Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2013 9:19 AM

Aug 2012
I love Fino's personality and attitude. She's better this way and i'm happy that she wasn't a tsundere. And boobs. Boobs are always entertaining to watch.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 12, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
It seems as if they put half their animation budget into the first episode xD Probably as a form of bate and switch xD

I don't mind though. I was really surprised by the animation in episode 1 so this episode was a lot more along the lines of what i expected from this show. I actually liked this more since it seems as if they can't afford to animate quite as many annoying service shots. The drop in production quality might actually save this for me xD
Oct 12, 2013 12:48 PM
Jan 2013
Whoa, no Fino nipple shots?
Oct 12, 2013 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Goddamn whats wrong with you guys!?

I keep hearing Maou-sama this, Maou-sama that! Its not Maou-sama guys get over it!! Hell Maou sama wasnt even that good. this is Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita and it focus's on comedy and fanservice!!
Im loving this series so far the comedys great, Fino is pure gold! and the fanservice is great! I love fanservice when its not ntr like qwaser.
Oct 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
Oh boy, that was bad. The reduction in fan service from the last episode was nice, but Fino's character development was painful to watch.

I'd like to see more of Airi, but other than that, I don't see anything else worth looking forward to. I'll likely be dropping it soon, but I'll give it another episode or two.
Oct 12, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2012
When Raul was writing on Fino's hand it sounded like a hentai.

Raul has a little fit with that bee but can't bring himself to fight it.

Raul met with his former rival and teammates.

The store was being robbed and Fino didn't even know it.She beat the thief though.

Clap,clap,clap,for the sale,who care about stopping the thief.

Fino remembering those 7 lines was cute,I guess.

And Fino moved next door to Raul.
YorusighOct 12, 2013 4:50 PM
Oct 12, 2013 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Solid episode, nothing to really love or hate. Although I did replay that OP a few times.
Oct 13, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2011
I guess the comedy for this anime is really less than I thought it would have. Rather, I am more interested on the hero side, self denial of the main character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2013 3:30 AM

Oct 2009
Was planning on dropping this, but i enjoyed this episode. Clap, clap, clap, clap~

Fino <33, pretty much my reason to keep watching right now.
Oct 13, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
Wow dat ED!

Honestly that is the best thing about this episode the fish out of water portion robery is kinda not funny, where the hell is the f#cking fanservice like the 1st episode!
Oct 13, 2013 3:27 PM
Mar 2013
I watched the first two episodes now. As for the fan service, I don't like it because that is too much. But the situation is interesting: "What it would be for who was supposed to be save the world on the war between the humanity and the demon empire and had been trained as a fighter, whose eminent skill now gone to be useless in the peaceful post-war world." In this episode, an interviewer in dark suits was very cynical to him. I guess it was the worst example he got but he suffered such insults more than once even if the others chose softer words.
I have an impression that this may be one possible story after "Maou Yuusha" where Hero sometimes feels sad because what he can do are just killing someone and destroying something...
Oh well. it seems a situation comedy and not to be depressing. I'll keep watching.
htsujiOct 13, 2013 3:42 PM
Oct 13, 2013 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
Fiji said:
I guess the comedy for this anime is really less than I thought it would have. Rather, I am more interested on the hero side, self denial of the main character.

I agree with that. He assumed himself to be useless anymore but felt relieved and a bit more self-confident after he started to take care of Fino.
He talked to himself, "that is all right, I'm sure, if a daughter of the demon load tries her best to wait on customers, or if there is such a world that a guy who couldn't become a hero and a girl who couldn't become a demon load are working together in the same shop."
Oct 13, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Oct 13, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
Fino is so adorable...
Hopefully we get to see more screen time of Raul's rival :)
Oct 14, 2013 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
I like Fino's personality!!! Lol @ theif!!! Congratz on selling a refrigerator !!!

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap XDDD
Oct 15, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Hahahaha Fino's like nyaruko, in a much stronger personality. And they do look a like, so I'm getting fired up every episode hahaha
Oct 15, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2013
enjoyable
Oct 15, 2013 8:16 PM

Feb 2012
I suppose the 2nd episode was a bit better than the first. Not really sure where the story is going at all, but whatever haha. "She is living next to you after all" GET IT
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 16, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
Quote from episode 1,
KhanhCPham said:
The guy doesnt over react to oppai too.

Are you sure?

There are some funny part, but in overall it's still kinda boring. They're trying to hard to make every girls look "moe".

chaos86 said:
That MOANING!!

Eudaimonia said:
As expected the great animation quality presented in the first episode took a nosedive this week.
Too bad there's nothing worthwhile left otherwise in this show. Goodby generic harem series, you won't be missed.

Not sure what you were expecting. The art is quite standard for a comedy anime, I don't see how you can apply last week's amazing battle animation to everyday occurrences inside a shop. This series is clearly tagged as harem comedy, expecting great battle sequence-like animation every week is a bit out of place.. go watch Tokyo Ravens or Kyoukai no Kanata or something.

The art is really bad. Look back at the first episode, where the girl in the shop smiled at our main protagonist early in the episode, that mouth.. that art.. ahh so blinding..

