Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2020 7:46 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode ended at a kind of odd place.
---
At first, I couldn't understand why Tsukasa asked Satoru to take care of the small girl alone. It's unlikely that cunning Tsukasa made such a mistake. Tsukasa might have wanted to check Satoru's mental world before crushing him later. But, if it is so, there was no need that he pretended to have made a mistake. Probably, he wanted to see the place badly that Hayashi gave him.

--- edit ---
After watching episode 6 again, I figured it out. Tsukasa devised a trick that enables him to jump in directly to a place in other's mental world. He used the trick to crush Hayashi before. But here is a condition: he have to go to the place where he wants to jump in beforehand. So, he needed to go to Satoru's peak to crush him later. As the little girl has no mental barrier, he was able to link Satoru's peak via her at the time.
kuroneko99Mar 25, 2020 4:31 AM
Mar 16, 2020 7:51 AM
Sep 2015
I want to watch episode 12-13 in one go!

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a way to bring crushed people back.
Mar 16, 2020 9:11 AM
Feb 2020
The episode ended in a weird place lol.
Makes me wonder what's so important on that USB stick.

Also, I'm kinda hoping that Satoru figured it out when he went to wake Katsuragi up and that he's just putting on an act, hopefully!
Mar 16, 2020 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Legit can't wait for next week now. I'm hype as fuck. One for sure is bound to be crushed out the three.
Mar 16, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
I feel so bad for Hiroki. He's being used as a pawn by so many people and pulled in so many different directions

Tsukasa is so manipulative and cunning it's scary. All of this planning and all these lies just to get rid of Satoru. Satoru did well to question everything, but Tsukasa was ahead of him on that front too and altered Katsuragi's memories.

Only one more episode to go, I hope Meiling comes in clutch and is able to warn Satoru/Hiroki about the situation.

Has anyone read the manga? Does it go beyond this season or is this pretty much all of the story?

I wish more people checked this out and gave it a chance past ep 1. Pretty good show.
Mar 16, 2020 9:45 AM

Jun 2019
I wonder if Satoru managed to find the USB drive and now knows what is going on. I'm hoping he does or everyone is going to get a bad ending here.

It really feels like Tsukasa will get crushed and Hiroki will spend the rest of his life taking care of him.
Mar 16, 2020 1:14 PM

Nov 2019
So.. They decided to doubleteam Hiroki..

Satoru doesn't know he's about to be taken (on) from behind..

And to top it off, Hiroki is in risk of getting his mind blown (up) too if he rejects him..

Mar 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Uh, I wonder if Hiroki's monologue is a hint that Tsukasa may be redeemed. While it's true the environment he grew up and was abandoned basically fucked up his mental health from an early age it's quite hard to imagine him coming back from all of this.

Mar 16, 2020 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
Marinate1016 said:

Only one more episode to go, I hope Meiling comes in clutch and is able to warn Satoru/Hiroki about the situation.

Has anyone read the manga? Does it go beyond this season or is this pretty much all of the story?

The anime actually 13ep. So 2 more to go.

And yes. The manga doesn't have any other arc.
Mar 16, 2020 7:25 PM
Jun 2019
This episode was fantastic
Mar 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Oct 2019
I'm saddened that right now the score is 6.22, definitely deserves higher than that. Loving how everything is coming together and maybe I should of waited until this was finished airing cause I NEED the rest.

Cheers m8
Mar 17, 2020 1:45 AM
Jun 2016
THIS ANIME DESERVES THE HIGHEST RATING.
Mar 17, 2020 2:38 AM
Jan 2020
Poor Hiroki...even after all this mess, he's still thinking of protecting Tsukasa, while the psycho on the other hand is thinking of crushing him and keeping him like a living doll.
I know Satoru is a lot smarter than the others give him credit for, but let's see what happens...
As for Tsukasa, well...The OP already gave a clear visual of how he ends up.

