Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2023 1:04 AM
Nov 2023
As the introduction episode for PLUTO, it did a really good job. Rıght off the bat I see the forest fire scenes and I'm like "oh this is going to be a wild ride.) And the end of the epsiode... man, I need a tissue.
Nov 5, 2023 9:10 AM
Nov 2016
I have a question, in episode 4 Atom said that Gesicht murdered him and that he and Pluto are the same, can someone explain what Atom was talking about here?

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is just a bad dream that Gesicht had, nothing more, since deep inside the memories of him killing someone are still there and he and Pluto are the same because both of them have hatred and they killed humans before.
Nov 6, 2023 1:45 PM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed it a lot, but the second half of the anime was a let down for me.

There was some really interesting themes and story elements, I also really liked Gesicht’s journey. But certain parts of the story were not well explained such as Dr. Goji and the teddy bear AI (like what the hell was that?). I actually hated the teddy bear and US President subplot, felt so stupid because it didn’t even make sense—Abdullah was setting everything in motion, but the teddy bear was actually pulling the strings? It just came out of nowhere. There was also other things that weren’t well explained like the |terraforming robot that met Uran, which was apparently Pluto… how was he in a different body? Also the cockroaches always felt a little too convenient and they weren’t well explained either. I really loved the set up in the beginning, but it kind of divulged into something more generic as it went on with the ||hatred and revenge = bad theme and the humanization of AI. It wasn’t that those are bad themes per se, relied on them so much towards the end that it became tired. And things like Epsilon sparring Pluto, not once, but twice—even though of the danger he presented. And Abdullah always getting away it seemed like. In addition, how did Atom survive after the doctor deemed his brain was too fried? And then how was he gathering all that info from all the other robots? I understand Gesicht because his memory chip was inserted directly into him, but the others? Idk man. The powers of the robots weren’t really explained too well either.

There was just a lot of convenience with some of the major plot points and unexplained information, and it frustrated me because the story had a lot of great things in it.

Overall I’d probably give it a 7/10. Definitely worth a watch, but it has some things that hold it back from greatness imo.
Nov 6, 2023 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
I think the show as an overall story was great but some of the smaller details made this not reach the greatness that it could have been, that mysterious teddy bear being only one thing for me. I wish there was more about that anti-robot organization, was introduced but then never really used past that one assassin and manipulating the brother of the guy that Gesicht killed but once they were wrapped up they disappeared. Anti-robot sentiment was introduced as an issue in society and showing how broken robots treated like literal trash. Nothing was done with it though, a scene of a bunch of robed dudes chanting was pointless.

Ending was real abrupt as well, after the climax the anime just ended wish there could have been a more eased landing than the hard braking. Still enjoyed this a lot though, will end up in my top 10 of the year for sure.
Nov 6, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2022
Pretty much about as good an adaptation it could be. But that also means the issues from the manga are still present, not that expected them not to be. I think the story sorta gets weaker after Gesicht dies. There’s a lot of plot beats either rushed or not properly finished. But it doesn’t diminish that a majority of the anime is fantastic and it was a great adaptation.
Nov 7, 2023 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic stuff, I can't believe I hadn't heard anything of this anime until I came across it via the top anime section. I guess it's still fairly recent though.

Would love to see more of the Mighty Atom / Astro Boy series adapted in the same style.
Nov 8, 2023 7:26 AM
Oct 2016
best anime 2023 for me
Nov 8, 2023 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
so beautiful .. i'm totally in love specially with the message of the show with all the killing happening now a days because of hatred
Nov 9, 2023 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful story, loved it! I'm happy that another Urasawa's work received a great adaptation.
Nov 10, 2023 6:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was very abruptly concluded, I'm still drawing a blank on who the hell that teddy bear was.
Nov 10, 2023 9:22 AM
May 2021
Bruh people hyped up this series for this?? Ending was so pathetic, so many loose ends. Who tf was that teddy bear stuff never explained lol. And that Brau criminal robot got freed out of nowhere. And Pluto /Sahad suddenly became good and couldn't kill atom , but he couldn't control his anger when he killed previous 7 fellas. Disappointed.
Nov 10, 2023 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
The Thracian President's such a scumbag.
What a twist! Tenma went to Persia to help create a terraforming robot (we're led to believe that was Pluto), the trial and error taken resulted in plenty of discarded robot parts. It wasn't Pluto training to become the strongest. They didn't have the WMDs Thracia accused them of, yet.

