Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2007 4:35 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.----------------------------------------
nice epi! what a twist :S arg
i think they shud tell Chagum whats going on else he might try to escape.
cant wait for next epi, the preview looks ueber interesting >.<
Aug 9, 2007 7:11 AM

Apr 2007
salute to tohya! even though he cracked after the hunters left, i felt sad and happy at the same time. =/
Aug 9, 2007 6:47 PM

Jul 2007
the fact that Balsa didn't explain why she forcefully tried to prevent Chagum from going back worries me.. Chagum doesn't seem like the type who'd run away but this might get inconvenient for Balsa later.. and Shuga's such a nancy lol!
Aug 14, 2007 6:32 PM

Oct 2006
Great but risky move by Tohya. Fortunately he managed to get away with it safely.
I don't think it's a good idea to keep Chagum in the dark.. and I also don't think he'd ran away but if they are caught by the elite guard again, he might chose to go with them... we'll see.

candelina said:
and Shuga's such a nancy lol!

rotfl
Aug 27, 2007 8:59 PM

Apr 2007
Shuga must have suffered a broken rib or two from getting hit by Balsa. He's been holding his side half the episode. I'm just happy that Tohya is still alive. He made quite a ballsy move and luckily made out with his head still on his shoulders.
tainteddonutAug 27, 2007 9:02 PM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 27, 2007 9:20 PM

Jun 2007
Probably just a bruised rib, sure knocked the wind out of him.

Jan 27, 2008 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
Just wanted to chime in on this episode which I referenced in my review of the series. The end of this episode had so much emotion in it, it cemented this anime as a classic for me.

Tohya's actions to save Balsa gave this seemingly inconsequential light hearted character a moment to shine in the limelight and develop into a man. His interactions with one of the hunters, with the hunter lying to the others to protect the kid was such an understated and subtle moment, that in any other anime would be made blatant and obvious with flashbacks, etc. Tohya breaking down afterwards with Balsa watching and promising that she'll never forget what he did was an intensely profound climax to the episode. Just amazingly well done.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 9, 2008 5:47 PM

Oct 2007
Shuga: She hit you like *6 hours* ago in the stomach and you're still stumbling around. You need to order a 30 Minute Abs DVD or something. Yeesh!
Jan 14, 2009 4:04 AM

Jul 2008
This was a great episode, such brash but effective tactics by Tohya. I think a lot of things are lingering in Chagum's mind, but he should be mindful of how has been taking care of him. I hope he ends up showing the right amount of favor towards Balsa in a later decision.
Apr 7, 2009 1:42 PM

Feb 2009
Woah that some balls you got here Tohya?!
Apr 29, 2009 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
Cihan said:
Just wanted to chime in on this episode which I referenced in my review of the series. The end of this episode had so much emotion in it, it cemented this anime as a classic for me.

Tohya's actions to save Balsa gave this seemingly inconsequential light hearted character a moment to shine in the limelight and develop into a man. His interactions with one of the hunters, with the hunter lying to the others to protect the kid was such an understated and subtle moment, that in any other anime would be made blatant and obvious with flashbacks, etc. Tohya breaking down afterwards with Balsa watching and promising that she'll never forget what he did was an intensely profound climax to the episode. Just amazingly well done.

Yes. It is nice to know that there are still some anime gems out there. :)
Jun 19, 2009 11:33 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, seems Chagum is now torn in what he wishes to do with the news he received, it will be interesting to see what his actions will be like from now.
Oct 17, 2009 7:28 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode

tohyo was great

and nice music in the ending
Mar 28, 2010 11:48 PM

Sep 2008
Daaaaaaaang. TT-TT I really loved that old mill. I wish Toya didn't have to burn it.

But warning Balsa away was more important, as was burning the map. Good move Toya.

And I don't think the "chief" lied to protect Toya... he probably really did believe what he said. Balsa is clever and her foes probably would believe that she wouldn't tell a simple errand runner more than absolutely necessary. But it is nice that he waited to tell Toya that he had earned his respect with that act of courage. Nice to see that not ALL of the hunters are as much of a jerk as Jin. I know not everyone will agree with my view of Jin, but seriously - he's not shown an ounce of care for anyone except Chagum.

