Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2020
An ok start, I'm interested on how things will play out from here.
Oct 7, 2020 4:53 PM

Jun 2017
AdrianRubinsky said:
It was OK... Romeo and Juliet in a twisted fantasy world. Let's see how it goes.

Exactly my thoughts as well. While the whole Romeo and Juliet bone was chewed to death already this put a somewhat fresh spin on it.
Oct 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Syureria said:
dadnaya said:
Where did ya get this screenshot? It wasn't in the first ep. Trailer?
I never watched the trailer, I got the SS from DAnimeStore, their broadcast time is 30 minutes late so I can post now... Excuse my late response, i was sleeping, lul.

SS is from the preview of the second episode which is at the end of first episode, try to check it again.

Hah, you got me. My episode didn't have a preview, got it from Funi. Maybe they cut it? Weird.

But nice teaser for next episode nonetheless!
Oct 7, 2020 5:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So far, my first impression through this show was still low. Its looks like the some kind of a cheesy romance full of clicheness with such a weird world of settings on their surrounding. I don't even find the uniqueness over this first one. The world building? I just find it weird, nothing else. Because why need to mix the classic fantasy world with those kind of technology. Such a shame on their alternate world really kind find any good thing over it. Then, with their feeling, the first episode only, and they just met with such a classic situations, he save him, then? Yeah ofc they felt in love by the first sight. XD Should they had a better moment? Ah idk. I just feel low on these one.

Also, i noticed that the princess of Nebulis kinda had a same design from the previous season, Sasha Necron, and Iska, well, he just a generic male MC. By looking to the genres, it might turned out into a wild situations. The war drama, the naivety of a youth life in resolving the disputes between the two countries. Yeah, the drama toward their dream to created a peace while in the same time must felt the kind of feeling kinda intrigueing, and might become their strength point. So, i do really hope the show led them into a failure rather than the happy cheap ending, as always. Because, its just too classic. So, by the grace of the God, i really need to held myself on this romance fantasy, before turned this one down. Lets see how well they handled their interaction. Maybe i could took off my first impression through their interaction. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2020 5:16 PM

Feb 2018
dadnaya said:
Hah, you got me. My episode didn't have a preview, got it from Funi. Maybe they cut it? Weird.

But nice teaser for next episode nonetheless!
I don't know, you've been watching this anime since October 2nd right? I've compared episodes and it has no difference, It's just that if you watch the official version / tv (AT-X) idfc , you may find a preview for the next episode.

The point is, the episode that was released on October 2nd and now it's no different, before I got this 22 minutes and I'm confused why people get only 14 minutes.
Oct 7, 2020 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't even know this was getting an adaption. Randomly some of the manga adaption a few days ago while doing my usual browse.

Well if anything, the visuals are better than I expected for your standard magic battle light novel turned anime, at least some moments were. Cute female lead is always a good thing.
Oct 7, 2020 5:34 PM
Jul 2020
ouuu i liked this episode i swear this season has so many good new shows im so exicted
Oct 7, 2020 5:38 PM
Oct 2020
This somewhat gave me Final Fantasy 15 Noctis/Lunafreya vibes.
Anna01996Oct 7, 2020 5:42 PM
Oct 7, 2020 5:59 PM
Aug 2015
A good start, generic plot with some reminiscence of characters before. Hoping this would be a good series this season.
Oct 7, 2020 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
hmm a op black haired teenager wielding a powerful black sword where have i seen this before.. even started to dual wield lol.

jokes aside this was not nearly as offensive as i was expecting from the typical battle l LN adaptation even looked nicer at spots than usual but it was far from great.

don't have a lot of faith in this one but the girls look cute so *shrug*only thing that keeps me watching this junk

will say the outfit designs in this show threw me off i thought this was a fantasy setting till i saw camera's and modern day cars
Oct 7, 2020 6:21 PM

