Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, I guess some characters in this show has higher expectations than others. Still, glad to see Anne not giving up as she seems like the type of girl who wants to prove herself.

Still not really a fan of Jonas in this show tbh especially with some of his questionable actions. 
Feb 17, 2023 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
From the previous episode, I wanted someone to banish Jonas away as soon as possible. But, now I change my mind, I want someone to kill that rotten trash as soon as possible.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 17, 2023 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
I hope that blonde punk ass bi**h, just die already. I really want this small moment of extreme violence.

Now I wonder if the duke mean like the sculpture really, or more like revive that fairy using a vessel.
Feb 17, 2023 6:38 AM
Nov 2017
If before I wanted Jones to disappear, now I want him to be beaten and die, I've never seen someone do so many stupid things in such a short time
Feb 17, 2023 7:02 AM
Feb 2016
Was this written by a lobotomized teenager? I understand you have to add drama, but making it so idiotic should be a crime. Jonas is one of the most trashy characters I've known, but he seems so shallow.
Feb 17, 2023 7:38 AM

Mar 2020
This episode was another display of "HATE JONAS SPEED RUN", like how does a person do so many idiotic things in a span of 7 episodes? Guy has reached another level of lows. If he doesn't die by the end of this series, that would be beyond infuriating. Overall, one of the better efforts of the series so far, with Anne still trying her best to create a confection for William, but it's still unknown why he demands such perfection.

Anne has figured something out though, and she's all on her own to finish it up.
Feb 17, 2023 7:40 AM

Feb 2019
Can this mf Jonas just DIE please man. I just want him to suffer the most painful death imaginable. He’s such a little bitch man.

I’m honestly surprised Challe left so easily without trying today figure out what was wrong. But if anything positive came of the episode Challe and Anne both clearly realise their feelings now.
Feb 17, 2023 8:08 AM
Oct 2021
BlichoBoy said:
I hope that blonde punk ass bi**h, just die already. I really want this small moment of extreme violence.

Now I wonder if the duke mean like the sculpture really, or more like revive that fairy using a vessel.

I think the duke is utterly depressed and loved his fairy so much that he wants her back. hoping that the sugar confection could become her, otherwise No one will be able to create his desire.
Feb 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2019
Lol, love how this anime season is Fuck Jonas season
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Feb 17, 2023 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
You know the expression "old habits die hard"? This is Jonas in a nutshell, showing himself at every opportunity in Anne's line of sight.

Anne's sugar confection is done, and yet, the Duke of Philax didn't budge. What was clearly needed wasn't a perfect replication of the painting, and the closer Anne got to perfection, the more that the Duke resigns even further. There seems to be no choice other than to quit this impossible task, and Anne keeps on going to ensure that she gets the form down. Anne asking Challe about his previous master Liz, and shedding a tear after listening to his story, it's putting an emotion on her. Jonas has grown from being irritable to irredeemable, even forcing Challe away from Anne to save Mithril Lid Pod, this unforgivable kid'll try anything to break her. Even more so, it's the recognition of feelings between master and slave, and the hunch has become true that the romance aspect will be the one that overshadows what the story has been growing up until this stage.

Challe driven out of the castle and in a bad mood to coincidentally meet Hugh having business with the Duke of Philax, and the latter's desperation to have a sugar confection made is showing, which is in contradiction with Jonas, which he is allowed to leave without reprisal since Anne is committed to the creation. But it soon becomes clear that the Duke is beyond saving of his own sanity and is heavily adamant on his own ideals, and Anne has found out the secret ingredient that could make or break the sugar confection that he is looking for.

