Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2020 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Mimi...finding herself in that tough spot this episode. At least she's not entirely alone.

Pretty cool to see Nanimon with Joe this episode. That Digimon really gave me nostalgia. The cliffhanger though...Kari yet again in trouble.

Dec 12, 2020 6:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the situation is still quite tense, pretty good episode, now with what happened at the end I want to see the next one xD
Dec 12, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2019
Hikari and being kidnapped, name a better duo lol.

Dec 12, 2020 7:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WarGreymon making that surprise "appearance" again lol
Dec 12, 2020 8:30 PM
Sep 2015
Is this Digimon world or Jurassic world?
Dec 12, 2020 8:37 PM

Apr 2011
We haven't been introduced to Gatomon, Hikari partner as of yet, but I'm theorizing that Skullknightmon might be her, who was forced through Dark evolution, similar to how they tried that with Angemon Digi-Egg.

Dec 12, 2020 9:10 PM

Jul 2017
Oh ho, so this is the very first time that Takeru and Angemon are in action, but it just feels so lazily done.

In a flash, the DigiDestined all were split up to solve their circumstances with various Digimon, and talk about most of them referencing to Cross Wars. Joe got lucky with Nanimon (to which if my memory serves correct, is one of the funniest OG Digimon), wonder what's his business this time.

The real threat though, is Taichi and Hikari against X-Antibody Volcdramon, and even with MetalGreymon's extensions (with what seems like another Cross Game reference), SkullNightmon's business with Hikari is just another loophole, and considering her role with reference to Takeru, it's quite the opposite to follow him along. Interesting...

Really wondering what will Hikari's role serve though...
Dec 12, 2020 10:09 PM

May 2008
Why didn't Angemon just evolve to the next level?

So... Yamato isn't a brocon. Say what you will, but the reboot has been consistent with keeping the digimon personality aligned with their humans, so I don't think Garurumon would make such a comment and in such a manner if Yamato wasn't already okay with that line of thought. He even smirked a little at that? So, if it's not brocon then what IS Yamato's issue? He (and Garurumon) are the only ones with changes in personality compared to everyone else is basically "OG but blander". For what reason? It doesn't seem to be leading up to anything, so why change it?

Also, I guess angels are still required for Ultimate... If they give us sibling hand-holding instead I'm gonna-

And am I the only one getting DBZ vibes with the energy eating? This ep's fight straight up made me remember that last ep's fight was copied right out of DBZ's Yakon fight from Majin Buu.

I was going to say "Hikari is gonna get kidnap isn't she? She has to, to meet Tailmon and copy OG" but thought they'd leave it for next episode. Hahah, when am I gonna stop overestimating this reboot?
But why did she turn her back on Taichi like that?? lmao. Not even an "oniichan" or a "gomen"; just that stupid vacant worried look on her face. Talk about a betrayal.
Hikari: Hmm? This sexy hunk of a bad boy or my brother....
Bad boys win, every time.

Dec 12, 2020 10:16 PM

Oct 2017
Damn another Wargreymon bait.

Hikari was taken away by SkullKnightmon right infront of Tacihi's eyes, he must be so frustrated right now.
Dec 13, 2020 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta hand it to DarkKnightmon. Kidnapping a child is his specialty.

So many Xros Wars references in this episode.
Dec 13, 2020 2:53 AM

Jan 2009
wtf Hikari did not resist at all when she got kidnap lol

and WarGreymon appeared again for a brief moment
Dec 13, 2020 3:33 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Taichi showed more emotion in that one Hikari "kidnapping" scene than in the rest of the show combined. Plus, while everyone gets sent to a dire situation, Joe is taking a bath butt-naked with Nanimon. Talk about strange.

On that matter, what's up with this narrative's obsession of splitting the group up just 'cause? Like, there's no build up for when these moments are going to happen and no-one seems to question them.

Once again, a pretty disappointing episode overall. Hopefully someday we'll see character development.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Jul 2017
Yasss WARGREYMONNNN!!!!!
Also dang classic Hikari kidnapping, you could see a deep "why?" in Taichi's eyes, sad it's happen right after he is so happy for Wargreymon's victory...
Dec 13, 2020 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder why does he want Hikari.
Dec 13, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2018
Who needs REAL Mega evolution when you can just have its ghost version appears randomly to conveniently one-shot the enemy? *sigh* This reboot... First Omegamon and now this. Score reduced to 4/10 again.