And wow Shuga - what a wuss. Seriously, you can't even WALK after than many hours? It's not like Balsa hit him that hard.

Meh.

The emotional bit at the end was great. Toya standing firm while his life was being threatened - not selling out Balsa and the prince - and then breaking down totally when he realized that he was going to live. Balsa really won't forget Toya... you've more than repaid your debt to her.

Of course... she wouldn't have needed protecting if you hadn't been careless with your business. :P Granted, who would have thought that the hunters would be watching him. It certainly seemed safe enough.

Balsa and Tanda need to tell Chagum the truth NOW or risk losing him if the hunters ever catch up. He needs to know that there really is a reason for Balsa so callously saying that there were more important things than the death of his brother.

She's right.

But she needs to let him know that. That really wasn't a moment to go all mother/commander on him. Hold your tongue? Really? The boy just found out that his only sibling is dead. Gyah... poorly done Balsa. She's been around too much death in her life if she's already forgotten the effect it has on a child who's old enough to understand it.
Jun 9, 2010 11:12 PM
Feb 2008
Tohya's a true bro!

I agree Balsa should've told Chagum what was up.
Jul 5, 2010 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
Tohya, you are a genius.

Assassins attack Balsa and the Boy when she tried to safe Chagum, now they hunt her again because she protected him just from the very same guys. Totally messed up
Aug 2, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2009
Wow! ='(

Tohya's situation made me really cry, I like how Balsa swear to never forget what happen. I think that will increase her will power to fight them
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 30, 2010 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
Wow that was such a great episode. Good to see so many other people also praising this episode. :D

I'll also agree that yeah, Balsa should have told Chagum what was up - before she ran to check the hut. I was hoping she'd respond to what Chagum said (something like "what could be more important than my brother's death?") by asking him in turn "What about your own death?!" -- Yeah, I'd say that's more important. People who are dead are gone, but people who are alive and have their deaths foretold are still alive and can still change things.

Touya was amazing, though I did worry that he'd get trapped in there somehow. Glad he got out relatively unscathed, although I'm sure he's a bit traumatised. Wow though... He's got guts. And I love his loyalty. Very respectable.

Shuga... -_- Disappointed in him a bit... Did Balsa really hit him THAT hard? It looked like she just jabbed him to knock the wind out of him, not to seriously injure him, but he's walking around as if he's been stabbed in some crucial organ or something... Guess sitting around, being scholarly, and studying astronomy didn't do much for Shuga's muscles, eh?
Sep 2, 2010 11:05 PM

May 2010
Touya just burn the map...

Yes Balsa needed to inflict an injury great enough so he couldn't run after them. The end of that staff is really hard.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 3, 2010 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
Oh Balsa... Well I understand her now, that I've grown taking care of my little brother (he's around Chagum's age by now.) When bad things happened, I used to hate the way my mother shoo me off if I tried to question them something I consider of extreme importance. They were too preoccupied by their own minds, but how I've done the same things a lot of times to my brother. It made me realize that Balsa's a plain woman, just like my mother. And me. Lol, we didn't do everything right, though we thought we did.

Nevertheless seeing Chagum sitting down with that frowned face sure brings back a lot of memories. :)
Gin-iro said:
Cihan said:

Yes. It is nice to know that there are still some anime gems out there. :)

Yes again. I feel the need to fully quote this.

Oh, one more thing: I love the way they put a looong pause after Chagum and Shuga met.
fianeNov 5, 2010 4:43 AM
Jan 5, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2009
DAYUM!
Another wondrous episode!
Oh man...i loved that Mill :(

Beatnik said it all :)

Love this anime!
Feb 10, 2011 11:14 AM

Feb 2010
Screw this anime. It has some of the most amazing soundtracks I heard. Starting the fire was simple yet ingenious because it's an option that usually overlooked. I'm glad the story didn't upset me with some obscurely weak solutions. Full marks for that courageous, selfless act. The last 5 minutes was one of the few moment that left a deep impression in me.
Jan 17, 2012 9:03 AM

Aug 2008
Chagum, you better be a good kid as always and not escape!
Mar 7, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
Beatnik said:

This.

