Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie but I think the design of that giant robot looks kinda silly.

Leomon also appears! I swear, in every series, he almost shows up at the important time. Seeing him team up with Taichi and Yamato feels nostalgic. That ending of Takeru though...
Oct 10, 2020 7:59 PM

Jan 2014
Most of these don't even feel like Digimon half the time ngl lol.

Though that ending, guess we're super close to seeing the final two Digimon of the Chosen ones.
Oct 10, 2020 8:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn Takeru at the end... it's going to be even more interesting now I guess
Oct 10, 2020 9:14 PM

May 2008
HAHAHAHAha... Dunno if it's funny or sad that the first thing I thought watching this is that people are gonna be pissed. They really sent the other kids home instead of Taichi to give more Tai+Yama eps.

Skull Knightmon? So are they gonna connect this season to Xros Wars? Is this Omegamon's that Omegamon? Between this, a bit of Savers and Frontier mons, I wonder if Appmon and Tamers are next.

Yamato and Taichi did a lot of silent communication this ep and... it feels undeserved. What bond do they really together have outside of Omegamon? All that eye contact and silent communication would have been better if we GOT some kind of friendship/bond between the two. But, nope, apparently they're soulmates or telepathic.

At least the animation/art looked nice?

Takeru episode next. Just skipping all the build-up and simply killing Angemon without a howdy-you-do; gotta love how Takeru looks more bewildered than anything else (and has been in every freaking scene).
Oct 10, 2020 9:14 PM
Sep 2014
Sad they didn't name those minion Digimon in Valvemon, they look cool, but there are so many, I'd need an expert to identify them for me. Not that I've made a proper document until now, which is good, because we're almost 1/3 through at 66 episodes total.
Oct 10, 2020 9:40 PM

Feb 2019
Considerably better animation and art this week than last. I know it’s gonna be 60+ eps so quality is gonna vary, but man that was bad last week. This week was a really good episode and man that reveal at the end was wild. So Takeru’s been kidnapped and the gang’s split up. Can’t wait for next week.
Oct 10, 2020 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
Leomon shows up and survived his first episode which means...the countdown to his inevitable demise begins!!

there were a few editing gaffs at were bothersome where they would cut off a character when talking to another mid-speak at least twice.
Oct 10, 2020 10:39 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Plot wise I liked this episode but fightwise it wasn't anything special. I feel like I missed something if TK got kidnapped
Oct 11, 2020 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
Very hype with all kind of Digimon from different franchise. I'm looking at you, Skullknightmon. It looks like Angemon is captured, so Devimon definitely not Patamon theory is out the window. Man, how quickly after the countdown that they capture TK and pickled him in a jar. Curious on how Devimon is manipulating behind the scenes, was it experiment with Nidhoggmon reaching Mega? Is TK a new source of evolution power? Seeing Leomon brought back nostalgic memories. I hope he gets an ultimate form of sort. The rest of the kids are back in the real world, but their partner Digimon are missing. I wonder what conversations between Hikari with Sora and friends. Tai mom is something this reboot.
holdingnothing said:
Sad they didn't name those minion Digimon in Valvemon, they look cool, but there are so many, I'd need an expert to identify them for me. Not that I've made a proper document until now, which is good, because we're almost 1/3 through at 66 episodes total.
Troopmon - storm troopers in black are rookies. Champion/Adult (strange choice, since they were butchered in mass and none of their lasers tag/scratch Matt/Tai).
Minotarumon - a champion
Bullmon - armor type - basically bit stronger than a champion, but weaker than a ultimate.
Valvemon - ultimate - first time seeing this thing. I agree it does look ridicules.
Spadamon - Leomon blue ally, a rookie.
Peckmon - those roadrunner birds they were riding are champion level.
Falcomon is rookie and evolves into Peckmon.

vansonbeeOct 17, 2020 8:10 PM
Oct 11, 2020 4:40 AM

Oct 2017
Wasn't expecting Leomon to appear so soon, that was good surprise. Also woah so they are using the chosen children? Damn that's nasty.
Oct 11, 2020 4:44 AM

