Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 4:11 AM

Sep 2014
What's the weight of Heavy Object :)
Oct 3, 2015 4:12 AM

Jun 2011
This episode felt really bland, not sure if I want to continue this.
Oct 3, 2015 4:12 AM

Aug 2011
So mediocre it hurts
Oct 3, 2015 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty boring so far.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 3, 2015 4:22 AM

May 2015
Kinda boring. Animation was good but the exposition and character interactions were pretty dull and uninteresting. Gonna wait and see what the next episode brings. (Unlike some 12 year olds that complain over ONE episode)

Oct 3, 2015 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Kinda boring. Animation was good but the exposition and character interactions were pretty dull and uninteresting. Gonna wait and see what the next episode brings. (Unlike some 12 year olds that complain over ONE episode)

BTW

the girl is 14-15 not a 12 i don't know where the 12 come from
Oct 3, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2014
Felt like Pacific Rim.

Hurray for kuuderes.

PrevE said:
im a exposition kind of guy as well id focus more on the words than whats happening so the beginning is ok for me

other than that,it was a disappointment.

fan service?on the 1st ep?on a 14 year old girl who is dying?god that guy frustrates me so much theres someone dying there and all you care about are her boobs?wow dude

that ending left no impact on me whatsoever as well.kind of pointless.instead of showing us all this useless stuff id like more plot-based content tyvm

Who said she was dying?
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Jul 2014
mira-nyan said:
Felt like Pacific Rim.

Hurray for kuuderes.

PrevE said:
im a exposition kind of guy as well id focus more on the words than whats happening so the beginning is ok for me

other than that,it was a disappointment.

fan service?on the 1st ep?on a 14 year old girl who is dying?god that guy frustrates me so much theres someone dying there and all you care about are her boobs?wow dude

that ending left no impact on me whatsoever as well.kind of pointless.instead of showing us all this useless stuff id like more plot-based content tyvm

Who said she was dying?

She said herself
Oct 3, 2015 4:45 AM

May 2015
Devil_Slayer said:
AnimeFanJoe123 said:

BTW

Wasn't talking about the main female character. I meant the losers who are giving it a 6 from ONE episode.

Oct 3, 2015 4:58 AM

Jul 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
Devil_Slayer said:

BTW

Wasn't talking about the main female character. I meant the losers who are giving it a 6 from ONE episode.

oh my bad

true you can't judge on an anime from the first episode most of it was a world building and setup the real shit begin next week
Oct 3, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2014
A pretty interesting start. It's kind of frightening to think those objects, which probably weight more than most skyscrapers, can travel at 530kph. I really don't wanna get chased by one now! O_O

Anyway, the first episode focused a lot on the back story at how the objects started and how it dominated the wars in was first involved in. Definately looking forward to Object vs Object battles going by how the cliffhanger at the end went.

The characters are pretty interesting, although I need more episode to determine what characters I'm going to like or hate.

The animation and art so far has been pretty good, as is the 3D CGI, which is getting too much criticism from other users. Shame. =/

I feel this show is a slow burner, so even the standard 3-episode rule might not be suitable with a show like this. Shirobako is another show that is a slow burner considering how many characters get introduced right at the start, so the 3-episode rule for Shirobako isn't the best rule to use.
Oct 3, 2015 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
Jrm1nt said:
raveninthemuddle said:
...followed up by someone no one knows sneezing. Great job Hiroyuki Yoshino, you did it again.

Yeah, usually when a show starts you end up seeing people you haven't seen before.

