Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2021 8:57 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time to stop the loose Miku, but she won't be an easy target to track down, given the meticulous plan of the semons' revival. Even more so for Rin's understanding that ties Dr. Obami as the sealed Idaten, putting 2 and 2 together.

The Idaten are slowly losing their grasp with Dr. Obami successfully infiltrating the command base using a human vessel, and the other brainwashed demons slowly fall back to their creed. It's a reverse karma with Ysley and Paula being examined by the demons.

Yet, there's Gilltina who's fighting for the co-existence of both humans and demons, while the Idaten Gill is pretty much useless though.

But still, this is an open ending that'll leave a lot to desire about.
Forget about going for the manga because the anime surpassed the translated material so far (unless you're keen to read the raws).
Sep 27, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2020
WHERE'S THE SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLIFFHANGER ENDING WITH NO MORE SOURCE MATERIAL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sep 27, 2021 9:11 PM
Feb 2021
Some of the demons got their memories back. Paula and Isly are being tortured.
That is indeed a huge cliffhanger.
Well the anime adapted pretty much the entire web manga(the one Amahara illustrated). It will took at least 2 years for more source material for S2. Cool-kyou Shinja haven’t catch up either. And with the workload MAPPA currently have, well this is going to be a long wait even if the Blu-ray/DVD sale is good and the anime boost the manga sale. Hopefully we will have the sales announcement soon.
Sep 27, 2021 9:31 PM

Feb 2021
Ahhhh what a finale, the demons finally turned things around, this anime is just truly insane I have never seen anything like it before.
The whole story, narrative, and dark elements are so well done and the characters are just really interesting, this anime truly surprised me this year.

Mappa did a really good job with this one, every episode looked to be just as good as the other ones. The production quality was really high and well-done.

I think this anime deserves to have a much higher score than this, and I also wish it was more popular.

Well overall I enjoyed this one a lot, I hope there is a season 2 because I really wanna know where the story goes next.
Sep 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Oct 2017
They left us on a huge cliffhanger lol, very nice. Need season 2 asap cause this seriously was a messed up way to end this season.
Sep 27, 2021 9:39 PM

Jun 2019
Man... One of my favorites shows this season and they left me with such a huge cliffhanger. I can't... I need a Season 2 ASAP. Loved everything about this show. From story to animation to characters to OSTs, everything. I wish it wasn't only 11 episodes. Some questionable and disturbing things were there. But, that didn't bother me at all.

Great job, MAPPA once again.
Pre_YumJan 20, 2023 9:07 PM
Sep 27, 2021 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
Incomplete non-ending, with no announcement of a season two. That dropped my score down from a 10 to an 8. You can't even call that a cliffhanger. It was just the end of an episode that's supposed to have another episode.
Sep 27, 2021 9:47 PM

Nov 2014
Unfortunate that it ended that way. I like that the demons essentially won, and it's a nice cliffhanger, but this really needs a season 2. Given the amount of content in the manga, I imagine it will be a few years unfortunately. I really did like the series, however. Fingers crossed for a season 2 announcement!
Sep 27, 2021 10:02 PM

Dec 2019
Great show. Miku really seemed to blindside them. I think it's a good ending, but it's going to need a season 2.
The part with Rin looking for Ysley and Paula really made me laugh.
Sep 27, 2021 10:31 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
God damn shit got so heavy and fucked for them so quick that episode. Most of the things in that show didn't bother me, but the torture was so gruesome that I'm pretty shook. Great show, hope for season 2, more so I need it.
Sep 27, 2021 10:35 PM

May 2021
i will miss this anime, i hope that it will continue, i want to see more miku doing weird shit

Sep 27, 2021 10:41 PM

Jul 2015
season 2 soon please
Sep 27, 2021 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
KatoWorks said:

Not surprised to see you here((:
Sep 27, 2021 11:10 PM

Jul 2017
SERIOUSLY Y'ALL, WHY HOPE FOR A SEASON 2 OF THIS where the original web manga is all but adapted to completion?
This just disgusts me to no end.

This is just blasphemy...or so if you can wait years before the manga had any development to see one years down the road.
Sep 27, 2021 11:12 PM

Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
SERIOUSLY Y'ALL, WHY HOPE FOR A SEASON 2 OF THIS where the original web manga is all but adapted to completion?

This is just blasphemy...

IM HIGH ON COPIUM LEAVE ME COPING FOR AN ORIGINAL SECOND SEASON
Sep 27, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2019
Cliffhanger ?... Ugh C'mon.
Sep 27, 2021 11:23 PM
Dec 2019
KANLen09 said:

This is just blasphemy...or so if you can wait years before the manga had any development to see one years down the road.

