Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2022 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
No new inserts song this week. LMAO....

It's QU4RTZ!!!! It's QU4RTZ!!!! It's QU4RTZ!!!! It's QU4RTZ!!!! And they were sitting on the swings. Where is that song??!! Where is that song??!! Come on....
It was good to see more N girls in this episode. As usual, we also got sunglasses stalking from the girls. LOL..... It is one of Love Live's signatures already.

The Gamers shop where Lanzhu, Kanata, Rina, Emma, and Kasumin visited is the Odaiba Gamers which has Setsuna as its 'poster girl'

PS. Kanata teru teru bozu was very cute. Where can I buy it?
AkeZZZApr 9, 2022 6:33 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 9, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2018
School Idol Festival
Somehow the performance of the Chinese girl in yesterday's episode was really good. Hope that she joins the club but what can be done if their goals are different. But idk why she's know Ayumu, did she know Ayumu? Idk. It's an opening theme full of character, not bad either, I like that. YG International School. It's a gulp-worthy name. If you don't get involved until the School Idol Festival, your chances of appearing will decrease... are you okay with that, Chinese girl? They are still doing the exercises, I hope this is of some use.

Special Live Event, Somehow the poster design looks like it was edited by a pro. Somehow I feel that cute girl has always liked cats, and I like this new character That character development quite caught my attention, especially that pink haired girl... Lanzhu already has a website for fans, sssuga ojou-sama.

Lanzhu really wanted to be a solo idol, despite being persuaded but yeah, their determination was different from an idol viewpoint. Lanzhu costume is really like a real chinese girl, I like the design of the costume.

I don't understand why you say you want to be a soloist when you are a Nijigasaki fan. Lanzhuuuuuu....

There is a message on the mini poster, Lanzhu-chan is encouraged to come watch, hopefully Lanzhu can join the idol club.
Apr 9, 2022 6:32 AM

Feb 2020
QU4RTZ hype!

Another really good episode. This is such a great season. I love the OP! <3

Aww, that teru teru bozu was so adorable.

Nya. Cute kitty. =^_^=

The obligatory Love Live stalking, lol.

Wow. That house is amazing.

SerafosDec 27, 2023 4:00 AM
Apr 9, 2022 6:51 AM

Jan 2019
gaddayum the OP is good! beautifully animated and the song is a real banger!

we got the girls forming alliances about to go against the final boss in the form of subunits. we finally get to see subunits in anime! really looking forward to QU4RTZ, Azuna, Diver Diva and R3birth!

also no insert song for this ep. looks like we wont be getting a new song every episode like s1 did. thus influencing the pacing
Apr 9, 2022 7:07 AM
Jul 2019
amazing OP

also, Niji anime does feel more like a celebration of the franchise rather than just telling another Love Live! story

screw people overthinking the plot when these characters are already beloved and has plenty of side content with no plans to get an anime during their inception

they put a lot of references in everything, it's Love Live!'s love letter to fans
nevergainApr 9, 2022 7:20 AM
Apr 9, 2022 7:21 AM

Feb 2020
New op is 10/10, great episode again, can't wait for the performance next week!!
Apr 9, 2022 8:09 AM

Jun 2021
And so QU4RTZ is born!

All through Season 1 when they brought in some of the N girls I kept thinking to myself "when they gonna animate my girl Jennifer?" Lo and behold, my prayers have been answered. And she lookin' good.

I assumed last week that the new girls were going to be portrayed a bit differently than in All Stars, and I'm right for the most part (I think?).

Mia's not that different. Although she hasn't started calling Yu "Little Baby" yet so I don't know. Yu's gotta lift in music class tho, Mia is the enigma we all know her for.

Shioriko? We still don't know much about her, but it doesn't look like she's on the Student Council at all, I'm not sure. I think we're going to get more of a support role from her, she may be easier to convince to join the Idol Club than I first thought.

Lanzhu is clearly the focal point of the season. She may not be a direct antagonist but there's something about her. She clearly loves the Idol Club, but she feels she has to prove herself by opposing them? There may be something in her personal history, but I don't think All Stars is going to provide THAT much help in putting it together. She says idols and fans can't be equals? Are you saying that fans are below you, Lanzhu? That's not the right attitude at all! We say everyone can be idols because we can all find inspiration in anything, and we can become that inspiration to others. That's what being an idol is all about!

(Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but as long as she doesn't drive the Idol Club apart I'll do anything to find out how Lanzhu ticks)

Can't wait for this joint concert betwwen Niji and YG. Also, we'll get to hear QU4RTZ perform for the first time (don't get too jealous, Karin!)

P.S. is the Kanata teru teru the new Kasumin Box-esque mascot character? If so, I'll take ten!
Apr 9, 2022 8:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol at them with the glasses and mask following Lanzhu xD
Apr 9, 2022 8:31 AM

Apr 2021
And viola! We get to see how QU4RTZ started! Them following Lanzhu like a paparazzi was quite hilarious lmao. Can't wait to see their performance. Same goes with A ZU NA, DiverDiva and R3BIRTH.

