Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 28, 2010 4:05 AM

Dec 2010
Well, all in all, that was most satisfactory. It'd be pretty interesting to find a copy of the book, I'll bet there's a whole bunch more technical jargon.

Mmmmmm... jargon.
Dec 29, 2010 2:50 AM

May 2008
10/10

A Real Psychological anime....XD

The One thing that i didn't get at all...Who is the real Ichiro? The Tall one or the short one...Well Yeah of course, the Rabbit is just a costume...the patients' cases are so interesting that i haven't really thought bout it XD and why does ichiro appears in every patients move (For example Bando *the baseball player*, Ichiro was in the playing field), is it because of the vitamins XD

Jan 11, 2011 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
Refreshing and intelligent series. A shame that it was so short, but I really enjoyed it a lot. Waiting for a second season.

8/10
Jan 16, 2011 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
Perfection doesn't exist.
'No one is perfect', just as the final scene of the final episode pointed out.
But this series is as close to perfect as anything can get.

10/10.
Utter masterpiece.
From every anime or manga I've watched or read I have never felt enjoyment for every passing minute for every episode. The main character was amazing, so likeable with a fantastic design that made me instantly fall in love with him.

I never thought that this would send out such an important message, but I am glad it did, it's just amazing. It sucks how this anime will never be recognised as much as the more 'popular' ones.

This was a unique experience and I enjoyed the journey. Best piece of art I've ever witnessed. A masterpiece.
May 30, 2011 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
Masterpiece. 10/10
Jun 30, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2010
I have to watch it two times to fully get in track and it was worth it.

"You have to take note of the voices of all the canaries around you."

That made everything clear. Realistic depiction was excellently done.

The end part where the 3 of them laughing was great esp. the line about their "canary" patient.

Overall, it was an awesome series. Refreshing in terms of concept , animation and being a psychological series.

10/10 - Nothing is perfect but this one is closer to it. :)

Also, Nakamura, you amused me here... xD

StormViruzJun 30, 2011 10:51 AM
Nov 6, 2012 7:41 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome, this episode was the continuation of my favorite episode.
Apr 17, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
Dr. Irabu is a great character.
Jun 1, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2012
Decent ending episode of this quite interesting but weird anime with its unique art style that reminded me so to the movie Mind Game! Well I did enjoyed the nurse :p and some of the patients! Well a fine anime in general! /6/10
Jun 12, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
That ending was beautiful, really enjoyed this series.
Jun 17, 2013 6:34 PM

Nov 2011

"So stupid"
"I love ya".

No one is perfect
This series has some of the most strange quotes. If I graded this out of strangenss, it would score 11/10. However based on enjoyment and some objectivity, I rate this 8.5/10. Definitely unique that's for sure.
Jul 29, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2010
I wanted MOOOOOOORE ♥n♥
Sep 29, 2013 2:02 AM

Jun 2013
Great show. Worth my time. Irabu, you'll be missed! In my opinion, it's really underrated show.
Nov 18, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
It was utterly brilliant. I liked the fact that every episode was different and self-closing but in the same way was connected to each other. The best thing anyway was the message the show was willing to give us: No one is perfect.

10/10, because the episode 10 conquered my heart.
Dec 1, 2013 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
Dam this is one of those anime you get really upset when you finish since you want more ;_; Was very entertaining and glad it was my first Psychological+Comedy anime. Hope to see more of it one day but just like with Mononke I doubt it'll ever happen :(

9/10.
Dec 16, 2013 8:50 AM
Dec 2010
Definitely better than what i expected. Makes me crave for more! And that nurse Mayumi, so hot! I would like to give her an injection. Haha. 10/10
Apr 15, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2010
The metaphor with the canary was striking, comparing it with the ones close to you
and family

This was like a spiced up Dr. Katz on drugs curing the mental disorders
The animation style was unique and blend in well with the live action scenes
I have marathon this entire show with some breaks similar to "Mushi-shi" each episode has strong episodic stories
That said the characters that are focused on each time will appear again due to the events crossing it's path

The OP would have been a hit like Gangnamstyle if there was an equally absurd PV made of it
I liked the nostalgic ED as well

Dr. Irabu and Mayumi had made a great impression onscreen with their playful and smart remarks

The best episode to me was the cellphone addiction which is a modern trend nowadays
I will be missing the comedy
Apr 18, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, what an amazing series, I loved the last sentence: No one is perfect!, that, and the Nodame Cantabile picture at the end, just amazing!!! <3 Would love to have more!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2015 1:33 AM
Jan 2012
That was beautiful.
MatijaxDJan 25, 2015 2:34 AM
Mar 12, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2014
The final episode wasn't my favourite, but it was still pretty decent.