Sep 2019
Silver Link don’t miss recently. Looks like it’ll be an enjoyable series, solid action, interesting characters, and some good comedy. Lots of interesting setup as well. What are the weird computers that were talking to mc in the beginning? who is the witch he freed and why? what are the generators for and why did they cause the war? neutral city, where they ran into each other at the end? Hopefully we get answers to most if not all of these questions. Promising start.
Oct 7, 2020 6:32 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I watched the 14 minute version before without knowing but now that I've seen the full version it's definitely better. I surprisingly enjoyed this
ManWildOct 7, 2020 6:39 PM

Oct 7, 2020 6:37 PM

Dec 2014
This was pretty good, way better than what I expected. I'm liking the setting and the style of the story seems like it could turn out to be quite nice.

Alice's design is gorgeous, right up my alley. <3
Iska is cool as well.

Looking forward to see where this goes, I think it has potential. The production seems quite good and the character is fantastic.
Oct 7, 2020 6:37 PM
Oct 2018
Production is good even for Silver Link standarts, despite some weird textures on backgroun, and character desing is nice and detailed, generic but gorgeous. The thing is that I didn't get at all why the fuck, in a world where there are nuclear energy centrals, they fight using fucking swords. That didn't make any sense for me. Characters apart from the main duo didn't catch me at all either. I'll give it a second chance though, romance and animation may be the redeeming factors for this
Akkarin! Hai!
Oct 7, 2020 6:49 PM
Nov 2017
Cute blonde and magical war. Yeah I'm in. Good first episode.
Oct 7, 2020 7:26 PM

Mar 2020
Nice, kind of generic but still enjoyable 1st episode (just like Silver Link with Misfits last season), wondering how it goes. I did find one voice exchange funny though lol.

A huge-ass fireball comes behind the guys back
Iska, in the most casual voice ever: "Jhin, behind you" and deflects it like it was a pebble

Ngl Jhin seems like an Archer clone, with the white hair color & style, deep voice and dry personality nice
Oct 7, 2020 7:41 PM

Dec 2010
So much to look forward to this anime.
1. Silver Link
2. TEN-CHANNNNNNNN <333333
Oct 7, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 2016
pretty good so far I like it ,I definitely plan to check out the LN too eventually is it licensed in north America?
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Oct 7, 2020 8:18 PM

Mar 2016
Another anime by Silver Link directed by Shin Onuma, is that this studio doesn't have any other director to do its series?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 7, 2020 8:59 PM

May 2014
Not terrible, but not great either. I already checked out the light novel, so I more or less knew what was up. I am definitely not going to hand out awards for original writing, and you can see many of the very common tropes, but I have also seen way worse, so eh. It is the usual quality. At least there is *some* plot, which already seems to be too much for many others.

The production values seemed decently good. I liked the music in some parts, so that was nice.
Oct 7, 2020 9:14 PM

Oct 2020
It was a good first episode. I like the relationship between the mc and the heroine. The heroine is so cute. But whenever the heroine talking, I can't help myself from smiling because I will immediately think of Aqua (because they share the same voice actress). You know it will be a harem anime if there is a captain who is small, have a big oppai and clumsy in that anime.
Oct 7, 2020 10:18 PM
Apr 2012
Better than I expected.

probably 7.5, Silver link has a habit of adapting really generic LNs really well.

This has all the makings of average, and I'm enjoying it. I also like how chill everyone is, I have yet to come across that hyper annoying loud guy which animes seem to love.
Oct 7, 2020 10:24 PM
Jun 2017
at first i have no idea what this is all about--- aside from jokes that its a SAO RIP-off, but after watching this one, its like the same genre of misfit of demon king academy which i fantasy/ magic which is one of my fave genre combo in anime...