They could have at least show where they are or give some visual hints (yeah visual storytelling, almost forget anime is a visual medium) to show he is or they are related to the Object in any way possible (or just narrate it damn it), then otherwise how the audience know or get a glance of who he is? Sure we know they are going to have something to do with the story from the promotional materials but not from the show itself and what's the purpose of that particular scene? Is it trying to be humorous because the previous narration is the same guy asking a rhetorical question "So how's others doing?" and then the next shot is he, and also some other guy shoving snow and sneezing. You spent 5 MINUTES dumping exposition and testing your audience's patient why not spend just a few more shots to establish those two characters? Is the entire opening scene taken straight from the novel because it did feel like it's taking straight from the novel, if not it's still very lazy, telling and more telling, instead of slowing revealing the world as the story processes. Even just a heads up composed of few dialogue and some shots of the Objects is more than sufficient. Just why is the show more interested in forcing details no one cares? I guess they think they can keep everyone in check by giving us some CG battles and expositions, and what kind of mentally is that? I mean it's obviously targeted at your average LN readers and anime viewers but that doesn't mean you can be lazy or sloppy on your job. But I guess I can't ask for qualities because it's about making anime fast and cheap and they hire the perfect guy for the job. So I should have expected this. When people say sometimes they are too harsh on a particular type of anime, usually I would say "Give it 10 minutes, just to give yourself some ground" Well this anime successfully does it in less than 10 minutes, 6 minutes to be exact. Do people really expect anything good from lazy storytelling, bad intentions and zero enthusiasm? It's rather a matter of improving your judgment skills, definitely not something you can fix by following the so called "3 episodes rule".

TL:TR: This is a rather insignificant rant, ignore it or make fun of it or whatever. And it's not directed at the user responded to my previous post, I just think I needed to explain my views on the arrangement of the opening sequence. That's all.
Oct 3, 2015 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
Decent first episode. I have mixed feelings about Sanzigen being involved, their cgi is mediocre at best, but at least it was not as bad as in Arpeggio of Blue Steel. The characters are fine and the heavy objects are really interesting. I'm a bit confused about the synopsis: it said battles are fought by soldiers controlling Objects far away from harm. Okay, they are heavily armored, but the pilots sit in these machines, so they are not really far away from harm. I throught the Objects were remote-controlled like drones.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 3, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2013
I don't understand the bad reception, this episode was fine. I especially liked the intro.
Oct 3, 2015 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
A pretty interesting start. It's kind of frightening to think those objects, which probably weight more than most skyscrapers, can travel at 530kph. I really don't wanna get chased by one now! O_O

Anyway, the first episode focused a lot on the back story at how the objects started and how it dominated the wars in was first involved in. Definately looking forward to Object vs Object battles going by how the cliffhanger at the end went.

The characters are pretty interesting, although I need more episode to determine what characters I'm going to like or hate.

The animation and art so far has been pretty good, as is the 3D CGI, which is getting too much criticism from other users. Shame. =/

I feel this show is a slow burner, so even the standard 3-episode rule might not be suitable with a show like this. Shirobako is another show that is a slow burner considering how many characters get introduced right at the start, so the 3-episode rule for Shirobako isn't the best rule to use.

i read the manga the next episode gonna be full of action "which most people want "
so if they didn't like the show after this they better drop it just not for theme "the people that complain about one episode "

what a childish way to judge on the anime from the first episode

if i were to judge the same way i wouldn't be able witness code geass and fate zero greatness !!!
Oct 3, 2015 5:46 AM

May 2015
Well, decent first episode. I honestly didn't expect a little fanservice though. That cliffhanger right at the first episode. Hopefully we'll get some action going on soon. But fuck though, Frolaytia's fucking hot...

Oct 3, 2015 5:50 AM

Aug 2008
So far this season is full of really crappy first episodes that in no way make you want to see more. This might be the worst fall season in years...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 3, 2015 6:06 AM
Feb 2012
^there's Haikyuu. Fuck the rest.

An incredibly boring show, portrayed by an equally boring first episode. Index he may have written, but should've stuck with that and that alone. I'd rather wait till 2016 and get Index III than a two-cour showing of a military show relying solely on huge robots and cheap ero jokes. Dropped.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 3, 2015 6:16 AM
Jul 2014
I actually fell asleep watching that episode.
Oct 3, 2015 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
this seems interesting the intro was good and all but it kinda got a little boring later
Oct 3, 2015 6:58 AM

Jun 2015
It was fine, hope it gets better.

Oct 3, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2014
Nigami_Shin said:

i'll try to be as object-ive as possible :D
(to object-ifie it for you - mostly round metal balls, Ø50m on continuous tracks)
Alaska base has lost a fight against another object and is now object-less :D
You're terrible.
Oct 3, 2015 7:14 AM

Oct 2013
Didn't like the first episode, and i'm not really fond of the main character either.
Will, continue watching 2 more episodes. If it wont get better I will drop it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
Rachmaninow said:
^there's Haikyuu. Fuck the rest.

