Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2018 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, a fever. These characters need to be careful of their health sometimes.

Thought it's an interesting episode in particular the focus on Seiya again. He's becoming a character that I'm slowly finding more appeal to even with his personality. Tbh, I think Seiya is a bit of a complex character and people can relate to him.

Some of his character relationships with others feels distant but I think he's still a good person. Good to see he has friends who look after his well-being. I kinda liked the insert song they used this episode too.
Dec 23, 2018 7:38 AM

Nov 2007
Megane guy is sick.

That moody guy was curious about him, too. He also told about what megane guy told the coach then.

Coach suggesting to attend his ceremony, because teammates sort of not doing well.

They also met that enemy's school team, too.

lol @ womanizer guy liking an idol that one of the members in the enemy team likes, too.

OnoKen's character told main guy what he told megane guy.

lol @ trying to give power to the charm they received.

So megane guy really did get affected by both OnoKen's character and the coach said and was about to give up. Main guy said he will wait for him to return.

Saying the same thing to the coach w. smile... lol.

January 7 (6th after midnight) 0:10 a.m. next.

IN: "Kaze no Solfe (風のソルフェ)" by ChouCho when megane guy's problem solved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHSx3kKdr8
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2018 6:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2018 11:29 AM

Sep 2017
Those twins are still pricks but I liked how Nanao broke the tension by bringing up that idol. It was pretty funny.
Dec 23, 2018 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
Is it just me or that dog is lowkey shipping Seiya and Narumiya?
Dec 23, 2018 11:52 AM

Oct 2018
Idols really do bring people together

Also really liking Seiya and Minato's development this episode, the scene where Minato said "I'll be waiting for you" was really charming.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 23, 2018 11:54 AM

Nov 2016
I wasn't particularly interested in Seiya, but the ending of this episode was very nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2018 11:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. Seems there was not quite a lot about Seiya that Minato did not know about. Seiya's display of his true feelings sure upsetted the balance of the team. To think that both teams would show up at the shrine though the shrine sure was popular. Minato's response to the twin's though fun also reflected well on his experience as well. Nanao sure managed to defuse that tense situation pretty well. The teams pray to the talisman was amusing. Minato's words to Seiya
sure was heartwarming. Its nice that Seiya decided to come back. The insert song sure matched the scene pretty well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2018 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
Uh, so Minato doesn't find out Seiya felt guilt about what happened in this version of the story? Not a fan of this. Oh well, at least this drama is over.
Jin_uzukiDec 23, 2018 12:54 PM

Dec 23, 2018 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:

That dog is highkey shipping them
Dec 23, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
Kcitkat said:
phantomfandom said:

Maybe the dog also has an account on tumblr? :D
Dec 23, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Kcitkat said:

I would follow that blog XD
Dec 23, 2018 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
Kcitkat said:
RobertBobert said:

I would follow that blog XD

If without jokes, I like how the author uses the Class S tropes in relation to male characters. I’m even afraid to imagine how much yuri vibes would give this show if the characters were girls.
Dec 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Jun 2007
these goddam boys i swear to god. cute!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Apr 2018
Nice episode.
I just feel the Minato/Seiya drama was a bit rushed. In the end, they just talked 2 minutes and it was over.
Dec 23, 2018 4:25 PM

Oct 2015
Seiya is back, woopie! Oh Geez, the drama that guy has.

But I'm glad he's back and all, but to say he hates Masa with a smile, was plain sadistic and scary. I hope someday he loves archery and not do it for his friend.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 23, 2018 5:25 PM

May 2016
Why is it that every time we have two guys or two girls who are close friends/childhood friends everyone automatically assumes that they're gay just because of something they said or did in the past? Forgive me if I'm late to this party but I find it rather annoying when people make this assumption when it's very clear from the start that the relationship isn't going to go down that route and then they complain afterwards for that very reason.

Anyway, another good episode. Minato really values Seiya's friendship and for good reason. Seiya helped Minato out of his slump and now he wants to return the favor by convincing Seiya to remain on the team and to not give up archery because of his guilt in the past.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Dec 23, 2018 5:43 PM

Apr 2012
DirectorK said:
Why is it that every time we have two guys or two girls who are close friends/childhood friends everyone automatically assumes that they're gay just because of something they said or did in the past? Forgive me if I'm late to this party but I find it rather annoying when people make this assumption when it's very clear from the start that the relationship isn't going to go down that route and then they complain afterwards for that very reason.

Lol, for me this is one of the main "problems" when viewing KyoAni's show, as I consider it very unfair that the studio does so much for realism and philosophy of its work, but the only thing that people see is romance as a universal explanation for any motivation of the characters. Especially when even in the show itself they talk about how ambiguous our emotions can be towards other people.

