Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Andromon...one of the badass Digimon I remember from the first series. A close all for Mimi when she got attacked though.

I think the interesting part is that even machines have feelings. Wonderful to see Lillymon showing up!
Aug 22, 2020 8:19 PM

Sep 2009
I'm sure this image of Machinedramon in Greymon's Super Evolution scene has no significance at all..

Aug 22, 2020 8:22 PM

Feb 2019
This was one of the best episodes. Good emotional development for mimi and Palmon. I was hoping the guardmon would survive, but damn, reality is often disappointing. I liked Lilimon’s evolution sequence and appreciated how it was tied to Mimi’s growth.
Aug 22, 2020 8:35 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was a nice one. Though Metal Greymon was not important. Lilimon had a good show for us. Sad to see how the Andromon having to be manipulated and asking what he has been doing before he was 'shut down' for good. Guardromon was a guardian to the very end. What a pal despite not having much spotlight.
Aug 22, 2020 8:46 PM
Sep 2015
Reminds me of earlier Ghibli works, this episode is too nice for Mimi.
And what a twist from the original portray of Andromon, now Guardromon is taking a spotlight.
Aug 22, 2020 9:03 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this episode a lot since Guardromon is one on my favorite Digimon from Digimon Story Cybersleuth. Its really interesting counter to the portrayal in the original series, where they were just see them a ordinary henchmen/robot hybrids. I'm going to guess that this is the last that we'll see of Andromon. For this series at least.
Aug 22, 2020 9:08 PM

Dec 2014
they are evolving way fast if you ask me.... hmmm
Aug 22, 2020 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
ibraheem234 said:
they are evolving way fast if you ask me.... hmmm
Togemon evolved too late in the original series so it's an even trade.
Aug 22, 2020 10:31 PM

May 2008
Wow, okay. Where to even start...

1) Is it just me or are they giving the digimon more character than the humans? Tentomon, Agumon and Guardromon had more moments that that spoke of their character than any of the 3 CC. Even Mimi's "outburst" felt lackluster, as if they are going through the motions without having to do all the build-up. Well, at least, Palmon is still eh.

2) This entire episode is basically a combo of the holy shrine and the factory from Adventure but with none of the intrigue. Those episodes provided information and allies. This episode gives no new info and kills any allies off and then has Koushiro gives us a mini-info dump about them being comrades because that's ~dark~ and ~edgy~ for the little kids, right?

3) THREE times they repeat the same situation: andromon goes to attack mimi, close up, mimi closes her eyes and DOESN'T MOVE, close up, someone saves her, close up of her opening her eyes in shock. How lazy.

4) Lillimon's ENTIRE EVOLUTION.
"Oh, this is a reboot! Totally not at all related to the original! This is for the new generation; the kiddies!"
>>proceeds to 99.9% copy Adventure
They didn't even try here; it's all lifted straight out of Adventure. They just added more sparkles and a colorful background.
Except they didn't do her flower chain attack and FREE Andromon; she just killed him despite knowing Andromon is possessed.

The good:

1) A goofy moment with Taichi.
2) Lillimon's petals jamming Andromon's system.

Just wow. The laziest Mimi episode ever. If I had any hopes for this truly trying to do its own thing with the humans, this episode killed them off without remorse. I HAD THEM!
This is all flash -- good for fights. There's no depth beyond how they can create more "cool" fights; all I can now hope for is that the plot development and progression is good.
Aug 22, 2020 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
Lilimon Kawaiii :3

RIP Guardramon, he tried his best to save Mimi till the end.

This was a touching and sad episode, felt bad for Mimi but she's a strong girl. She's already looking ahead.
Aug 22, 2020 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
damn Guardramon died and its sad RIP

Lilimon is cool though
Aug 23, 2020 12:09 AM

Jun 2010
I didn't mention this last episode but kudo for Yamato's team for using Birdramon as the main transportation instead of the tedious walking. This was a fine episode, "meh" if I'm honest. Though i don't want to call it's boring since I'm pretty sure there'll be much more boring episodes in the future. Oh man they recited Lilymon's evolution sequence in Adventure, but not in 3D. I was hoping for a visual similar to MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon at least. Guess they're lazy or Lilymon's debut in the original was so beautiful that they can't top it. The only different is that this Lilymon has pixie dust when flying, other than that basically the same in Adventure.

