Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 8, 2020 4:43 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Vindicater said:
anime-prime said:
Apparently there was an after credit scene in the theatrical version where Akane tells the inspectors that she will tell them what happened two years ago (the thing that got her imprisoned). This greatly increases the chances of a fourth season.

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/03/30/psycho-pass-3-spoilers-after-credit-scene-from-first-inspector-missing-on-amazon-prime-video/

I really dont care at this point. This series has turned into a hot mess after a fantastic season 1.

True...but I enjoyed both season 2 and the movie...more than the third season and its sequel movie. It may be a mess but it is still way better than most other seasonal anime.
Apr 8, 2020 5:48 PM
Feb 2015
I enjoyed the movie but the ending was a bit anti climactic.
Apr 10, 2020 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
I wasn't the biggest fan of season 3,it had potential but felt like it was going everywhere at the same time,with vague antagonists and a clumsy semi conclusion,

Then came this movie that i wasn't sure about (or three ova episodes like i watched them) and at first it felt the same,just an entertainment like the other psycho pass movies

But the third part of the movie was actually a really good ending like wow,if i could complain i would say it was a bit rushed but it aligned everything almost perfectly and it was a real thrill rush,

This morning i woke up thinking i was done with Psycho Pass after this but now i just want more and would love a season 4 in the coming years.its been what 8 years now and i just can't let this anime go nor it won't let me.

Anyway solid 7.5/10 for this movie and 6.5/10 for s3.
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 10, 2020 1:31 PM
Oct 2019
Great Movie! I loved it and honestly it was better than the 3rd season itself. There was much more action and things finally became clearer. Personally, since the movie is actually split in 3 episodes, I would have added them to the series.
Some things still need to be explaied (what happened to Arata's dad and Kei's brother, what Akane did to get imprisoned and [SPOILER then to be come executor]) but I guess they'll do a 4th season...
I want them to do the 4th season! ❤️

I'm not going to spoil, but the ending showing one by one every character and how they're going after the case solved was amazing

9/10
Apr 13, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2010
I like it, better than season 3... 8/10 for me

Azusawa is an entertaining villain, good thrill, good end but there are still unanswered questions. I always like Arata as protag but that mental trace power is kinda BS, having everyone (kinda) has their own calm and happy end is good tho also... so many ship tease.

Honestly, i don't want S4 that much (unless the curiosity of seeing Akane being an enforcer) having to meet the same PP1 characters again seem boring and repetitive, idk for how long they intend to keep extending the franchise unless they want huge finale to stop Sybil System forever. The characters deserved break, just let go Kogami and Akane, let them get married and life peacefully, end lol.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 14, 2020 10:06 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the moment the new head of Cid named Akane the aid to the Chief
Apr 22, 2020 2:30 AM

Jan 2017
Onii-chan said:
Did I miss something? I think they still don't explain why and how akane was imprisoned.

The theatrical release of First Inspector has a post-credit scene of Akane saying she will explain what caused her to go to prison. Season 4 or movie sequels is a probability with a cliffhanger like that.

As for the movie and Psycho Pass 3, I experienced the story of this season as a grounded detective story with the following story elements: conspiracies, social connections, politics, social commentary, the battle of wits, and crimes that lead to an atagonistic magnus opus. A lack of the philosophical element exists in season three. There was no Makashima nor Kamui Kirito; no antagonist whose end means are based on idealistic principles. Instead, the main antagonists (Bifrost's Congressmen) had more tangible goals such as revenge or influential power through the Japanese economy and political system. Why I believe the writers have chosen Psycho Pass 3 to have a plot that is more of a detective story is that season 2 tried to replicate the philosophical finesse of the first season, but the outcome was a fumble, so to not repeat the similar mistake the third season tells a story that is closer to good cops/bad criminals, which a plot idea like that has a solid track record.

An impressive reaction I have for the writers is they have turned Mika Shimotsuki - the worst character of Psycho Pass 2 without a doubt and I heavily railed about her in the discussion post of the last episode of the second season - to become a redeemable, leading figure as Chief Inspector of season 3. A huge relief; a significant turn around from the writers. All of the characters, new and old, are satisfying to view on screen.