Dec 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Mar 2015
Not only the contents of the ep were stupid but even the preview was stupid. Allomon who is like 5 times smaller than MetalGreymon bites MetalGreymon's METAL ARM and MetalGreymon is in pain? This has got to be one of the dumbest shows of all time. Each ep manages to sink my opinion of it lower and lower, it's crazy.
Dec 13, 2020 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
This reboot is only consistent at being underwhelming :/

I liked:
- the way Heavens Knuckle looked (with the feathers merging with the ring)
- Taichi finally showing emotion

I disliked:
- the entire angemon fight in the beginning was barely animated, mostly still shots
- not tension at all
- seperated again??? there wasn't even an actual reason this time
- they really hate Sora lol, she's the only one with a recycled enemy digimon (beemon line)
- why didn't Metalgreymon just escape with Taichi & Hikari? It can fly... there was no need to fight
- Hikari didn't even resist being kidnapped, it literally looked like she wanted to go with Skullknightmon
- next episode is Taichi focused again, even tho this one was focused on him already
- I also agree with @Renkini on the weird pseudo-mega-evolution

I guess we're going to see the ultimate levels soon, at least that's what I'm guessing cause they're seperated again. Hikari is also definitely even more bland than in og adventure ( @Sakarii ) :x
Why are the enemy Digimon all wild animals btw? It was refreshing at first, but at least most of the antagonists in the og could talk and were somewhat intellegent.
StormxNightmareDec 13, 2020 10:29 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Dec 13, 2020 4:00 PM

Dec 2016
Finally a miracle has happened and we have some notion of character relatability here
Dec 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2016
and lmao funny to notice how the score of this drops by 0.02 every single sunday, wonder how low it's gonna be by the time it finishes airing
Dec 13, 2020 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
Marinate1016 said:
Hikari and being kidnapped, name a better duo lol.

leomon and death. I'm just saying
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 13, 2020 7:26 PM

May 2011
This reboot is a total dissapointment.

I don't understand what is the main theme anymore.

The Real World problems with weapons and technology going crazy or this Holy Digimon Lore.

If they could simply decide one element to be the main focus and later develop it as a consequence of their actions could be at least passable.

But no it seems that we are going to get more character focus episodes and seeing the Digimon evolve into Megas now as they did with Champion and Ultimate filler arc.
Dec 13, 2020 11:42 PM

Dec 2013
The constant tease of WarGreymon is really starting to irk me...
Dec 14, 2020 4:54 AM
Oct 2019
Wait what just happened in the end???

And also WarGreymon Ghost again???
At this point we didn't really need the Real Evolution anymore if it can just one shot the Enemy... Wtf is this

Now i feel like the Storytelling is just meh... This random fighting doesn't have an impact to the overall story
davidyodo24Dec 14, 2020 5:02 AM
Dec 14, 2020 5:01 AM
Oct 2019
Renkini said:
Who needs REAL Mega evolution when you can just have its ghost version appears randomly to conveniently one-shot the enemy? *sigh* This reboot... First Omegamon and now this. Score reduced to 4/10 again.

Ngl i feel you ... I have such High expectations from early episodes which is okay, but recently episodes just disappointing...
Dec 14, 2020 11:16 AM
Feb 2020
So it seems everyone's gonna show their final evolution
Is it just me or did knightmon devolve?
Dec 14, 2020 2:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the kids get separated again to different parts of the continent. Tai and Kari ended up with Agumon and were forced to defend themselves against Volcdramon. We glimpse of WarGreymon's power, but why are they teasing the transformation? Just get is over with already. Kari gets captured by Skullknightmon with no resistance. Where is he taking her?
Dec 21, 2020 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
episode was very good the ending made me anxious.
Dec 23, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2010
I'm pretty sure there's a joke with Nanimon's name but it probably skipped over a lot of people's notice.

Poor siblings though. Takeru and HIkari keeps having problems. Either the Digimon or the child is kidnapped.

Is that also a new ED?
Dec 26, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
So now she's on her way to Gatomon right?
Jan 19, 2021 6:35 AM

Jan 2021
They got split again. This is getting old now.

Hikari getting kidnapped again. Now that's a classic. With no resistance too. Wonder what's up with her. Gatomon's finally gonna make an appearance soon.

Mimi is unironically my favorite character in this show like everyone's so serious and she's just vibing lol.

What's up with this pseudo-mega evolution stuff. It was fine at first with the Donedevimon fight but now it's just weird.
Feb 10, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2020
It was cool to see Volcdramon again.

Hikari got kidnapped. I wonder what SkullKnightmon is up to.

SerafosYesterday, 7:31 AM
Jun 12, 1:57 AM
Nov 2019
I thought I was gonna see Agumon evolve to Mugendramon but I guess it’s too soon for the mega-level digimon to appear.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.