An incredibly boring show, portrayed by an equally boring first episode. Index he may have written, but should've stuck with that and that alone. I'd rather wait till 2016 and get Index III than a two-cour showing of a military show relying solely on huge robots and cheap ero jokes. Dropped.

If you say so. Even if Heavy Objects has nothing more to offer than that ( and I doubt that ), I prefer it over the boring Index every time. In this regard it is probably like Pacific Rim or Battleship and I think nobody watched these movies because of the story.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 3, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2015
Many people could say that is a mediocre start, and that the light novel series is bad, but I still like especially for the MGS style of taking down gigant mechas with nothing but rocket launchers,machine guns and C4s
Oct 3, 2015 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
Even though I agree with the episode being slow but it felt like this episode was a really good intro episode to explain everything and now it will start to pick up and not be as slow.

Here is my full review on the 1st episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgUFYGpP7rY
Oct 3, 2015 8:04 AM

Dec 2008
I'm watching this only because of author of To Aru..

Not good not bad so far.

Oct 3, 2015 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
Holy exposition batman!!! So many plotholes i can't even... Anyway not a good first episode. The fan service was really unnecessary.
Oct 3, 2015 9:13 AM
Mar 2014
latipah63 said:
Holy exposition batman!!! So many plotholes i can't even... Anyway not a good first episode. The fan service was really unnecessary.

plotholes?
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 3, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
I like how the environments were drawn from the snowy grounds, to the cerulean skies and waters. They were quite the feast to the eyes, or maybe I just like tend to like those colourations more.

A little slow, but I don't mind it unless the later episodes aren't rewarding at all. I can't help but to expect a little something from this, despite that odd scene and its "importance."
Oct 3, 2015 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
I'm not sure if I'm interested by the show or just JC Staff's hand in this. Either way, this has my attention.
Orionite_ said:
What's the weight of Heavy Object :)

14, duh.
Oct 3, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2014
A decent episode, at least it intrigued me. They were quick on the shower fan service though. Lets see where this is going.
Oct 3, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
This felt painfully generic.
I will give it the three-episode rule treatment.
Oct 3, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
Everyone here should give the next episode a try at least.

If you dislike episode 2, might as well not watch it.
Oct 3, 2015 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
Thought it would be pretty serious, but it has humor all over the place. Interesting.

An intimidating boss, kuudere girl, laid back co-worker, highly destructive machines.
We're definitely in for something but the question is what.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 3, 2015 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
I suspected people might not like it but not expecting up to this level. Thought the first ep was okay, a bit too much exposition and unnecessary fanservice, i'll give it next ep at least.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 3, 2015 1:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, why do I have a rule that I will never drop an anime. I only watched it because it was J.C. Staff, who were rocking this year. I swear, if this is 2-cour and something like One-Punch Man is 1-cour, I'll kill myself. Appearently the LN are pretty well respected. Is this just a bad adaptation or does it get better?

2/5
Oct 3, 2015 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
I really can't think of any other show with such awkward exposition.
They should've just given every sentence beginning with "in this day and age" to the narrator. A 5 minute info dump at the start is hardly elegant anyway, might as well stretch it to 10.
Or do these dudes actually spend their days trying to cram all the common knowledge they can think of into conversation? Is this a common hobby in that day and age?
Oct 3, 2015 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
I like the light purple hair girl. Nice design. The blonde MC is really stupid.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 3, 2015 2:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This series so far is not as "generic" as people claim it is, not more than the X number of light novel series out there and yet seem to gather more hate. Apparently if you don't have an edgy first episode it's generic nowadays on MAL. I personally thought this was a fine episode and got me interested in the next episode. More disappointed with the hate here than the episode. Apparently the attention span of most users here are short...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2015 3:14 PM
Jan 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
Jrm1nt said:

Yeah, usually when a show starts you end up seeing people you haven't seen before.