Dec 2014
I felt bad for takeru...hmm
Oct 11, 2020 6:03 AM

Aug 2018
I bet if the kids were standing right in front of the enemy without moving an inch, not a single shot of these useless guns are going to hit them. Why even bother showing them fire? It's like they are missing on purpose lol

Also, my prediction about them showing various Digimons from other seasons is pretty much confirmed. I won't be surprised if Leomon somehow evolve into Bancho Leomon
Oct 11, 2020 6:09 AM

Sep 2019
Interesting episode and I agree that there was a lot of eye communication in the style "you know what to do ;)" but it lead to defeating the enemy and learning a bit more about what is happening in the digital world. I was a bit sad that Takeru is captured in a liquid casket but think that Leomon and Taichi and Yamato are in control of Valvemon now and they can help set Takeru free from his watery prison.
Just a hunch.
Oct 11, 2020 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
Leomon finally appeared.
Oct 11, 2020 6:38 AM

Mar 2018
*Sigh* The captured holy Digimon is Angemon after all... Didn't think they'd dare to shit on one of the most epic moments of the original but they dared... *facepalm*

And Devimon sure works fast. It was only mere minutes before Takeru was perfectly fine in Tokyo last episode but now he's in Digital World and already a specimen. And the writing doesn't even pretend anymore that Sora and the rest not being related/important. Kicking them out of the story by returning them back to Tokyo so they don't have to write them anymore lol. Genius as always. I bet they won't reappear for quite a while. Maybe up until Taichi and Yamato can summon the DeusExMachinamon at will.

Oct 11, 2020 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
Valvemon's design is underwhelming af. Terrible episode again.
Maybe the next one with Takeru will be a bit better.... let's hope so.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Oct 11, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
Leomon feels very nostalgic. The brave and courageous king of the jungle Digimon has reappeared.
Maybe next episode will reveal the mysterious kidnapping of Takeru.

Also, I'm hoping they will eventually make more digivolutions for Izzy, Joe, Mimi, and Sora. Even though they are in the digidestined...Sometimes, they seem more like background characters. Tai and Matt (Yamato) seem more of the actual leads.
Oct 11, 2020 11:58 AM
Feb 2020
Well, the Taichi and Yamato show didn't last long
Oct 11, 2020 1:23 PM
Sep 2014
vansonbee said:
Very hype with all kind of Digimon from different franchise. I'm looking at you, Skullknightmon. It looks like Angemon is captured, so Devimon definitely not Patamon theory is out the window. Man, how quickly after the countdown that they capture TK and pickled him in a jar. Curious on how Devimon is manipulating behind the scenes, was it experiment with Nidhoggmon reaching Mega? Is TK a new source of evolution power? Seeing Leomon brought back nostalgic memories. I hope he gets an ultimate form of sort. The rest of the kids are back in the real world, but their partner Digimon are missing. I wonder what conversations between Hikari with Sora and friends. Tai mom is something this reboot.
holdingnothing said:
Troopmon - storm troopers in black are rookies.
Minotarumon - a champion
Bullmon - armor type - basically bit stronger than a champion, but weaker than a ultimate.
Valvemon - ultimate - first time seeing this thing. I agree it does look ridicules.
Spadamon - Leomon blue ally, a rookie.
Peckmon - those roadrunner birds they were riding are champion level.
Falcomon is rookie and evolves into Peckmon.

Forgot the roadrunner/ostrich ones, but also weird that one of them can Digivolve into those mounts.
Oct 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Now this is getting interesting. Looks like Devimon's goal is the asspull power that unlocked Omegamon. It'd be pretty dope if he succeeded and became a demon lord or something. Still doesn't justify the 2 Omegamon appearances, but at least it's something.

And now it's officially become Taichi and Yamato show...
Oct 11, 2020 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
the animation is somewhat better this week

Leomon got this Jyouken attack that is legendary eh

as expected the holy digimon is Angemon and soon Angewomon
Oct 11, 2020 9:46 PM

Jan 2017
BEST BOY (takeru) FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE HECK YEA H
Oct 12, 2020 4:29 AM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:
HAHAHAHAha... Dunno if it's funny or sad that the first thing I thought watching this is that people are gonna be pissed. They really sent the other kids home instead of Taichi to give more Tai+Yama eps.