As Uran sensed, the puppet master had his strings pulled, too. Tenma awakened fake Abdullah's ultimate AI with the real Abdullah's hatred from Thracia invading his country and killing his family. He convinced himself he was the real one, justifying the human detector errors as himself being a cyborg (foreshadowed when Gesicht met him).

Using the same method, Abdullah transformed Sahad into Pluto and now, Tenma revives Atom with Gesicht's hatred. A hatred rooted in having his and Helena's adopted robot son being murdered by Adolf's brother (the reason Atom was crying about when he borrowed Gesicht's memory the first time), now with Ultimate AI, he lies about what he learnt from Helena as to not upset her.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 11, 2023 1:43 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Apratim
Bruh people hyped up this series for this?? Ending was so pathetic, so many loose ends. Who tf was that teddy bear stuff never explained lol. And that Brau criminal robot got freed out of nowhere. And Pluto /Sahad suddenly became good and couldn't kill atom , but he couldn't control his anger when he killed previous 7 fellas. Disappointed.
@Apratim Pay a little attention several things are implied:
1) Who was the teddy bear?
It is clear that that bear was the United States government's trachea computer, only that the way to materialize it to speak was that stuffed animal that computer had the objective of organizing the country but it took control and wanted to exterminate humans so that there would only be robots and govern
2) criminal robot Brau was released out of nowhere:
Easier point to refute, if you looked carefully, Atom was with Brau and talked to him, Atom freed him to kill the computer, because nothing is born from hate but sometimes hate is necessary, it is a little clearer in the manga.
3) The only understandable point, I think that because Sala manages to reflect and take more control towards the end since he realizes that his father uses him and everything he told him is false, it is still very abrupt and frankly the weakest end
Nov 11, 2023 7:14 PM
May 2021
Finfan18 said:
@Apratim Pay a little attention several things are implied:
1) Who was the teddy bear?
It is clear that that bear was the United States government's trachea computer, only that the way to materialize it to speak was that stuffed animal that computer had the objective of organizing the country but it took control and wanted to exterminate humans so that there would only be robots and govern
2) criminal robot Brau was released out of nowhere:
Easier point to refute, if you looked carefully, Atom was with Brau and talked to him, Atom freed him to kill the computer, because nothing is born from hate but sometimes hate is necessary, it is a little clearer in the manga.
3) The only understandable point, I think that because Sala manages to reflect and take more control towards the end since he realizes that his father uses him and everything he told him is false, it is still very abrupt and frankly the weakest end

I see but they could have given some more info on that teddy bear AI lol. It was interesting. But still I can't say it lived up to the hype for me. I should have kept my expectations low
Nov 13, 2023 8:20 PM
Feb 2010
Urasawa made this good but I wish it wasn't based on Atom in the first place. Shounen super robots and emotional broscience were the low points, while the thriller aspect and future dystopia were what made it worth watching. Episode 8 was also really anticlimactic and too much was left unexplained.
Nov 14, 2023 4:20 AM
Jul 2023
masterpiece scifi action show

Nov 14, 2023 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
Another example that no one can do a proper AI/Android story. Every time the robots are just more human than the humans and just have robots parts in them, while the storyteller is forcing the character development of the robots to become even more human. The "robots are mimicking humans to become like them" is so ridiculous. If we get self-aware robots, they will not want to become human. Being human is not some high-level achievement. It's just something that we are born with and have to embrace. A whole other species won't want to copy us but do their own thing.