The Duke of Philax, clearly he's lovesick about the fairy in the portrait, and he wouldn't trade her for the rest of the world, even his position.
Feb 17, 2023 10:02 AM

Jul 2022
FireRifle64 said:

He's the punching bag this Winter Season. He's so easy to hate, always taking the dark path. Poor dumb bastard, he could have just stayed home.
Feb 17, 2023 10:03 AM

May 2015
Eww, Jonas is truly such a vile human. He could have just asked, and Ann was going to stay anyway. Pathetic. I'm kinda pleased she didn't say anything to him other than Bye, he isn't worth any more words wasted on him.
Feb 17, 2023 10:07 AM
Jan 2023
can somebody kill jonas already pls 🔪🔪
Feb 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
jonas is not doing well lols Mithril has been teasing him

that duke is annoying as hell, holy shit , he has no idea what he wants, otherwise he would tell them something other than "make it perfect" geez
wonder if he wants it to be bigger
the 2 tell her she should quit, but she doesn't want to give up on a job she accepted

Challe is 100 years old, interesting
i like how he doesn't want to sleep near Mithril, cause he is loud
talking about Liz, she was quite the opposite of Anne, being calm and mature

DUDE FUCKING HELL
jonas hurting Mithril so Anne tells Challe to leave? i wish Challe killed him right now lmao i'm getting so tired of this guy, i swear...i don't think i will finish this anime

she made Challe leave and still won't give the wing back, he wants her to give up the competition or something...
i don't believe Challe will leave just like that, i'm sure he knows she didn't mean it

Challe got attacked by 3 guys and almost killed them, but Hugg stopped him
the castle is in danger,

LOL what he jonas wanted was to leave the castle, and if not for Anne's help, he would get hit pretty hard again, not that i mind, if anything, he deserves it and much more
so, i guess he finally left, please be for real this time...

the duke hasn't been going to the king as he was supposed to, for 6 months? wow , that's a long time for someone who was supposed to go like 2x each month
military will come soon, maybe that's why he is desperate for the art to be finished fast
Hugg tried to talk to the duke but didn't work, rip

Anne finally understood what's missing, the fairy has 2 wings, so she is free, and the art probably wasn't showing that part
Mithril will leave the castle as well, to find Challe and bring him back
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 17, 2023 11:26 AM
Jun 2022
Dude, I am so pissed off, again, that I'm writing this even in the middle of the ep. I am not saying this to insult but as a fact, Anne is really stupid. I mean, first of all, she needs to be cautious considering that disgusting guy is around, you know who. And she should have done something clever, like asking for Shall's help either by writing or after the drama, going after him to explain. But I guess it's for the romantic drama, which I prefer when it is sensible at most.
Agh, I am back after finishing the ep laughing at the weirdness of Anne. Btw it is a plot hole to me why Jonas needed Shall's departure to get out of there. It is so irrelevant. If they needed Shall to meet Hugh there could have been more reasonable ways to do that. I don't think Anne loves Shall enough or rather she doesn't love him as much as he does. Girl, you save the Lil boy Mythril but you send him out, don't you think that can be dangerous? And so casually yep I'll find you, jut lemme finish my job here. You guys come second.
MajouxFeb 17, 2023 11:47 AM
Feb 17, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2013
Jonas can't die soon enough, I hope we don't have to see him anymore, there is no way to redeem him.
Feb 17, 2023 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao, why was Jonas written to be so pathetic? If it was to trigger hypersensitive weebs they succeeded.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, things got kinda weird this episode with the duke's imprisonment thing.

Anne sending Challe away hurt my heart ngl

Cutest fist bump ever

Feb 17, 2023 2:09 PM
Dec 2022
Jonas please fuck off.
Feb 17, 2023 2:10 PM
Dec 2022
He is really not lovable at all, just an annoying piece of shit.
Feb 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Sep 2018
LOL, jfc, it's going to be a good day when this garbage finally finishes. Shoujo writing really is the bottom of the barrel. 
Feb 17, 2023 2:53 PM

Feb 2022
Not going to lie, it's a little frustrating and goofy that it took her this long to realize maybe she should learn more about the fairy than just recreating how it looks in a painting. Giving art a soul requires more than just being able to copy an image. I guess we'll get there next episode.