I WILL WATCH THIS ONE... THE STORY LOOKS CUTE AND INTERESTING, PLUS IS THERE A ROMANCE IN THIS ONE..? i just love how alice and iska 1st meeting went through with...

they have the same goal in mind but different approach... im sold on this one...
Oct 8, 2020 12:00 AM

Apr 2020
Well I knew I was gonna like this. A romance action fantasy with our main couple divided in their respective worlds, the militaristic Empire and the witch havens' Sovereignty. I like the fact that Alice's maid Rin has the same VA with Hayasaka (from Love is War), which I amusingly spotted. Also a LEGAL LOLI is part of the cast...yes.

But what about the episode? Well it was kinda fine. Iska our male MC has been released from his prison after a broke-in crime he committed. In exchange for this, he is tasked immediately to face off our female MC Alice (Ice Calamity Witch). Their face-off was kinda good, with Rin (Hayasaka) being a strong support. Iska is OP with his swordmanship while Alice with her strong ice magic. I didn't expect Alice turning into a mix of a Kuudere and Tsundere.

With the fight broken off, Alice decides to watch an opera afterwards which she cries so much that she has to borrow someone's handkerchief for her tearing face. But when she gives the handkerchief back, (oh what do you know) it was Iska all along and the episode ends off with a very good ED.

Oct 8, 2020 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
This was quite boring.
Oct 8, 2020 1:12 AM
Jan 2017
Why that rock dude @ 14:30 look like it came out of paper Mario 😂
Oct 8, 2020 3:21 AM
May 2020
Good episode. I want to see the next one.
Oct 8, 2020 3:44 AM

May 2018
The first episode looked pretty good and the story got me intrigued. Looking forward for the next episode
Oct 8, 2020 4:47 AM

Oct 2016
Damn this is pretty good, Silver Link has been killing it this year. First it was Bofuri, then Hamefura, then Misfit and now Our last crusade. And like misfit I liked this a lot.

I also really like the setting, it reminds me of Final Fantasy XV with the blend of fantasy world and modern world it's pretty great.

Both of the main characters are also pretty great and they look good together. I am really looking forward for the next episode, this will definitely be one of my favorites to an already packed season.
Oct 8, 2020 5:12 AM

Nov 2018
I guess it was okay for a start, I like the main idea about stopping the war and the characters were ok, however the way they animated the battle scenes were kinda stiff imo.
The ending was nice as well. I'm actually looking forward to how the story develops between the characters and the world.
hi
Oct 8, 2020 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
Another girl named Alice? LOL Japanese people love the name Alice way too fucking much. Can't count how many people I've met in Japan who chose that as their Christian name or English name at English academies.

Anyway, Alice is way too beautiful for that generic-looking mofo.
臭い-
Oct 8, 2020 5:30 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty meh honestly
Oct 8, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
It may be the title or the worldview, anyways this show reminds me of WorldEnd, which I think is an underdeveloped show with potential. If this one follows a similar pattern, hopefully it can get the story and relationship between characters right.

There are quite a few LN moments but they don't get overboard and bother the experience, the setting and story seems strong, comparing to other shows in this season it is already a better one. So far I like what I'm watching.
Oct 8, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2016
It seems like a new "Romeo and Juliet" story.
Oct 8, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2019
The KIRITO of the season arrives!
so is this romeo and juliet? the episode is paced well and i like the girl's character designs not looking generic despite having a generic plot though many scenes are cringeworthy but i think ill see how it goes i actually enjoy the trashy-romance types
Oct 8, 2020 11:42 AM
Nov 2016
I can't lie...I love this so far.
I've been interested in buying the light novels, especially now knowing that it's another one of those takes on Romeo and Juliet (I'm taking a course revolving around everything Shakespeare in college right now). I'm literally writing a god damn PAPER comparing Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story, so could this be fate?? I HAVE NO CLUE??