As a gay male, I don't have the need to have kids of my own. I've seen so many straight people wanting their own kids "just to leave a legacy". It's bizarre to me. I do understand the biological need for this, but as another human that doesn't have this need, I don't want to mimic what 90% of other orientation people want. I can do my own thing with the cards I got dealt.

Futurama made so many jokes about how Bender is a robot but is as emotional as humans. This plotline is just ridiculous. Just as Detroid Become Human, it's bad. At least Pluto was written ages ago, and the creator did what they could. I hope we finally stop seeing this plot being used.
Nov 16, 2023 1:27 AM

Jun 2020
This show has been amazing for me, well-paced amazing visuals, but tbh this final episode was pretty weak. All about action and the answers to the mysteries felt super convoluted for no reason. Pluto/Sahad was especially confusing to me as a character because I thought he was forced at least or being controlled to kill special robots, but he didn't . Imagine how easily he could have defeated Abdullah if he didn't let him go into the Baro body and also convinced the other robots that he was NOT evil. I'm not too worried about the teddy bear becasue I really thought that Pluto would be explained more. Would have made more sense if he had a split personality rather than Abullah.

Gesicht was the best. 9/10
Nov 16, 2023 1:35 PM

Jul 2020
It had such a great start but went downhill after the Hercules arc. And the ending was ridiculously underwhelming.
oh and the mastermind behind the world's hatred is a stuffed bear, okaaaaaay
8/10 for the awesome first half and the gorgeous art and animation quality
Nov 17, 2023 7:43 AM

Feb 2011
I'm not gonna lie, i didn't really enjoy this. First off i'm not sure i understand why this was a passion project for Maruyama, maybe man is blinded by the Astro Boy nostalgia but even though i know this is coming from a highly acclaimed mangaka, i can't help but feel like the story (and production too) wasn't anything special enough to warrant the 'passion project' treatment and have it cook in the over for such a long time.

Either way, story wise there were some elements i appreciated, some nice themes and real life allegories and the characters are interesting and well written (for the most part), Gesicht being my favorite thing about this show.
But other than that i found the episodes to be quite slow, predictable, formulaic and frankly quite boring up until the 6th episode or so.
I can't wait but feel like every time a robot got killed, the fight being reduced to a bright light and the death being done off screen for the majority of the robots was a missed opportunity to do some sweet robot vs robot action to spice things up.

As for the conclusion of the show, it was extremely cliche and as a result, unsatisfying for me personally.
I will however rate this highly, because i can appreciate it for what it is, and i can understand that maybe it was just not for me.
So objectively 8/10
Enjoyment 6/10

I'm happy this exists and i'm happy for those who finally got to watch it after waiting for so long.
HatsuyukiNov 17, 2023 7:48 AM
Nov 19, 2023 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this one. However, this was mostly due to the way the tackled and presented themes such as "what makes a human human", "what does an super AI look like" etc. as well as the intereactions between the characters. The animation was also a pleasure to watch mostly - I didn't like the cgi they used for Pluto. Not sure why they decided to do that but oh well.

The story was a bit messy and not that well written imho though. They relied way to much on flashbacks to explain everything, although some of them were certainly justified by other means such as addressing the issue and moral of memory tempering. Still, up until the last episode, they still had ways to redeem the story in interesting way. However, they decided to just have Atom come back to normal and using him to explain everything by exposition... Then the conflict with Pluto was resolved incredibly quickly without going into detail of his difficult inner emotions. It all felt very abprut and a bit cheap. The story needed a couple more episodes to resolve in a satisfying manner imho.

Still giving out a weak 9/10, even though the story disappointed quite a bit. However, the rest was good enough to place it up there for me. It's definitely the AotY.
Nov 19, 2023 10:31 PM

Apr 2015
Cheers to a grand anime adaptation like we don't get too often !

Weirdly enough, most critisms I could muster would come from the fact that this is, in the end, an adaptation of an arc from a legendary manga from yore. So elements had to be stretched and some plot points don't resolve with the clearest of explorations by it's ending which pays mostly homage to the orignal source material which might seem clashing with the overall tone the show had going during most it's runtime.