One of the best scenes I've seen.
Aug 17, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2011
Homolust said:
Beatnik said:

This.

One of the best scenes I've seen.

And I'll gladly say it's because of the director! Love the dude.

LOVED this episode.

Edit: Watching this in 2016 and I'm still quoting your post!!

Ironically, this whole episode did not exist in the novel. Touya and Saya are anime original characters too. Thank you Kamiyama Kenji <3
MirorinJan 23, 2016 4:55 PM
Jan 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Jul 2011
More than any mythology and magic, what makes this show a fantasy is that the government special forces not only didn't kill Tohya, but left him along! You know that in our world he'd be detained indefinitely.
Dammit, now I have a sympathy for those hunters! I don't know whom am I supposed to root against anymore :)
OrangeHollow.png
Jun 27, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
From the first scene of this episode, I nearly cried again because of Sagum's death. And then the ending came... that was a very great move Tohya! And that "Chief" .. I think he cares for him :)
Jun 29, 2013 11:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Touya is such a great kid. Seriously, risking his life like to warn Balsa, I would've never thought of burning the mill if I were in that situation. I'm glad he was kept alive. Good thing too that the neighbors came by to see what happened, great way to force the hunters to leave.

I agree that Balsa should've told Chagum what was going on, but at the same time, I think she just doesn't want him to worry about the possibility of him dying. But I think since he's a smart kid, he will eventually come to the conclusion that Balsa doesn't do anything unnecessary, meaning that if the trip is urgent, it must be important.
Feb 15, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2009
Really thought that someone was going to die this episode . . . Was pleasantly surprised that Tooya is still alive. Anyways, still too early I suppose given that if that one "Jin" dude catches up he might just kill Tanda and take the prince back, although honestly at this point in time it would probably be wise to tell the prince what is up. (Although if she had just told the star reader they could have just checked the epitaphs instead of running to a village that may or may not have retained the legends.
Aug 17, 2014 1:14 AM

Sep 2012
why do i feel like Chagum will run away Balsa to Shuga, just look at hes face, if she dose not tell him soon he will run...
Jan 15, 2015 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, everything played out interestingly. Very tense.
Feb 15, 2015 12:24 AM
Aug 2014
I thought it showed how much Chagum trusts Balsa that he went with her without her telling him why
Feb 17, 2015 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Glad Touya didn't get killed by those assassins, or worse get burned alive in the mill. Every time he's claimed to be the best errand runner or said "who do you think you're talking to?", he has always messed up one way or another. It's almost like a running gag.
Feb 19, 2015 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
ashura said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.----------------------------------------
nice epi! what a twist :S arg
i think they shud tell Chagum whats going on else he might try to escape.
cant wait for next epi, the preview looks ueber interesting >.<
The word 'escape' makes it sound like he's a prisoner lol but anyways I agree.He does seem too be a bit troubled by meeting Shuga and learning of his brother's death and how he's no longer a danger.It would make total sense that Chagum would want to go back with this new development and why didnt Balsa allow it? I mean he would no longer be her problem.Don't get me wrong.I love how seeing her caring for him like her own, observing the developing bond between the two of them and how his character might struggle and grow from experiencing life he's not used to but seeing as how the entire reason as to why Balsa was guarding Chagum is now gone shouldn't it be okay for him to go back? That's of course, is if Chagum wants to go home.
Incr3dibl3Feb 19, 2015 7:17 AM
Mar 8, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2013
Shuga is 100% pussy lol.
Mar 17, 2015 9:54 PM

Nov 2013
Shit's getting intense!

That soundtrack that played during the fire gave me goosebumps...

Props to Toya for warning Balsa not to wander right into the enemies though I don't think it would have mattered because she was right under the hunters' noses anyways.

At least Toya burned the map so now they don't know where Balsa and Chagum are going.

Get rekt Shuga. Seeing Balsa nail Shuga with the butt of her spear was satisfying.

Have they mentioned why they are going to Tomi village or did it just go over my head?

Awesome episode. I hope we get more intense episodes like this.

9/10 Now that Jin's after Tanda and Chagum, shit's gonna get really interesting.