But anyways, I'm a geek for light novels and all literature so given how some book adaptations can be in general, and the way the premise was summarized, I was totally ready to watch this first episode and probably never touch it again, and if I did, probably as a 'turn your brain off' kind of watch. But to my surprise...no! This was actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be! It's not perfect, there are still signs of the usual light novel cliches, character traits, you know what I mean. However, I think for some reason they managed to make this work really well? I'm actually interested in the main duo and their dynamic, and the way it intertwines with the Romeo and Juliet influence is like icing on the cake. If they manage to make the two main leads developed correctly, their dynamic could be really excellent, even if our main character does look like, and somewhat fights like a CERTAIN popular black-coated swordsman in anime, except our guy here has an ahoge...totally stands out doesn't look plain at all-
ANYWAYS, the character designs are pretty decent, some look like things you've seen before, while others are drop dead gorgeous, and by that I mean the Ice Calamity Queen, like ma'am my pan heart is quaking. She truly does look like a witch and stands out above everyone else, just like how the animation was actually very impressive for a Silver Link work!! I'll be real with you when I say that Silver Link can either have great shows or literally have shows that are as forgettable as possible, but this..this good. Animation-wise is was pretty great (and at times pretty fluid!), but the pacing was also great, I'd say the best part, without a doubt. I'm vey interested in the world building aspect, and I'd kill to see them dive into that more. Not to mention the feud between humans and witches, and the motivation fo many of the characters. Overall, a pretty enjoyable premiere that definitely went over my expectations, and has the potential to be great!

Let's just hope this series doesn't have a bad ending...believe me, that would be the TRUE tragedy here.
Oct 8, 2020 2:16 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Gonna give the series some tough love.
The LN has amazing art, but writing is decent at best, mediocre at worst, some parts were regarded, but then you also have some pretty cool stuff.

I went into the series expecting the plot would turn into something more serious or unique, but it ended becoming very filled with generic plot progression you know to see a mile away, and more importantly, some stuff is rather cringing, like the fact that they keep meeting like that on vol1.

It was still enjoyable, and definitely opens more later on, but people shouldn't expect much from this adaptation for the writing, just watch it for the fun of it, the art is really good and Silver Link keep some really solid and beautiful art with the anime, and the action is smooth enough for what the show is about.

I do have some nitpicks with this episode, pacing one, but it was expected, the other, some scenes they adapt sound way cooler in the LN like the MC is way faster, than this, some of his movements here looked dumbed down A LOT.

We are dealing with a fiction where you have people as overpowered as this dude, please don't make his running, look like some generic run that anyone could do, make it fast for god sake, give it more sense of speed and motion.

Aside from that, looking forward to this, if this adapts till vol5, it will surpass what is translated officially currently.
Oct 8, 2020 2:50 PM

Dec 2019
The animation seems pretty good, I hope Silver Link is able to keep up and make it somewhat interesting. As for the story, it's as clichè as it can get, same for the characters.
Oct 8, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
Reminded me quite a bit of something that aired last year. Another anime that I though was OK and have already forgotten the name of. The magic animation was quite good though.
Oct 8, 2020 5:26 PM

Sep 2007
WOOT! Let the start of this Romeo x Juliet -ish tragedy start~

((Well....I say that but I have no idea if this will become a "tragedy" like Romeo x Juliet))

I'm more saddened that I read some peoples replies in here that sound like they're comparing the two MCs to SAO MCs
GEEZ really. I dislike SAO too but I ain't letting that cloud my judgement. :/

edit:
twilightopal said:
I can't lie...I love this so far.
I've been interested in buying the light novels, especially now knowing that it's another one of those takes on Romeo and Juliet (I'm taking a course revolving around everything Shakespeare in college right now). I'm literally writing a god damn PAPER comparing Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story, so could this be fate?? I HAVE NO CLUE??
WOW. Such coincidence. I was "studying" Romeo & Juliet as well when I first started watching (or was it discovered?) the Romeo x Juliet anime (which for uh....educative purposes I highly recommend checking out if you have the time *COUGH*wink*wink*nudge*nudge* )

...maybe I'm setting my expectations too high but I hope this series turns out as good as that adaptation....or something close.....well I can only hope...
IkanoOct 8, 2020 5:45 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 8, 2020 8:30 PM

Jul 2020
Wasn't amazing or anything, but still liked it more than I thought I would.