You're right on the money, I hate it here lmao.
Who thought that was a good decision?

Renkini said:
And the writing doesn't even pretend anymore that Sora and the rest not being related/important. Kicking them out of the story by returning them back to Tokyo so they don't have to write them anymore lol. Genius as always. I bet they won't reappear for quite a while. Maybe up until Taichi and Yamato can summon the DeusExMachinamon at will.

I'm suprised they're even listed as Main Characters here on MAL. They literally have no purpose in this reboot and I hate it. Literally every other Digidestined aside from Taichi & Yamato is so much more interesting imo (even tho I really like Yamato, but let's be honest, him and Tai are as cookie cutter as it gets) and they just get tossed aside. Urgh, I'm way to frustrated by this.

My anger aside, I like that this Reboot is throwing so many different Digimon in the mix. Takeru finally appearing was also nice.
I had my doubts and also hopes for this reboot, but I dropped my score to 4/10 for now. It might go up again, if they decide to treat the other kids better, but I kinda doubt it.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 12, 2020 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
The romantic tension between Taichi and Yamayo is real and everyone knows it (though not everyone is ok about other characters being kicked out)

But what's more real is the Leomon's sexualized nipples.

And Devimon keep Angemon in his cage? Talking about BDSM...
Oct 12, 2020 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
Lool so it's LITERALLY The Taichi and Yamato Show now ._.

Anyway finally best boi Takeru appears!
Oct 12, 2020 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
Btw, it's sad to see this dropping the 7.0 overall score threshold. According to MAL standards now it's in straight-bad territory. However, it's not like it comes as undeserved, with how lacking and disappointing this has been so far.
Oct 12, 2020 7:22 PM

Mar 2018
@StormxNightmare

Ikr? But honestly, the original also had this problem (shafting other kids) but it was nowhere close to this disaster. It only started at Dark Masters arc since they can't evolve to Mega levels but even then, they had their moments like how Zudomon and SaberLeomon took down MetalEtemon together. I don't hate Taichi and Yamato either. I was a fan of Taichi/Agumon pair when I was a kid. But seeing them hogging all spotlights in this reboot leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention evolution sequence favoritism.

I can probably do episode-to-episode comparison with OG and this reboot about how this one sucks ass but I already have too much salt in weekly episode discussion so I'll refrain. Already reduced the score to 4/10 since last week and I doubt it'll raise again. MAL score 6.96 still seems generous to me tbh. I'm only baring this reboot cuz I want to see the rumors becoming true, like confirming how these kids are old kids from OG without memories, or how kids from Tamers and onwards will appear etc. Can't deny this possibility yet cuz there're still many episodes remaining and the horrendous pace might be because they have a trick like that up in their sleeve.

Oct 13, 2020 5:08 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god, Finally Leomon is here....
I'm so happy and excited
Oct 13, 2020 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
Think i'm gonna call it a day on this show here, was only gonna check out the 1st 3 eps or so for nostalgia sake but it has done well to hold my attention all the way to 19, might come back to it in future, but on hold for now.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 14, 2020 11:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Leomon finally makes an appearance and he didn't die yet. Turns out that T.K. has made his way to the digital world, but somehow he got captured. I'm guessing Angemon is the holy digimon that is also captured along with T.K.

Oct 16, 2020 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly, if they're going to keep using Adult form to fight trash mob, this episode should have been put way earlier into the story.

In fact this would be a good inbetween episode before all the filler Complete form shinka episodes.

It's like they already fought lv100 monsters earlier.
Then a lv30 monster shows up, they go on only using 30% of their full power (Adult form) to fight majority of trash mobs and refuse to use Complete form to annihilate their opponents.

This is not how you build up stake for the story.

Oct 17, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know about the sequence of events Toei is trying to pull now, but it's back to essentially the Taichi and Yamato show.