They could have at least show where they are or give some visual hints (yeah visual storytelling, almost forget anime is a visual medium) to show he is or they are related to the Object in any way possible (or just narrate it damn it), then otherwise how the audience know or get a glance of who he is? Sure we know they are going to have something to do with the story from the promotional materials but not from the show itself and what's the purpose of that particular scene? Is it trying to be humorous because the previous narration is the same guy asking a rhetorical question "So how's others doing?" and then the next shot is he, and also some other guy shoving snow and sneezing. You spent 5 MINUTES dumping exposition and testing your audience's patient why not spend just a few more shots to establish those two characters? Is the entire opening scene taken straight from the novel because it did feel like it's taking straight from the novel, if not it's still very lazy, telling and more telling, instead of slowing revealing the world as the story processes. Even just a heads up composed of few dialogue and some shots of the Objects is more than sufficient. Just why is the show more interested in forcing details no one cares? I guess they think they can keep everyone in check by giving us some CG battles and expositions, and what kind of mentally is that? I mean it's obviously targeted at your average LN readers and anime viewers but that doesn't mean you can be lazy or sloppy on your job. But I guess I can't ask for qualities because it's about making anime fast and cheap and they hire the perfect guy for the job. So I should have expected this. When people say sometimes they are too harsh on a particular type of anime, usually I would say "Give it 10 minutes, just to give yourself some ground" Well this anime successfully does it in less than 10 minutes, 6 minutes to be exact. Do people really expect anything good from lazy storytelling, bad intentions and zero enthusiasm? It's rather a matter of improving your judgment skills, definitely not something you can fix by following the so called "3 episodes rule".

TL:TR: This is a rather insignificant rant, ignore it or make fun of it or whatever. And it's not directed at the user responded to my previous post, I just think I needed to explain my views on the arrangement of the opening sequence. That's all.

I believe it's implied that they are related to the objects because they're shown right after the exposition, but whatever. I don't think that part was the big issue, I'm more annoyed with the cringy fanservice.
Oct 3, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2015
I decided to check this out of pure curiosity. I wasn’t really planning on doing so, but whatever.

It was an ok-average 1st episode to say the least. I didn’t like the overall flow of the episode, characters’ interactions, and the CG left a lot to desire (minor thing, but nevertheless). Also, I don’t mind fanservice, but I didn’t like it was presented here; too soon, too early.

Since this is supposed to be 24 episodes long (split cour or not), I’ll keep watching it a little longer.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 3, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
A fine start, nothing else.I have to say i kinda like the premise and if done right it can be decent in future, but since nothing goes the way i want it in anime lately i'm expecting this to stay fine-ish till the end.Well, better fine than crap i guess.
First impression 6/10 - okay-ish opening too.
Oct 3, 2015 4:31 PM
Oct 2014
Episode 1 and I am already seeing bad animation and ridiculously dragged out monologues. Come on, guys. That's not the way to do your first impression.
Oct 3, 2015 4:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
latipah63 said:

ITS THE FIRST FUCKIN EPISODE DONT ALREADY STARTS TO TALK ABOUT PLOTHOLES JESUS CHRIST.
Oct 3, 2015 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
DatRandomDude said:
latipah63 said:

ITS THE FIRST FUCKIN EPISODE DONT ALREADY STARTS TO TALK ABOUT PLOTHOLES JESUS CHRIST.

Unexplained things in first episode = plotholes. Noobs throwing around words that they didn't even understand themselves.

smh.

Oct 3, 2015 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
Woah, awesome anime lol
-Mecha? Check.
-Girls with Nice oppai? check
-Action/ Military Stuff? Check
I can't wait to see more of this *Thumbs up*

Fuck off Haters :D
Oct 3, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2015
ElectricRed said:
Woah, awesome anime lol
-Mecha? Check.
-Girls with Nice oppai? check
-Action/ Military Stuff? Check
I can't wait to see more of this *Thumbs up*

Fuck off Haters :D

Well said bro! You're my kind of people
Oct 3, 2015 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
My favorite part is when the grill got stuck on the chair because of the seat belt and her boobs got bigger.
Oct 3, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
Talk about how to impress your audience and draw them in: 5 minutes long exposition with boring narration accompany with bad CG, then followed up by someone no one knows sneezing. Great job Hiroyuki Yoshino, you did it again.

Haha, I find that ironic because my exact thoughts were, during that scene, "This is some pretty interesting exposition." Maybe I'm just too naive.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.