Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, let those delicious tears flow

I found some of the art they made cute this episode. The bike races were quick and swift, just the way I like it as well. Even without a whole patch of world fiction, the series retains its energy. Not bad. Loved the explosiveness and speed of the race too especially involving the race.
Feb 14, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2010
Tomoki and Himeko looks great together.

It was nice to see that each of them in their own way really showed their passion for doing the things that they love so much.

The race was quite awesome with Dandy-san and Tomoki. The vice captain using rockets, the two captains were really understanding people though. Tomoki riding a bike and still beating the motorcycle on an incline. The aura he had around him was quite fun. Seeing everything concluding well was nice with the two sides coming into one as shown by the Shachihoko!
Feb 14, 2015 10:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Tomoki complemented Himeko saying she'd gotten pretty, but was he only looking at her face? Sly guy. :p

Nice seeing Himeko deciding to work on the shachihoko after all. Same goes for Tomoki who finally showed up in the race. The mutual feelings on their respective passions was well depicted.

Shachihoko arrangement scene was nice too. Motorcycle and jumbo friend shrimp to bring peace in the town. Good job, Rolling Girls!

Decent episode. Looks like Chiaya spotted another stone at the end there!

Feb 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
Well... Animation was pretty awesome.
And that is all about this episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 14, 2015 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Tomoki won the race by using a bike and defeated the motorcycle was pretty amazing!
Feb 14, 2015 11:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That race was pretty cool I must admit

Really liked all the emotional stuff in this episode.....Felt really heart-warming and the conclusion made me smile :)

I'm glad that Hime and the Biker dude both realized what they truly loved/wanted to do in life...They're kinda cute together too lol =P
Feb 14, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2014
Badass Tomoki wins a race on a bike against a motorcycle.
Feb 14, 2015 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Quite good and heartwarming episode.

The insert song was nice as well.
Feb 14, 2015 12:20 PM
Oct 2012
The best word to describe this series is "fun". It has other things, but mostly it is about having fun.

Tomiki regaining purpose and transcending the motorcycle,
Dandy, well just being so damn Dandy,
Himeko, seeking the fusion between the old and the new, trying to unite the area,
The townspeople, in noticing that sachihoko was kind of stupid looking, but quickly getting that it did best represent the town and embracing it.

And the girls are starting to step it up, Nozomi doing an almost Macha green thing there.

Fun all around. Nice episode.
Feb 14, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
Interesting in a way.

In the end the race ended up pretty hectic with one of the races cheating and the other ridding a bicycle.
Well it was a nice finish.
Feb 14, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
More of episode 1 please.
Feb 14, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
TRAIN TRAIN hashitte kuru!
TRAIN TRAIN doko made mo!
TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!!!!!

Ok, I'm going a bit crazy here because this epic Blue Hearts song appeared as a cover in the ep, f***ing awesome!!^^

Really hope that Linda Linda will be also covered in a later episode!

The ep itself was pretty cool, too. Nice conclusion to the shahihoko arc^^

Next ep, next ep!
Feb 14, 2015 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
Good thing is you could follow the story by just watching what happened and it was pretty simple overall. But somehow I really had problems to follow the conversations in this episode. Really long texts for short amounts of time. I guess I would have enjoyed this episode far more if it would have been dubbed but yeah whatever.
Feb 14, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was certainly a cute solution to unite the warring factions. Plus Himeko reconciled with her dad which was nice. A bit more of our main girls'personalities even squeaked out. Looking forward to where we go from here.
Feb 14, 2015 2:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
30 seconds of awesomeness with Tomoki winning the race like that (the animation and art!)

Everything else was bland. I want stuff from the first two episodes back! :(
Feb 14, 2015 2:56 PM

Jun 2014
Smudy said:
... I want stuff from the first two episodes back! :(

If only the whole show were like those 2 eps + this one then it could be a classic. Have hopes for this yet.
Feb 14, 2015 3:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Loved the energy this episode had. Glad Chiaya is back to normal! The race was really cool too. I liked the song that went with it.

As much as I like this show, I have to admit, it's really all over the place. I'm finding it difficult to follow in some places, then later things don't make sense. It usually helps if I watch it more than once, but perhaps when the dub comes out next Saturday, I'll be able to better understand everything.
Feb 14, 2015 3:33 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
daaaaamn dat race.
Feb 14, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
Lovely episode. The energy and animation in this is still as high as usual, I love it xD

But damn Tomoki is so BA, beating a motorbike!

