Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode is out on Amazon Prime Japan
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%90%A7%E5%A3%B1%E5%88%BB/dp/B078TJKKZD/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1515251777&sr=1-2&keywords=%E5%88%BB%E5%88%BB

I think it's a decent start so far. Juri's character is consistent with how I remember in the manga while the story has a very eerie-thrillish feeling. Not impressed by Juri's family though especially the lazy uncle.

First episode is setting up for the remainder course of the story. For now, Juri's life has changed forever.
Stark700Jan 7, 2018 11:17 AM
Jan 7, 2018 4:21 AM

Apr 2017
Meh... Predictable Right off the bat... even most scenarios we're a bit unnecessary a**pull.. than manga

Wouldn't expect more than this load of Sh*tfest...

1/5
-HippySnob-Jan 7, 2018 4:40 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jan 7, 2018 5:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first mystery anime of this season is here!!!
I try to watch the episode, but me Japanese is not perfect, and i prefer to wait for it will be subbed!!
Jan 7, 2018 8:47 AM

Apr 2010
This was a pretty intense ending but so far it looks interesting.
Wondering what will happen next seeing the events so far i am guessing the entire anime will be pretty intense.
The main worries a bit to much tho.
Jan 7, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
This was an interesting first episode. A dysfunctional family with some mysterious powers trying to rescue their family members from some bad guys is quite unique. That monster though. I'm looking forward to see more.
Jan 7, 2018 9:41 AM
May 2016
I like what's going on, very intriguing. I think it's good enough for a three episode test. I didn't care for the series ED though, not really the song, but the random nudity that really clashed with the tone set up by the first episode.
Jan 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
wow just wow im still shocked of it how much it got me
feels kinda like ajin and ergo proxy wipes somehow :)
Jan 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
Cool start, although I'll try to keep my expectations on a neutral level. I hope the story is focused more on the mystery rather than the supernatural elements but that's unlikely to be the case, and I won't mind as long as the supernatural stuff is intriguing. Anyway, it was a promising first episode. Bonus points for the characters being adults lol
Jan 7, 2018 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Good episode. Nothing promising, but interesting at least, especially in term of mystery. Loved the ED song.
Jan 7, 2018 10:29 AM
Aug 2017
Best first episode of this season so far. I was very intrigued throughout the end. Will definitely continue watching to see what happens.
Jan 7, 2018 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
Whoa, holy dysfunctional family. I like this so far. It's weird but I like weird. A lot of stuff was introduced in just the first episode. A magic time stopping rock, flying ghosts that stop time, kidnappers, giant monsters. Cool op as well. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Jan 7, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Not sure where this is headed yet, little interest so far, but ending sequence got me.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 7, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
i couldn't recognize their group's leader for a while... He looks different from the manga.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 7, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2010
the most random shit ever the anime
Jan 7, 2018 10:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That is one unique OP song to say the least lol

As for the episode, I thought it was pretty decent....The dysfunctional family of the MC kinda reminds me of my household when I was growing up (Not gonna go into detail with how though =P) so I could relate to the MC with how she felt about em and her life atm

I'm curious to find out more about this time stopping ability though and how all these people are able to move/what all these supernatural creatures are

The leader of those cunts said that it's in the MC's family bloodline so I wanna learn more about that
Jan 7, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty interesting first episode. I like the events and mysteries that were set up and I'm interested in learning more about what'll happen later on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 7, 2018 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
Pacing felt a little weird but overall I'm interested. Woulda liked to know more about Juri's family before they got kidnapped but I'm very curious to see where this goes.
Jan 7, 2018 11:10 AM
Dec 2015
I thought this episode was interesting. The pacing seemed a bit fast at times but still great. The concept seems cool, but I am aware that using the concept of ‘time’ can sometimes be difficult to execute. Just have to wait and see I guess! Also loved that Opening!
Jan 7, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2017
NG_Calen said:
I like what's going on, very intriguing. I think it's good enough for a three episode test. I didn't care for the series ED though, not really the song, but the random nudity that really clashed with the tone set up by the first episode.