Seriously Ppl. ought to check this anime out before writing it off. All shows can't be the same and follow the same formular. "PET" is very different and that's what makes it unique.
CrushemerylushMar 17, 2020 2:42 AM
Mar 17, 2020 3:00 AM

Mar 2016
Tsukasa has finally turned full yandere.

I really don't want Hiroki and Satoru to fight.

I am still hoping Hayashi comes back somehow.

Hiroki is in a terrible place right now. I want to pick up the pieces of his heart and connect them all together.
Mar 17, 2020 3:13 AM

Feb 2014
Everytime a new episode is out, the madness oozes. All of them are bounded and beyond redemption. Even Satoru got corrupted. Now only Hiroki remains pure, only if he would be independent.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 17, 2020 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
Now it's not just Hiroki that Tsukasa is planning to backstab, but killing two birds with one stone on Satoru with the already crushed Hayashi.

It's no mistake that the Company and Tsukasa are on bonded terms to eliminate anyone crossing swords with them, but to use people as tools a.k.a Meiling and her lock-less butterfly (which in irony is more powerful and useful in the long-term).

Nonetheless, as smart and naive Satoru manages to weed Tsukasa and the rest out of their pretense, his questions are always deflected for the benefits of the Company and Long. So much for "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" tactic.

So essentially by manipulating "Doraemon" Satoru with his doors, the devised plan to find and crush Hiroki is in cahoots, whilst Tsukasa still keeps his plan in secrecy to save the latter and crush the former. What a twisted plan this is just to save face.

Hiroki in his infinite wisdom, wants to save Tsukasa and not crush Satoru, but the truth revealed doesn't even touch what's about to happen next. The purest out of the entire fiasco, things are getting harder if Hiroki is to be the catalyst to finish this business.
Mar 17, 2020 4:44 AM

Nov 2019
We all have our favourite contestant(s) character(s) of course..

We often choose them at the start of the season..

And sometimes those choices change..

For example, when you find out one of them is a (serial) rapist or the other turns out to be a psychopath..

But regardless.. If this show has shown as anything, It's that anything can happen on the dancefloor battlefield..

Mar 17, 2020 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
Lol. Tsukasa again. Good comedy. I'd love to see him pwned in the end with Satoru realizing something. Though Tsukasa tried a lot to prevent this ... there were just too many hints that he might notice something in the end. I literally only watch this to see Tsukasa's face when he gets pwnd in the end. :D
Mar 17, 2020 5:00 AM

Jul 2016
Ellenwitch said:
Legit can't wait for next week now. I'm hype as fuck. One for sure is bound to be crushed out the three.

Reckon it will be tsukasa. Satoru will find out via the carrier bigeon (katsu) and will fuck him up.
Mar 17, 2020 10:55 AM

Sep 2017
Man how does Hiroki get out of this. They are really playing Satoru like a fiddle. There's just so much scheming going on. Idk what the carrier pigeon is but I'm sure it will cause the tides to turn somehow.
Mar 17, 2020 7:38 PM
Aug 2016
phantomfandom said:
I want to watch episode 12-13 in one go!

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a way to bring crushed people back.

I think it's possible, but only if you have that "back door" that once allowed Tsukasa to come back, and it seems Tsukasa did that with that possibility in mind, then those who didn't do that back door are completely dead.
Mar 18, 2020 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
Hiroki is in a pitch! i do definitely hope he get's out of this and and not be just a slave for someone forever!
5/5.

Mar 18, 2020 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Tsukasa has lost it. With his declaration of not being afraid to crush Hiroki he's cemented his place as the guy who will eventually be crushed. A very interesting and tragic character.
Mar 19, 2020 5:09 AM

Sep 2016
Even though I love how twisted Tsukasa is as a character, I'm still a bit surprised that he's OK with crushing Hiroki & feeding him for the rest of his life.
Somehow I feel like that things will get worse than Tsukasa's bottom line. Maybe Hiroki's memories will be rewriten & forget Tsukasa? Or Tsukasa's memories or even his super power will be taken away cuz there's something about taking away the 'image' in the OP?

