Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 12, 7:50 PM
Oct 2018
The episode was ok, it developed the story in a new direction, but there’s only one episode left, and there’s no way things can be wrapped up this quickly. So I guess it will be somewhat of an open ended ending, and hoping for S2.
Sep 12, 7:55 PM
Aug 2024
Yo what was that hand holding in the very last 10 seconds of the episode
Sep 12, 8:20 PM

Aug 2022
- What started out as a seemingly innocuous conversation about the parent-teacher meeting, became an opportunity for Maaya to ask Yuuta if he has romantic feelings for Saki. With Yuuta's denial, the romantic shipper in Maaya gives our lead the courtesy of informing her intent to ship someone else with Saki.

- The parent-teacher meeting was merely the setup for Yuuta's affirmation that he accepted his stepmom. Good on him.

- The thought of going to a women's university with demanding requirements didn't sit well with Saki.

- Of all the places suggested for Saki, it had to be Shiori's school.

- Shiori's teacher was able to sense something's up with Saki. That something was of course Saki's romantic feelings for Yuuta. The use of a hand puppet during the conversation is unconventional.

- Interesting observations that Shiori's teacher brings forward. Saki could become an actress, if she wanted to. Also, what if Saki's feelings was the byproduct Yuuta's supportive behavior, instead of Saki naturally falling in love?

- Megane-san returns. Turns out she's a night owl.

- Shiori's teacher suggests that Saki ought to go out of her shell and be sociable towards more people. But before their talk ends, the suggestion for Saki to treasure her feelings (presumably her romantic feelings for Yuuta) is brought up. Man I wish I had a teacher like that to psychoanalyze my crush.

- Of course, the ethics lecture had to cover a topic like "consanguineous marriage".

- Megane-san seemed conscious about having seaweed in her teeth while accompanying Yuuta.

- Saki called Shiori's teacher weird, but didn't bring up the hand puppet.... Plus, I did not get the impression that Saki and the professor had an "argument". Seems like Saki was just uncomfortable with a stranger having read her like an open book during their first meeting.

- "...we're getting closer and closer to becoming a perfectly normal 17 year old brother and sister." We shall see Yuuta.... and the shippers on deck are rooting against that conclusion.

- " & " Odd title for the finale next week.
Sep 12, 8:45 PM

Nov 2021
Saki and Yuuta are basically separated the entire episode, and most distant by the end. I'm very curious to see how this will end, hopefully with a satisfying finale (even though its ongoing
Sep 12, 9:41 PM
Oct 2017
It was really hard to continuing watching this anime, everything feels so forced and weird at the same time. Idk what will happen in the last episode, but I don't expect anything from this series atp
Sep 12, 10:41 PM

May 2019
Reply to Lightsrevenge
Alfredo-Sauce said:
I have mixed feelings about this episode as it appears that 3rd parties are implying that both Yuta and Saki should see other people such as Maaya with Yuta and the weird teacher with Saki although the teacher made a case for Saki being honest with herself. The teacher in particular felt random and forced as I find it hard to believe she received all of that information from Shiori about Saki and was able to decipher what's going on in a short time.

Anyways, I don't care much for Saki constantly calling Yuta her "big brother" but we'll see how this ends. On a separate note, Yuta now has another potential girlfriend in that girl he sees at the study, she seems alright.

I think the teacher had a vague idea what was going on and deduces the rest on her own and from Sakis response to her questions. She did say that Shiori didn’t tell her much and that she is generally private about stuff. At least that’s what I took away from it. The teacher is definitely weird but it didn’t bother me.
@Lightsrevenge
Yeah I can see that point of view about the teacher deducing but regardless I'm a bit frustrated with Saki's sudden turn after the fireworks from a couple episodes back. At least Saki was honest with that weird teacher and I found it amusing when Saki told her to call her Ayase and not Saki as if to say we're not friends or close.
Sep 13, 1:09 AM

Aug 2017
Senpai still best girl and best match for MC. But, I would be ok too if he goes for the red-eyed, hermetic giant. Easy lay!

The one thing Ayase had going for her, her looks, are now spoiled with her ugly hair.

I would like if someone perishes in this show to spice things up. Let's get some drama going.

