Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
Anime made Iino's delusion even more cringe worthy. I was close to walking out of my own room... Props. Still, what the hell was that pointless, out of place peanuts style scene? Later as well, there was so much "animation filler" that was taking away from enjoyment. That fighter game style scene was awful. So much crap occupying attention while simple stress bar would be enough with characters and their reactions actually properly visible. They wasted time on that but didn't draw faces for background characters later... Last week's episode was bad as well, is there a new episode director? After stellar first season and solid start of second one, I wouldn't expect such drop in quality.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 6, 2020 11:56 AM

Oct 2019
Syureria said:
Marinate1016 said:

Hayasaka told Kaguya to try putting her right hand on her cheek since that seems to calm her.
Ehhh ... looks like I still remember that scene, I don't understand why did Kaguya feel nervous when beside Shirogane, wouldn't that be a good opportunity for Kaguya?

Rarely that the people here don't discuss the Hayasaka dance, rather than choosing Kaguya I'd rather choose Hayasaka, thanks btw.

Kaguya is feeling nervous around Shirogane because of the near kiss scene in the warehouse and because of the doctor telling her she's in love.
Jun 6, 2020 11:58 AM

Sep 2016
I love that Madonna reference. The production team is such a group of cultured people.
Jun 6, 2020 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
Antanaru said:
They wasted time on that but didn't draw faces for background characters later...

They did that for a reason tho, you'll know later.
Jun 6, 2020 12:10 PM

May 2018
Ishigami part was great, that normie committee lmao. Hahaha Iino always appears in the middle of something super ambiguous. Damn, I really wish the episodes were a bit longer, it's so good that I don't even realize how time flies while watching it

4/5.
GuidSMRJun 6, 2020 12:14 PM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 6, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2019
The direction was top-notch this episode. The Miko segment was hilarious, why does everyone think Kaguya is evil? :( That part where they showed Kaguya dominating Miyuki was so amazing, I was laughing hard.

Kaguya now has her "ritual" and it's the cutest thing I have ever seen! And I've gotta say, the animation was soooo fluid, everything felt so vivid in that scene. Thank god A-1 is not letting us down at all with this adaptation. I don't know why but when Kaguya started dancing it reminded me of this:

Ishigami is now confirmed best girl! Looking forward to the sports arc. 10/10 episode.
CrossBlackJun 7, 2020 6:18 AM
Jun 6, 2020 12:28 PM
Apr 2020
It wasn't bad. Wasn't expecting that ''fight'' scene, it was quite funny.

Also, didn't expect Shirogane to do something like preventing Kaguya from escaping with hand holding.

Jun 6, 2020 12:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Primo_Itoko said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

The name is probably what the translator had come up with, but omfg I hope this means that S3 is confirmed, there were subtle foreshadowings in the past episodes that really don't mean anything but this... I hope it really means something.

It wasn't a translation issue. Unfortunately I still don't know how to properly upload images here but it was written 生徒会の真実 (seitokai no shinjitsu) at 04:54, so the translation is accurate. Plus the manga translation isn't wrong either, since they wouldn't mess it up that badly because neither 128 nor 138 (128 in the weekly YJ) have Student Council in it's name. Maybe I'm wrong and this means it's the 128th anime episode, in which case, season 6 confirmed lmao

Farabeuf said:

That Kaguya dance was an unexpected delight. And I might be mistaken, but a lot of those moves she did reminded me of Madonna's "Vogue" video. Am I the only one that thinks that?

When they pushed the play button it showed "Pose - Lady Donna" (11:18) so it's probably a reference to it.
Edit: I just watched the video it's DEFINITELY a reference to it.

Thank you! I'm glad to know I wasn't imagining things.

Kaguya is a girl with culture it seems
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2018
Miko Iino logical reasoning is so funny. She wants things her way in her dream. Ishigami Best girl?
Jun 6, 2020 12:32 PM

Jan 2020
No one noticed the 50 Shades of Gray reference??
Jun 6, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
pilotinha_ said:
Antanaru said:
They wasted time on that but didn't draw faces for background characters later...

They did that for a reason tho, you'll know later.
I know the reason, I read the manga. They should have made visual cue more distinct, especially after wasting so much time on animation filler earlier. While it worked in the manga, in anime it looks like lazy animation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 6, 2020 12:42 PM
Apr 2018
Every episode has been fun.