We are getting a 2nd season right after Panty and Stocking 2nd season. It's ranked 31st on the streaming sites in Japan. We are getting a 2nd of Moonlight Fantasy....
Sep 27, 2021 11:26 PM
Dec 2016
KatoWorks said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Sep 27, 2021 11:34 PM
Jun 2021
weird ending????
Sep 27, 2021 11:38 PM

Aug 2020
Good anime, I will watch the second season if it ever gets one

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Sep 27, 2021 11:43 PM
Apr 2013
A teensy bit too much crassness this episode.

I'm referring to Miku getting licked while on the phone to the demon lord.

Ending left me cold, not going to lie, but that's to be expected considering they ran out of source material a while back.

Still a strange way to end it.

Is it safe to say the demons have won considering they got the brains of the other side's operation? Probably not, since a lot of factors are currently outside of Miku's calculations (looking at you Cory and Piscalat). The Idaten also still have Prontea, I guess, and Rin is still a huge threat, who even Miku probably would have a hard time getting through to, now that Rin is over her shock and wants answers.

If a season two ever shows up, it seems a bunch of the characters will have crisis of conscience.

There's the nurse on the demon side who had a "look" in the last frame she was shown in.

Cory, who has probably developed feelings for Paula... where those came from, lord knows, but I guess they grew close off-screen.

Then there's Piscalat, who obviously would be furious having been brainwashed for what, nine years, but who was also developing feelings before the brainwashing was reversed.

Seems Dr Obami's skills aren't as good as Ysly's. Would be interesting to see how that pans out.

On the Idaten's side, we've probably got Ysly, who if he survives his ordeal (probably), he may give attaining strength a second look. Nah, maybe not.

Finally we have Gilltina (the human), who has come to realise that though the world isn't black and white, all that grey only confuses you on where you and others stand.

Is there a way for all three beings to peacefully coexist? They all have such...reaaally different ways of life.

I guess we'll never know.

Probably for the best, as I feel if this show drags on all the nihilism would begin to wear.

8/10

ollythirteenSep 27, 2021 11:48 PM

Sep 28, 2021 12:00 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty awesome high octane anime, the creativity is off the charts, Cool-Kyou Shinja definitely has own sort of originality and style. Not once was I bored, maybe the only mark I have against it was the massive amount of exposition in a short amount of time at the start of the series. A lot to take in. 9/10.
Sep 28, 2021 12:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the demons clutched back and took advantage, poor Ysley and Paula damn that cliffhanger ending is criminal I want to see what happens so much xD anyway this was sure a great anime overall, for both the hardcore and how it felt like a very hardcore version of what would be a normal shounen anime
Sep 28, 2021 12:20 AM
May 2016
Oooof the art really fell off a cliff there compared to earlier episodes, however that's my only complaint. Such a crazy show, just this episode we had a woman being eaten out by a young boy and an onscreen rectal exam (poor Paula, what was in her hand after?), talk about pushing the boundaries. Still I can't wait for more, the moral ambiguity was just great, quite an interesting take on the usual fighting show.
Sep 28, 2021 12:24 AM
Nov 2019
i hate that the anime is already caught up with the web manga ... hopefully we get another season in the future tho
Sep 28, 2021 12:32 AM

Jan 2008
Happy to see Rin snapped out of it finally. But poor Paula & Ysley. D:

KANLen09 said:

That's sad.
Sep 28, 2021 2:03 AM

Jun 2014
Nah you can't just end it like that bro. I NEED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I really hope we get another season someday when there's more source material because this was such a great anime. Even though it's pretty simple, the characters were fun (Miku please I need you πŸ₯΅) and I love how the show really just didn't give a single fuck when it came to pushing TV anime boundaries. The OP was a banger, and as usual MAPPA is always on point with the artstyle/animation. A very fun anime and easily my favorite show from summer season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 28, 2021 2:17 AM

Sep 2013
What the fuck was that ending
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 28, 2021 2:49 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Well, that was one way to end a season. Interesting change of dynamic. Seems like there most likely will be a 2nd season

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 28, 2021 3:06 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, what a cliffhanger. Really sad that Piscalat and Cory's back to normal, but I like that even if the brainwashing's gone Cory still cares for Paula, I really hope they all find a compromise, cause I like both sides. Gill is the light that we need in this world. Would be nice if Amahara just told MAPPA the plot and then they can handle the rest lmao. I really wanna know what happens next. Overall, it was a really good show and a good take on these battle heavy shows. 8.5/10
Sep 28, 2021 3:06 AM

