Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2008
I have no idea what did i see, but i definitely enjoyed it a lot more than the past few episodes.
Feb 2, 2014 2:00 PM
Jan 2014
sentience said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Oh and to those who watch kill la kill

Too ironic for my tastes, especially when that was rather well-received in Kill La Kill and this isn't coming out too well for Samurai Flamenco.

I'd say it was well recieved in Kill la Kill because kill la kill makes no sense since episode one. its just mindless action and stupid plot twists. Nothing on KLK is impressive, just random garbage.
Feb 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting change of events.
Not bad.
Feb 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:
Interesting change of events.
Not bad.

Yeah, it's not bad, it's awful.
Feb 2, 2014 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
We need a Mr Justice and Red Axe team up right now.
Feb 2, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
MR JUSTICE SAYS MURRICA!

The plot twist makes sense though. The alien invasion? It was just too far off to make sense. It seemed from the beginning to be like a show.

Government being corrupt not surprising at all.

In the end he'll need his old friends to help him out.
Feb 2, 2014 10:50 PM
May 2012
REALLY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

IT WAS ALL GOVERNMENT'S CONSPIRACY?!

What's gonna happen next?! GODDAMN THERE IS NO NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW WHATSOEVER (That's Noitamina for us)!
Feb 3, 2014 7:10 PM
May 2012
I guess I am the only person who asking any questions regarding this one but NO one will ever know.

We'll just have to wait & see. *sigh*
Feb 3, 2014 9:44 PM

May 2012
JRadagast said:
I'd say it was well recieved in Kill la Kill because kill la kill makes no sense since episode one. its just mindless action and stupid plot twists. Nothing on KLK is impressive, just random garbage.

I beg to differ, the parts that make sense are actually hidden behind the more intricate designs in Kill la Kill. Only people who know these cultural references will get it. Random garbage is an understatement.

The story and setting here is incredibly messed up, unlike KLK where we already know from first episode what to expect.
sentienceFeb 3, 2014 9:48 PM
Feb 4, 2014 6:54 AM
Dec 2010
Oh great, and here comes the "Good guys are accused of being the bad guys all along by a government that is actually the main evil force after all" twist. Just when you think this show can't add anymore generic plot twists. I have followed this show so far despite all the ridiculous twists, put with this stupid twist, I'm not sure I can't be bothered anymore.

Kinda reminds me of the WWE though.

"It's me, Flamenco! It was me all along, Flamenco!"
Feb 4, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2009
lol. Well at least no more fighting retarded monsters. Though I do like how they are parodying all these classic superhero plot twists.
Feb 4, 2014 4:05 PM

Feb 2012
Gsimp said:
Oh great, and here comes the "Good guys are accused of being the bad guys all along by a government that is actually the main evil force after all" twist. Just when you think this show can't add anymore generic plot twists. I have followed this show so far despite all the ridiculous twists, put with this stupid twist, I'm not sure I can't be bothered anymore.

yeah you stuck around this long yet you couldn't figure out such an easy twist was coming. props :P
Feb 4, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2014
Man, I love this show.

Justice was great.

Nice Justice!
Feb 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2012
I know I've said this before, but I'd just like to say it again when I see it again. This series fees like it does everything on a whim . .

Feb 4, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
Gsimp said:

yeah you stuck around this long yet you couldn't figure out such an easy twist was coming. props :P
Well, I think it's more believing they wouldn't possibly pull any more overused cliches out their ass. Personally I'm hating what they've done the last couple episodes, but I have a feeling/hope there's going to be a pretty decent payoff in the end.
Feb 5, 2014 4:50 PM

May 2012
Solkiskey said:
Hahaha what?

This show is so fucking horrible

thats why its funny to watch
Feb 6, 2014 2:32 AM
May 2012
Gsimp said:

Your post kinda reminds me from TIGER & BUNNY where:

Feb 6, 2014 2:35 AM
May 2012
Did the Prime Minister had an evil super powers? How the hell FlamenBlue get beaten so easily just like that?!
Feb 6, 2014 6:58 PM
May 2012
2nd, What a dumbass that MR Justice is. He didn't took out the sniper on the chopper completely till the let him getting hit by a tranquiler.

*cricket sound*

Why am I the only person who've been asking a questions but NO one cares?
Feb 7, 2014 12:04 AM

Feb 2012
JeffreyZin said:
2nd, What a dumbass that MR Justice is. He didn't took out the sniper on the chopper completely till the let him getting hit by a tranquiler.

*cricket sound*

Why am I the only person who've been asking a questions but NO one cares?