Excellent Music Choice, Good Animation variety "like using different animation during baseball scene & video game scene".

KAGUYA's "routine" dance was adorable.
Jun 6, 2020 12:44 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Antanaru said:
They wasted time on that but didn't draw faces for background characters later
It was intentional baby.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 6, 2020 12:44 PM

Nov 2018
Such a great episode!

6:02 - Is that a 50 Shades of Grey reference? (50 Shape of Love)

MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 6, 2020 12:47 PM
Jun 2016
Antanaru said:
Anime made Iino's delusion even more cringe worthy. I was close to walking out of my own room... Props. Still, what the hell was that pointless, out of place peanuts style scene? Later as well, there was so much "animation filler" that was taking away from enjoyment. That fighter game style scene was awful. So much crap occupying attention while simple stress bar would be enough with characters and their reactions actually properly visible. They wasted time on that but didn't draw faces for background characters later... Last week's episode was bad as well, is there a new episode director? After stellar first season and solid start of second one, I wouldn't expect such drop in quality.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the Peanuts scene and in general the extra animated fluff to the scenes. They're trying to make it more entertaining by going beyond just how it was portrayed in the manga and for the most part it works well. I understand not liking the fighting game scene, there was a lot of stuff flashing on the screen it may be hard to follow the progression of what's going on. But I think this is mainly an issue of how the show likes to convey things through text on screen during a scene and for viewers who don't know Japanese subtitles make understanding these scenes more difficult. Though again about the Peanuts scene, you could say any chibi'fied scene used for comedy relief in anime looks just as out of place.

Moreover in the manga too they didn't draw anyone's face at that cheer squad meeting except for the girl who glared at Ishigami either. I would assume the point of this was to show they're a bunch of "normies" and thus being individualized at this point doesn't really matter because to Ishigami they're all the same stereotype. It reflects how Ishigami sees the group so it's pretty obviously intentional, not some cutting corners because they "wasted time" on other segments.
Jun 6, 2020 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
This staff continues to go way too far beyond what they need to, that entire Miko section was lightyears above what i expected and it was spectacular, the only issue i really have is that Osagiri's actress seemed a little too subdued in her reactions, like its not like she needed to be screaming but it did feel like she was too underplayed. That and I do feel like the already subtle (unconfirmed but obvious) hint from the manga was even more vague this time with this segment as to who the person who gave Iino the flower and letter was but I guess the next ep will have a moment that makes things way more obvious, I think the really ship baity stuff is more next season anyway.

Other 2 segments were great too, its great seeing the face touch thing finally animated outside of the op, and the crossdressing bit does have one of the funniest miko bad timings though, the way it has all that build up for just a second of her leaving the room is probably the best way to adapt that joke.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2020 12:51 PM
Aug 2017
1st season: Chika Dance

2nd season: Kaguya Dance

Now I feel blessed.
Jun 6, 2020 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
So apparently no one is talking about the most important thing in the first half of the episode, the flower Iino received.
Jun 6, 2020 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
pilotinha_ said:
So apparently no one is talking about the most important thing in the first half of the episode, the flower Iino received.
Its hard to figure out from this episode, I think the only reason manga people were able to piece together 2 and 2 was cause when your reading a manga chapter online its title is pretty much blatantly thrown in your face so everyone can be like "oh its a ishigami chapter, wait ishigami wasnt even in it? Ooooh" I dont think i really need to censor that cause this is basically the only time this is explicitly referred to with this connection but whatever.

Also other possibility, people might just not care yet, they barely interact in their early chapters its mostly next season onwards where they get all the interaction.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2018
pilotinha_ said:

I had my suspicions, but if manga readers are saying how important this was, it really makes me think it was Ishigami that gave it to her.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 6, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2018
Man, every episode they exceed my expectations. They're nailing it with this adaptation. Kudos to the people behind it. And that Kaguya dance looked sooo smooth. GREAT episode.
ARK-13Jun 6, 2020 1:15 PM
Jun 6, 2020 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
That routine/ritual is pure gold.
Jun 6, 2020 1:18 PM
Apr 2018
Enjoyable episode as usual.
Miko needs two awards seriously, Dramatic delusional dreamer of the year and Entering the wrong place at the wrong time. All that assumptions and imagination, holy shit. Everything that you can think wrong about the situation she gets it xD
Also the letter miko got in junior high, people are guessing/projecting its from ishigami (manga readers probably) but if it is really that was really sweet.
Kaguya still having her love crisis and best girl hayasaka as usual with her suggestions & support trying to save her mistress. i didnt know sports persons actually had such coping mechanisms, some good knowledge right there.The mini kaguya dance was great and adorable.