A typical detective story may not please every viewer and may not have the brilliant, witty moments as season 1, yet I find Psycho Pass 3 as a respectable show that should be on a person's plan to watch list.
LineraxApr 22, 2020 2:34 AM
Apr 24, 2020 11:39 AM

May 2014
This wrapped up season 3 fairly well, hoping this isn't the end.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
May 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't think Yayoi would still be alive.
Akane getting back to the Unit aswell!

I feel like Season 3 and First Inspector were just a rehash of what Season 1 tried to do but not as good.
Shogo Makishima had this whole reasoning behind what he did and what made him Criminally Asymptomatic but here we have Arata ... a guy with the ability to use it as a hero power of some sorts.

The series tried to fit in too many organizations and cases at the same time that it felt like it was just throwing stuff at us to make it look more interesting.

Despite being a lesser version of what Season 1 tried to do it was still alright and better than Season 2 though.
It looks like I didn't enjoy it from my arguments above but I actually did, just think it could've done a lot better.
May 4, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2013
Sokah said:
They detect perfume but not military weapons being sneaked into the building. They don't have access to their dominators, which are themselves already locked down so don't need that security. Pillbug laser fights. Awful fight scenes. Can move around the building but can't move around the building. Can't get assistance etc.

For a show that is supposed to make you think about society and motivation and such, there sure wasn't a lot of thought put into this show. It's very poorly done with everything just being done to service the plot of fill time even though it makes no sense to the background or overall show. It's frustrating to watch something this ineptly done, and the fact that it's bloated to over 2 hours just makes it worse.

Featuring your favourite action movie cliches like auto-turrets and mercenaries consistently missing their targets, people winning hand-to-hand combat with bulletproof robots, and lightspeed typing hackers. Oh, and don't forget the classic "I believe in my partner" line, "makasero-meter" was off the scale.
Sadly I have to agree with everything said above, I expected more from this show, looks like this whole season was a run for the money, riding on nostalgia.
At least Azusawa was an interesting character, probably a sole saving grace.

P.S. I LOL'd at the scene when the criminals escape in police vehicles and there's nobody to stop them. Is the whole Public Security really able to mobilize like 20 people in the field, in a multi-million city? In time of crisis on top of that.
matheoo41May 4, 2020 11:35 AM
May 20, 2020 6:05 AM

Dec 2013
Psycho-Pass is back baby! Season 3 definitely impressed me, not only were the new characters interesting but they also showed us the old cast without completely outshining the new guys. Hope there is a season 4 at some point.
May 27, 2020 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
I don't have the energy to write how weird and illogical this was. They ran out of good ideas apparently at the best animation studio in japan. 5/10
Jun 6, 2020 1:16 AM
Aug 2016
Psycho-Pass is a franchise that is half-baked at best.

People are singing praises of the first season, as if it was the perfect sci-fi anime/series they discovered.

Now, I've seen the first 2 seasons a couple of years ago, so I don't really remember keypoints, but I can say that, even though they're not that good, the first season and the Movie after Season 2 are arguably the best this franchise has to offer.

The new Sinners Trilogy is not that bad either, but I question the existence of season 3 and the First Inspector Movie.

They literally dragged for way too long and introduced "Mentalist" abilities, completely throwing the "Logic" and "Realism" that they tried to establish with the previous titles out of the window,had all that bullshit with Congressmen and Bifrost or whatever, uninteresting villians with questionable motifs,and ended explaining nothing about the new inspectors and why they even exist in this franchise.

Watching the Third Sinners Movie, I got baited hard thinking that Kougami is finally returning back to the main cast.

Sci-Fi fiction that tries to be all scientific and realistic can only go so far, especially when it's anime, because script writers will just fart whatever they come up with onto paper and the committee will get impressed and give the green light, when all the work is filled with the most unscientific and unrealistic and unreasonable things anyone can come up with. Especially when Real World "Scientists" are not even sure or have evidence to support the legitimacy of alot of things that are being taken by most people as "Facts" nowadays.

Alot of Logical fallacies that gets spewed by the characters and the Sybil System about Logical and Moral issues that can be rebutted easily to make this kind of setting and world an unreasonable, unnecessary dystopia.