It's the same guy that did Kite so the skin showing is to be expected.
Jan 7, 2018 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
Well that was interesting. A world with monsters where time can be stopped. And people possibly possessed judging from what happened to that woman at the beginning. Not much else to say just yet until events unravel a bit more, so I'll do some speculation. This definitely feels like the kinda series that won't hesitate to kill off characters. Before the preview I was gonna say I think Juri's dad and brother would definitely get killed next week, but it looked like the dad was being taken away next episode so he might be spared. The grandfather seems too important to kill off this early considering they were after him in the first place and he has the knowledge behind the time stopping stone. Makoto being a child will probably be alright for now too, but we'll see.
Jan 7, 2018 11:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very intriguing start.

Time travel, teleportation and more people that can use it apparently.

Also that monster was WTF.
Jan 7, 2018 11:31 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
good stuff. could definitly fall on its face later but the first episode was one of the best this season so far after pop team epic and devilman.

Kerozinn said:
the most random shit ever the anime

are you really saying that when the most random shitpost in anime is also airing right now ? (Pop Team Epic)
Jan 7, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2012
That was good. It's like ajin + dio
Jan 7, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this is definitely an intriguing premise, but something feels a little off about the execution so far for some reason, and as such I'm not really sure if I actually enjoyed this episode or not.

Also, why were the subtitles so damn small? Could barely read them half the time, and the formatting when multiple people were speaking was awful, especially at the end.
Jan 7, 2018 11:44 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A bit messy, but overall, it's pretty intriguing. Hopefully it ends up being good since I had high expectations for this.

4/5
Jan 7, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2015
Atavistic said:
Well, this is definitely an intriguing premise, but something feels a little off about the execution so far for some reason, and as such I'm not really sure if I actually enjoyed this episode or not.

Also, why were the subtitles so damn small? Could barely read them half the time, and the formatting when multiple people were speaking was awful, especially at the end.

Yeah, the subs were complete aids. It actually made the viewing experience worse. I hope they get better for future episodes.

Jan 7, 2018 11:58 AM
Jul 2017
NG_Calen said:
... I didn't care for the series ED though, not really the song, but the random nudity that really clashed with the tone set up by the first episode.

Yeah, I agree. It doesn't bother me so much as it makes it tough to recommend the series to people who aren't into anime.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jan 7, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
It was okay, it wasn't really exciting (except for the ending with the monster, maybe), but the series has potential, and I liked the interactions of the main character with her family.
It's too early too judge the show, so I will wait a bit before taking the final veredict.
Jan 7, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2016
loved it. The MC and her "average" family are somehow funny.
Great start (and that fucking cliffhanger!) I hope I won't be disappointed later.

Op is great! So catchy! Sounds like the perfect song to wake up in the morning !
Jan 7, 2018 12:16 PM
Mar 2016
Hummm, so it looks like the kidnapping of Makoto was to lure somebody who has that stone. am I right?
Jan 7, 2018 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Just... what's going on lol. But yeah it was pretty interesting, looking forward to the next episode.

Also, the opening theme is great. EDIT: Just realized it's Miyavi. No wonder it sounds so good.
fuyukiJan 7, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 7, 2018 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
hopefully this doesnt turn into an over the top anime
Jan 7, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
NEET, hobo like father, kidnapping and ransom, too real :'(
Timestop spells but another group also those it, they're after the grandpa.
Jan 7, 2018 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
A pleasant surprise. I had some expectations for this show but this first episode surpassed them. I can easily see this becoming convoluted and shitty later on but I'm remaining optimistic about this.
The directing was solid, and the soundtrack was really unique with that chanting. CG was kinda intrusive but whatever I'm kind of used to it in anime nowadays. The OP is dope as hell. Though I like the ED song, it was reaaally out of place considering the episode was serious and really tense, then suddenly...tits and ass! Classic Umetsu.
I really like the characters so far, especially the Grandpa. I've noticed that badass grandpas have become a trend in anime lately and I have no problems with it whatsoever. Also nice to see an adult woman as a protagonist. The dad can fuck off though.
I'll be waiting for the next episode, that was quite the cliffhanger. Really interested in the villains and how they can move during Stasis. I hope this stays good. Please stay good.
HonguJan 7, 2018 12:58 PM
Jan 7, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
At first, I thought this would be a low budget slug fest with crappy plot and animation. This is a lot better than I thought, and might just fill in the "dark mystery action drama" spot for this season.
Jan 7, 2018 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
So far this is quite interesting concept. So much supernatural surprises from the middle to the last moment! can't wait to know that them soon! But I think the art is not quite impressive and more like came out on 2007-8 and so the characters voices.