Also now i know where Kaguyas "kawai koto" face (right hand touching left cheek) at the end of the Opening song comes from.

Just loved the little 2d game setting fight between shirogane and kaguya, the sounds, the effects , the antics and character movements, really refreshing and entertaining. Didnt know kaguya was that strong to actually manhandle shirogane at the end. KO! xD

Finally our best boy/girl Ishigami. He just keeps becoming more of a great character. Just watching him looking at those wannabe cheer squad made me like "I really feel you ishigami", being out of place in a group, observing them. i can so relate to him at such a deep level. It easnt being normie for people like us xD. But i just respect ishigami for not giving up and trying his best.

Totally adored kaguya and Ishigamis bonding, its like watching a Big sister/mom doting and caring on their younger brother/son. Really heartwarming.

I guess we are about to enter a important arc now for ishigami, cant wait, he's already my favorite character,so really looking forward to it <3
Jun 6, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2015
"Is this my drag debut?"

LMAO, Ishigami is just great. I hope he is not the only one doing crossdressing from the team.
Jun 6, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
axel360 said:
pilotinha_ said:

I had my suspicions, but if manga readers are saying how important this was, it really makes me think it was Ishigami that gave it to her.
Its never been explicably said outright so dont worry about it too much. I wouldnt call it super important itself its more just a nice bit of characterization for Miko more than anything

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 6, 2020 1:22 PM
Aug 2014
Groenboys said:
One of the best episodes of this series yet. So many good moments.

EHHHHHH *op theme* HHHHHHHH

The "I Need A Hero" music was SO GOOD

yeah I died when I realized the background music in Iino's delusion was from "I need a hero"
Jun 6, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2015
How anyone thinks this has 'dropped in quality" is beyond me. They're hitting it out of the park every episode.

Jun 6, 2020 1:24 PM
Feb 2019
Antanaru said:

cringe commentary, but hey, everybody can have an opinion. And yes, the no faces were intentional.
Jun 6, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
@Saga22 Why do you even answer if you have absolutely nothing to say?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 6, 2020 1:58 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Poor Miko is trying too hard to fit in with the student council and her delusions continue to get the best of her. Now that Kaguya can dance I want to see her and Chika do a dance off.
Jun 6, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2019
Antanaru said:
The way they portray these scenes is called "creative liberty", the director uses these visual elements because a good director tries to convey the scenes in a way that they don't look flat and boring. The scene with Miko is exactly because the director is portraying how exaggerated she misinterpretates these situations, and how over the top her reactions are. The peanut scene was just a referencec like MANY others the show has. The game scene is another reference, the reason it was all over the place is because of the subtitles, but it only lasted for a moment so it's not a big deal. I don't understand why you would have a problem with references but anyways. I don't even know if it's worth mentioning the characters without a face expression, if you weren't even able to tell it was on purpose then...

And I really want to know what your standards for animation is, the episode was visually impressive, the characters design were consistent and some scenes looked impressively fluid.
CrossBlackJun 7, 2020 6:16 AM
Jun 6, 2020 2:42 PM
Apr 2019
Wow i can say for sure that the staffs really love this anime and have fun doing it
Jun 6, 2020 2:43 PM

Jan 2018
Ishigami literally won me in this episode. Can't wait for him to shine in the next epsiode.

I hope Iino's prepared soon.
Jun 6, 2020 2:50 PM
Mar 2015
The ritual failed Miko is an idiot Ishiigami looks good in drag
Jun 6, 2020 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
First segment was incredible, the direction and stylish arts were amazingly done!! Such a great segment featuring Miko. She has an interesting fantasy and still makes misunderstandings worse episodes later!!

Segment #2 *insert cute Kaguya noises*
"First it was a heart disease and now you've got a brain disorder?" Just amazing!! The whole routine thing was great, that short Kaguya dance was cute! Still waiting for a Dance ED from either Kaguya or Hayasaka (preferably Hayasaka)!!