Even the Sybil-System itself is a questionable concept from the get-go.
What, you just take dead people's brains and connect them together to computers and now they're, "God"? Laughable.

Human beings Are human beings, and are not Gods.

Whatever ideas that are in those human brains, it's still isn't anything cohesive that can be taken as ultimate truth. It's just subjective opinions jumbled together and thrown in the AI that supposedly will use to practice fake "wisdom".

I hate how characters just surrender their will to this bullshit of a system, and I'm patiently waiting for when they overthrow this system and implement a better solution learned from a different country that found peace in the chaotic world for example.

Honestly, the only reason I'm still following this Series is because it's a Production IG "production".
Even though the Animation and direction has some hiccups here and there, it's still a solid production.

The team that worked on Ghost in The Shell (1995) and (2004) needs to do a comeback and give us something new there. It's been way overdue for a sequel or a side-story for the original Movies.
virquiliumJun 6, 2020 1:35 AM
Jun 8, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2018
It was alright. The best parts were the shotgun dominator and Kenyuu's sexy voice
ByniavoJun 8, 2020 9:20 AM
Jun 13, 2020 3:20 PM

May 2012
Damn this certainly was amazing. Especially that ending I must say. Really amazed by the continous development of this franchise and the world that this takes place.

With such an ending, I really do wonder what might happen next in this story and would love to see a fourth season as that really could happen even at this stage of the story.

Yea quite impressive in all! Really enjoyed watching this movie/3 episodes combination.

All in all a great watch!
Jun 17, 2020 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad Yayoi is not dead...and she and Shion were together in the end.
I think the ending was pretty good.
Jun 23, 2020 7:47 AM
Jan 2011
I was underwhelmed by season 3, but this movie made it all worth it. Now I just hope we can get Akane and Kogami as the main protagonists again in a fourth season.
Jun 26, 2020 12:11 PM

Aug 2011
But seriously can we talk about the kinda-Beyblade bug fight?

I'm DEAD.

» Escapism.

Jun 29, 2020 8:44 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
My heart, what a heartwarming ending, I love how Akane got her resolution, and of course, the new head chief of the bureau.

Man the line that Arata dropped, the fact that there is a trigger even though Sybil knows everything, there is definitely more to Sybil than we thought we knew. I hope there will be other seasons to follow.
Jul 1, 2020 7:49 PM
Apr 2015
allenjke said:
The last 5 minutes were probably the best ones, again Akane and Kogami being reunited was the best part.
Other than that the movie was decent. So much stuff to take for granted. Still so strange to see Arata like some superhuman.

Glad Yayoi is alive while basically it being a miracle.
Karanamori and her pillbug the MVP. Really like her role in the movie.

Kei's role in the movie feels really strange. I thought him being an inspector will be an important role, but it felt very shallow. And the secret (i think it was a secret) about what happened to his brother, what even happened to that?!
Also still don't really get who was this third congressman. Feels like he was jujst thrown into the season and movie, and that's it.

So some possibilities for another (final) season?! Hope there will be explanation for Akane's imprisonement and Kogami's involvement again. It just seems wrong for Sibyl letting him back again after all stuff with Makishima.
overall 7/10

So about Kei. He played the game as the 13th inspector to find out about what? Just trying to investigate on his own or I guess the truth behind his brothers death? But what was he thinking playing the game and giving the Ai data to Homura? Did he just trust him? Kinda weird? What do you say?
In the end the only secret he found was that the Homura family was somehow involved? Do I remember that correctly? Didn't that other congressman say that to him to try to act for him?
HabakukJul 1, 2020 7:55 PM
Jul 2, 2020 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
Habakuk said:

So about Kei. He played the game as the 13th inspector to find out about what? Just trying to investigate on his own or I guess the truth behind his brothers death? But what was he thinking playing the game and giving the Ai data to Homura? Did he just trust him? Kinda weird? What do you say?
In the end the only secret he found was that the Homura family was somehow involved? Do I remember that correctly? Didn't that other congressman say that to him to try to act for him?

Don't really understand what you asked me, but my point is ths that in the season Kei was very important character on the level of Arata while it was obvious Arata was MC. And Kei becoming Inspector felt like it was important develpoment for his character, but in the movie it just didn't have much impact.