These are all questions that we have to kinda wait to see...no?

on a side note, the reason why people don't answer any questions here is because most of them don't know jack. Most people watching this show don't even pay attention. They see stuff happening and all they can really say is OMG RANDOM or WOW THIS MAKES NO SENSE, which is really saying that they don't have the capacity or the patience to put the effort into trying to understand the story. Personally I think the show is pretty damn simple to understand once you get to ep 15/16 though.
Feb 7, 2014 4:40 AM
May 2012
and second of all, since when this show has suddenly turned into Watchmen (2009) where the superheroes are all evils?
Feb 7, 2014 4:46 AM

Aug 2011
Really good episode, I thought. I pray we get a Samurai Flamenco fighting game with a well-built engine. Imagine that amazing roster.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Feb 7, 2014 5:31 AM
May 2012
jimjameswhatever said:

on a side note, the reason why people don't answer any questions here is because most of them don't know jack. Most people watching this show don't even pay attention. They see stuff happening and all they can really say is OMG RANDOM or WOW THIS MAKES NO SENSE, which is really saying that they don't have the capacity or the patience to put the effort into trying to understand the story. Personally I think the show is pretty damn simple to understand once you get to ep 15/16 though.

Like I said, I hope there's a SPOILERS & Speculation or something. Talk about curiosities, my friend.

I don't know but for me I cannot believe from what I just witnessed till it left me speechless.

JafriZinFeb 7, 2014 7:15 AM
Feb 7, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2012
JeffreyZin said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Like I said, I hope there's a SPOILERS & Speculation or something. Talk about curiosities, my friend.

I don't know but for me I cannot believe from what I just witnessed till it left me speechless.

I've been speculating the government conspiracy for quite a while...that one was pretty obvious.
Right now I'm pretty sure the Prime Minister has another ace up his sleeve. Either ties to some evil organization or has super hero technology of his own
Feb 9, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2009
I believe this whole crazy plot twist serves the purpose of bringing Masayoshi back to the start. Guess we'll see the Goto x Masayoshi duo + the scientist guy and probably (although I don't really want to) maybe even the FL Girls!!! >.>

But the episode was so unpredictable, I stopped wondering what will happen next a long time ago and let myself be amazed with every coming ep. This Mr Justice is so American-like! XD To think that they'd bring USA into this!! :D Anyway, can't wait for the next episode!! ^^

I thought the rest of the Flamengers' gang would at least put up a fight...But it was only Soichi who tried to do something, that damn Prime Minister, I didn't expect him to be such an evildoer!!! -.-''' Seems like he got the bomb he wanted in the beginning of the ep!! ;D Though he used it on Soichi! >.>
Feb 9, 2014 6:20 PM
May 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
Right now I'm pretty sure the Prime Minister has another ace up his sleeve. Either ties to some evil organization or has super hero technology of his own

That king Torture & From Beyond was actually part of his evil plan.

Kikimorka said:
I thought the rest of the Flamengers' gang would at least put up a fight...But it was only Soichi who tried to do something, that damn Prime Minister, I didn't expect him to be such an evildoer!!! -.-''' Seems like he got the bomb he wanted in the beginning of the ep!! ;D Though he used it on Soichi! >.>

YEAH SERIOUSLY! The fuck was that all about?!

It seems that Flamenco was getting back into it's roots. Whoever drops this is just unfair. You'll never know what's coming.
Feb 18, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
@Kikimorka

Pink, Green, and Black were actually just providing cover and distraction while Blue made his way to the Prime Minister's Office to find out what was going on. Once that was accomplished it made sense to allow themselves to go with Plan A (surrender and try to clear your name) because that's what good citizens do...(Remember the attitudes towards public order in the country where this was made.) So does this mean that Flamenco has to reunite with his original team of supporters (including manager and the muckraking web journalist)?

And of course the best moment of the whole episode was when the victory parade passed Red Axe and Pink and his wife glared daggers at each other...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 24, 2014 3:11 AM

Mar 2008
BAD JUSTICE BEAM. TRUCK OF THE USA.

I don't know how many more tropes there are for this show to devour, but it's beautiful.
Feb 27, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
So the goverment is evil. So this show went to being realistic, lol.

Btw i had to laugh at the American hero cliche with the big flag and all that. He really was so American.

jimjameswhatever said:

Oh and to those who watch kill la kill

Aren't they? That prime minister didn't exactly seem normal punching a hole in the earth.
MonadFeb 27, 2014 1:57 PM
Feb 27, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
JeffreyZin said:
Gsimp said:

"Son of a b*tch!" LOL

JefferyZin said:
Your post kinda reminds me from TIGER & BUNNY where:

THIS! It really feels like the final arc of that show (only more realistic-ish). Just replace 'Kotetsu" with "Masayoshi".