Btw the ED was quite something too. AND btw! too much female mc so far in 2018!!!!

EDIT: nice to see that this actually a manga adaptation, which is also complete. Nice we will get a conclusive ending

removed-userJan 7, 2018 3:15 PM
Jan 7, 2018 1:05 PM
Mar 2016
... so it's Stephen King's Langoliers?

I mean, I was expecting this to go back and forth between the active world and the stopped world, but I'm gathering that the whole show will occur during this single moment in time. I guess that's okay, but they throw you into it substantially faster than most time-travel anime I've seen.

I'll be interested to see where they take Juri's character. For a moment there, they suggested that she was ready to run a cutting knife through someone else in stopped time, and that doesn't seem regular or rational to me. If the stopped world begins playing with her head, we could have something interesting going.

Either way, I'm not 100% on board yet, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes to convince me.
Jan 7, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
ED is too hot too handle!! Boku is back!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 7, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
Oh wow, that was great! And that was the best anime OP I've heard in a while.
Jan 7, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked this first EP. Premise seems interesting, the "average" and adult MC lead is something you dont see every day in anime and the OP was really great imo.

Still the premise and dark tone of the show can turn into a shitfest really fast...I hope this won't happen though.

4/5 so far.
Jan 7, 2018 2:05 PM
Dec 2017
Kokkoku is super interesting. I like the realistic and supernatural thing it has going on. The ending song is better than the opening in my opinion...despite the fanservice. It doesn't bother me though.
Jan 7, 2018 2:50 PM

Sep 2016
Yo i dig this OP, contender of OP of the season so far.

As far of the episode itself, good start, Geno studio first TV project and im curious how it goes since they will be doing Golden Kamuy next season.

I like their studio intro at the beginning, i wish more studios do that.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 7, 2018 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Lol at these familiy circumstances.

Nice start, I guess, didn't amaze me,but this show has potential as for now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2018 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty solid first episode, I'm definitely intrigued to find out what happens next.
Jan 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Dec 2015
The tone of this show is very similar to last season's Inuyashiki...which ended up hating.

Let's just see how this goes.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 7, 2018 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
thereIwasnt said:
... so it's Stephen King's Langoliers?

I mean, I was expecting this to go back and forth between the active world and the stopped world, but I'm gathering that the whole show will occur during this single moment in time. I guess that's okay, but they throw you into it substantially faster than most time-travel anime I've seen.

I'll be interested to see where they take Juri's character. For a moment there, they suggested that she was ready to run a cutting knife through someone else in stopped time, and that doesn't seem regular or rational to me. If the stopped world begins playing with her head, we could have something interesting going.

Either way, I'm not 100% on board yet, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes to convince me.

Pretty sure the knife scene was before the timestop, so she was actually planning to run that knife thru someone else while they were still moving normally.. Far from an unnatural impulse for a woman to kill to protect a child in the family.

I'm liking it so far. They are confident in their CGI at least or they wouldn't show off insect closeups. XD A surprising amount of character details already (anyone else pick up on Juri's self-loathing and anger towards her mom? It's there, even if it is only one line.) especially for what I was expecting to be sci-fi/horror schlock. Should be fun to see how far down this rabbit hole goes.
Jan 7, 2018 3:34 PM

Jan 2014
It's interesting. The fact that other people can also go into the stasis world threw me off - I don't know why lol. That's one fucking weird ass stone.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 7, 2018 4:14 PM

Feb 2016
That was such a clusterfuck of shit going on atm, but seems interesting overall, gonna give it some episodes before I decide what to do with it.

That ending tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 7, 2018 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
Subs timing is so off when they do double dialogues at once...
Jan 7, 2018 4:35 PM

May 2015
Had no expectations whatsoever, but that was a pretty damn interesting start.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

142 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

67 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

54 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

61 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

45 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.