And just who is Homura, he was just thrown into the movie llike it was normal. Mb it was all with the idea for continuation/ending in mind, but otherwise all of it feels questionable.
Jul 2, 2020 6:57 AM
Apr 2015
allenjke said:

Don't really understand what you asked me, but my point is ths that in the season Kei was very important character on the level of Arata while it was obvious Arata was MC. And Kei becoming Inspector felt like it was important develpoment for his character, but in the movie it just didn't have much impact.

And just who is Homura, he was just thrown into the movie llike it was normal. Mb it was all with the idea for continuation/ending in mind, but otherwise all of it feels questionable.

I was just wondering what Kei was thinking playing inspector and not telling anyone. And I also don't quite understand the last thing he said to Shindo. What secret? As far as we know he didn't find anything. I was wondering if it was just the fact that he was an inspector or the thing the other congressman said to him. Something like Homuras family is involved in his brothers death.
Homura is for sure mysterious.
I'd say him being an inspector had a huge impact. He was the one giving Homura that AI data.
Jul 2, 2020 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
Habakuk said:

I was just wondering what Kei was thinking playing inspector and not telling anyone. And I also don't quite understand the last thing he said to Shindo. What secret? As far as we know he didn't find anything. I was wondering if it was just the fact that he was an inspector or the thing the other congressman said to him. Something like Homuras family is involved in his brothers death.
Homura is for sure mysterious.
I'd say him being an inspector had a huge impact. He was the one giving Homura that AI data.

Ok true. he had big impact helping Homura. I should probably phrased it the other way, in season 3 Kei had the role of second MC, really close to Arata, but in movie he was mostly a support. To be fair the movie was about Arata.
Jul 2, 2020 2:00 PM
Apr 2015
allenjke said:

Ok true. he had big impact helping Homura. I should probably phrased it the other way, in season 3 Kei had the role of second MC, really close to Arata, but in movie he was mostly a support. To be fair the movie was about Arata.

Yeah, you're right.
I still wanna know. lol What do you think that secret was Kei mentioned. You know their last scene together when they both said they have secrets but they will tell the other one day. Or I guess it's been a while you've seen the movie.
Shindos secret is obviously that he knows about Sybil and him being criminally asymptomatic.
Jul 3, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
Habakuk said:

Yeah, you're right.
I still wanna know. lol What do you think that secret was Kei mentioned. You know their last scene together when they both said they have secrets but they will tell the other one day. Or I guess it's been a while you've seen the movie.
Shindos secret is obviously that he knows about Sybil and him being criminally asymptomatic.

Yeah, it has been a while. But i think it is kinda both, the info about his brother and him becoming inspector. It's all probably connected in some way as the whole series is. Hope that one day we will see the actual ending.
Jul 6, 2020 7:03 AM
Dec 2019
I love this series man sibila be like to make myself better i just need a arch nemesis .this is peak brainstorming
Jul 6, 2020 7:12 AM
Dec 2019
allenjke said:
Habakuk said:

Yeah, you're right.

Yeah, it has been a while. But i think it is kinda both, the info about his brother and him becoming inspector. It's all probably connected in some way as the whole series is. Hope that one day we will see the actual ending.

I think kei's secret is bifrost is the one that let his wife go not sybil ,so she is kind of a loophole in system and even though his wife may not be dangerous their maybe others bifrost took out but he can't let the secret out and arata's is of course truth behind his father and truth of system
Jul 15, 2020 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty decent conclusion but I found Azusawa just another discount Makishima. We know that he wants to join the Sibyl System but his reasons don't convince me. I'm surprised that everyone important is still alive and I like that they gave Shion more personality that even in the first season she need it. The bug fight was HILARIOUS hahahaha.

About the new characters? I'm a bit disappointed that Kei becoming Inspector was not so important in the movie but at least he still trusts Arata and he even fight Kougami. I'm proud of him.

Pretty good conclusion to S3, Idk why they don't include this along with S3 since the start lol. 7/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2020 8:41 AM

Nov 2019
It's pretty clear they were going for a homage to the mid-season 1 climax here, similar to how the Kei/Torri confrontation earlier was a homage to S1's Akane/Makishima confrontation, but extending it to a 2-hour runtime was most definitely not the way to go.