So, starting from my personal experience, I easily understand why Seiya is obsessed with Minato and idealizes him. Even without Class S tropes aside, I think everyone had such best friends that we adored and considered role models.
Dec 23, 2018 5:47 PM

Aug 2017
It's rare to find a good drama these days without being melodramatic. +1 for Tsurune.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2018 7:03 PM

Jul 2016
It was a good episode. I really liked how the relationship between Seiya and Minato was developed. So Minato, due to the lost of his mother, decided to give up on Kyudou and Seiya, as the good friend he is and also due to the guilt he feels, decided to encourage him to not surrender and also to help him by joining with him in the sport he likes.
That reason was very interesting, being honest. Seiya doesn't particularly likes Kyudou, but for Minato's sake, he decided to join in with him so that Minato wouldn't lose his motivation.

All in all, the episode was better than what I expected and it helped me understand a bit more about Seiya's "obsession".

P.S.: Those twins... being as annoying as always... oh the irony if they ever get "target panic" due to how fast they shoot.
Dec 23, 2018 7:28 PM

Nov 2018
🤔

• I actually like how troublesome Seiya is to Masa. It’s been enjoyable so far seeing Masa struggle and grow not just as a newbie coach, but as an adult. There wouldn’t be much room for character development if Masa just had everyone wrapped around his finger like Minato and Kaito. It’s especially interesting how mentoring the Kazemai team means confronting Masa’s past struggles with his grandpa/teacher, viewing those situations from a different perspective as an adult/teacher himself now, plus choosing his own methods of dealing with those situations now that he has both perspectives on the giving and receiving end of those situations. (e.g. When he/his grandpa both asked, “Do you love kyudo?”) I enjoy and appreciate Tommy-sensei’s mentor relationship with Masa in all this as well. What will it take for Seiya to finally not hate Masa?

• Shu is coming off more antagonistic than I expected. I’m turned off by how contradictory his recent actions/comments have been: He’s told off Seiya for being obsessed/clingy about Minato and talks about how kyudo is a solo sport, but Shu himself said he “needs” Minato and that Minato should “take responsibility” for affecting Shu’s life. At least this all furthers the theme of teamwork vs. fighting alone, though Tsurune so far hasn’t been able to convey it as strongly or nicely as Kuroko or Haikyu!! did.

• Kuma is the best wingman. 🐶

Dec 23, 2018 7:55 PM

Jan 2017
I've been thinking about this since the beginning of the series, but Minato can be such a terrible friend sometimes. I know he's been anxious and worried about himself, which prevented him from looking at the people who were supporting him, but he never really properly asked Seiya about how he truly feels. He never really looks at Seiya much, it's always Seiya that has to chase after him. For this to be resolved just by Minato saying that he wants to shoot with Seiya and that he will wait for him is a little... Well, it's just a sports anime, but it really feels like their friendship is kind of shallow.

Anyhow, nice episode, I like how Minato talked back to the twins and how Seiya can be quite honest with Masa-san.

Dec 23, 2018 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
lol. I thought Seiya got fat, but it was just his mum. Apparently, watching while eating can make me lose focus.

When Nanao shot his arrow, I feel like the sound started slightly before the action. Not that sure though.

I am going to look like an arse for saying it, but I agree with Shou's opinion on archery. It is something you do alone. Though, they're just school students, so I guess it's okay for them to want to do it as a team.

The first time I'd heard the opening song, I thought it was so normal and boring. Right now, I really like it and can't stop listening to it. Damn Mere-exposure effect!
Dec 23, 2018 9:39 PM

Sep 2018
Seiya is so gay for Minato and I love it.
Dec 23, 2018 9:42 PM

May 2016
RobertBobert said:
Lol, for me this is one of the main "problems" when viewing KyoAni's show, as I consider it very unfair that the studio does so much for realism and philosophy of its work, but the only thing that people see is romance as a universal explanation for any motivation of the characters. Especially when even in the show itself they talk about how ambiguous our emotions can be towards other people.

Yeah, but you can apply this to almost any anime that do these kind of relationships. And then there are those who make these assumptions for the most bogus reasons. For example, earlier this year, in post #48.
I mean, I know that anime's central theme is sexuality and fertility but come on! Do you seriously expect me to believe that a six-year old, who doesn't know any better and who's hormones are a decade away from kicking in, is going to develop homosexual tendencies at that age? Give me a break.
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Dec 23, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
I want SHOOT with you! - > OMG so GAY!
Insert song of ChouCho was beautiful!
4/5.

according to the translation of next episode's title by [GJM] - > "The Pain of Empty Release" sound like double meaning sexual innuendo disease!

