Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2023 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
I thought baseball hat dude found the body in the closet last week.

I'm glad the Mrs. asked Tetsuo if this was his first murder because I was wondering the same thing. He thinks quickly like a pro.  Who the hell would have thought to turn the tub into a cooker and boil the body?  Then, sit in the bathroom with it.  That's just nasty. He's not a doctor.  Tetsuo is just odd.  

That end tho.
Apr 9, 2023 2:44 PM

Oct 2016
The way they are strangling the mother, they won't kill here, right?
Apr 9, 2023 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is weird. It entertains me, yes, but I can't stop thinking that they are so smart and do all so perfectly... well, at least half the chapter.
Looking forward to seeing what will happen now
Apr 9, 2023 3:16 PM

Jun 2017
Did anyone else notice the tiny change in the scene where Tetsuo is tased? In this episode, Kyoichi tases Tetsuo, but in the manga, it was one of the men he was with. Wonder why they changed it?
Apr 9, 2023 3:27 PM

Jan 2020
I like it so far, kinda realistic and interesting.
I'm always in for a good drama and this one so far isn't bending to typical bullshit; the artstyle is is really weak but for the quality of the story so far I'll let it pass.

Also, criminals represented as criminals and not as unsung hero in the dark? I like it.
Apr 9, 2023 3:40 PM
Nov 2022
I would say that I am surprised by the way of acting and the reactions of the family but not really.

If you have been the victim of a crime such as robbery or extortion, you will know that after that there is a time when all you want is revenge and you do not think clearly, that is what is reflected here.

It's not that they're acting "too serious" about this, but they're actually trying to focus on it so they don't think about what they did, and in fact in the final part of the episode they make it clear that it DOES affect them all, both physically and emotionally.

This anime is surprising me too much, I hope it continues like this for the rest of the season.
Apr 9, 2023 3:43 PM

Sep 2021
This show takes it's suspense so serious, I don't know if that's good for my health...

But I really like it so far! It's down to earth nature is great and the plot is executed very well.

Also, the cliffhanger... I can't wait for next week's episode!
Apr 9, 2023 4:32 PM

Mar 2007
When the wife asked "Is this the first person you've killed?" I got chills.

Then the hapless husband claims he read a TON of mystery books.

I mean I read a ton of mystery books too but I don't know much about disposing of a body. Not like that.
Apr 9, 2023 5:59 PM

Jul 2019
I guess if you're into murder and sociopath books it can do you like that, huh.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 9, 2023 7:09 PM
Jan 2018
This show is scarier than any horror anime ever made. Truly a unique viewing experience.
Apr 9, 2023 7:14 PM

Jun 2019
Looking forward to more episodes. It's interesting and the story is easy to follow.

But would the body smell even with decomposer and bacteria? Asking for a friend.
Apr 9, 2023 7:21 PM
Jan 2020
A hentai at this point looks 100x better than this, this adaptation is insulting
Apr 9, 2023 7:21 PM

Apr 2022
dissolving bodies and cooking it in the bathtub, breaking bad knock off much? 

yeah, tetsuo definitely watched breaking bad, he a real one. daughter watching metflix and the wife is still a cardboard, but cliffhanger seemed somewhat interesting, i guess.
Apr 9, 2023 7:32 PM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
Great episode, aff~! I wonder if that is the wife’s first ‘accomplice role.’
This ep is pretty “scary” and “sensitive.” Those “ways to dispose of a body” are mind-blowing. 

And apparently, I have just learned how to dispose of a dead body. LOL
Apr 9, 2023 8:11 PM

Jul 2019
Why do I feel like I'm watching a bunch of card board cutouts? This whole family feels so weird and emotionless. I almost want the bad guys to win, that at least feel somewhat human. 

"is this your first time murdering someone?"

lol, ok. well that all but confirms that the mom clearly killed the stalker already. 
Jackson1333Apr 9, 2023 8:15 PM
Apr 9, 2023 8:16 PM

Mar 2020
Seriously how can you all be so calmed about this hahahaha. But yeah there's the suspense and thrill.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 9, 2023 8:44 PM
Oct 2022
It's gritty, and deepens the stakes even on a micro-level. You feel the tension the MC (Tetsuo) feels when something becomes a threat. The fear, the immediate trauma caused by the actions committed to get to this point, the spiral towards insanity. I think this show has some CRAZY potential to be something great, and bring anime back to something a bit slower and down-to-earth.
Apr 9, 2023 10:19 PM