I truly hope this is the last we see of Jonas... but I get the feeling it won't be sadly.
Feb 17, 2023 3:27 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
ngl I don't know what upsets me more, the fact that Jonas tricked Ann or the fact that Ann let herself get tricked by him. 

Either way all my homies hate Jonas!

Seem like Shall is with Hugh now, I wonder how Shall will see Ann again cause this is not a final goodbye by any means. 

Also that Duke, seems like Ann figured out what she was missing at the end and is now going to ask the Duke about the fairy. I wonder why he is so fixated on her.

Feb 17, 2023 4:48 PM

Mar 2017
god, Jonas was so pathetic this episode it was entertaining.

'nom'
Feb 17, 2023 5:14 PM
May 2017
One more very good episode. Rooting for Ann and Shall Fen Shall to reunite again.

"Eureka!"
-- Ann
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 17, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2022
the episode was giving me a scare but liked how it turned out
safe to say Jonas takes the cake for the king of clowns
Feb 17, 2023 7:50 PM

Sep 2017
xxxpdx said:
FireRifle64 said:

He's the punching bag this Winter Season. He's so easy to hate, always taking the dark path. Poor dumb bastard, he could have just stayed home.

If there was a category for “Most Hated Character” for Winter 2023, Jonas would definitely be one of the nominees that’s for sure
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Feb 17, 2023 8:24 PM

Mar 2016
Skoorb said:
xxxpdx said:

If there was a category for “Most Hated Character” for Winter 2023, Jonas would definitely be one of the nominees that’s for sure
Who would he even compete with? No one, Jonas already won.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 17, 2023 9:53 PM

Jul 2022
el_morris said:
Skoorb said:

Who would he even compete with? No one, Jonas already won.

Yeah, Perv Asshat could have been a contender, but he just didn't live up to the name.
Feb 17, 2023 10:23 PM

Apr 2015
The best part of this episode was when Jonas left lol
Feb 18, 2023 1:24 AM
Jul 2022
This episode was a little bit less exciting but it was good, and my opinion of Jonas now is that he is scum. But I still hope he can turn into a better person worthy of being a sugar artisan.
Feb 18, 2023 5:33 AM

Jun 2015
No one commands me, no one tells me what to do
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 18, 2023 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
Oh god this fucking blonde bitch is so annoying and I still don't get why do they bring him back for ???
Feb 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Mar 2007
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt that way. What a douchebag. His fairy Cathy, is just as bad.

Poor Mythril. And Anne shouldn't have gone along with it, she should have told Challe right out.

The Duke doesn't want a sugar fairy, he wants HER back, but she's either dead or gone for some reason. He's willing to let his whole country burn, while he is all emo depressed ignoring his responsibilities. He needs a good slap from someone to bring him back to reality!
Feb 19, 2023 7:48 AM

Sep 2020
At least he is gone now, she can focus on her job, also Shall may have found the answer.
Feb 19, 2023 3:47 PM
Nov 2018
gleamblossom said:
god, Jonas was so pathetic this episode it was entertaining.
Yeah, at the end of last episode I was so worried we'd have to watch this smug little shit collaborate with Anne on a sugar piece or something and somehow become sympathetic or redeemed, but NOPE. He got in over his head, wasn't up to snuff, couldn't do the job, couldn't bullshit his way out of the situation, and tried to throw Anne to the sharks again before fleeing the plot in disgrace. Granted, being imprisoned by a violent madman is a horrible situation for anyone to be in, but... eat shit, Jonas. I hope things only get worse for you. Next time you show up, I hope Radcliffe expelled you.

It helps that the damage he did will be resolved quickly. Challe didn't go too far, and is in fact in a position to help Anne when the military comes down on the castle. I hope the political situation with the duke can be resolved, at least for Hugh Mercury's sake, but...