Saburo-kun said:
clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

That's kind of retarded imo. How old is that manager anyway? Is the writer trying to make her all "cute"? Welp they failed, instead they created one huge retard.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
The second episode pretty much establishes that this will be neither particularly ground breaking nor particularly profound, but come-on--how much are you really expecting from an ecchi harem comedy? At this point it looks competent with some attractive characters, although I'm still not entirely sure why the two girls from Lawson are included (unless it's part of a sponsorship deal). Don't get your hopes up for an anatomically correct version (nipples) as I think even ATX is running this in a censored version--you'll have to wait for the BD's. I've got this noted as watchable light entertainment, but there are going to be other shows that are higher on my priority list.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2013 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
Very enjoyable episode. Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 17, 2013 9:32 PM

Jun 2012
So far so good. I thought it would be funnier, but instead we get some really nice heartwarming moment along with some comedy, so that's nice. I'll give them some "clap", good episode and so far so good to me.
Oct 21, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
Much better than episode 1, I really enjoyed it. It's much better with less fan service.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 3:34 AM

Nov 2012
lol I cant believe if fino is this cute XD...
well it is awesome show so far... I kind of like it :3
Oct 28, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
yeah this ep better than first one
Fino is cute as always.. but Raul's still boring

too bad, I've decided to drop this anime
Oct 31, 2013 5:40 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I take back what I said, the plot is going towards the slice of life and it's not trivial. Reads almost like a production type working, so to speak. Unfortunately, the graphic and technical side is OUT!
Narratively simple, no-frills expressed a potential that not even imagined in the first episode, all of reasoned and no bullshit. The character designs by Tetsuya Takeuchi, I was not very impressed I must say, too thin for my taste! XD
The work of Asread even amazes me ... ah! Bad thing when you're dealing with Production IG, A1 Pictures and PA Works ... everything else seems small! ^ ^ "
Color design, which has not bud, it can also fit me!
Given the improvements, the vote goes up to 4/5 and also the general 5/10!
Nov 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
raul kun on his job interview with all hero experience and no work experience had to be the funniest thing ive seen all today.
Nov 22, 2013 2:33 PM

May 2013
The explaining about how people use magic was nice
Nov 22, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
"Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap..."

LOL
Dec 28, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
*swings axe* "Sorry for the delay" LMAO.

Dec 28, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
Very very very very disappointing series. Nothing else to say.
Jan 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
....I can't believe I was actually moved by a scene with just a girl repeating store greetings. My standards have severely dropped.

Also, does anybody else find the plot of this anime rather depressing actually?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jan 2, 2014 1:54 AM

Aug 2013
Yoshaa..!! quite an improvement.
Fino looks cuter than I thought.. hope there's some Airi screen time later on. :D

That "clap clap clap clap clap" moment got me laughing.
Jan 10, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
damn that last scene nearly had me going... what the hell, getting soft these days haha! apart from that it was a 'fine' episode had some funny moments especially the scenes with the shoplifter haha! i think the animation stayed solid maybe watching shows in higher definition makes a difference or maybe i just have low standards and can't tell xD

also not as much fan service this episode in comparison to the first which was welcomed!
Mar 16, 2014 8:45 AM
May 2012
Motherfucking mysterious light beam is back, my mortal enemy!!!
Awww, Fino is adorable, and I really like her voice, it turns me on somewhat O_o
The reciting part was really moving, Fino worked really hard.
The thief was an idiot ahahaha.

TonyC1994 said:
....I can't believe I was actually moved by a scene with just a girl repeating store greetings. My standards have severely dropped.

Also, does anybody else find the plot of this anime rather depressing actually?

Yeah, the plot is really somehow depressing :/
Also, your standards didn't severely dropped my friend.
Jun 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
I liked the robbery scene.
Jul 24, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development I must say, I really like the cute setting and the overall pacing so let's see what's next!
Oct 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my god! Fino is so damn kawaii! :)
Feb 24, 2015 4:30 PM
Jan 2015
I'm not sure what the rules are about threads that are this old, but it asked me if I wanted to discuss and I want to discuss :P I actually like raul a lot. For example, typical anime mc would sit there and stare, he slammed the door and well didn't stare. a lot more relate able to me
Apr 5, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 2008
This episode's storyline is something you can only see in Japanese media. A girl had to learn eight short sentences. That was the plot of the episode. Man these Light Novels are so good, great idea, great characters, great story!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 11, 2015 10:04 PM

Feb 2013
Good thing I'm wathcing with headphones. That moaning was a bit much.

Basically this world's magic is our world's electricity.

Fin ois learning quite well at a good pace. Glad she's not going to be a dumb character who knows nothing. This is good. She was really cute when she was struggling there at the end.
Jun 11, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
What a nice episode, Fino was so sweet trying her hardest ^^
Sep 30, 2015 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
pachi pachi pachi pachi O_O
Aug 1, 2016 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Fun episode. Fun series. I'm enjoying it so far!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 21, 2018 6:12 PM

Jan 2018
The idea that you can store mana to generate energy to be used for utilities and such is really amazing. And you can generate it yourself instead of relying on a corporation. No bills!

Ahhh, Fino has curves in all the right places!
Barely 2 minutes in and BAM, Fino's tits are on display. This is awesome. Haha

Man, just him writing the eight phrases on her hand made me think some crazy, dirty shit. I need to calm down. lol
And I'm surprised no one mentioned that his chest tattoo looks like the female reproductive system. lol

Oh my God, she's ridiculously adorable!

Fino the hard worker. Raul the patient teacher. They're made for each other. :)
Of course she's gonna be his neighbor. Hahaha
Wouldn't have it any other way.
BofthreeMay 21, 2018 10:23 PM

Apr 8, 2020 6:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fino is just so cute, I just hope for more event in the shop
Mar 12, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2020
Proud of Fino for remember that and Raul was probably proud aswell.
Sep 12, 4:25 AM

Jun 2022
somewhat amusing
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

94 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 12, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2013

206 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 12, 4:10 AM

» season 2

Shomix - Dec 27, 2013

12 by James_xeno »»
Sep 11, 4:46 PM

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

5 by kiritsukiyoku »»
May 19, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.