This really was a great series, loved the surrealism of it, and I felt like I could relate to some of the patient's problems.
Mar 22, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Okay, I thought the previous episode was the best one, but I liked this one more :)
A really great way to end this amazingly exceptional anime. No one is perfect!
Mar 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
A good series which saved its 2 best episodes for last. I would watch a second season (it's never going to happen, though).
Time to watch Mononoke, I guess.
Jun 12, 2015 2:26 PM
Feb 2011
What a great episode to end the series.
A solid 8/10.
Aug 26, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
Oh what a dick of a dad...no wonder why Yuta had issues.

No one is perfect...sums up the show perfectly. 9/10.
Oct 28, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2015
Wish people would give the series a try once they leave school. Might find something important.
Nov 30, 2015 1:24 AM
Mar 2015
This was an amazing show. I loved that last sentence.

10/10
Mar 4, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
the yellow bird, really?

i'm actually sad this ended so fast. it was so good and different. ;;
i'm gonna miss irabu. <3 [and i'm certainly gonna miss mayumi.]
Mar 11, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
Will definitely have to come back and rewatch this. Was different from what I thought it'd be, but this was still pretty good.

The poor mother though. I'm glad she got a happy ending.
Jun 26, 2016 7:30 PM

Feb 2016
What a great last episode with a strong message ''No one is perfect!'' to end this beautiful anime. It's too bad that Kuuchuu Buranko seems pretty unknown among the anime community. Irabu and Mayumi were so awesome and I will miss them for sure!
Jul 15, 2016 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
I gave the series a rewatch and it's still one of my favourites, it ages really well!
Jul 20, 2016 1:44 AM

Mar 2012
Necronomicon said:
I gave the series a rewatch and it's still one of my favourites, it ages really well!

Just finished rewatching it as well and I feel like I probably enjoyed it even more than the first time. Such a great show.
Sep 2, 2016 7:07 PM

Dec 2014
Seems like I'm in a minority on not liking it very much. But I can see why most people enjoy this anime, it just didn't click with me. I'm still glad that I watched it and enjoyed the overall themes of the show.

5/10
Sep 19, 2016 8:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Every episode seemed to involve me more. I think that Bando was my favorite patient. All the episodes that had him throwing badly just made me laugh. Then of course Mayumi was better than a vitamin shot for making me feel..........better. All told, 8/10 and happy with the whole series.

Dec 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Feb 2016
The last episode was pretty deep, it can be argued that the last patient was the viewer! I really enjoyed this show, added to my favourites without a second guessing.

Hi guys, does anyone know what gives with Irabu's three forms?

Another thing I never understood which they increasingly showed as the show reach the middle point is why when the kid takes centre stage is the teddy bear ego either dragged around by the kid or propped up somewhere in the room?

Is Irabu himself plagued with mental disorders, after all "no one is perfect". I don't know the correct term but multiple personality disorder is when one personality takes over and the others stay dormant. If I remember correctly the other personalities are not also active when that happens resulting in a confused patient when the 'dominant' personality regains control. Perhaps the lifeless teddybear is suggesting this?

I also saw it as the patient 'maturing' as they dig deeper into their problems. It always start with the abstract being the teddy bear, mostly or all swaps to the kid and finally the adult as the root of the disorder becomes fleshed out. At the end the patient gains a little bit of control over their disorder and are more self aware, the result is a balanced representation of all three egos?
Cloud_IllusionDec 20, 2016 4:37 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jan 13, 2017 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
I'm glad I discovered this anime. It certainly is unique and in a class of its own. A literal psychological anime indeed. I absolutely love Irabu's various forms and of course Mayumi!
allo
May 27, 2017 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
i could watch this anime forever tbh, i love the quirkiness and humor to it. each of the stories were extremely interesting and fun to watch.

10/10
Aug 22, 2017 8:38 AM
Nov 2015
It's good. Though I like the son's episode better
Aug 22, 2017 8:47 AM
Nov 2015
Rosny said:
The last episode was pretty deep, it can be argued that the last patient was the viewer! I really enjoyed this show, added to my favourites without a second guessing.

Hi guys, does anyone know what gives with Irabu's three forms?

Another thing I never understood which they increasingly showed as the show reach the middle point is why when the kid takes centre stage is the teddy bear ego either dragged around by the kid or propped up somewhere in the room?

My take.

I think Irabu is not really a physical doctor, as much as a symbolic one. Like how he can pop up anywhere, go through wall ...