If the duke's tantrums over the sugar pieces being "wrong" were simply over the artists only giving her one wing, I'm gonna be really unimpressed. Use your words, dude. I can't believe it's gonna be two and a half episodes before he starts talking about the fairy and giving the artists more to work with than portrait access and abuse.
Feb 20, 2023 2:23 AM
Aug 2020
Everytime I see Jonas I hope that challe dropkicks his face into last week
Feb 20, 2023 12:06 PM
Sep 2008
what the heck jonas????/ whats the reason behind his evil request??? as in why the heck would he force anne to send challe away o-o
Feb 20, 2023 4:26 PM

Jun 2019
narutosister said:
what the heck jonas????/ whats the reason behind his evil request??? as in why the heck would he force anne to send challe away o-o
So Challe couldn't interfere with his plan to sell Anne out to the duke while making a convincing argument that Anne would be the ideal or preferable candidate of the two to remain at the castle and finish the piece in his stead. Since Challe is a warrior fairy as well as physically strong and formidable, in addition to the fact that Jonas correctly ascertained that by now Challe has developed a closer relationship with Anne and is protective over her, he likely feared that Challe would intercede and prevent him from strongarming and bullying Anne to go along with the duke (not realizing that she would willingly choose to do so anyway of her own volition, as her values and motivations are alien to his own). As well, since he probably surmised that the duke would also be well familiar with warrior fairies, he figured Challe's absence would also serve as a selling point to convince the duke that Anne is someone he could keep captive and abuse at will for his own ends since her protector is gone.
Feb 21, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
that lady elf on sketch is kinda beautiful
Feb 21, 2023 9:28 PM

Jan 2021
I liked this episode so much that I watched it twice T--T ♡ probably because Ann started to realize her feelings for Shall and Shall also felt that he deeply cherished and connected with Ann. Everything was good except Jonas who didn't stop acting like a moron. I tried to understand him that he was frustrated and wanted to get out of the castle but to act like that was really dumb and nonsense. It almost looks like he wanted to kill Ann for the second time.

But the funny thing is, for this episode, instead of hating, I laughed at Jonas. Maybe it's because his stupidity is far beyond the reach and infinite beyond the universe.

Feb 22, 2023 10:50 PM

Oct 2008
my gosh! Jonas still continues to be a pathetic psychotic bastard!
4/5.

Feb 23, 2023 8:10 AM

Nov 2013
Hopefully we won't be seeing Jonas again this season, unless it's his corpse in a ditch or something.
Feb 27, 2023 12:43 PM

Aug 2019
Jonas needs to go away forever bro. Idk if it was just me, but it almost looked like they wanted us to sympathize with them or something. They get ZERO sympathy from me after he put Ann's life in danger, and threatened those close to her.

This episode was okay though, didn't really enjoy it that much because it just felt kinda slow but idk that could just be me
Mar 12, 2023 6:55 AM
Mar 2014
Very sweet ending
Mar 26, 2023 11:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jonas is still awful as always but I'm a bit disappointed by Ann following what he said and kicking Challe like that, she'll sure make up with him soon after that anyway
Apr 16, 2023 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
i mentione the count gives me bad vibes and i was right, ha has lost hes marbles  
Apr 25, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 2013
That was simply brutal but even so, Anne still didn't give up on her dreams and she's not quitting anytime soon.

This is more enjoyable than I thought.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 3, 2023 9:10 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
lol I remember reading someone say early on it would have been better for Anne to be 25 instead of 15 which I totally agree with. But look at it, they had to make her 15 cause only dumb teenagers would be comparing themselves to a dead gf.

The amount of hair blowing in the wind shots Challe gets is downright abused.

Jonas needs to be gone for good, he somehow keeps getting worse every time he's shown.
Sep 22, 2023 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like Ann's slap from a few eps ago didn't help much, so I kinda wish the Duke would've beaten more sense into Jonas instead of only a single light tap with his scabbard against his cheek.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

167 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.