Dec 23, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
DirectorK said:

Some fans just like to ship. I don't really see a problem with that.
The thing for me is that teens can often have very strong same-sex friendships/bonds and sometimes that even makes them look like couples. Regardless if there's romance or not it's natural to be jealous when other parties come along. That seems to be part of what's going on with Seiya.

That being said, personally, I think Seiya could be gay. I don't know if he is or really care. More like, if we were to find out he was it wouldn't be a big surprise.
Dec 23, 2018 11:17 PM

May 2016
modboy said:
The thing for me is that teens can often have very strong same-sex friendships/bonds and sometimes that even makes them look like couples. Regardless if there's romance or not it's natural to be jealous when other parties come along. That seems to be part of what's going on with Seiya.

That being said, personally, I think Seiya could be gay. I don't know if he is or really care. More like, if we were to find out he was it wouldn't be a big surprise.

Well, that's the thing. For me it's not a matter of "IF he's gay" it's more of a matter of "HOW is he gay?" Just because he and his best friend did something together or made some kind of childhood promise automatically qualifies as them being a (potential)couple? That's what really irks me. Best friends do what best friends do, I really don't understand how that makes them homosexuals.
Dec 24, 2018 1:42 AM
Nov 2017
RobertBobert said:
Kcitkat said:

Not any more. It got flagged. :p
Dec 24, 2018 2:55 AM

Apr 2012
DirectorK said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah, but you can apply this to almost any anime that do these kind of relationships. And then there are those who make these assumptions for the most bogus reasons. For example, earlier this year, in post #48.
I mean, I know that anime's central theme is sexuality and fertility but come on! Do you seriously expect me to believe that a six-year old, who doesn't know any better and who's hormones are a decade away from kicking in, is going to develop homosexual tendencies at that age? Give me a break.

People are used to the fact that romance has always been the dominant relationship in media and has always been considered the highest form of human relations, therefore now any strong relationship is perceived as a priori romantic.

Yes, many authors try to avoid romance and show the importance of non-sexual relationships, but it still raises suspicions, such as Frozen with its "incest implications" and theories that Elsa is a lesbian because she does not have males subplot.

modboy said:
DirectorK said:

Personally, I'm not worried about the ships themselves, but how they affect the fandom. Over time, people start to confuse shiping with a real canon and attack you if you don’t care about it.
Dec 24, 2018 4:12 AM

Sep 2011
That Seiya made Masa-san doubt himself as a coach. I'm glad that he has Tommy-sensei to talk about his insecurities because after all he is also human. He thought that he became like his grandfather for making that question , but it wasn't like he was trying to pressure Seiya or to make him quit, he just wanted to encourage him, but giving the circumstances it backfired.

Those twins are ever so unpleasant when they appear now too, at least Minato had a comeback, and Nanao ignored them to have a conversation with another member. But well, it turns out that Seiya was the one who made Minato continue with archery after he lost his mother, he had this breakdown because he still wanted to be his reason, like Minato is his reason, instead of just a friend he wants to shoot with.

That's why he can now say with a smile, and in front of everyone that he hates Masa-san, it's so petty. But thankfully Masa-san is a majestic, skilled, thoughtful person so I don't think this will get to him anymore, and Seiya will have to accept sooner or later that he is the best, I mean, that he brought Minato back when he couldn't. Masa-san looked great on his priest clothes during that ceremony too!
Dec 24, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2007
FuMomo-kun said:
lol. I thought Seiya got fat, but it was just his mum.

ahaha that's so funny :D
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 24, 2018 8:46 AM

Mar 2012
It seems they changed Seiya's reason for his obsession for Minato or they're pushing it back even more? I liked the original reason because it felt more complicated.
Dec 24, 2018 1:49 PM
May 2007
Seiya please. Masa-san deserves more love.
Dec 25, 2018 4:44 AM

Jun 2014
Straight anime fans see mostly straight ships everywhere, gay anime fans see mostly gay ships, I don't see anything wrong with it.

For me all anime kyuudou boys can be gay and all anime kyuudou girls are big lesbians and that's all fine and well. Male-female friendships? Gay-lesbian solidarity obviously, I see zero romance there.

People interpret the characters in a way they're the most relatable for them.