Feb 2020
WTF is this ending, I can't believe it...
But this is still one of the best show in this season, 8/10.
Sep 28, 2021 3:36 AM

Apr 2016
hmmm, it def explained some of the odd stuff that happened last episode and is one of the few times the show tries to entertain the idea of tension with how everything goes tits up

The cliffhanger does burn tho, especially since this is reportedly how the original web manga left off with no signs of it continuing. That's kind of a shame since now things have gotten more interesting than ever since the demons are able to move the goalpost forward for the first time instead of hilariously moving it back. Also, interesting that only now do Ysley and Prontea entertain the coexistence idea thanks to both Gils, but even they can't think of any remote solution at the moment that doesn't fuck over one of the 3 species (human, demon, idaten). Surprised the finale aired like 8 hours ahead of when the past few episodes would air following the switch from Thursdays to Tuesdays (or technically, Fridays at midnight to Wednesdays at midnight in Japan).

7/10 show, a bit overly juvenile at points but a fairly entertaining cat and mouse farce threatening to break out of that forgone conclusion while maintaining the spectacular and vibrant visuals it always had.
CodeBlazeFateSep 28, 2021 4:08 AM
Sep 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Nov 2013
Hoh??? Didn't expect such development. So the Idaten got F'd in the end! Of all the Idaten, Paula doesn't deserve such fate the most.

All hope now rests on DEMON Cory, who's basically the second demon in the show we see showing compassion for non-demons. With Ysley taken out, the only way Idaten will find those two is if Rin blows up half of the planet or something...
Unless Miku "saw it coming" and prepares countermeasures, I think it's already obvious that Cory will betray demons and save Paula (and Ysley too maybe), maybe even at the cost of his own life. I think the show is heading this way - the way of demons and Idaten coexisting, eventually.

P.S what's with the corny and illogical suggestion from Prontea: "we're going to need 1000s of human babies to maintain demon population".
Can't demons have like 1 human/demon wife each? Like normal couples? Why should they be given 1000s of babies? Why is that even an option? Even if there are only 2-3 redeemable demons around, just give them freedom to exist like average humans - with equal rights (no polygamy). If they have at least 2 demon kids each, those kids will eventually make own families and so on. If they fail at this and die-out eventually, well that'll be sad, but it'll mean they failed as species.
What matters is that "good demons" should at least be given a chance at life. Don't force them into hiding by threatening them with extinction. I think this will be fair enough deal: "don't be assholes, and you'll be allowed to live in this world like normal humans do". This rule applies to humans after all. Break the rules and pay the price either through jail-time or death. Offering 1000s of babies to make sure they don't go extinct is ridiculous. I don't get it why Prontea thinks Humans and Idaten must make sure demons don't go extinct - they should simply try NOT TO BE the reason of their extinction. They don't owe demons anything so they don't have to sacrifice shit for their sake. Just give certain demons rights and freedom to exist - that's it!

Anyways, overall a disappointing show IMO, and with depleted source material and no promises of season 2 - it only gets worse!
Sigmar-UnberogenSep 28, 2021 4:03 AM
Sep 28, 2021 3:48 AM
Apr 2021
I was thinking as I was watching this
"lmao imagine if they ended it here"
and then I check MAL and realise there are no more episodes...
gotta say that ending was ballsy.

overall the show was a pretty big letdown. Great concept but the characters were flat (which isn't necessarily a bad thing for this kind of show) but most of all there just wasn't enough development on a conceptual and thematic level. The character dynamics barely changed throughout the show which made the entire series up till now feel kinda repetitive.
Sep 28, 2021 4:24 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Now that's one nasty cliffhanger! Round 2 of torture for Paula and Ysley, that seriously can't be the final animated content for the series because it's kind of hard to take in the sudden ascendance from the demons in the first place. Paula's plea of help sure stung though...

Got to give it to Miku for turning it around so decisively like this. She never really wore much cloth but this episode literally featured none aside from the backstory, I find that somewhat funny. Just how're the kids .. nevermind, xD.

Prontea and Ysley were so close, yet so far. It's a good thing Rin-san's back to normal but ended up going rogue in the end so I wonder how that'll change the stakes.

And this marks the end of the third Cool-kyou sensei's works (although he was part of just the art for the manga counterpart for this entry), which, by the way, is seriously crazy! I hope he/she's not overworked, and that goes to MAPPA as well. In any case, this was a really corny but entertaining series nonetheless. I've lost count of how many times I've heard both the Op & ED over the last 11 weeks lol but I doubt I'll be out of the phase for a bit at least.