Also how is the captain 22 lol
Oct 9, 2020 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
Oh god, those were some of the dullest fight scenes I've seen in a while.
fuyukiOct 9, 2020 12:58 AM
Oct 9, 2020 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
It's not that bad. But then again there is a lot of stuff that I dislike.

I prefer it over most Isekai - since it is in a normal fantasy themed world. (But I don't like the magic + science mix and the world looking too modern.)

The war and political stuff is good. And I like the rivals become friends/lovers thing. And I hope it won't get as bad as Egao no Daika near the end. Though I guess here we will have just other problems ... since it is a novel adaption. (Getting lengthy and neverending with slow progress.)

I hope they will show war and politics. (Well at least the male main started to bleed a bit when he got hit by female main.) If it started to turn into some SoL and them doing secretly activities to show off their love ... it would be really stupid.

The main thing I dislike is the char design - especially for the male main. (Young boy.) And the team members of the male main. I mean ... okay the girl is supposed to be some engineer. And she just works in some cafe and they didn't even feel like they were at war. Guy uses a gun.

But why ... WHY the hell do they call that one girl "captain" which acts super stupid and useless? (Maybe we will see some hidden super powers from her. Or an extremely weird explanation as to why she is the captain of the squad.)

I first thought they were joking but when the guy (which also sounded like a joke) told here to not shout orders (she just asked them to be carfeul) because the enemy then would easily notice who is in charge ... it actually seemed serious with the captain thing.

Out of the stuff more with a bit of fantasy or pure fantasy ... I'd say this is the most interesting one. 2nd the 100-man and 3rd the King's Raid. (And other stuff with fantasy I'm not watching this season.)
Oct 9, 2020 1:55 AM
Sep 2008
Not bad but didn't like the world in general; the combination of magic and futuristic science, I would have prefered a medieval one so for me it is a drop.
Oct 9, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
Another LN again?
japs really like CG flying swords huh...
4/5.

Oct 9, 2020 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
The episode was decent, but the heroine falling right in the hero's arms was kinda too stupid to watch and then the coincidence.
Oct 9, 2020 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
Another generic seasonal fantasy where the main guy steamrolled everyone and heroine that looks strong but goes full tsun-tsun dere dere mode because of him.

Well what can I say? I always have a premium spot for show like this in my seasonal watch so I'm gonna stick with this.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 9, 2020 1:11 PM
Feb 2018
Our Last Crusade is impressively overpowered in its production for how mediocre the plot is. It’s got some interesting powers and weapons but I can’t help but feel like there was some missed potential here for what could’ve been a decent political drama. From what we’ve seen so far it has the resources and concept to have been something that could’ve approached something of quality, but instead it jumps off a cliff into mindless action and horrible pacing. The way every female character annoyingly fits every female anime trope & aspect of fan service makes it seem as if the show doesn’t believe in itself... which is sad because as I mentioned before it certainly has the quality of production that deserves courageous direction but went full early 2010’s dime-a-dozen light novel.
Oct 9, 2020 4:06 PM

May 2009
At first it felt shitty but as episode progressed it started to feel charming. Silver link name appear. It must be Shin Oonuma. This guy is master of turning LNshit into watchable anime.
Oct 9, 2020 4:35 PM
Jul 2015
This seems very meh.
The style mix of Fantasy and Sci-Fi-ish things doesn't really work for me visually.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» worst anime ever that i’ve watched (edited)

milo_peng - Dec 6, 2021

36 by Phanyx7 »»
Oct 2, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

59 by Yoyosrop »»
Sep 10, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2020

131 by Baruc_Baruc »»
Aug 3, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2020

96 by icymangoose »»
Jul 2, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

52 by waldy713 »»
Jun 30, 8:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.