Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2010 7:45 AM
Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Plot twist, the guy actually wasn't Toki.
Mar 8, 2011 7:22 AM

Jan 2009
So I wonder how in the hell did he know all these facts about Toki, like how he got his scar, to be able to impersonate him.
Mar 12, 2011 2:36 PM
Nov 2010
Zewerr said:
So I wonder how in the hell did he know all these facts about Toki, like how he got his scar, to be able to impersonate him.

oh yeah that detail was never explained, oh well.
Apr 1, 2012 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Bart was the best part of this episode. I think the catch phrases have to be my favourite thing about this series.

I figured that in the time Toki was in the village, he probably told people stories about his training or something. That was how he learned.
Oct 19, 2012 10:12 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, what a cop-out. Ken having to fight his goodhearted friend who had gone insane from the horrors of the post-apocalypse was a pretty good conflict...but not if Ken just decides to kill him so easily so I guess we weren't missing anything. Maybe the real deal will be better.

But if Hokuto Shin Ken is such a secretive martial art, how did Amiba know anything about it, let alone enough that Ken couldn't tell he was a phony until he was told? Maybe we'll find out later, but shouldn't this be a mystery that hangs over the events here?

I had to laugh when Amiba said that only violence can change the world because that's actually exactly how Ken's been getting things done the entire series. Exploding bodies is his one trick. This is why I was looking forward to him facing someone he didn't want to kill.
Jan 10, 2013 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
So did that guy blew his own hands? It seemed like that to me. It seems he was constantly making mistakes in trying to master the pressure points. I think he failed with the kid too and didn't actually deliberately pressed point that would kill it.

So we have a new big bad boss with this Ke-on guy?

Fronzel said:

But if Hokuto Shin Ken is such a secretive martial art, how did Amiba know anything about it, let alone enough that Ken couldn't tell he was a phony until he was told? Maybe we'll find out later, but shouldn't this be a mystery that hangs over the events here?

Is not as secretive as to knowledgeable people not know it's existence, it's just that is secretive to learn. Amiba probably learn some basic information like the fact that it uses pressure points and he tried to master it by experimentation. He was quite a genius because he learned so much of something no one taught him but Hokuto Shin Ken is such a detailed martial art that figuring everything out and training your body to it's usage is too hard without a proper master and guidelines.

I think Ken was convinced it wasn't him but got a little confused by the existence of the scar etc. Is like someone you know that seems that to not be himself at all in aspects and makes you almost sure that it's not really him but suddenly you see some mark on his body you knew and you just get confused and can't comprehend because you were certain it wasn't really him but all visual evidence say otherwise.
MonadJan 10, 2013 7:52 AM
Aug 1, 2013 8:43 PM
Apr 2008
Holy hell am I disappointed in this turn of events. I thought the whole "break the good guy" idea was incredible, along with the mentally-anguishing conflict that Kenshiro had to fight against the person he loves and owes his life to. There was so much tension in this story, and this reveal cheapened and ruined everything.

This reveal wasn't even well-executed, and the author tried to justify (cover) its flaws by repeatedly hammering us with the fact that Amiba is a genius; what terrible writing. It is too much of a stretch to believe that Amiba could react to Kenshiro's fists in the prior episode, and that he predicted Kenshiro's movements as if he really trained Kenshiro: how the hell did he even know his backstory? And many other plot holes wishing to be conveniently covered with the fact that he's a genius.

Man, I'm extremely disappointed in the writing.

(But it wasn't a bad episode for what it was)
Jul 17, 2014 10:24 PM

Mar 2012
Glad it was actually an impostor, makes more sense that way.
Nov 19, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2012
lol Bart / Bat was funny
Mar 23, 2016 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
Bat had a shining moment there, if Ken saw it i think he'd actually laugh.

A fake Toki....yeah he's already dead for that.
Jul 25, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2016
omg Bart!! LMAO!!! xD
Nov 15, 2017 2:10 AM

Mar 2010
Toki actually isn't Toki but Amiba, that came surprisingly but somehow I guessed something close to it. My first idea was that the other 4th brother was behind all of it, see few episodes back. A genuine helping guy like Toki to change that drastically into that monster had a lot of potential but at the same time to me it was simply implausible and too much, so the reveal is absolutely ok and makes sense, don't think it was disappointing at all.