It's exhausting.

The only really notable part was how they seemed to be aware of how ridiculously OP they made Arata. Like, nice try and all making him a damsel in distress... but that ship has sailed.
Aug 10, 2020 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
I have mixed feelings on this (and s3)… technically I think it was really quite good (animation and sound, even character development), it’s just the oomf that’s missing, idk. It didn’t feel like psycho pass until the last episode, that’s when I got really engaged. Like I loved the showdown between Arata and the villain, it reminded me of Akane. Also the last bit gave me hope for a s4! Maybe this was just a buildup to a new season?

I still think it was overly convoluted but I liked the movie about the same as s3... so I’ll round up to an 8/10 I guess. Have to give props to how they miraculously fixed Mika as a character after all lol
Aug 21, 2020 6:54 PM
Feb 2019
Holy shit. When Shion's pillbug took on all the enemies drones... damn that was cool. Very hype. I love psycho pass
Sep 8, 2020 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
I really hope we get a 4th season. Akane as an enforcer is something I'd def like to see and all the original cast + Arata & Kei together would be badass.

Eoussama said:
My heart, what a heartwarming ending, I love how Akane got her resolution, and of course, the new head chief of the bureau.

Man the line that Arata dropped, the fact that there is a trigger even though Sybil knows everything, there is definitely more to Sybil than we thought we knew. I hope there will be other seasons to follow.

Yes, I loved that line! And how we say they're still responsible for pulling the trigger. It really makes you wonder why Sybill would even add a trigger and not just have the dominator go off the second a target/criminal is in its sights.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeSep 8, 2020 1:15 PM
Sep 16, 2020 1:12 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed this movie. From the beginning it was a cat and mouse chase. Season 3 built up to this because of the new characters. It also did a good job bringing back the old characters for cameos. It answered a lot of questions and also left enough things open ended for a 4th season.
Nov 25, 2020 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
OMG! The rod is in Yayoi's.... heart area?
Koichi! Kisama!!!
Maiko and Kei.
Dat call.
The Homura family developed Bifrost.
Koichi. Kisama!
1/26.
Dem Nanomachines son.
Oh snap! Irie calling Mao out.
Lockdown.
Its them.
Karina.
Shino bringing up the lipstick as a present from someone.
Oh snap! Karina called Arata first rate.

And that was the end of PP3. It was good. Obviously not better than Season 1, just felt different in a good way. Shout out to Pillbug for that amazing fighting scene. Nice seeing Arata parkour as usual. So since Arata didn't give Karina that lipstick, it really is telling that she gave Arata that cologne. lol With that said... Shizuka was the real MVP. He freed Akane.

The GOAT and true MC of PP fucked up Kei. Kei was stupid. If he couldn't beat Nobuchika back in episode 2, what made him think he could challenge the GOAT and true MC of PP? Kougami had to tell him don't even try. LMAO After Case 3, I wanted Kougami to reclaim his birthright. I'm glad he's back, but I'll have to wait a bit longer on that. Happy to see Kougami be the one to pick Akane up.

Lastly, the waifu Frederica looked amazing as always. I'm grateful to the staff that she wasn't a one and done back in Case 2. Her design was too perfect for her not to come back. Hope we can see her be badass again in the future.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 17, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
loved the movie. felt like season 3 part 2, a thorough conclusion to season 3.

i wouldn't mind a season 4 with Arata, Kei, and the return of Akane in the Bureau.
Jan 8, 2021 9:08 AM
Sep 2013
Awesome movie (and opening I might add!!) Loved how well they wrapped up all the character arcs and I am so excited for the prospect of Season 4! KougamixTsunemori moment was so good!
Dec 26, 2021 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
Finally reach the end (i will probably read some of the prequel manga). I have to say the last 15 minutes blowy mind with everything coming together. Also it teases so much for what is coming.

I hope we get the sequel (and probably the end) of the series soon. I want to see if they will take down the Sybil system or it will evolve into a next level after become public (or both).

9/10.
Jan 20, 2022 9:15 AM
Jan 2021
Finally watched the Season 3 and first inspector after shelving it for a few years.... Just WOW... it amazes me with how dissapointing it got.