Leomon is back, but the character design itself feels way different from what I remember in the OG. Regardless, he'd really put a good fight, and the constant evolutions are becoming more of a bane, as well as the content.

But one thing's for sure, how Takeru got into the Digital World, that's for dips.
Oct 17, 2020 9:58 AM

Aug 2017
I dread the end of Leomon. His death in the original series was one of the series saddest moments (and one of the best, I also have fond memories of Wizardmon).

Also, the image of Tk captured like that, gosh, I don't want to know how he got captured. Nice intro by the way, I was expecting another digimon in that chamber.

I remember from the original series that Angemon died as soon as he was introduced, to reapear later in the series. I wonder if in this incarnation his fate will be the same.

vansonbee said:
VPeckmon - those roadrunner birds they were riding are champion level.

They looked like chobobos to me.
ZenielDanakuOct 17, 2020 10:21 AM
Oct 18, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
About time Leomon showed up.

And now it is officially the Matt and Tai show....with a guest appearance by Takeru.

They really just kicked the rest of the digidestined kids off the show, wow.
Oct 18, 2020 8:56 PM
Nov 2015
StormxNightmare said:
Sakarii said:

You're right on the money, I hate it here lmao.
Who thought that was a good decision?

Renkini said:
And the writing doesn't even pretend anymore that Sora and the rest not being related/important. Kicking them out of the story by returning them back to Tokyo so they don't have to write them anymore lol. Genius as always. I bet they won't reappear for quite a while. Maybe up until Taichi and Yamato can summon the DeusExMachinamon at will.

I'm suprised they're even listed as Main Characters here on MAL. They literally have no purpose in this reboot and I hate it. Literally every other Digidestined aside from Taichi & Yamato is so much more interesting imo (even tho I really like Yamato, but let's be honest, him and Tai are as cookie cutter as it gets) and they just get tossed aside. Urgh, I'm way to frustrated by this.

My anger aside, I like that this Reboot is throwing so many different Digimon in the mix. Takeru finally appearing was also nice.
I had my doubts and also hopes for this reboot, but I dropped my score to 4/10 for now. It might go up again, if they decide to treat the other kids better, but I kinda doubt it.

Did you watch the last digievolución kizuna ? Was all about Tamayo and taichi again, and they did Sora so wrong ... Why ???? Sora is not that selfish ... Why call them Digimon movie ? Call them tai x yama show or something
Oct 19, 2020 12:10 AM
Aug 2013
Until now I don’t know how devimon will fight them because he is champion level and all of them reached the ultimate level
Dec 26, 2020 3:18 AM

Apr 2020
Exciting that Takeru appeared in the digital world. Also, it is questionable whether Devimon is champion level in this version.

Jan 18, 2021 6:15 AM

Jan 2021
It's one thing after another in this series. It's not like I hate the fast pacing. I like me some blood-pumping action myself but don't these characters ever get tired. They've been fighting nonstop for a while now.

Leomon finally appeared and he's probably gonna die again too lol.

Also I totally didn't expect Takeru to be inside that vault and it seems Angemon has been captured too. Interesting. Looks like the holy digimons are gonna play a big role again in the story which is nice.

Devimon seems to be powered up in this reboot too. I remember he got OHKO'ed by Angemon in the first major arc of the original series lol.

I swear to god if the rest of the cast don't do something big soon, we're gonna have some problems.

Sep 20, 2021 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
Hoo boy... just how will Leomon die THIS time?
Feb 9, 2022 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
Leomon is back!

Devimon has some devilish plans.

SerafosYesterday, 7:28 AM
Nov 15, 2022 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
I wish they had kept Ogremon for here to give him a fight against Leomon... geez I'm mad they used him so early.
Sep 1, 2023 12:02 AM

Nov 2012
leomon ep wasn't particularly great either, reading some replies seem a lot of people had the same gripes as me, shame they didn't handle the reboot better.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 10, 12:54 AM
Nov 2019
Okay so we’re gonna see Patamon soon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.