Mar 2021
This anime has been a pleasant surprise thus far, definitely more suspenseful than I thought it could be. Just a crazy game of cat and mouse, tension, creative problem solving, etc. And although I think the show has handled things pretty well, but it does make me curious about the source material. 
Apr 9, 2023 10:19 PM
May 2021
Damn.
This is gonna be one of those under-rated anime.
So far the pacing is smooth.
That jump scare fucked me up at the end, but yeah 2nd episode in and I'm hyped for the 3rd and I've never read the manga, so all's good.
Apr 9, 2023 10:29 PM
Jan 2023
Danggggg he really trying to hide alllll of dat evidence dog
Apr 9, 2023 10:59 PM

May 2019
Man this anime is stressing me out and leaving me by the edge of my seat! Yeah the wife seems a little too calm and I thought the same thing in the first episode. It's probably good that Reika is oblivious to what's going on as I have a feeling she will be interrogated the most. Curious how the family gets out of this mess.
Apr 9, 2023 11:13 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah, that script Tetsuo whipped up was way too on the nose; I thought at the time that it almost gave too much away, as if they were purposefully redirecting.

episode 1 hooked me and didn't at all come across as "contrived" to me; nonetheless this episode dragged me even further. terrific sense of pacing.

lol @ all the people calling this show grounded, down-to-earth, realistic, etc. Really demonstrates how over-the-top most anime are that this show comes across as grounded.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 10, 2023 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
The whole time I was questioning what's stopping the gang from taking action simply because they're suspecting the family. It's not like they operate by laws, they don't need a solid evidence, especially when they had already beaten up the father before.
Apr 10, 2023 3:22 AM

Oct 2022
Now he is started to get in trouble, hiding the evidences and keeping it secret from his daughters and others is bound to get you in some deep shit.

Interesting to see how the story resumes.
Apr 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Jun 2021
That was really suspense. Both parents looks like they're used to this kind of thing. They're smart and did a little acting. But in the end, those guys decided to attack them... I don't know, that last scene gave me goosebumps.
Apr 10, 2023 5:27 AM
Dec 2021
erikkamirs said:
I got to wonder if it smells good after boiling it?

I too wonder about that. But it will most likely smell like normal meat, unless spice was added to it
Apr 10, 2023 5:31 AM

Jul 2020
so far I love it, such a thrilling story, and that cliffhanger omg how am I gonna endure the suspense till the next Sunday...
Apr 10, 2023 7:09 AM

Jul 2021
fuck off man what's that ending? why did they even decide to pursue them even after all that?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 10, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
I'm loving this anime now it reminds me of Sion Sono films

Apr 10, 2023 9:22 AM

Jun 2016
surprisingly this anime so interesting to watch !!
Apr 10, 2023 9:25 AM
Apr 2021
Nah nah nahhhhhh I need to know what’s gonna happened to the whole family and how they’re gonna get outta this one, I NEED the next episode QUICK!!!!😫😫😫😫
Apr 10, 2023 9:30 AM

May 2019
It indeed pays off when you read too much mystery so you could become a serial killer too. He proceed to cut all the dead body flesh and tossed them into the hot-boiled bathtub, what a man. The way his wife reacts to the whole situation from the start to ask him calmly about his first murder is a little off-putting or weird. I think she just goes with whatever his husband decides to do when she is also shocked by his murder back in the apartment. I wonder how the family will be free from the mafia's chase. It's pretty interesting so far.

Apr 10, 2023 10:57 AM

Mar 2008
That wasn't too bright to start talking as soon as the bug was unplugged. Unless Tetsuo understands electronics it could have had brief power leftover from a capacitor.  Also it's kind of hard to watch this guy be so open about what he's doing in his messages. No coded language even or anything. If police found out or if a yakuza got his or his wife's phone they would be fucked. 

Wouldn't the flesh still stink? The bag would only do so much unless it's multiple layers at least.

ryzxgum said:

yeah, tetsuo definitely watched breaking bad, he a real one. daughter watching metflix and the wife is still a cardboard, but cliffhanger seemed somewhat interesting, i guess.

Huh? In Breaking Bad a chemical was used not slow cooking. Also using chemicals is based on what real life killers have done before it was ever portrayed in any media. One of the earlier ones i can find is John George Haigh in the 1940s someone who dissolved bodies in a bathtub with sulfuric acid. I dont recall a media depiction using cooking
traedApr 10, 2023 11:12 AM
Apr 10, 2023 11:58 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Tetsuo surely knows how to dispose of a body. I really doubt you can get all that from just reading all those novels, and her wife supportive attitude is also pretty suspicious. Regardless, looks like the yakuza will be chasing them relentlessly and by the end we got a glimpse of that.