I watched the first season and the movie and thought that they were amazing(story, characters, theme, atmosphere). Then I watched 2nd season and fell in love with it because of how unique it was by taking different themes(diverged a bit from the 1st season and not as grounded as the 1st season but I'm still fond of it more than the 1st season), great antagonist, amazing chaos-like atmosphere (the feeling that I got when watching it), and the rest of the characters besides the MC have chances to develop but still are not immune to death(it felt realistic) unlike most anime where characters buffed their plot armor when they receive character development. Also, I watched Sinner's of the system and thought it was alright/good, the 2nd case is the best among the 3 IMO.

After that I shelf 3rd season and First Inspector in case I need something good to watch when I need one. Just recently I felt like i want to watch something good and this is the first thing that came to mind so I began to watch it hoping for at least a decent story, I thought it was fine at the beginning but as the story progresses, one of the new Inspector, Arata had actual superpowers? What? Why? I Tried to brush that off but the story just kept getting weirder and weirder(it's just not making much of any sense half of the time) until the end where there's the big cliffhanger for First Inspector that turned out to be nothing important because well everybody got plot armor and Arata turned to be a full fledged Mary Sue(kinda suspecting this after the first case was solved). After finishing both, it feels like I watched a Shōnen.

In short, entranced by the 1st season and Movie, left mesmerized with the 2nd season, The Sinners of the System was alright, and dissapointed with 3rd season and First Inspector.

Hot_Green_TeaJan 20, 2022 9:52 AM
Jun 14, 2022 6:50 AM

Dec 2007
if i wouldn't watch it after pp3 end, FI probably would feel for me more like a movie. watching it after PP3 end made me feel i just watched episode 9 lol.

lol that drones battle was cool.

i feel the characters little losing their affections as.. characters.
maybe it's because kei did nothing in this episode, and arata only slept and were chained to the chair.
apart from that this episode had very good tension.

killing the bureau chief, yeah that will mean one less brain to sybil lol.
Jun 16, 2022 10:45 PM
Jan 2021
To be honest it looks like a worthy conclusion of Season 3. I am happy that Yayoi and Shion are still alive, Akane being released on prison and reunited with Kogami. The problems from the main cast was solved in the end. I wonder what would be the next for Psycho Pass?

8.5/10
Jul 13, 2022 6:12 AM

Aug 2017
Well, I didn't dislike the 3rd season+ this, but it wasn't really good either. Mental Trace is just as unexplained as ever and is a pretty stupid "ability". I tried to explain it "scientifically" through the world but I just can't even if I try. Mika is there just to provide funny faces and nothing else, it seems. Kogami, Gino&Co are more or less reduced to just dudes who can fight really well. S3 felt more like a procedural police drama than Psycho-Pass proper, and the movie is basically a long locked building hostage crisis that has been done before. The isolated cases in S3 were fairly interesting to follow, but the overall plot is just meh.

Bifrost apparently has been existing for years ever since the early phases of Sybil but we're seeing its effects only now? Okay.
Jul 16, 2022 6:44 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
The modded pillbug has become my favorite character of this episode lmao

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Aug 25, 2022 10:36 PM
Jul 2022
what a fun time, cant wait for the next iteration. 7 out of 10 from me on this one. honestly i've enjoyed most everything besides season 2 and the first of the case movies to a point. Bye psycho pass peeps until the next one :D.
Oct 30, 2022 9:44 PM

Mar 2015
That was a nice action movie, but It's a bit disappointing as a conclusion for the 3rd season. Kei's 'betrayal' leads to nowhere, the Bifrost and round robin story are just thoroughly skimmed, and what was the male Pathfinder talking about with Kougami.. something about avenging his kids or something? I wish we got to learn more about their past. I was also expecting Shindou's psychic abilities to be somehow linked to the Sibyl system or at least get a soft sci-fi explanation, but I guess it's not.

In conclusion, an anticlimactic and rushed ending for the 3rd season IMO. 7/10

I still appreciate getting more Psycho pass though. So yeah I'm still interested in the next movie.
Apr 25, 2023 11:44 PM

May 2010
Okay, apparently this is split into 3 parts yet all the posts here are talking about the whole thing. Does this just mean MAL split it recently, and didn't think that this would put all the spoilers into the discussion of the first third? I'm lucky I noticed what was going on and scrolled past all the posts. 