That was MILDLY heartwarming lol. Maybe ppl are right, it's good their couch isn't blindly worshipped by everyone. Try harder Masa-san!
Dec 26, 2018 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
It's about the young coach next?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_GwGdk8_0
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 26, 2018 9:36 PM

Feb 2016
That's a more effective gay romance than most yaoi

DirectorK said:
Why is it that every time we have two guys or two girls who are close friends/childhood friends everyone automatically assumes that they're gay just because of something they said or did in the past?

Because one of Kyoani's trademarks is doing same-sex relationships in a really ambiguous fashion. Can't blame the audience even if it's clear that the show won't go any further than this
llorandoDec 26, 2018 9:45 PM
Dec 27, 2018 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
phantomfandom said:
A fujo dog, a fudogshi if you will.
Dec 28, 2018 6:16 PM

May 2017
My heart. It's interesting to see that these two were so close, especially because it didn't seem that way in the beginning. Minato didn't seem excited that Seiya was going to Kazamai, more like mildly confused. And Seiya was the only one who seemed like he wanted to be Minato's friend. It was so one sided until now, and it's honestly weird.
But man, Seiya's obsession is love and I'm so here for it
demisionDec 28, 2018 6:21 PM
Feb 9, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
Seiya seems to be back to normal, thanks to Minato. The emotional attachment between the two is very strong, and Seiya leaning his head on Minato's shoulder is probably the closest thing we're going to get in terms of romance between the two.

Now, hopefully they'll all continue to improve.

May 2, 2019 10:11 AM

Jun 2017
Don't worry Masaki, Seiya may hate you, but I still love you!
Mar 1, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2010
modboy said:

You made a very good point, thank you!
Apr 22, 2020 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
phantomfandom said:

I thought the same omg. Seiya putting his head on Minato was 😍😍 and he was all happy wagging his tail 😂
Dec 15, 2020 11:57 PM

Jun 2020
When Masa-san apologised to Seiya that was such a subtle yet impactful scene......omg I really hope there’s a season 2.......I want to know so much more of these characters, there’s just so much more to them.

Really love the scenes between Tommy-sensei & Masa-san. That entire talk about presenting a facade as a grown-up was hauntingly relatable (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 4, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2008
Just caught up to this episode. Have to really feel for Minato, Seiya and Masa in this. They've all got their burdens and struggling to cope in different ways.

Minato has the support of others around him to help and Masa had Tommy san to quietly support him whereas it took until this episode for someone to finally notice that Seiiya was hurting too.

Hoping this episode clears it up for those who think Masa can do no wrong. (Yeah it was petty what Seiya said but it came from a place of hurt and Masa knew he made a mistake too so it's ok for someone to say they hate you to "your" beloved love interest and not be the bad guy. )
Feb 27, 2021 3:32 AM

Jun 2020
DirectorK said:

AAAAAAAHHH SOMEONE SAID IT AT LAST!!! ARIGATOOOUUU! T__T

Hydre_ItoDec 28, 2021 9:04 AM
Feb 27, 2021 3:56 AM

Jun 2020
I was hoping someone would mention this, but nobody really did.

So what did we get out of this drama with Seiya? Answer- not much, I hate the conclusion of this Ep

In the end, Seiya didn't receive the development he needed. He decided to do Kyudo solely because he wanted to be there for Minato & help him through it, in other words, not because he wanted to, not for HIMSELF.

When Masa-san asked him if he loved Kyudo, for me it is okay if he doesn't currently LOVE it, AS LONG AS he is actually doing it for HIMSELF, but no, he's doing it for someone else. SO then how does the ending of the Ep make any sense? why would he go back to Kyudo? he should have either acknowledged he doesn't truly want to do it & quit OR a reason other than Minato should have been revealed.

I also don't like how Minato COMPLETLEY ignored what Shuu told him. The natural thing to do after hearing that from Shuu, was to ask Seiya WHY he was doing Kyudo, what his true motivations were, so as to understand Seiya better & handling the root of the issue. But he didn't, instead he ended up just shouting "I want to do Kyudo with u!" the most cliché line.

The fact that Seiya repeated the same thing "I hate u" to Masa-san in the end just reinforces the fact that he didn't receive the necessary development.

Am I reading too much into this? someone tell me please!

Hydre_ItoDec 28, 2021 9:07 AM
Apr 15, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2020
Well, the relationship between Seiya and Minato developed pretty nicely.
Aug 22, 2022 11:15 PM

Jun 2019
Those twins can just eff themselves.
Aug 27, 2022 10:51 AM
Apr 2022
Oct 2, 2022 8:53 PM

Aug 2019
the drama

and Shu is such a attractive character lmao
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

47 by nushrathumaira »»
Aug 18, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

92 by Letizia_Lento »»
Aug 9, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2019

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2018

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

75 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.