It only occurs to me now that we haven't seen any Digimon eggs, so all the controlled Digimon that the kid had fought are completely erased and can't be revived, like in Tamers? Or are they going to be revived after the children meet the Holy Digimon? But whatever the case is, I wonder if we're gonna get a episode that the children have dilemma in fighting and 'killing' a digimon.

Next ep is Sora. I'm hoping for a more enjoyable fight
Aug 23, 2020 12:24 AM

Jul 2017
Last week it is Yamato's side, and now it's Taichi's side, with Mimi and Palmon adventuring on their own whilst still in complete danger at any given point of time.

The targeting Ultimate Digimon Andromon and the protective Guardromon, two different Digimon albeit manipulation on the former's side and help from the latter. RIP to Guardromon though.

MetalGreymon was fine, but it's Palmon's Super Evolution to her Ultimate form Lilimon that takes the cake. Jamming Andrmon's targeting abilities to shut it down and give closure to Guardromon.

A fine episode that was reserved for Mimi's character development, but I don't know if you could even call that in the first place. It was cool, YES, but otherwise felt MEH and lacking for the most part.

*And if given by the 66-episode threshold mark standards, we're only 1/6 the way.*
Aug 23, 2020 5:48 AM
Oct 2012
The episode is rather bland in terms of animation and actions, but because of that it gives more focus to character development. They're trying to show the kids what's at stake other than the issue in the real world. That the darkness growing in the Digital World and all the manipulations are hurting not only them and their partners, but also the manipulated Digimons. Very subtle, and the emotional impact isn't shown explicitly, but still felt.

What surprised me the most is the fact that it was Lilimon who shut down Andromon for good in such a way, and here I always thought Lilimon as a very peaceful Digimon from the way she was portrayed in the original series. She mentioned she evolved thanks to Mimi's sadness and anger, so I'm wondering if the Digimon's evolutions aren't affected by whether their partners are in positive or negative emotional states as opposed to how Taichi's recklessness affected Greymon in the original. Which means we might not see SkullGreymon here making an appearance in the reboot.

It's a bit sad that the development team hasn't given a fair treatment for the evolution sequences of the other Digimon partners, even when the spotlight isn't on Agumon and Gabumon, but since we're still not even halfway through and some characters haven't made their entry into the series, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

All in all it's a quite enjoyable episode.
Aug 23, 2020 5:52 AM

Feb 2013
A cool final fight.
Aug 23, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2018
Lahis said:
I'm sure this image of Machinedramon in Greymon's Super Evolution scene has no significance at all..
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. But what does that mean? Did they really mistake MetalGreymon's head with Machinedramon's head? Or was that a callback attempt to the original when WarGreymon killed Machinedramon?

Aug 23, 2020 6:00 AM

Sep 2009
Renkini said:
Lahis said:
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. But what does that mean? Did they really mistake MetalGreymon's head with Machinedramon's head? Or was that a callback attempt to the original when WarGreymon killed Machinedramon?
I'm thinking it is foreshadowing for Dark Evolution. Taichi gets reckless or power hungry or otherwise fucks up, and Metalgreymon evolves into Machinedramon.
Aug 23, 2020 6:52 AM

Mar 2018
Lahis said:
Renkini said:
I'm thinking it is foreshadowing for Dark Evolution. Taichi gets reckless or power hungry or otherwise fucks up, and Metalgreymon evolves into Machinedramon.
I see, that's also another possibility. I was thinking along the line where rumors are true that the kids and Digimon in this reboot are actually the same ones from OG timeline so this Agumon is the same Agumon who once killed Machinedramon.

Aug 23, 2020 7:07 AM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:

1) Is it just me or are they giving the digimon more character than the humans? Tentomon, Agumon and Guardromon had more moments that that spoke of their character than any of the 3 CC.

No, you're definitely right. They somehow managed to give Guardromon more personality than any of the main cast in just one single episode. This reboot definitely doesn't have any of the character development the original had so far :/

That being said, while I was seriously annoyed at Metalgreymons digivolution scene (I honestly skip all of Agumons evolution scenes to Greymon - yeah they are pretty, but I don't appreciate them at all cause of all the favoritism, especially since the others mostly evolve off screen), I liked the way they portrayed Lilimon for the most part. Flower Canon seems to be a little bit different compared to the original - shooting multiple beams of light and turning everything that's being hit into plants/nature. I like it :)
I'm also glad Mimi actually got the spotlight, even tho Tai was in this episode as well.