The moment she "tested" that calming ritual everything went against her and the end with Ishigami was the best part XD

I now see where the "Best Girl Ishigami" is coming from XD That was great!
Jun 6, 2020 3:11 PM

Jan 2020
Another episode literally crying with laughter. So outstanding in so many ways with all too many references done amazingly well right down to the artistic styles they parody. That Madonna 'Vogue' reference was particularly brilliant even including the opening feather fans!
Jun 6, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
ROFL

TBH, I want them to make a real Iino's delusions into a real movie/ ova, would be hilarious to watch.

ROFL

(evil Kaguya would be interesting)

___ ___ ___

Also, Kaguya doing poses looks like some sort of weird dancing, LOL.

And now she's trying to suppress her feeling of love.

___ ___ ___

Ishigami, ROFL ROFL ROFL, Iino.... LUUUUUUUUUL.
amlgJun 6, 2020 3:44 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 6, 2020 3:41 PM

Jan 2020
amlg said:

Also, Kaguya doing poses looks like some sort of weird dancing, LOL.

They're direct reference to Madonna's infamous vogue 'strike a pose' music video... maybe I'm showing my age lol.
Jun 6, 2020 3:57 PM
Mar 2020
rhanjel14 said:
5/5 Kaguya Dance is very Well done, Anyone Notice Miko Smiling at ED? Is that sign of Good Character Development Between them, I dont know because I dont Read Manga in Advance.

OMG HOW CAN I MISSED THAT.
Jun 6, 2020 3:58 PM
Jan 2020
I read this chapter in the manga, i loved how they adapted it. I really hope there are next seasons that will cover the rest of the story, cause its just awesome XD
Jun 6, 2020 4:29 PM

Apr 2020
This was actually super funny :D NGL comparable to s01e01 ... at least for me
Jun 6, 2020 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
Antanaru said:

Eh? Your first statement makes me think that you'd have read the manga therefore you should know the reason why the background characters had no face. It's not a mistake or a lack of budget/time, it reproduce perfectly what was in the manga and will be important in the upcoming arc.
Jun 6, 2020 4:46 PM

Jan 2012
Thai777 said:
Antanaru said:

Eh? Your first statement makes me think that you'd have read the manga therefore you should know the reason why the background characters had no face. It's not a mistake or a lack of budget/time, it reproduce perfectly what was in the manga and will be important in the upcoming arc.

I mean it should be obvious by the look of the rest of the episode how this was just a stylistic choice. With how much they animated, even the Kaguya Dance or the whole Miko bits.

More importantly: Why is Onodera blonde with yellow eyes instead of strawberry pink with blue eyes?
Jun 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2015
Miko's imagination is really so wild! But I can't blame her, she always enters the room at the perfect moment.

Never expected I would see Kaguya... dancing? That calming ritual works so good on her haha.

I know that feeling Ishigami. I also joined some social type activities a while ago being a quite shy and asocial person, and later I obviously regretted about having done that, but it was an interesting experience I guess.

I also think like Ishigami about the people that are like documenting their life on social media all the time, I can't understand them at all.
Jun 6, 2020 5:04 PM
Mar 2020
Wait3
Festive arc? Ishigami arc?
Ootomo kyoko?
Jun 6, 2020 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
I feel fuckin reborn after watching this, so many laughs I lost count.. Love how Miko misunderstand the council though in reality she is spot on ROFL Ishigami joining the cheering squad was really unexpected.. and him trying on Kaguyas outfit awakened the snake in my pants for sure xD Kinda hot can't lie.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 6, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
Iino and her imagination is hilariously over the top. I can't imagine what she's thinking after seeing Ishigami in a dress...

The cheering squad and their slogan was beautiful.

I'm really happy that we seem to be entering a Ishigami arc.
Jun 6, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2016
We need more Ishigami stories and flashbacks of his past!
Jun 6, 2020 6:05 PM

May 2020
Ishigami arc? Hell Yeah!!!
Seeing the student council by Iinos eyes was really enjoyable and fun. The 2nd part w/ Kaguya continuing events from the previous ep, it was good, probably Shirogane getting KOed was the best. And the last part showing Ishigami was basically introducing the next arc, The Festival Arc, which, I'm really pumped!!!
P.S: Ishigami in a girls dress was funny.
Le_UsernameJun 6, 2020 6:50 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

373 by IMPatoto »»
Oct 4, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

godcanute - May 3, 2020

204 by Xeehad »»
Aug 28, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

671 by _untitled »»
Aug 7, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

258 by _untitled »»
Aug 6, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

216 by _untitled »»
Aug 2, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.