Anyways, apparently I alone on this board am 1/3 of the way through, but all I can say is that I'm not impressed. Especially with the drone battle, which was some cheesy garbage. But in general it feels like they threw a lot out the window just for the sake of getting more action, and I don't expect them to justify how it was all possible by the end. 

---------

Am I the first person to get a first post on a popular series that aired 2 years previously? 

I would say something about this episode, but instead I'd rather gloat. I seriously think that I might be the Neil Armstrong of MAL posters right now. Who else besides me has gotten a first on an episode two years after it aired? I'd like to thank Jesus first, and then my family, and then my friends...

Umm, so I guess I should say something about the episode though. Yeah it sucked. My early concern after the first episode was that this would be some hype action BS that throws out all the worldbuilding to this point. It seems like my concern was correct. I guess the action scenes weren't bad though, aside from the absurdity of fighting a robot hand to hand. 

---------

Ending was alright, I whined a bit in the midpoints but I think this episode at least brought closure. Complaints are still valid of course, for example I will never be able to take kung-fu fighting against a robot seriously. But I did enjoy how they tied up the Bifrost arc with Sybil's victory in a long chess match that we were unknowingly watching this whole time. It made this a bit more interesting than a mere procedural drama, although still far inferior to season 1.
anime-primeMay 14, 2023 10:42 AM
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 25, 2023 11:54 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Seabury said:
Okay, apparently this is split into 3 parts yet all the posts here are talking about the whole thing. Does this just mean MAL split it recently, and didn't think that this would put all the spoilers into the discussion of the first third? I'm lucky I noticed what was going on and scrolled past all the posts. 

Anyways, apparently I alone on this board am 1/3 of the way through, but all I can say is that I'm not impressed. Especially with the drone battle, which was some cheesy garbage. But in general it feels like they threw a lot out the window just for the sake of getting more action, and I don't expect them to justify how it was all possible by the end. 
Yeah, it way originally listed at 1 episode/movie. I will make a mod note in the first post later today when I have time clarifying the situation. Thanks!
May 17, 2023 8:58 AM
Feb 2021
I'm sorry this is just my opinion. I felt that the villain in the third season left a lot to be desired
Jun 23, 2023 12:33 AM

Dec 2022
This movie is the optimal choice for mindless action. It's two straight hours of competently animated combat, parkour and explosions. On the other hand, the plot isn't overly engaging, and overextends itself by having to wrap up all the variables and subplots this seasons didn't resolve beforehand. Bifrost were laughably underused as well, amounting to nothing more than an irrelevant shadowy collective promptly used and disposed of by a double agent. For some reason, this season also dabbled extensively in interpersonal drama and political intrigue, the latter of which shouldn't have meant anything under Sybil to begin with. The core themes and plot of a Psycho-Pass season should be neatly compressed into a nice package and delivered to the viewer, not obfusticated with a thousand new plot points and events that just screech to a halt abruptly.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Jul 15, 2023 5:38 AM
Dec 2021
not bad compared to S2 garbage and S3 train wreck. it's amazing what can happen when you include most of the original cast with the OG music. fight scenes were decent. 7/10
Aug 23, 2023 11:34 PM
Jul 2021
Cater to the western woke mob and you get this dumpster fire, plain and simple. Enough said.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» The staff should go to McDonald's to work

TommiVate - Jun 5, 2020

5 by watsym »»
Jul 28, 5:52 AM

» How things should turned out after season 1 rather than now ?

MujheKyunNikala - Aug 14, 2020

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 16, 5:25 AM

» Regarding Akane [SPOILER for the ending]

Andreicus - Apr 12, 2020

10 by TaelFayre »»
Apr 3, 2023 9:25 PM

» Physical Release??

kingdude267 - Aug 22, 2022

2 by kingdude267 »»
Aug 28, 2022 11:47 PM

Poll: » Will we get a Season 4?

Kazgrewkogami - Aug 2, 2020

27 by PandanLeafSan »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.