Next up is Sora! Hopefully Garudamon will get a cool digivolution scene (Birdramon literally didn't even have one at all after all).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Aug 23, 2020 10:42 AM

Apr 2020
I'm watching Digimon Adventure again(1999) to make some comparisons, and I don't know if the lack of crests on this version was a good idea. The digivice alone only makes the digimons evolve to champions on 1999 version, and the crests, along with the characteristic associated to the kid (courage, friendship and others) in a certain risk situation, makes the chou shinka happens.

Also, the first version really looks like an adventure, this version looks more like a mission.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 23, 2020 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
Mimi and Lilimon as cute as always, she did badass axe kick too.
Aug 23, 2020 5:08 PM

Sep 2009
Renkini said:
Lahis said:
I see, that's also another possibility. I was thinking along the line where rumors are true that the kids and Digimon in this reboot are actually the same ones from OG timeline so this Agumon is the same Agumon who once killed Machinedramon.
Well it is an interesting question how this series and original Adventure universe relate to eachother in the Digimon multiverse.
Aug 23, 2020 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Guardromon No.2078? More like Guardromon Android 16 amirite?
JustMonakaAug 23, 2020 11:58 PM
Aug 23, 2020 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
This week episode for me is one of the better one’s in term of characterization for Mimi and shows how dire the situation is for both humans and Digimon. We are introduced to Guardramon and Andromon, who are the residents of the weapons factory that Tai group stumble upon. Compared to last few episodes of Matt/Tai achieving their ultimate level felt less earned, compared to Mimi and Palmon this time around.

Wasn’t surprise that Andromon was tough fighter and stood up again, after getting hit by Mgreymon Giga storm attack. I should mention that evolution scene of Greymon into ultimate was spectacular visually, with hints* of Machinedramon in sequences as a red aura, before the transition into Mgreymon. It actually took Palmon to digivolve into her ultimate form Lilimon to put down Andromon for good.

I doubt he is gone for good, since he was a ally to the kids in the original. The last moments before he was enveloped by the greenery, he was able to recover from his mind control, but they’re saving it for future episode where he and maybe Guardramon meet up with Mimi and company, since we didn’t see their bodies disappear, plus it would make Mimi look bad for killing off a recovered Digimon at the last moments.

Its understandable why watchers are ranting that the evolution sequences are to focus on Tai and Matt. I don’t want give anyone high hopes, but I feel the development team is saving the rest of the children sequences for later down the road, its going to be good for padding it out across 66 episodes and don’t forget the Mega levels. There plenty of time to give everyone a fair share.
OKQ8 said:
So Andromon is really gonna die like that? They keep killing of all of the og's. Im starting to wonder if theyll even get any allied digimons. Only whamon survived but he didnt even have any dialouge
If they keep the original idea of reincarnation through digi eggs, then there is hope to see them once again near the end of the series.
vansonbeeAug 23, 2020 7:59 PM
Aug 24, 2020 10:40 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So this week we get some character development from Mimi and Pallmon finally reaches her ultimate form, Lilimon. Next week will be Sora and Bridramon time to shine and reach a ultimate form.
Aug 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Jul 2016
This episode had references to Ghibli's Laputa/Castle in the Sky, the last scene reminded me a lot of it
Aug 24, 2020 5:11 PM

May 2008
StormxNightmare said:
No, you're definitely right. They somehow managed to give Guardromon more personality than any of the main cast in just one single episode. This reboot definitely doesn't have any of the character development the original had so far :/

At this rate new watchers will have to watch the 90s version to get the human character development. Really feels like this is gonna be the digimon's adventure not the kids'.
Aug 24, 2020 8:53 PM

Dec 2010
Sakarii said:
StormxNightmare said:

At this rate new watchers will have to watch the 90s version to get the human character development. Really feels like this is gonna be the digimon's adventure not the kids'.

The title is Digimon Adventure so you're not too far off ;)
Aug 24, 2020 11:23 PM

May 2008
Aug 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Mar 2017
Never make a loli cry... Or she will smash u :,)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Aug 25, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
I like that Mimi was the main focus this episode, but Liliimon's evolution scene and the fight were so underwhelming.
Aug 25, 2020 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Must say, really enjoyed this one, the usual shenanigans but a huge emotional payoff with Guardromon. Can't seem to recall Lilymon but her design is awesome.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 25, 2020 1:06 PM

Dec 2018
My little lesbian angel Mimi have the kindest of hearts and cares so much even for a robot.Honey you are so damn cute

Interesting episode Lilimon. Lili Lily=Yuri=YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Best episode so far imo. Because my beautiful princess and her cute digimon was the big stars

Yuri-CrusaderAug 25, 2020 1:31 PM
Aug 25, 2020 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
Yuri-Crusader said:
My little lesbian angel Mimi have the kindest of hearts and cares so much even for a robot.Honey you are so damn cute

Interesting episode Lilimon. Lili Lily=Yuri=YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Best episode so far imo. Because my beautiful princess and her cute digimon was the big stars

[ig]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/b8/bf/5eb8bf0ae0343360233cbc8616b0d9bd.jpg[/img]

Its interesting to see all kind of fans of show, like shipping yuri relationship between Digimon and their human partners. I'm more of a digimon on digimon type of fan, Ladydevimon and Angewomon anyone?