Feb 14, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2012
Boring episode,up until that last part of the race when the guy beat the motorcycle on a bike & was racing up the ramp as it was falling apart.
Feb 14, 2015 4:05 PM

Feb 2011
ohoh there it starts, chiaya's health is worsening..
lol at yukina, getting lost by following someone very far lookalike xD

wth did they build? a dragon? a mustaced face? that thing is creepy xD

missiles from the motorbike?...

perfect landing xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 14, 2015 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
This episode isn't as bad as the previous ones. It just lacks teeth. The girls still don't get much to do and a lot of what transpired feels like something I could get from a Disney cartoon. Just can't care for characters when the consequences of failure are so light and care-free.

Also, whilst there were some nice animation tricks in the motorcycle race, it was pretty boring for the most part. A large chunk of the time was spent looking at the crowd and there's only two racers at most on the screen. When combined with the show's static character animation and that godawful shading they inserted at random points (to ramp up tension? I dunno), it's just not very exciting.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 14, 2015 7:35 PM

Mar 2014
I laughed a little more this episode, and Himeko got a modicum of development so that was nice. But still no plot threads that I can see here, so it really feels like another filler arc again. I don't appreciate that feeling; don't introduce what looks like an actual plot and then conveniently forget about it.
Also, stellar animation quality at the beginning of the episode with Tomoki and Himeko in the restaurant. It's rare that I actually notice something like that, it's that frigging blatant.

I'll give this episode a pass. They can clearly do the basics of character development, but I'm still not feeling the main characters at all and the plot has been essentially nonexistent for four episodes except for those frigging stones popping up. I'm usually a patient guy and there's no word on how long the show runs for, but it still worries me.
Feb 14, 2015 11:51 PM

May 2014
This was a cool and fun episode. Really crazy how the dude won with the bicycle. Probably because of the stone he had. Well, it seems that place has peace now after all the dispute between the people and the motorcyclists. I'm guessing that the girls are off to another place to restore peace.
Feb 15, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2013
Was fun, the insert song was good and that bike race was great.
Feb 15, 2015 3:22 AM

Oct 2014
Fun episode with a great race and awesome insert song.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Feb 15, 2015 3:32 AM

Apr 2013
Another 5/5 superb episode, loved the race bit the most, great insert song!
Feb 15, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
did chiaya really transform into a fish!? o_o
Feb 15, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
That episode was awesome. The race was cool and I liked the decorated shachihoko.
I also found it funny how the one motorcycler always talks while sitting on the motorcycle and you don't understand a word lol

Feb 15, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
The best word to describe this series is "fun". It has other things, but mostly it is about having fun.

Fun all around. Nice episode.

These are exactly my thoughts. I had hopped for much more fighting between "Bests" but then I realized that its different everywhere, so is the fighting. and that was cool to see.
Loved the switch up in animation during the racing too!
I still wonder what triggers those stones to fall? At first i thought it was a near death experience caused them to fall. Also, the people who have the stones, have power. But the power doesn't seem to come from the stone. Even if they have a different stone on them, they have the same power. so the stone unlocks inner power?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 15, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
In the end it was really intense for both riders and for Himeko-chan who was made those great "fish statues"... :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 15, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
That episode was goddamn amazing I don't know what half of you are complaining about.

If the show was nonstop action then either you'd get desensitized to the action or they'd just have to keep raising the stakes until it loses all effect.

This is a good mix.
Feb 15, 2015 8:31 PM

Aug 2014
JustinTaco said:
That episode was goddamn amazing I don't know what half of you are complaining about.

If the show was nonstop action then either you'd get desensitized to the action or they'd just have to keep raising the stakes until it loses all effect.

This is a good mix.

I agree, Nozomi isn't even a "best", they are banding together to solve differences and bring people together. So I wouldn't expect to see a lot of fighting.

The whole plot that people say is nonexistent is for Maccha Green, now Nozomi and gang, to help these people resolve their differences, (that bag filled with a bunch of request letters) not fight against each other. Payment for this service is the stone from each of the regions bests as requested from Chiaya's mother. Eliminating the need to have Bests which will "apparently" to bring order to Japan. This was established in the first episode and everyone just seemed to forget and thought, "oh, cool fight, I like this". The reason she wants the stones will be a twist or dramatic development later down the line.