May 10, 2015 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't mind the slowish episodes (far from it), but I'm glad something more intense was happening this episode. The ending of this episode really left me breathless. The storytelling is just so well done (not just this episode), you're on the edge of your seat before you know it. Also really appreciate its little things: The silence when Chagum and Shuga meet. Chagum stepping backwards when Shuga wants to touch him. Chagum following Balsa without much objection (though I'm sure he is going to be pretty grumpy next ep, can't blame him really). Jin immediately jumping up when the creepy photographic memory dude says they found the place Balsa and Chagum are staying. Balsa getting ready to jump into a fight she couldn't win. The hunter lying. The breakdown and Balsa's vow. Good stuff.
Jul 2, 2015 3:31 AM
Aug 2012
First episode I kind of disliked Balsa. How is she right?

From what we've seen the emperor wasn't happy he had to kill his son, he thought it would save lives of his people. So now that the truth is out nobody wants to kill the only prince they have left. They just want him back ffs!

I understand that Balsa doesn't trust the court, but things can change and the least she could do is investigate whether what Shuga told her is true. Instead she gives the "I wouldn't even give the boy back if his mother herself asked because of reasons that I won't tell", making her sound like a kidnapper, knocks him out and runs. Now here's what I don't get.

WHAT reasons?
That she doesn't trust them? Not good enough for denying Chagum a chance to go back to his family!
It's implied that the main reason is because of an Egg Eater threat. But it doesn't make sense to me. If she just told Shuga about it, then both sides would know and I'm sure the court would be able to protect Chagum better than Balsa with constant running away lifestyle. Besides, Shuga has access to the secret tome, and there could be something about the threat there.
So Balsa just came off as unreasonable and selfish (she doesn't care that there is a pretty good chance he Chagum could go back home, and she doesn't even explain her "reasons" to him just dragging the boy away from Shuga who I'm pretty sure Chagum trusts).

If anyone can explain why everyone and their dog thinks Balsa did the right thing WITHOUT taking future episodes into consideration (don't know, maybe Chagum's father really wants to kill him/whatever else might happen to justify her), it would be great because tbh this really pissed me off.
Sep 26, 2015 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
Poor Tohya, it's not your fault bro :(

Ralonzo said:
Shuga: She hit you like *6 hours* ago in the stomach and you're still stumbling around. You need to order a 30 Minute Abs DVD or something. Yeesh!

xD
Dec 20, 2015 5:00 AM

Jun 2011
Touya was awesome in this episode. I already liked him, but I like him a lot more since this episode.

And I know that the court people have their own circumstances, but I still can't help but find them hypocrite and ungrateful for talking about Balsa like she's the evil one.
Apr 19, 2017 11:53 PM

Apr 2015
So much respect for Toya. Couldn't imagine how nervous he was in that situation. Unlike Balsa and these assassins, he's a no combatant; so he's not used to have his life on the line. That was an incredibly brave and self-less feat.
May 8, 2017 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
This is why Court people are no good
They could done that without conflicts and force, instead they always deal things like that with those two
Let Balsa do what she want, she's his savior..That's a fact
Unlike a certain people that want to kill him based on "tradition"
(ꐦ°᷄д°᷅)

They just really like to make it hard for everyone eh
I hope Chagum won't die because of those ignorants
"Signature removed"
Aug 19, 2017 1:07 PM
Nov 2010
It's a bit weird how at one point, they just stopped observing Tohya, giving him an opportunity to sneak in. One of them should've asked around and the other should've kept watch.

The "I'll tell you later because it'd be a shame if I explained things to you now" is introduced between Balsa and Chagum and I'm worried it'll keep going.

Tohya just being let go with that "convincing" argument wasn't quite enough for me. He saw them, he participated in trouble against them and he has proven to be willing and capable of going against them. The situation's still ongoing, too, and Balsa who knows him is a key player.
Tomislavr7Aug 19, 2017 1:36 PM
Sep 26, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
This was so good, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Balsa was right, Shuga was being too arbitrary, wanting to take Chagum back like that, and giving him the news about his brother's passing like that, just to try and take him back, it was really low. I know he wants the best for Chagum, but he didn't seem to care when he heard the hunters saying that they would kill Balsa. And well, I'm glad she just didn't give Chagum up, even though it was someone he knew, she couldn't be sure if he was going to be truly safe, and there's also the circumstances with the egg, which made she look heartless to Chagum, that doesn't know anything yet, but well.