Apr 9, 2022 8:41 AM
Mar 2018
New OP is super great, song and animation. I liked the first season and was really excited for this season but these first two episodes so far have definitely exceeded what I was expecting. It's such a great time. Characters seem to be getting some good progression, as soon as they said they should perform together I was like, oh here's QU4RTZ! I like all the characters but Kasumin is such a joy.
Apr 9, 2022 9:11 AM

Apr 2020
Really loved the OP and next eps we get to see QU4RTZ first debut song in anime. I hope they will bring a brand new song.
Apr 9, 2022 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
nevergain said:

they put a lot of references in everything, it's Love Live!'s love letter to fans

Yeah! There were a lot of references in this episode, especially in the Gamers, as well as, those N girls.

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 9, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2020
Qu4rtz was finally born, also ig no song this episode?
Apr 9, 2022 9:38 AM

Nov 2016
The opening is pretty great again and nice episode as usual. The Love Live cast is an amusing bunch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2022 10:05 AM

Sep 2021
So Lanzhu is alone after all. She's a transfer and it makes sense her mum isn't the principal.
Apr 9, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
I find it deeply ironic that Emma tells Lanzhu "...you should be able to be however you want to be." while trying to convince her to join the club, something that Lanzhu has made abundantly clear she has no interest in doing. Not quite living up to your own words, are you Emma?

Besides that, I continue to be worried about what they're gonna do with Shioriko's characterisation as she seems to already be very eager to help the club out and in fact seems to have no problems with them at all. I hope they do something with that soon, because her arc in SIFAS was really well done and I don't want to see them butcher it and by extension the character here.

Also, interesting to see the formation of the sub-unit and that they've done so to try and send Lanzhu a message as idols.
AtavisticApr 9, 2022 11:24 AM
Apr 9, 2022 11:25 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a good one, first off the OP is great, it’s definitely catchy and I can see myself humming this one soon lol, and the winter themed visuals were great as well. And after Kasumi, Rina, Emma and Kanata spy on Lanzhu all day to catch her performance (which we sadly didn’t get to see) they were invited to her fancy apartment with a very nice view, and we learned more about Lanzhu’s situation with performing solo.

After that the girls decide to perform together on the swing-set for the upcoming joint concert, that’s definitely an interesting combo and I’m excited to see that! Also the scenery at the playground was so nice.

We also learned more about Mia, being from a well known family for their music, I’m also liking her character so far, definitely interesting in seeing her perform or how she ends up in the club.
Apr 9, 2022 11:30 AM

Oct 2018
Yuu is already struggling with her tests, she should stop staying up late listening to Idol music...
Apr 9, 2022 11:34 AM

Jun 2021
I love all my Niji girls <3 QU4RTZ!! is coming!!

I'm so hyped for A-ZU-NA too hahaha
Apr 9, 2022 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Atavistic said:
I find it deeply ironic that Emma tells Lanzhu "...you should be able to be however you want to be." while trying to convince her to join the club, something that Lanzhu has made abundantly clear she has no interest in doing. Not quite living up to your own words, are you Emma?

I noticed this too! Was really awkward haha. They did try to "justify" it by having Emma explain that she thought Lanzhu was lying to them, but in the end it still doesn't make much sense.

But anyway, Rina sliding down that slide was hella cute xD
Apr 9, 2022 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
At first I was wondering why those four were getting a lot of screen time this episode, but then I realized, "Oh yeah! QU4RTZ! Duh!" lmao
Apr 9, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
AchromicBloom said:
Yuu is already struggling with her tests, she should stop staying up late listening to Idol music...

Yeah the irony that Lanzhu was right in saying Yuu should focus on her own dream, lol.
Apr 9, 2022 2:56 PM
Nov 2018
The formation of QU4RTZ was so cool. The four of them swinging at difference paces then eventually swinging together to declare that they were going to perform as a subunit. Nice symbolism there!
Apr 9, 2022 3:27 PM

Aug 2011
This is really great episode and even better than last season.
Apr 9, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
It took me too long to realize that they were together as QU4RTZ lol. Can't wait for their song next episode.
Apr 9, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
So-so episode overall. Lanzhu's reasoning still makes zero sense to me but the idea of Emma, Kanata, Kasumi and Rina forming a unit for the upcoming concert really caught my interest.
Apr 9, 2022 7:00 PM
Aug 2020
It makes me so happy that they are finally going to put the subunits in the anime, really excited for the concert in the next episode

Apr 9, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2018
So they're doing subunits. Seems like a good way of letting everyone shine this season instead of having only solo songs. Can't wait to see Qu4rtz performance next episode.
Apr 9, 2022 10:11 PM

Aug 2020
I need Kanata's teru teru bozu, because it is raining here XD.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 10, 2022 1:29 AM
Oct 2021
Lanzhu is carrying this show.
Apr 10, 2022 2:07 PM

Nov 2019
QU4RTZ's formation in the anime o~

I hope they can get their feelings through to Lanzhu, Emma really saw right through her

Kanata's teru teru bozu would be a great buy, its so cuteee
Apr 11, 2022 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kekw, giant Kanata teru teru bozu plushie. How can i not be surprised by that cutie?