Kxrumi said:
It was really hard to continuing watching this anime, everything feels so forced and weird at the same time. Idk what will happen in the last episode, but I don't expect anything from this series atp

Yep, you said it. Kurumi!

Hipp0Dip said:
Yo what was that hand holding in the very last 10 seconds of the episode

If senpai is not gonna win, I am rooting for the red-eyed giant.

Vaturna said:
Especially with the professor who randomly starts analysing Saki's character based on the few things she heard about her.

Yeah this was ridiculous. Didn't like the professor scene.

STK_Itsuka said:
I'm just happy to see Yomiuri-senpai again

Yeah she's a keeper, the best
CarbonMDSep 13, 1:36 AM
Sep 13, 2:22 AM

Sep 2023
It seems kind of weird that everyone who learns their secret immediately tries to push them into becoming a couple. I mean, you might joke about it once, but not every time you see them, and certainly not with the real intention of making it happen.
Fujinami Kaho felt like a clone of Ayase, immediately developing an interest in him just because he didn't criticize her lifestyle. Felt kind of cheap since there's already a character with that same personality.
LessThanAnimeFanSep 13, 2:28 AM
Sep 13, 4:53 AM
Jun 2017
Brother is not the same as stepbrother - as what some of people are saying on that episode

well as many are saying incest is wincwst 😂😂😂😂

but jokes aside, now they are creating their own path and becoming like a normal bro and sis
Sep 13, 5:30 AM

Jan 2019
This show has been so mature up to this point and then it just introduces a professor who psychoanalyses Saki within five minutes of meeting her and goes on to give a lecture about sibling marriage. 😭

Sep 13, 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
Only one episode left and it feels more like middle series drama than something close to the ending.
I definitely don’t like where this series is heading now, but I really want to be positively surprised. This episode felt forced. Especially this random encounter with university sensei. Maybe it was handled better in LN, but not here.
rsc-plSep 13, 6:16 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 7:35 AM

May 2023
Episode 11 is the build-up episode for the amazing finale of the final episode next week, and I can feel it from now on.

Akiko-san goes to a parent visitation at school for her two children. Akiko-san seems a little hesitant to answer questions like a mother to her stepson Yuuta, but Yuuta is finally able to say the word "mother" after a long time even though it's not like it used to be that a mother is still a mother. It's nice to see that Yuuta can think of Akiko as a mother to him.

Saki seemed to be serious about continuing her education to the university level, and Shiori turned out to be the same university as what Saki was interested in. Kudou suddenly appeared and gave some thoughts to Saki's problem, there is a possibility that Saki's feelings are "not romantic feelings (misunderstanding)"...
Is it not a romantic feeling to be attracted to someone who can show you a weakness that you don't want to show to anyone?
Are these feelings coincidental?
Through interactions with others, we can confirm a number of shaking possibilities, and finally, the remaining feelings become "real". It is too deep.

Yuuta and Kaho's interaction is very interesting, Kaho turns out to be a night schooler, but what would you imagine when you hear a woman hanging out at night? Yuuta always has positive thoughts and doesn't have any prejudice.

The two of them made new connections, made their own paths and their paths did not diverge, and little by little they got closer to becoming normal seventeen-year-old brothers and sisters.

The title for the next episode "...&..." is very smart in choosing a title that makes us wonder what will happen at the end of the first season, lets see.
Sep 13, 9:53 AM
Sep 2021
Saki & Asamura are trying their best to live as normal siblings ignoring & suppressing their feelings. Let's see how this season ends.
Sep 13, 10:37 AM
Nov 2022
Bro...

This is how the concept of "confusing love with affection" is introduced, not like other animes that make it more confusing (cough cough Oregairu cough cough)
Sep 13, 11:23 AM

Jun 2016
i hope there is relationship a love between them ...

please dont end this show with that bullshit normal family being ..