Now to the highlight of the episode: Touya! He was so brave, I can't imagine the psychological pressure he was under. He knew that Balsa was going to be ambushed, and killed if he didn't do anything, so even though he knew he was surrounded, and that he had to choose between dying in the fire or dying by the sword of the hunters, he still set fire to the mill, in order to warn Balsa, and he was saved because the fire was big enough to attract the people, but this was really intense! His tears out of frustration, and Balsa's gratitude really got to me too, I can't wait to get to know the ancient village now.
Sep 12, 2019 8:39 AM

May 2015
Shugs - endurance 0/100.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 1, 2020 4:43 PM
Sep 2017
Ahh. I actually feel really conflicted about Balsa's desicion to not tell Shuga anything about what she was up to! At least she could have said something like " well I need to save the country" or something.. because the egg needs to hatch in that certain place right? And they need to find the place. Did I understand all that correctly? I mean I also understand she didn't want to (or couldn't bring herself to) say in front of Chagum at this point that his destiny is probably death and that they need to figure it out..

I mean, Shuga's goal is to help the country, and the prince. And Balsa's goal is also to save the country and the prince. Everyone wants to prevent the great draught. They should have shared information. Is what I thought. Am I wrong, maybe I don't understand everyone's motivations? I felt very frustrated of Balsa's conversation with Shuga, Shuga was being very diplomatic and ASKED Balsa to explain herself. He put all the cards on the table and explained that the older brother prince is dead and that's why he needs Chagum back in the palace... but Balsa was really offensive and didn't explain herself, or only extremely vaguely.

I feel frustrated because Shuga and the hunters aren't really villains, they just want to do what's right.. it's just that they're ignorant of some details about the egg. So if they worked together or something >< Because Shuga has access to the epitahs too.. Does anyone feel this way about Balsa's response to Shuga?

But yes otherwise, again, what a great episode. Everyone's already mentioned Toya's heroism and his emotional moment of regret for letting the hunters after Balsa :( feel sorry for him byt he did great! And poor Chagum :( If I was him I'd feel super conflicted now. But he seems to trust Balsa still.

Also the animation in this series is great. I mean animation as in the actual animated movement of the charas. For a tv-series it's really great and there's just a lot of subtle and naturalistic movement! I thought especially in this and the last episode. Really appreaciate it!
Apr 1, 2020 4:49 PM
Sep 2017
bubbla said:
First episode I kind of disliked Balsa. How is she right?

From what we've seen the emperor wasn't happy he had to kill his son, he thought it would save lives of his people. So now that the truth is out nobody wants to kill the only prince they have left. They just want him back ffs!

I understand that Balsa doesn't trust the court, but things can change and the least she could do is investigate whether what Shuga told her is true. Instead she gives the "I wouldn't even give the boy back if his mother herself asked because of reasons that I won't tell", making her sound like a kidnapper, knocks him out and runs. Now here's what I don't get.

WHAT reasons?
That she doesn't trust them? Not good enough for denying Chagum a chance to go back to his family!
It's implied that the main reason is because of an Egg Eater threat. But it doesn't make sense to me. If she just told Shuga about it, then both sides would know and I'm sure the court would be able to protect Chagum better than Balsa with constant running away lifestyle. Besides, Shuga has access to the secret tome, and there could be something about the threat there.
So Balsa just came off as unreasonable and selfish (she doesn't care that there is a pretty good chance he Chagum could go back home, and she doesn't even explain her "reasons" to him just dragging the boy away from Shuga who I'm pretty sure Chagum trusts).

If anyone can explain why everyone and their dog thinks Balsa did the right thing WITHOUT taking future episodes into consideration (don't know, maybe Chagum's father really wants to kill him/whatever else might happen to justify her), it would be great because tbh this really pissed me off.