The Bart scene was his best scene so far, and I liked how that henchmen and Amiba recognized Rei, who didn't even need to help that much. And again we learn about a new possible main villain (Ken Oh) while the current one dies. Who is Ken Oh and where is the real Toki?
Feb 14, 2018 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
"Omae wa mou shindeiru"
Oh Bat, what we're going to do without you? xD

Ken Oh.. Hmm I wonder who is he
It's probably not someone with something -Oh as his name :P

Oh it's not Toki, I'm more curious with how did people trust that face is Toki
Also how did he color his hair white.. in apocalypse age?
Rayl1ghtFeb 14, 2018 8:03 PM
"Signature removed"
Sep 24, 2019 10:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So this guy wasn't Toki but Amiba, anyways he's dead now.
Dec 24, 2019 1:47 AM

Jul 2015
Damn so this guy was just an imposter, hopefully the real Toki is still good

Mar 22, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2017
To me it made more sense that it was not the real Toki. I found it hard to believe someone that kind could turn that evil over those events. Especially with the fact that Ken refused to believe it too.

The real highlight of the episode had to be Batto though xD
Apr 2, 2020 12:49 PM
May 2018
bingamu85 said:
To me it made more sense that it was not the real Toki. I found it hard to believe someone that kind could turn that evil over those events. Especially with the fact that Ken refused to believe it too.

The real highlight of the episode had to be Batto though xD

Agreed on both. From the start something felt off about that whole Toki story and yea, Bat is hilarious haha. Love him.
Sep 9, 2020 11:49 PM
Jul 2020
Love seeing Team Kenshiro has fully reunited, definitely cool to see Rei's laser moves, Mammies' yo-yo shots and Bat's incredible acting ;-) greatest moment for Ken's official chauiffer/agent so far...

Also, I'm glad to know that Ken's pacifist brother didn't turn bad simply we all need to believe there are still dome decent moral people left in this abysimal future, besides Ken of course. And I am willing to bet Lord Keno is Ken's oldest brother because its the simplest conclusion but this series has surprised me before with Yuria's death, Rei becoming an ally and now the phony Toki so I'll keep open mind to the true identity of this new antagonist.
Jan 18, 2022 3:11 PM

Apr 2020
Man, what a twist. Toki not being the real Toki. I’m glad because that settles the way I felt about Toki’s backstory not being very satisfying. It does raise some questions though. For starters, where did Amiba learn Hokuto Shinken? Did he just read a book about it? I thought Hokuto Shinken is only known by a select group of people, with all the secret techniques and memory-erasing that’s going on.

At first, I thought he learned it from Toki, but seems like he was pressing power points before he even met him. Or did he just try it out after seeing him do it once or twice? If so, that doesn’t explain how he learned the lethal side of it as well. If he’s self-taught, then how did he become skilled enough to last against Ken? And how did he know Toki saved Ken’s life and that he has a scar on his back?

Lots of questions, but loved the episode and the plot-twist. All I can say is Amiba must’ve really been a genius if he found all of that out and did all that training by himself, in such a short amount of time.

Edit: Oh and I just remembered: he SENSED Ken behind the painting.

Jun 15, 8:18 AM

Jan 2018
Tbh I like Kenshiro. He is kind-hearted for sure but he's not the type who'd forgive evildoers. Some of them don't deserve it. Even though it sometimes feels like he's way too violent and kills some people who don't need such punishment. But in this post-apocalyptic world with no justice system, it's preferrable compared to the alternative of just letting them live.

Lmfao. It seems Bat mastered "Omae wa mou shindeiru" too. That was hilarious. Come to think of it, Ken didn't use that phrase in a while.

Wait, so that Toki wasn't real after all?! What a twist. I really believe that he was Toki just like Kenshiro. But I'm glad he isn't. It makes more sense that Toki didn't just turn evil over such a reason like that. A true Hokuto Shinken follower should be much stronger than that.

Cassandra? Ken-Oh? I think I remember these names from Lost Paradise. Can't wait!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.