So finally i got to hear more of that Mia chick background. Can't wait to see her to be more opened up to the gang, and not just being all that high attitude. But at the same time, there must be something more with her, and its possibly be related to Yuu effort on the musical course...

Aside of that, its good to know that Nijigasaki also need to form a sub-unit too after what really happened back at season one, and, here they come, a plot to get things clear through Lanzhu determination with her idealism. Quite a force will they might be doin. But at the end, nothing can stop school idol to do what they wanna do.

Opening as always brings me a good mood, and the ending already grow great into my heart. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 2022 8:06 AM

Jun 2021
wouldn't have been surprised if second season managed to achieve the impossible and have a ending theme on par or even better than the first one, as it already happened with µ's . This time, at least for me, they didn't, but it's ok. Yume Ga Bokura No Taiyo sa is still extremely cute in both music and visuals, and Neo Sky Neo Map, well, it was ultra extremely hard to reach. The OP, instead, it's still soon to judge it.

Watched this with Emma, Kasumi and Rina pins on the side, bought at a anime con some months ago, and it was nice how they matched with the birth of Qu4rtz in the animated series. Plus, previous generations never had their sub-units portrayed on screen so this is an extra bonus on the unicity of Nijigaku. Just when i was thinking if there was still some minutes for a new song of them, time ran out. And it was odd to watch someone so pure as Emma and Rina to participate in the stalking.

Mia Taylor... what is she up to? And honestly, i didn't changed my mind after her SIFAS introduction, even by Love Live standards it seems a stretch too hard having her as a 3rd grade 14 years old and with all that music background, and i never actually disliked her unlike... her partner in business.

Kasumin still immensely funny. But still waiting for more screentime with Shioriko.
Apr 13, 2022 4:34 AM

Oct 2007
interesting, I wonder why Lanzhu does not want to join them right now?

I find Emma to be a more interesting character now than in season 1. She has more personality this time.

laughed a bit when Kanata brought out the huge teru teru bozu. lol

looking forward to the unit that Kanata, Rina, Emma, and Kasumi will form. ^^
Apr 14, 2022 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
What a shame, no new insert song this time.

Still, that was an enjoyable episode!
Apr 17, 2022 7:46 AM
Jul 2021
Episode 2 didn't really came up with any insert song, tho the episode was enjoyable.

When the OP first revealed, at first i don't particularly find it as upbeat as Nijiiro Passions, but i grew to love the new OP.

Also Kasumi trying to lift is just cute.
Apr 20, 2022 1:57 AM

Jun 2021
Woah, Nijigasaki don’t feel like Love Live at all. They’re clearly going to different directions and I am loving it so far.
May 12, 2022 9:46 PM

Oct 2017
Kanata teru teru bozu was cute.

Looking forward to their performance, hope it reaches Lanzhu.
Jun 26, 2022 2:36 PM

Dec 2018
Awwww it was so cute. My lesbian angel Karin got a bit jealous when her girlfriend Emma are going to play around with the other girls =P

Don't you worry honey she will still be your future lesbian bride,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Aug 21, 2022 7:38 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
FIRST FORMATION OF QUARTZ!!!
I'm so excited, can't wait to see!!
Lanzhu buying those acryl stands reminds me of myself, I do that too, but online instead.
Loads of love for the forgotten girls from the app too
Oct 17, 2022 1:19 AM

Apr 2016
Glad to see so much screentime of Jennifer, she was one of my favourites in the SIF.
Aug 22, 2023 8:46 AM

Dec 2012
Whether Kasumin is being obstinate or thoughtful, she always manages to win me over.

That was a neat little touch with the swings. It helps to emphasize how despite each of them going at their own pace, they find themselves reaching the same destination.
Jul 9, 6:01 AM
Jan 2019
SOLID Quartz episode.
Let me point out a few things:

First, the negative part:
Didn't really need the spying with them with sunglasses and masks. Could've worked without that too or just the sunglasses. (Yes, Japan's culture works like that. I'm aware)

Now the good stuff:

This is the 2nd episode and aside Quartz, everyone is seen more in their practice outfits than ANYTHING ELSE!!!
You need to know I have a weakness for girls in tracksuits and many Niji members wear one in winter.
It was a really surprising amount of scenes with them in their practice outfits.

Next good thing is of course:
-> RinaKasu <-
RinaKana
KasuKana
Emma played a good leading role in this episode, I was really surprised. Nice side of her, I hope you'll see more of.

And finally, just as Season 1, this episode is so oddly relaxing to watch it's a totally fresh but REALLY nice new touch in an LL anime.
I know Liella is going back to the heavy drama stuff, so I'm really enjoying my time with Niji.
Just shows how great Niji is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jun 25, 2022

51 by nthcolor »»
Jul 17, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2022

34 by nthcolor »»
Jul 15, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Apr 16, 2022

41 by Sommernacht »»
Jul 12, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 11, 2022

30 by Deazu »»
Jan 14, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 4, 2022

32 by Deazu »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.