Ahh, yes THIS! I had the exact same sentiment! I've liked Balsa so far but this episode I thought she didn't make the right call! Her and Shuga's motivations are the same, they should have shared information and then joined forces, their goals are exactly the same: save the country and save the prince.

For me too the only reason I could mayyybe somehow understand her is because of her distrust to the court or her dubious peronsality or something, but she seemed to have been a very wise character so far >< I felt quite frustrated with Balsa in this episode. Shuga's not a villain and she didn't see it, even when Chagum tried to defent Shuga.
Jan 21, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2017
Such a fucking tense and nail-biting episode this was, especially at the end.

This episode felt like a glorified cat and mouse game between Balsa and Chagum, and the people from the palace looking to get Chagum back and have Balsa's head, as the guards stalk the house that Balsa and Chagum have lived in for a long time, trying to sniff Balsa and Chagum out presuming they would come home, to go in for the kill and bring Chagum back to the kingdom which could potentially be in chaos given the death of Sagum and the lack of an heir after the Emperor other than Chagum.

As the guards were stalking the house while Toya was secretly trapped inside, not knowing what to do to escape, and how to inform Balsa regarding staying away from the place for her safety. He does value Balsa's life over his own, and would do anything to help her after she helped give him a present and future of sorts.

Balsa and Chagum while in public, happened to meet Shuga by pure coincidence, where Chagum is stunned by not only the fact that he encountered Shuga again after so long, but also because he learned about his brother's death a few days prior, and how Shuga and the rest of the palace were desperate to bring him back, especially after knowing how the egg won't cause harm and destruction to the kingdom and only meant to cause a ton of rain to nourish the environment. Even though those same guards, were easily prepared to kill him out of orders from the Emperor due to the potential danger he could cause, that led Chagum's mother to personally request Balsa to protect him for the rest of her life no matter what. Quite the contradictory nature right there, and Balsa was quick to point out his bullshit as self-serving, with no real regard for Chagum's life.

On paper, Balsa's bodyguard job should be done since she managed to protect the prince for a long time and Shuga is even grateful for that fact. She should be able to let go and have her job be finished and have her move on with her life, and him move back to the palace to be with his parents and take the crown prince spot again. But instead, she stood up for him and was stubborn to go with him and not let Chagum go easily to Shuga and the palace like that. Chagum's mom trusted her, and given the bond that Chagum and her deepened over time, those feelings clouded her emotional judgement as she wants to stick by him and help him become normal again no matter what, out of love for someone she views as her kid in a sense. She doesn't kill Shuga, but just knocks him out and has enough time to send Chagum with Tanda to head for Toumi Village whereas she goes back to their now 'former' home, to collect the goods and make sure that she can get the map to Toumi Village - especially since people could find that map and use it to locate Chagum again.

Toya's loyalty really shined in this episode, as he burned down the house with the map flamed out too, to protect Balsa and send her a warning signal of sorts to escape while she can and not go there since it reeks of enemies stalking her down to take her down. He risked his own life, to save her from potential danger so I absolutely rate that move from him. Good thing he burned the map too, so that no real clues were left for where they would escape towards from this place. It's his fault that this danger was happening in the first place by being suckered in by the 'Chief', even if he wasn't aware whatsoever, but boy did he make up for it with the clutch play from deep.

The directing and pacing for the entire episode felt brilliant as with each and every passing minute, the show leaves me at the edge of my seat as I try to figure out what's going to happen and if Chagum was going to be captured in this episode, and how Balsa would react to the whole ordeal and if combat was going to breakout this episode. But it played out pretty differently from what I expected, going for a bit more of an elegant route with the whole predicament. Chagum's got quite a lot to deal with emotionally as he has to now deal with the loss of his brother, and learn soon about the truth of the longevity of his lifespan and what's happening with him in general. He's trusted Balsa a ton with so much confidence since he fled the palace but with the events happening now, it could be shaken a bit, which makes me curious about what the future really has in store for the two of them and the show's direction in particular.
May 2, 2021 3:48 PM
Jan 2020
Touya looks cute when he was cryin. I'm not gay btw
Sep 7, 2023 2:27 PM
Oct 2021
My boy Touya is 🔛🔝
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Oct 17, 2007

217 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Aug 23, 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.