When the patient goes meet Irabu, he meets the teddy bear. Which is a mask. Which maybe stands for the mask, the disorder that the patient hides behind, falls victim to. (cannot see his true self)

During treatment, he sees the child. Which I think in Freudian terms means digging into your deepest feelings, thoughts, like, going to the roots of the problems.

Then the teenage form appears, mostly it's when the patient is progressing well, and about to be normal again. Though maybe I miss sth and this is not always the case.
Oct 20, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2015
I loved this anime especially when Irabu sensei and Mayumi-chan give patients vitamin shots for the sake of it (Irabu watching like a curios kid), what a masochist. Also I must no forget Fukuicchi with his additional lessons on those psychological disorders and compulsive behavior. This last episode about Hideo Tsuda and his son Yuta being distant with each other was a great lesson to parents and children relationships. I will forever miss those three personality he portrayed and also that evil laugh killed.

At first I didn't get it but I learned to love it.9/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 2, 2018 6:12 AM

Oct 2015
So we ended with the father huh. It was fine, I preferred the others but it's a pretty solid series. 7/10 This conclusion was pretty meh. I feel like most of the disorders mentioned in this anime are some things I feel like I have not as excessive as this but still, pretty relatable at times.

A random thought that crossed my mind: I think this style might fit source materials like Oyasumi Punpun :p especially with the mash of 2d and 3d faces
Feb 25, 2018 5:34 PM

Aug 2014
Great anime.
I work in medical field as well so this added more enjoyment to me.

The anime is never silly or dumb its always unique and smart with how it delivers its message, the art is nice but sometimes feels messy.

I had a lot of fun watching it, one of my favorites.

8.5/10
Nov 27, 2018 6:42 PM

Dec 2017
10/10 AWERSOME ANIME

May 17, 2019 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
I'm probably the minority that this anime wasn't my favorite.
It's def not bad on any terms, and I will give credit to it's very unique design. I guess I was expecting something more... weird? Like I know it wasn't run-of-the mill story, but it felt very grounded for a psychological anime, despite the imagery.

I felt the last two episodes were pretty good, but I wish that whole feeling carried throughout the series. I admit I was very bored at some parts and struggled to finish it. I'll give it a 6/10 from my original average 5 score, if only due to the last couple episodes.

Feb 4, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2012
So that's how Yuta's story ended
I feel like the doctor got cured really fast, way too fast
Cured without treatment, I guess time-restraint is just too strict

Awww I'll miss Irabu and Mayumi
Especially the "injection" scene xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 10, 2020 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
Nice way to wrap things up.

And great series overall. Didn't really catch me at first despite working in a hospital, but with each episode I grew more fond of the crazy style. Of course the story couldn't dive very deep into the subject matter, but the presentation was interesting. I also liked that you could always find something most of us can relate to, which made it easier to get invested into the characters and their struggle. Another aspect I enjoyed was how episode were connected to each other. Makes the universe more organic and adds to the rewatch value.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
The series was an experience to say the least. Hard to watch at times and somewhat repeatitive, it's nonetheless one of the most interesting psychological anime, both because of its subject and of its approach of the subject.

Firstly because the subject is psychiatry, we don't go from bland characters to cliche motivations pasted on them (as is often the norm in anime), but from clinical issues that slowly unravel a character. Secondly the approach always strive for originality: with the one-face patient, the omniscient physician, the psychedelic colours, the mix of realistic and more cartoonish styles.

The main effect is to erase borders: borders between patient and doctor, between patient and human being, between human and animal, between work and art. Mindscape and reality become one. But have they not always been one? Nothing is fixed, everything overflows with life. No one is perfect.
Jun 26, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2014
Short and sweet. The last episodes were really good.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Aug 21, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
All taxi drivers in the show are female. Just an observation.

Toru Furuya (Amuro) as Tsuda!

I lost it when Kenji Nakamura'face appeared as a patient xD

Nice closing episode with simple yet touching theme. And finally something like an explanation for canaries! Looked a bit like breaking the 4th wall. Also, Irabu's 3 forms met in one shot!

P.S. Just discovered that Irabu's child form is a boy, not a girl haha
St0rmbladeAug 21, 2020 1:15 PM
Feb 2, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2017
If you did not wave back every time Mayumi-chan waves at the end of an episode I will be very disappointed.

10/10
cunnysseur
Feb 12, 2021 2:35 AM

May 2020
Not the strongest final episode. But it does bring a semi-decent conclusion for Yuta. His dad's still a dick. I hope his poor mom gets some happiness in the future. She's probably the one that requires the most help.

This series was pretty good but its strong first half was not followed by a strong second-half. I just feel like the the episodes in the second half weren't as good.

7/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

96 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

198 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2009

68 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2009

45 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

53 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.