Sep 13, 1:07 PM
Dec 2022
It shows a realistic approach for a relationship like this and I enjoyed it so far. Kinda heartbreaking? It is, but fell off?? nah
Sep 13, 3:43 PM

Mar 2009
Reply to Cosmicon
It shows a realistic approach for a relationship like this and I enjoyed it so far. Kinda heartbreaking? It is, but fell off?? nah
@Cosmicon relationship of robots... maybe. Another generic anime with emotionless main characters.
Teenagers don't act like that, definitely not current day with adhd. They're so slow, every talk is stoic and slog. Maybe it's fine in manga but doesn't work in anime.
Sep 13, 7:30 PM
Nov 2017
Why are there boys in a women's university?
Sep 13, 11:46 PM
Aug 2023
I can see that people are getting discouraged after watching this eps but as a reader of this series i hope you will continue watching this till the end because the ending might or might not suprise everyone.
OatzmealSep 13, 11:52 PM
Sep 14, 12:16 AM
Mar 2024
madoy said:
@Cosmicon relationship of robots... maybe. Another generic anime with emotionless main characters.
Teenagers don't act like that, definitely not current day with adhd. They're so slow, every talk is stoic and slog. Maybe it's fine in manga but doesn't work in anime.

never say never. There are people like that they are a small community, so you can't see them
but they are here, so don't underestimate them
Sep 14, 4:56 AM
Dec 2022
madoy said:

First of all, I don’t see it as a typical "romance" like mal data shows. That's my point, the tone was always the same for anime. It's more like a character drama with internal conflict in a real situation but I get it why people hate this kind of story.
I do agree that the manga was nice to read and it depicted so clear where it could go in anime.
Sep 14, 5:52 AM
Oct 2019
Oh boy they are walking on their own path now... kinda forced if you think about it.

Still waiting for the WINCEST ROUTE, even if it's just 1% chance lol
Sep 14, 7:03 AM

Jun 2019
I was right. Akiko was very happy when Yuta called her Mom. It was cute to see her reaction. Also, looks like Yuta and Saki are both moving onto their own paths where they don't cross each other. Yuta has made a new friend at the cram school and Saki is planning to go to that college which is nice.
Sep 14, 9:50 AM

Feb 2015
Interesting episode. Nice to see someone with a potentially unbiased attitude towards the siblings give Saki some advice. I wonder if she changed her lecture to include step-siblings or if it was part of it already. I'm also curious about the night school girl.

"A limited perspective is the enemy of reason and intellect." Great quote right there. If there's only one person you can depend on then it's natural to develop certain feelings for them. The question is what kind of feelings they actually are. I think the ethics professor was telling Saki that even if she gained perspective and it turned out that she did have romantic feelings for Yuta that she should accept them within herself and possibly even act on them without being so worried about the status of it being "improper." The lecture board seems to support this to some degree as well.

Shiori still best girl.
Censorship is vandalism.
Sep 14, 10:18 AM
Jan 2024
Spoilers!

All I’m gonna say is wait until in story October 🎃🎃
Sep 14, 10:52 AM

Jan 2022
Oh shit cat girl is trying to set Saki up with the other guy. I wonder how Yuta is going to feel about it if Saki says yes lol

Dude the teacher brought people spreading rumors about Saki, that's crazy.

What the fuck was this episode? Like honest? The professor kept asking personal questions and Saki said she didn't want to come off as easy. Where did she even come from? What did Shiori say about the two? I doubt she really said anything, but the professor already had some assumptions?

And the other girl who goes to night school thought Yuta was going to ask her out because she looks easy?

I really don't understand how the score of this anime is as high as it is.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 14, 10:54 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to WhisperingCloud9
Taking some micro plastics with a side of nutrients lemme reserve my seat. watched this episode gimme a few days
@WhisperingCloud9 2 days later...
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 14, 2:17 PM
Feb 2024
The professor was just doing a research and treated Ayasa like a lab rat for a scholar paper in ethics. Anyway, the more they (main characters) become separated the more they are close. This is love.
Sep 15, 1:17 AM
Mar 2021
Impossível não notar o tom conveniente da professora em saber TUDO sobre o relacionamento de Saki e Yuuta, como se ela estivesse assistindo ao show como nós LOL
Eu sei que isso é pra desenrolar a narrativa na historia, mas PORRA, não tinha uma forma mais natural? haha

Definitivamente vai acontecer algo grande no próximo episodio, esse ar dramático já mostra isso claramente, e esse suspense com uma mistura de neutralidade nos sentimentos românticos é uma boa forma de desenvolver o enredo, embora eu não goste muito desse tropo
Sep 17, 6:21 PM