Going to settle with a solid 7/10 for this.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2021 4:42 AM
Dec 2011
Damn, that ending. This is true torture.
Sep 28, 2021 4:54 AM
Dec 2015
I seriously don't know how to cope with this anime ending like this, with close to no prospect of any continuation. This show was the most fun I've had in a long while.
Sep 28, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2010
Hands down one of the best shows this season! Would've enjoyed it even more if they included more nudity like the COOL manga adaptation. It's a real shame there is no more material to adapt at this point.
Sep 28, 2021 5:14 AM

Jan 2011
Cory kun please save Paula chan!!
Though you are brainwashed to became allies, the time you spent with them aren't fake!
Sep 28, 2021 5:19 AM

Jul 2011
I'm pretty devastated with this cliffhanger, tbh. I have no love for the demons, even the brainwashed ones, so it's pretty disheartening to see them take the upper hand and torture Ysley and Paula. I personally feel they've somewhat dumbed-down Prontea's character a bit, like isn't he also supposed to be a genius like Ysley? Yet, within these last few episodes, he hasn't really made much of an impact and seems to be getting slipped on by the demons at every turn. Here's hoping Rin just straight up wipes them all out in one go.

It was an absolute pleasure watching this show weekly. I hope we get a second season because there's a lot of potential with the plot and character direction.
Sep 28, 2021 5:21 AM
Apr 2020
I feel attacked leaving that huge cliffhanger well waiting for years is the path to take then
Sep 28, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

P.S what's with the corny and illogical suggestion from Prontea: "we're going to need 1000s of human babies to maintain demon population".

Pretty sure that's cos they need to merge human babies with the demon babies so they're born intelligent and not as dumb monsters.
Sep 28, 2021 5:36 AM

Jan 2020
Phat-Hamburger said:
I'm pretty devastated with this cliffhanger, tbh. I have no love for the demons, even the brainwashed ones, so it's pretty disheartening to see them take the upper hand and torture Ysley and Paula. I personally feel they've somewhat dumbed-down Prontea's character a bit, like isn't he also supposed to be a genius like Ysley? Yet, within these last few episodes, he hasn't really made much of an impact and seems to be getting slipped on by the demons at every turn. Here's hoping Rin just straight up wipes them all out in one go.

It was an absolute pleasure watching this show weekly. I hope we get a second season because there's a lot of potential with the plot and character direction.

Amahara basically described him as a college student in his q&a on his website
Sep 28, 2021 5:38 AM
Nov 2020
Please Rin-san save Paula as fast as possible I beg you
Sep 28, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2011
KatoWorks said:
Phat-Hamburger said:

Amahara basically described him as a college student in his q&a on his website

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense, haha. Thinking back, his hobbies (toy car racing introduction) and overall lax demeanour do actually remind me of a stereotypical college student.
Sep 28, 2021 5:56 AM

May 2019
While I think this was a good show (easily a 7 or 8), the fact that it ended abruptly with no more source material existing or being made, just drags it down. I can't, in good concience give this show anything higher than a 5.
If the source material ever continues and a second season happens, I will likely adjust my score, but to cut things off here was just...wrong.
Sep 28, 2021 6:04 AM
Dec 2018
can't wait for season 2 just like everyone else
feeling bad for ysley :( i love the demons but man watching them torture him was intense
Sep 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Sep 2018
A brutal and abrupt ending, how very Idaten Dieties that was ;-)

Excellent entertainment from start to finish.

borderlinerSep 28, 2021 6:35 AM
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 28, 2021 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
OnAMission2nd said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Pretty sure that's cos they need to merge human babies with the demon babies so they're born intelligent and not as dumb monsters.
Hmm... Yeah, I remember that explanation, but I remembered something and re-watched the ending of episode 6. The queen there tells her 3 children she wants them to escape to preserve demon-kind, BUT she chose those 3 because she gave birth to them herself. So, doesn't that mean human babies aren't necessary? Though then we had cases of demons birthing only frenzied wild-demons so now I'm actually confused!
Sep 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Aug 2018
Well that was a very dark & bad ending, at least from the Idaten perspective. As it was mentioned above, this episode felt more normal than the previous ones : nothing epic or really captivating besides the demons' plan getting in motion, with efficiency.

Loved this anime so far, I didn't expect anything before starting to watch, but it really was worth my time. Though a second season seems unlikely from now, due to the lack of material.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2021

72 by Rei_Hellsing »»
Oct 12, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

198 by Spartan133786 »»
Oct 7, 12:39 PM

» How to make an application for season 02

lotus_eater - May 19

7 by SlayerGoury »»
Aug 31, 6:49 PM

» For those wanting to know where to continue on the manga.

thewiru - Aug 17

3 by WaifuCognoscente »»
Aug 17, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2021

69 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.