It will be interesting if Satoru becomes the one who saves Tsukasa, but that's obviously only in my braincanon.
Mar 19, 2020 8:42 AM

Nov 2019
Aaaand the award goes tooooooooo, TSUKASA!!

Seriously rooting for Satoru to get out of this mess, while Hiroki can get crushed for all I care, I like Tsukasa but I think he's done too coz he didn't know what Hayashi told Meiling
Mar 19, 2020 2:34 PM

May 2017
Im worried about hiroki...hoping he will be okay & save until the end of the series
Mar 21, 2020 7:46 AM
Jan 2020
Now that I think about it... I want Katsuragi to get crushed. His annoying wise-guy, smoking face pisses me off especially cos he's always the one responsible for effing things up. I'll be happy with whatever ending we get as long as Katsuragi gets crushed.
Mar 22, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2010
Crushemerylush said:
Now that I think about it... I want Katsuragi to get crushed. His annoying wise-guy, smoking face pisses me off especially cos he's always the one responsible for effing things up. I'll be happy with whatever ending we get as long as Katsuragi gets crushed.
To be fair, Katsuragi deserves some amount of respect for his professionalism. While he's not a good guy like Satoru, at least he's doing his job without getting involved with things that he shouldn't. Sometimes being straightforward has its pros(no pun intended).
Mar 22, 2020 9:56 AM
Jan 2020
Meritas said:
Crushemerylush said:
To be fair, Katsuragi deserves some amount of respect for his professionalism. While he's not a good guy like Satoru, at least he's doing his job without getting involved with things that he shouldn't. Sometimes being straightforward has its pros(no pun intended).

No one in this Series is a "good" guy. However some are more twisted than others i.e Tsukasa... Katsuragi may be a professional but it doesn't change the fact that he's annoying and in many ways smug.
Mar 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Nov 2019
Don't you hate it when you leave the door unlocked and all the pets come in and trash the place.. #prayformeiling

this_shit_againMar 23, 2020 5:55 AM
Mar 23, 2020 11:41 AM

Oct 2017
Everything's going according to the plan so far but I still got chills thinking when the plan might go wrong. Also tbh I kinda feel bad for Hiroki.
Mar 23, 2020 2:05 PM

Dec 2010
Crushemerylush said:
No one in this Series is a "good" guy. However some are more twisted than others i.e Tsukasa... Katsuragi may be a professional but it doesn't change the fact that he's annoying and in many ways smug.
I would say that people like Satoru and Hayashi are as good as you can get, when you're in their position. Could they refuse to abide by the company and die in the process? Sure, but is that the proper way to go about it? Even when he was doing the Company's dirty jobs, Hayashi tried to help multiple people who would've never lived proper lives otherwise(even if he underestimated the Company). Even Tsukasa and Hiroki only manipulated people's memories, when they could avoid full crushing, and we're speaking about a company which would straight kill people to avoid the slightest complications and even sell children's organs
Mar 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Oct 2018
I feel so bad for Hiroki. He's being used as a pawn by so many people and pulled in so many different directions
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 27, 2020 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 29, 2020 10:19 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was good but they should ended with a different situation like Tsukasa saying to Satoru that they are going to look for Hiroki instead of finished it off in the middle of a battle.

It looks like that Tsukasa is going to be crushed but idk.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 25, 2020 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
Tsukasa you sneaky bastard, that was quite the elaborate plan from manipulating Satoru to capturing Hiroki

Jun 20, 2020 9:48 AM

Jul 2019
'Something here is giving me the creeps.' Couldn't have formulated it better.

This won't end well for most people involved but I hope that at least Hiroki gets out of this treacherous cestpool. Satoru could also make it out but I fear he will confront the company with everythings he's got and alone his chances are null.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.