Apr 2015
Wow...this show was growing on me in the past two episodes, but this episode single-handedly made me backtrack on that and pissed me off an incredible amount with that college professor scene. What was that? It was none of her business to butt into Saki's life and offer her advice, and it was especially creepy and unprofessional to do that to a high school student she literally just met!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 18, 1:24 PM
Oct 2022
I know I’m late to this episode but now that I’ve watched it I’ll need hookers and rock cocaine to bring me up from the abyss Saki and Yuta so flawlessly drag me into.. Yuta won’t even let his step mother touch him without throwing a fit. The only thing that could save this would be for them both just say $&@? it and spend 3 straight days at a love hotel filming their debauchery then force their parents to watch it at gun point! 😂😂😂😂. These two mc’s could literally stop all conflict on the earth if they wanted. Just lock them in a room with the people arguing for 12 hours. Once the door was opened the people arguing would be too depressed to fight about anything anymore and would probably have lost the will to live on.. 😂😂 Yes I know I’m being dramatic but good lord can ANYTHING good happen? Hell, at this point I’ll even take something bad. I just want SOMETHING to happen..
Sep 18, 9:47 PM
Wreckerangel
Feb 2023

A limited perspective is the enemy of reason and intellect.

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Sep 21, 1:06 AM

Jul 2022
Today is parents' meeting day at Saki and Yuta's school!! As decided in the previous episode, their mother will attend their meeting. This meeting more or less discusses future plans for the students (Saki and Yuta).

Because Yuta's grades are relatively high, his homeroom teacher said that Yuta could enter any university/college. Actually, more or less the same thing happened to Saki, she was able to get into a prestigious university, one of which was Tsukinomiya, which happened to be holding an "Open Campus" the next day. Eh, surprisingly, it turns out that Yuta's coworker, Yomiuri, is also studying there.
Sep 21, 4:51 PM

Aug 2008
I'm assuming the tension between the step-siblings can't just go away or what material would there be for the light novels to keep coming out? Of course I wonder how it will be dragged out without feeling dragged out.

All that worry about coming out of them being step-siblings from the parent teacher meeting and there has been nothing said yet. Next episode maybe? Of course there will be coming drama for the pair now that there are potential rivals coming into the picture
Sep 25, 11:22 AM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Oct 6, 7:26 AM

Jun 2017
try out different streets till you feel for the one u belong - the professor
Oct 6, 1:54 PM

Mar 2020
It's me where there's a taste of resolution with this episode, it's good. The story's over now and everything's fine, and they lived happily ever after . right?
Oct 9, 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
Damn I really don't know what to feel. Idk anymore how it's supposed to pan out
Oct 10, 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
Another episode full of stupid behaviours and dialogues.
- Akiko didn't eat after work because she wanted time to sleep.. but now will eat something at home.. it would be faster to eat at restaurant in Japan they serve very fast..
- Maaya out of nowhere asks Yuuta if he is into Saki with serious face :D who even asks that?! And next he reacts like it is normal question and lies without any emotions or being scared like a normal person :D
- again showing empty faces of characters without eyes or nose in scenes from a further perspective, like that Saki's teacher... but then Yuuta's teacher had glasses, but then while showing not important scene with girl student standing next to a boy in the hallway she had eyes there! it shows very poor quality of anime
- the scene with that teacher Eiha was also kinda too crazy at the start to be real.. then Saki tells her at the start she doesn't like her very much lol! :D
but at least that teacher Eiha explained Saki perfectly
- then that Kaho.. she is so full of herself, but her looks are like 5/10.. and she concluded that he is not hitting on her because he didn't start talking? and even said that to him? For me it looked like she was hitting on him all the time...
the author must be a real hikikomori as he doesn't know how people behave or talk at all or he met the strangest people in his life... but if he calls himself Mikawa Ghost using word ghost instead of his real name.. well that shows...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 13, 12:38 AM
Dec 2022
Both Yuta and Saki meets other people. Yuta has this friend from the cram school whereas Saki met this professor at this women college who advises her to meet other peoples to check her feelings rather than dwell only on Yuta.
Oct 14, 10:19 PM

Nov 2013
The college professor was very perceptive and direct. This added a deeper dimension to the story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

170 by basspig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 13, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

116 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

78 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.