniumon isn't even one of the strongest Digimon lol
How about Jesmon GX or Ogudomon X-Antibody?

The only bad thing about this episode was the animation. Everything else was top notch, WarGreymon was really cool.

AcD4c said:
Intense episode, Mugendramon is my favorite former dark master.

So, from this episode on we are at the final arc, right?

Nope.
May 17, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
Ersatz-Gott said:
JustMonaka said:

Well, firstly, that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
Secondly, I said one of the strongest, not the absolute strongest.
May 18, 2021 6:33 AM

Dec 2010
JustMonaka said:
Ersatz-Gott said:

He isn't one of the strongest anymore. He was, when he was created though.
May 20, 2021 4:10 AM
Sep 2014
Ersatz-Gott said:
JustMonaka said:

How do people even make those comparison which Digimon is the best? All the descriptions of those super strong Digimon sound so cool that every one of them seems the strongest ever when you read about it, lol.
May 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Dec 2010
apokaliz500 said:
Ersatz-Gott said:

How do people even make those comparison which Digimon is the best? All the descriptions of those super strong Digimon sound so cool that every one of them seems the strongest ever when you read about it, lol.

Digimon Chronicle X
May 22, 2021 6:39 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WarGreymon looked very good out there post power up. Before the power up it seemed like his attacks weren't causing any damage at all I suppose even with MetalGarurumon helping as well.
They sure made Mugendramon very powerful especially how the episode ended.
I wonder if they'll show Piedmon in the series.

May 23, 2021 5:08 AM
Sep 2014
Ersatz-Gott said:

Digimon Chronicle X

Is there any way to read it in english? I've been looking, but to no avail. Are the digimon somewhow directly compared in this manga?
May 23, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2008
Machinedramon took some steroids compared to his 1999 version.

That was a great fight.
May 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Dec 2010
apokaliz500 said:
Ersatz-Gott said:

Digimon Chronicle X

Is there any way to read it in english? I've been looking, but to no avail. Are the digimon somewhow directly compared in this manga?

Nope, but the ending makes it clear that Ogudomon X and Jesmon GX are above the other Demon Lords and Royal Knights by a large margin. I don't have the scans nor know where you could read it, but they're not the full thing. The story is mostly text based, and you can read the entire text in English at Wikimon
May 25, 2021 10:35 AM
Sep 2014
Ersatz-Gott said:
apokaliz500 said:

Nope, but the ending makes it clear that Ogudomon X and Jesmon GX are above the other Demon Lords and Royal Knights by a large margin. I don't have the scans nor know where you could read it, but they're not the full thing. The story is mostly text based, and you can read the entire text in English at Wikimon

I see, thanks for explaining!
Jun 13, 2021 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
Why the hell WarGreymon still riding Mugendramon into the sky and eat that Huge Blast? This makes no sense.
Lmao please tell me Taichi die on the next Episode....

I said this from the very beginning, having the kids riding on top of their Digimon is so stupid.
I laughed so much watching this episode, it's so ridiculous.
davidyodo24Jun 13, 2021 8:32 AM
Sep 1, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
Oh we're back to Taichi Adventure? Alright.

The writers for Digimon seem to really love Mugendramon. It was also leagues above strong in the Tri movies compared to the other antagonist digimon lol.

Also why the hell didn't Taichi and Wargreymon get off Mugendramon before it could self destruct lmao.

Hikari so emotionless in this reboot. Almost like a puppet at this point.

I did like the fight at least. The animation wasn't really stellar but hey we actually see Wargreymon pulling some moves and using his arsenal to fight.
Nov 4, 2021 5:54 PM

Feb 2015
Haha, I nearly fell for the bait in this episode :'D
I was like "yay, a team fight! Go team! Go Garudamon, Lilymon, Zudomon and Alturkabuterimon!" then they attacked once and fainted lol. Same goes for Agewomon and even Yamato and Takeru didn't really do... anything? Taichi on the other hand did what he does best in this reboot: getting himself caught in a giagantic explosion that should kill him and blow him to bits. I'm soooo tired of him and Agumon (and I used to like both of them a lot in the original) :/

I probably would've enjoyed this callback to Wargreymon vs. Mugendramon, if Taichi and Agumon weren't the main focus of every episode (with very few exceptions).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 13, 2022 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
Again, too much Taichi. He and Agumon were too OP as usual. The whole team was so weak except for them.

The battle was quite intense, but it could have been better.
Sep 4, 2023 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
idunno if these are dubisms or if the dialogue genuinely is just that cheesy and bad. Especially Tai, he just doesn't sound like a leader here, unlike in the original.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 22, 12:08 PM
Nov 2019
Where’s everyone that complained about this show being too Taichi-centered? I don’t understand why this episode is being liked here. With that aside, I expected too much from this episode I guess. I think it would have been better if the digidestined didn’t give up and tried to help Taichi instead of running away or heading to Paga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.