No matter, my enjoyment was quite immense throughout it all. It has prolly one of the best treatment in the medium for the thematics relating to the melding of AI/Robots and human behaviors.

10/10. It's the AOTY we knew it was from day one.
Nov 20, 2023 5:06 PM

Jan 2020
Very solid ending and a solid anime adaptation. I've been waiting for this shit forever and I'm glad I got to watch it before I die. The visuals were very crisp. Maruyama COOKED.
I thought the dialogue was very bloated and dry however, they kept repeating the "39th central asian war" like over and over again. Like dude, we get it...the war was important. Some characters just had the same convos about the asian war and how Epsilon refused to join. I get urasawa is rather dialogue heavy when it comes to his stories, but this was simply over expositioning the war. Despite that, everything else was solid. I get why people complain about the shonen--esque ending but I really dont mind. It's an adaptation of Astro boy after all, and I felt like the "power of hope" thing was well deserved considering how many lives were lost during the journey.
8/10
Obviously monster would be better because that's simply urasawa's better works along with 20th, but I don't think that diminishes this piece either.

I do 2 questions, though.
How did Brau get released anyway?
And was the manga over expository with its dialogue as well, or is it just a flaw of the adaptation?
astoneonNov 20, 2023 5:20 PM
man.
Nov 21, 2023 5:45 AM

Nov 2013
Solid show overall. Ending could've been done better IMO, felt bit too rushed and there's still unanswered questions, like what will happen to "US" president, Brau and the "US" AI?

Ending leaves you with the impression this was just a prologue to the "adventures of Atom" or something.
Nov 21, 2023 11:09 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to deg
gesicht can be revive if atom wants too since he has all the memories of gesicht anyway and if the idea that what makes a person is all their memories

but then some people say that the personality is what makes a person more so gesicht personality is dead for sure
@deg this shit so ass 😭
Especially the last episode was really really pathetic
It's like an old Shonen Ending
Nov 21, 2023 8:09 PM

Jan 2021
What a brilliant series.
Nov 24, 2023 2:37 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One more time, Tracia is the center!!

Well, great turn in the events, with surprises!

For me, the best thing about the entire anime was the idea of a future world where robots are the ones who are discriminated against, but they are the ones who can be part of our society and even solve our social and economic deficiencies. A better world? I don't know, but more heterogeneous!

8/10

Cool!
kekeke
Nov 26, 2023 12:52 AM
Aug 2018
An absolutely crazy final episode that perhaps could have drawn out the final battle a little more, but overall, the effect this episode has on your soul is undeniable. You're not upset when you see this one. Really great anime
Nov 27, 2023 10:00 PM

Jan 2023
Pluto crying was dumb af. Why would Abullah even make him with tear ducts? One of many things that made no sense.

The worse thing of the whole show might be the ridiculous travel times from one part of the planet to the other. They just get wherever they want in minutes of plot time.
rmcoldNov 27, 2023 10:07 PM
Nov 27, 2023 11:50 PM

May 2015
Fucking masterpiece, last time Netflix released something this good was when they released Devilman Crybaby. The budget felt unlimited this time as well.

I was dead laughing when Chad Ochanomizu literally told Virgin Tenma to go touch some grass lmao

I'm hopeful 20th century boys will get an adaptation at least in the next decade
Nov 28, 2023 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
A little cliche with some parts to the ending (which makes sense since this is a manga that has origins and inspirations of a shounen series) but a very good episode still to close out the series, and a satisfying one even with some loose ends present for a couple subplots. It was a great adaptation with an excellent dub and I'm glad I got to enjoy a Netflix binge since besides Romantic Killer and Devilman Crybaby, it is not too often. Good that the anime got delayed for a long time since it led to a quality result for the most part.