Rolling, Falling, Scrambling Girls. For others. For themselves. Even if they’re destined to be a "mob" - says it all.

Anyway, awesome episode, but did anyone else notice the missing frame during the explosion when they fired the canons at the shachihoko?
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 16, 2015 4:57 AM
Oct 2013
I love this anime so far and this episode was really amazing i hope there will be even more Blue Hearts ^^
Feb 16, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2012
ramenshojo said:
Smudy said:
... I want stuff from the first two episodes back! :(

If only the whole show were like those 2 eps + this one then it could be a classic. Have hopes for this yet.

Me too.
Feb 16, 2015 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
I still have no idea what the hell this show is about, but its entertaining nonetheless.
Feb 16, 2015 10:09 PM

Jul 2014
Loved this episode!!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 17, 2015 4:15 AM

May 2013
Another decent episode. What a race that was. Well, the bicycle part didn't really impress my expectations. The father-daughter relationship got better. Making the shachihoko together like they promised.
Feb 17, 2015 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
Not too bad of an episode, but I already miss Kuniko, Masami, and the awesome fight scenes. Hopefully those two will come back soon though.
Feb 17, 2015 6:36 PM

Aug 2013
What are those plebs talking about? What's more awesome putting two giant shachihoko on a freaking bycicle, then bazzoka the fuck out of it? That was so epic, even if I didn't understood what the fuck it meant.

Dandy fucking opened his eyes! It's happening!!!
Evil motorcycle dude was hilarious as fuck too.

I laughed when Yukina said full of confidence ''I'll do it!'' and it turned out like crap xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 18, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that stands out for its qualities narrative quite weird and out of the ordinary.
I would not call one of the best, but usable and likeable enough.
As for the drawings are in the media, the other thing is the soundtrack which proves much more appealing.

rsc-pl said:
Well... Animation was pretty awesome.
And that is all about this episode.

LOL !
Feb 18, 2015 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
I just feel really disconnected from this show. It's spontaneous and lighthearted, I guess, but I can't find anything in it that really matters to me at this point. :/ I guess I'm also aboard the "more of episodes 1 and 2" boat.
Feb 18, 2015 9:19 PM
Oct 2010
Zeando said:
ohoh there it starts, chiaya's health is worsening..
Try sleeping in a fridge and see if you don't catch a cold. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Aug 2011
I thought this episode was tons of fun. It may not have been bikes clashing against each other or kickass action, but I thought it was really cool when Tomoki beat a frigging motorbike with a bicycle. Himeko's revelation that she loves what she does was cute to watch as well, and the results of the Rolling Girls' awful creations were LOL. Especially since Yukina looked like she knew what she was doing.

And when they shot tires and a jumbo shrimp onto the Shachihoko, that was pretty great. I liked the recoil on the bikes.

My only gripe in this arc is the fact that I don't know what exactly they were fighting over, because there were so many things happening that I couldn't keep up. It ended on a cool note, but left me wondering why it was relevant. I guess they were just fighting over naming the country? Some people wanted to keep the old name, and not adapt to the racers' town? I'll have to rewatch to get a better idea.

I'm hoping the series continues into the Spring season, or at least gets a second season if it's one cour. There's still lots of Bests to help out (based on ED, and each apparently get two episodes), as well as figuring out things like why Chiaya can shape-shift, her mother's goal, etc. I'd also love to see the Tokorozawa Bests/Rests return as well. If it doesn't happen I won't be upset, but the series has potential to be something much greater than it already is.

Feb 19, 2015 8:48 AM

May 2010
The motor cyclists are SOOOOO annoying. Like speak with your mouth, damn it.

That was really something. Have never seen anything like this, that's for sure. Loved the insert song. Didn't get the rules of the race tho, too abstract. Must be a culture thing in their world.

And there goes the stone.
Feb 19, 2015 8:49 PM
Mar 2014
This episode was boring as hell, I miss maccha green and her team too.
Feb 20, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
A pretty heart-warming episode. Really liked that race scene. Look forward to next week!
Feb 23, 2015 1:11 AM

Jun 2013
Wow. That was one emotionally fun episode.
The insert scene though...

TRAIN TRAINNNNNNNN

CD Single release when?
Feb 25, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
Funny episode as usual. Tomoki won with his bike, such an epic race !
Feb 25, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
Well, so long as I'm not focusing on the story, this episode was pretty okay.

The story really is awful, though. It's too disconnected, and the characters aren't even being developed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.