However there's one thing that doesn't make sense with me...if the government is the one pulling all the strings then WHERE DID THEY GET TECHNOLOGY THAT CAN CREATE MONSTERS? I mean, you can't turn a human into a guillotine gorilla without something created outside of Earth!
Mar 9, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
SoulReaver19 said:
"I'll ask America to drop a bomb on it"

lol

wong on so many levels lol
Mar 16, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2011
LOL ANOTHER TWIST, twas amazing. That PM defeated Flamen Blue so easily, just wow..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 2, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2012
Well this is getting quite interesting! Let's see what's next.
May 27, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2014
Finally, I feel as if Samurai Flamenco has hit its stride. From subgenre to subgenre. Unpredictable as hell but enjoyable nonetheless. JUSTICE
Jul 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
im getting sick of all these plot twists
Aug 26, 2014 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
And they kill the leader, the enemies disappeared, they won, they celebrate, and they're capturing the Flamengers. Wow, just wow -_-
I think the leader of from beyond is still alive and he can transform his appearance and now he is the Prime Minister. Looked just like that.
Lol Mister Justice. Beam! Beam! Beam! Ahahha. I bet he is Kaname.
Oct 11, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
That American super hero was pretty funny

When he was humming that American anthem it made me laugh.
Nov 28, 2014 1:27 PM
Oct 2014
Now finally everything makes sense! Thanks God!
Wow! So much happened in this episode, I can't even recollect all.
The government initiated all. That...wow. Revealed unspectacular by the way by Mr. Justice and because of this not really shocking, but still...
Don't arrest them. All the heroes...You dumb people.
I just never can sense what's going to happen next. Surprise after Surprise.

Did anyone understand why he shot himself? Good, I didn't. He talked, and talked and talked and didn't say anything, if you know what I mean. I can't really follow the anime anymore.;A;
Though I liked the end, that he decided to die and all were saved. Another thing I didn't think of.

Mr. Justice. Sings the hymn, drives in a flashy american truck, eats cornflakes and shoots a laser out of his star on the breast, yes. AMERICA.
And he was like: "Go! I'll die here for you!" and Masayoshi was like: "'kay, bye!"
Since when is he like that, that was kind of ooc, but whatever. Maybe it was what the situation has asked for, but still seemed weird.

Another intense episode this was! I hope Samurai Flamenco now gets serious! This monster and alien shit is over! Celebrate people, celebrate! Shout out to the guys who stayed with this anime! I see good things coming!
So, Run Masayoshi! Run and escape!
Dec 21, 2014 11:09 PM
Dec 2014
this is a fucking masterpiece i am truly sorry for anyone who decided to drop this at the gorilla
Mar 26, 2015 10:46 PM

Feb 2013
WHAT"S GOING ON!? From one problem to another! Can he take a break!

Justice! Beam! Beam! Beam! Beam! lol
Nov 17, 2015 9:13 AM

Feb 2012
Government/Protagonist side gets infiltrated by bad guys, now all that is left of the protagonists are branded as enemies of the state.

Loving how they are trying every storyline possible. We went from Kick-Ass to Akibaranger and now Captain America 2/Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Only now have I realized all the names of the Flamengers except for Masayoshi are color puns.
Blue: Aoshima Souichi
Green: Midorikawa Hekiru
Black: Kuroki Anji
Pink: Momoi Sakura

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 17, 2015 9:14 AM

Feb 2012
I hope we see more of Mr. Justice.

Nov 17, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2012
asume5 said:
We need a Mr Justice and Red Axe team up right now.
So much GAR!

Apr 7, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
I am actually enjoying this a lot more than I should be, although the twist in this episode was a lot more down-to-earth than the previous stuff.
Aug 31, 2016 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
Just when we thought the tropes were over it goes to 11.
Apr 3, 2017 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Thank god all those convoluted plot lines are hopefully over with. Now it's Hazama vs the government, which will be a lot more interesting to watch...and now that all of these heroes have been apprehended Goto and the others can join in again!
Sep 25, 2017 12:32 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OMG Enter Captain America LOL and all the superheroes ARRESTED wtf!? LMAO Crazy show XDDD NICE TWIST!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 10, 2020 6:13 PM
Jun 2020
"It's still safer than a New York intersection.“ LOL 😂
May 13, 2021 1:30 AM

May 2020
And now we have our much awaited "Hero is framed for a crime they didn't commit" plot. Let's see where this goes.
Aug 17, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2019
The Framed Hero arc it seems. I like how that will go, if I was more experienced in hero stuff I'd probably would have guessed that. Also I quite like Mister Justice, but he got taken down real quick.

Maybe Flamenco Girls will help SF, idk, see where this goes.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.