Monster I think had the higher highs but was way too long for me to keep me interested consistently whereas with Pluto, it felt a bit more consistent due to the runtime not being bloated and a stronger conclusion too. This was a great show and for me, even better than the manga considering how much the production (especially the music) delivered.
Dec 3, 2023 6:44 AM
Dec 2019
I'm kind of shocked at how little I enjoyed this at the end. I flew through the first half but around episode 6 I realized that so little of the actual plot had been revealed or gone anywhere that it was going to be a huge dump at the end and lo and behold that's how the show ends up. And even with that, it felt like the show did a very poor job of paying off the mysteries it sets up. I mean, I guess its fine that "Persia" wants revenge for being crushed by the super robots but the prime mover behind that is some stupid teddy bear robot that comes out of nowhere with no real motive beyond "I am evil robot and robots will rule the world!" as its goal? And people that like the manga say that this is not a deeply altered take on the source material aside from some rearranging of scenes (the teddy bear being introduced earlier in the manga).

People often say that Christopher Nolan is a dumb person's idea of a clever movie maker and I don't entirely agree with that but I understand the insult. I think Urasawa might actually be that for manga/anime. Monster is also rife with winding turns that are very exciting and then result in nothing truly substantive. The character building is actually good so you're not left with nothing but the specific sequences of events and the results of peoples' actions are sort of nonsense. Being eight episodes instead of 74 (even if they are 1 hour + long) Pluto is necessarily going to be a bit more compact and that highlights the flaws even more for me.

Currently I feel like this show was actually kinda bad and not worth my time watching but I think I'm just heated about it. All the mechanical parts of it are top notch and the story was fun when I was just letting it take me for a ride. But the amount of praise people heap on the "genius" "masterpiece" work of Urasawa obviously set high expectations. And I'm starting to think its not deserved.
Dec 3, 2023 4:03 PM
Mar 2019
Finally done. Beautiful.
Dec 3, 2023 5:23 PM
Aug 2018
Really good but idk, not perfect. Sticking with an 8 for this one. Watch it for yourselves and figure out what you think of it. Everyone should watch this show.
Dec 8, 2023 3:54 PM

Nov 2018
A bit late but this was an amazing experience, wish there were more stuff like Pluto! The last episode would have been more impactful had there been more dialogue between Atom and Sahad before his redemption. Honestly, this is one of the few I wish I could give more than a 10 on MAL.
Dec 8, 2023 11:07 PM

Apr 2015
Well this was an amazing conclusion, Such a beautiful series from start to finish.
Absolutely amazing, 9/10 easily.
Dec 9, 2023 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
Who tf is that teddy bear? And how did Brau reach it in its current state?

Anyway it's a 7 for me. Good time waster, predictable, takes itself too seriously
Dec 9, 2023 10:02 AM

Jan 2019
Really disappointing ending, we didn't need more spoon feeding of Gesicht's backstory when the previous episode had already spelled it out, and I'd worked it all out before that anyway.

Maybe the "revenge/hatred is a cycle" theme was fresher back when it was written, but I find it along with the messy iraq war analogy very uninspired.

And finally I don't know what was going on with the American president and the evil teddy bear AI and Brau somehow crawling into that room even though I'm pretty sure his cell is in Europe? It's such a bizarre thing to focus on in the ending and with hour long episodes there surely should've been some room to set up more of that.

Dec 9, 2023 2:24 PM
Oct 2023
Bro I watched the first ep, it was good. Kept watching until episode 6 and I just dropped that shit LMFAOOOO bro you have no idea how boring this is. there's no aspect of friendship like in one piece or dragon ball (both of which I loved BTW), felt missing
Dec 10, 2023 3:48 AM

May 2021
Really great but that teddy bear felt so out of place. That, and some other plot points, like Brau showing up in that state, Thracia being the villains all along, etc, kinda ruin it for me. The anti-robot org could have been used more imo.

Still pretty solid though and worth a watch.

Dec 11, 2023 8:17 AM

Jun 2020
Naoki Urasawa seems to have a thing for writing such endings. The endings that leave you with the lamest of the conclusions, more questions than answers and generally being all over the place. I guess this is his style, building grandiose mysteries but not equally grand payoffs.