Good episode, even if I'm still not a bug fan of the animation.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 10, 2023 1:22 PM

May 2018
I dislike this, production-wise it looks like shit, not to mention I hate the performances, it's as I'm watching a trash soap opera, pure garbage, probably the suspense and the cliffhangers will keep me going tho. At least it isn't boring to watch.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 10, 2023 1:40 PM
Jun 2022
the story seems to be about to get interesting but someone needs to pay those animators for real
Apr 10, 2023 2:14 PM
Sep 2018
m I allowed to post my youtube video review of this episode here??
Apr 10, 2023 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
Best anime wife, literally. Willing to do anything to protect your child.
lmao the cleaner disguise.
Aha, Tetsuo is murder-mystery-genre savvy that he knows exactly what to do to hide his crime, right down to deliberately leaving something out of a suitcase because anyone tampering with it would put it back neater.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 10, 2023 3:21 PM

Apr 2022
traed said:
That wasn't too bright to start talking as soon as the bug was unplugged. Unless Tetsuo understands electronics it could have had brief power leftover from a capacitor.  Also it's kind of hard to watch this guy be so open about what he's doing in his messages. No coded language even or anything. If police found out or if a yakuza got his or his wife's phone they would be fucked. 

Wouldn't the flesh still stink? The bag would only do so much unless it's multiple layers at least.

ryzxgum said:

Huh? In Breaking Bad a chemical was used not slow cooking. Also using chemicals is based on what real life killers have done before it was ever portrayed in any media. One of the earlier ones i can find is John George Haigh in the 1940s someone who dissolved bodies in a bathtub with sulfuric acid. I dont recall a media depiction using cooking

just minus the acid blunder. foil, bathtub, and bodies. 3 key components are still there. congrats because you used a less impressive method since you don't know chemistry. is that what you want me to say? guess what, neither did john haigh.
but hey, if you wanna act like you actually consumed media where bodies were dissolved in the bathtub prior to breaking bad then, alright sure.
Apr 10, 2023 6:43 PM
Dec 2022
Jackson1333 said:
Why do I feel like I'm watching a bunch of card board cutouts? This whole family feels so weird and emotionless. I almost want the bad guys to win, that at least feel somewhat human. 

"is this your first time murdering someone?"

lol, ok. well that all but confirms that the mom clearly killed the stalker already. 

😂 You didn't understand the plot actually there was no stalker of Reika. The father came up with the idea and wrote it as a drama script and both of them just played it out to get rid off the stalking car of gang. It's not emotionless!! The family clearly shows emotions. Do you want them to cry all day long or what. Bro it's SEINEN if it was any every other murder case they would have been crying and go to the jail already.
Apr 10, 2023 8:56 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
how many wives would help their husband bury a body? Only the real ones..
She ice for blood woman in glasses is better Waifu than the likes of Marin kitagawa... She is the best woman, the way she keeps asking to help her man,

I know that many wives in mystery novels and dramas r
help the husband/boyfriend to get rid of the bodies..

But if ya find somebody like this woman in real life, marry her and make her the queen if your life..

Apr 10, 2023 9:52 PM
Aug 2017
So what was the thing that gave them away? did the guy discover the bags with the body?
Apr 10, 2023 10:55 PM
Oct 2019
oh boy this episode is so intense and stressful to watch.
Apr 11, 2023 6:06 AM

Jan 2022
This show is so erie, but it builds suspense so well. I can't help but feel for the dad and am equally freaked out by how understanding the mom is in this situation. Lord only knows what skeletons this family is hiding their closet.
Apr 11, 2023 6:09 AM
Mar 2018
My guess is next ep will be all about "prisoner's dilemma" (google it if you don't know what it is). Then, the show is going to be about them trying to maintain their life and relationships while deciding if they need to take further action; if they do take further action, at what point will it end? IMO this anime has the most potential I've seen in a long time... but one misstep in execution can totally ruin something like this... Let's hope they pull it off!
Apr 11, 2023 6:53 AM
Jan 2023
its fun and unique
wish we got more stuff like this honestly
Apr 11, 2023 9:43 AM
Jan 2017
Solid episode. Like where this is going.
Apr 11, 2023 10:48 AM
Jun 2015
The story is interesting, but it sure is low budget and not well directed (with the expection of the tension in some scenes).
Apr 11, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2021
It's becoming darker and I love it.
Apr 11, 2023 1:07 PM
Dec 2022
saifors said:
So what was the thing that gave them away? did the guy discover the bags with the body?

No, probably those Yakuza will torture them to make them talk
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2023

63 by drrsmith »»
Sep 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by YgorDS »»
Jun 27, 12:07 PM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

7 by PLight09 »»
Jun 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

236 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.