I just realize all ultimate for female kids are in humanoid shape and has wings to fly.
Aug 26, 2020 2:57 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Lahis said:

Thanks for poiting this out. I was seeing so many people discussing Machinedramon for some reason and I was super confused why. Seemed to early to bring him up
Aug 26, 2020 1:52 PM

Apr 2011
ricksed said:
Lahis said:

[ig]https://i.imgur.com/JT95sT0.png[/img]

Thanks for poiting this out. I was seeing so many people discussing Machinedramon for some reason and I was super confused why. Seemed to early to bring him up
The whole thing can turn out to be Greymon borrowing Machinedramon power (metal arm) to digivolve into MetalGreymon, OR foreshadowing MetalGreymon dark evolution into Machinedramon, kind of reminds me of SkullGreymon back in the original series, but with twist of him being one of the darkmaster (or not and we get set of new digimon darkmasters instead).

I guess it comes down to next week episode with Weregarurumon evolution scene, if the theories are true or not.
Aug 28, 2020 9:18 PM

Nov 2015
Lahis said:

Remember in Digimon lore Machinedramon is the maximum representative of the digimon metal empire, in addition to being a recurring threat in the franchise, if it dates this is practically all digimon that have the possibility of evolving into Machinedramon. Although it is considered a dark digimon, that does not mean it is a villain, but something that was said in the Digimon Next Order video game is the fact that it is unstable due to the much power it has, everything is canon in the Digimon multiverse.

Seeya.
Aug 28, 2020 9:21 PM

Nov 2015
Its interesting to see all kind of fans of show, like shipping yuri relationship between Digimon and their human partners. I'm more of a digimon on digimon type of fan, Ladydevimon and Angewomon anyone?

I just realize all ultimate for female kids are in humanoid shape and has wings to fly.

Well, i like Litithmon and Mastemon is great Digimon.

Seeya.
Aug 30, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
Poor Guardromon, that was sad.

Also WTF Yamato's group just leaving Neemon's crew to fend for themselves?!
Sep 13, 2020 2:22 AM

Dec 2015
Mmh... a weird "fusion" of two episodes originally set in different locations, without a try to unify them. It also successfully make the thing seem useless. I remember two interesting episodes providing something to the discovery in 2000.

I was expecting Mimi to get into some emotional scene since this was supposed to be the Lily episode but. I kept waiting for the episode to feel like one where it would occur. When it finally happened, it was like, errm, jarring? It felt like it should not have happened, actually.
Lilymon was not that well drawn, but at least she got a transformations scene, right? Yes, a replication of the original series (up to the sound effects?) ...

Also, since when is it okay to destroy a possessed (peaceful) opponent without even showing an inc of how "problematic" this should be to the heroes? (at least ONCE before they get used to "kill" anything on their path)

2/5 Will the only appeal of this series ever be its "cool" (relatively moving) fights ?
Rei_IIISep 13, 2020 2:52 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:30 AM

Aug 2018
I'm trying to like it, but i can't...
I play the games to this day (played cybersleuth quite recently), i still have action figures that are almost 20 years old and new ones too, i liked digimon tri and still i don't like this...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Feb 8, 2022 11:45 AM

Feb 2020
This was a very sad episode. Poor Guardramon.

It was still great to see Lilymon again. All that pixie dust made her debut to look so beautiful.

SerafosYesterday, 7:27 AM
Jun 7, 8:55 PM
Nov 2019
I liked the last episode better. This one was good too tho. Btw, metalgreymon should have been too big to evolve in that underground place. He was sized down a little.
Oct 18, 6:55 PM
Nov 2017
People weren't kidding when they said pretty much the only good episodes of this are the mimi episodes. I'm glad she at lesst is getting the attention she deserves. Amd some of her personality changes still feel inline with her core character even if they're manifesting in a different way

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 63 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

21 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.