I swear I liked the first few episodes, thinking the story would deliver what it was promising but boy was I wrong. Like many have mentioned, this work really is a product of its time. Of all the themes it could have portrayed, it chose the same old cookie cutter hatred formula. Also the last episode was such a mess to watch, especially with the whole Earth blowing thing, teddy bear and Pluto vs Atom fight. It felt so much contrived.

Also, this is something I have not seen anyone say but the design for Pluto and Bora suck so much.

6/10 and I am being generous.
Dec 14, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2022
this was amazing.
really loved this one ❤️.
Dec 21, 2023 5:45 AM
Oct 2019
WOW WHAT PLOT TWIST!!
EPIC EMOTIONAL FINALE!!
It's all connected...

Naoki Urawsawa really is a masterclass of storytelling.
Also the music from Yuugo Kanno is so good.

9/10

Dec 23, 2023 6:49 AM

May 2015
It was a good adaptation of an ok story. The first few episodes were so intriguing, a very well executed set-up for an epic mystery, but sadly the rest of the story didn't quite live up to the expectations. I had similar problems with Monster, but in retrospect Monster was better, at least due to the complexity of the story. Pluto has such a goody-two-shoes moral in its essence, which isn't bad per se, but kinda boring? The story as a whole, while it had logical explanations to all what happened, suffered from some plot conveniences that you just either have to ignore or accept at face value. The emotional part with the tragedy of Sahad and other characters wasn't as moving as it was probably intended to be. Overall, it was an interesting watch, but not really memorable or groundbreaking.
Dec 26, 2023 3:54 AM
Jul 2023
absolutely amazing. The plot, the direction, the adaptation, the characters, the emotions and everything are explained in such a good way. W anime
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 AM
Feb 2017
I really, really wanted to love Pluto but found myself a little disappointed after it was over. I love mature science-fiction stories (even more so with a compelling mystery) and have always been a fan of Urasawa's art style, but there were many little things along the way that took away from my ability to settle into the story and atmosphere.

There were several plot points that were left open to interpretation that I wished had clearer explanations in the story. For example, the abilities/powers that Goji/Abullah built Bora with, the nature of the ability to remotely takeover another robot's AI consciousness, why Sahad was able to fully break away from his father's influence in his final encounter with Atom, and a few other that I'm not recalling now. Seemed like many things just happened to take the story where it needs to go. For a show with so many exposition dumps towards the end, I wish they addressed some of the details more clearly, especially for story points that were used to build up the mystery beforehand.

The pacing within episodes was also jarring for me at times. Even with the hour long format it felt like there were important scenes and conversations every episode that were pushed along too quickly and didn't have time to breathe. I think this is partly a result of the English dub being overly wordy at times compared to the Japanese dialogue, in a few scenes where I compared the two. The last episode in particular felt like it was being swept along apace to wrap up the story.

That said, there were still many great moments for me within the show and I generally enjoyed it. Hope to give it a re-watch one day with the Japanese VAs.
Dec 27, 2023 1:26 PM

Jul 2022
I liked it a lot! 9/10
Not as good as Monster, but I had a great time watching it. This made me even want to check out the OG manga (Astro Boy)

However, I hated HATED that AI plush toy thing. The main reason I didn't give 10/10 to this show.
Dec 28, 2023 9:21 AM
May 2012
It was good but I expected more from the ending because it did a great job in creating mystery and suspense.
Dec 31, 2023 11:21 PM
Mar 2015
Sahad got his field of flowers Pluto saved the world the bear and the president of Thracia got his
Jan 3, 12:43 AM

Aug 2016
Like Atom and Sahad, I was crying in that moment, though I don't entirely know why.
That's just good art for you.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pluto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Oct 27, 2023

52 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 17, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ScarRufus - Oct 26, 2023

86 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 16, 6:03 PM

» Why this didn't become as popular like monster?? ( 1 2 )

Mackyreels - Sep 12

64 by AmirKazeXD »»
Oct 7, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

King_KK - Oct 26, 2023

66 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 27, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Oct 26, 2023

201 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 27, 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.