Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 23, 2:08 AM
Sep 2016
NGL, last EP kinda bombed. The first half is just SOOOO BAAAAD!!! If only they did the first half better, the second half can become so much more emotional.... So much wasted potentials, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

- Mello's chara needs more explorations, so that Mello & Kano's reconciliation would not feel SO FORCED as it was this EP.
- Yukine needs more exploration.... SO MUCH MORE explorations. I always know she's good from the start, but even then, her affections for Kano in this last EP was SOOO FORCED. In fact, the entire Hayakawa family need more explorations!!!!
- They should spend an EP to bring open a 4-way confrontation between Mahiru x Yukine x Mello x Kano, to flesh out all of the above issues properly. And only THEN make the last EP the performance EP instead, as a form of conclusion.
- Seriously, this series needs more EPs to work with. 12 EPs on story this complex will never be enough.

That being said, they springkled some unexplored contents in the last few EPs, esp. regarding Kano's dad. Possible 2nd Season?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 23, 3:06 AM
Dec 2017
So what was the point of Koharu being in the story? She's just a creep and that's it.
Jun 23, 3:40 AM

Feb 2020
It was ok. It had a strong start but fell off really hard in the end. I mean, all that buildup, just for it to be resolved in the final episode's first 5 minutes. It felt... really rushed. Like, really REALLY rushed. Also, I have no idea why they wanted to make this seem like a Yuri yet just throw that shit out completely. Like, why even add it to begin with if you're not going to commit? I know Yuri bait shows exist, but this one just didn't make sense in the slightest. A lot of "Yuri bait" shows that I've seen like lycoris recoil didn't make me feel unsatisfied like this anime did, so I don't know why they even added it in the first place. Made it feel like they just added it for pure fan service, which I don't really like. It just, doesn't add anything to the story. Other than that, they also added a lot of side characters to the story that just didn't do anything for the story. Like that girl who talked with Kiui while playing video games. I completely forgot she even existed till she appeared again in this episode. It was like, her whole existence was meaningless.

Complains aside, it was still a good experience. The show feels like a love letter for artists in many fields such as music, art, content creation. I think they did it splendidly. It has a unique art style to back up this story about artists working together as a group. The group's cast are interesting, with unique design. Love Kiui the most out of all of them, and I think her struggles feel the most real to me. Kano was good too, her feeling of wanting to be recognized is one I can relate to a lot. Mahiru's artblock struggles and seeing her overcome it is inspiring. As for kimura... Well, she's cool I guess. Not my favorite personally but there's nothing wrong with her character and I'm sure people can relate to a lot of what she goes through as well, just not for me. .

Overall, it was alright at best. Could've been more. 7/10
jsookaJun 23, 3:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 4:18 AM
Jun 2019
meh last episode, show peaked at episode 8
Jun 23, 4:20 AM
Mar 2018
I'm not sure whether to give this a 6 or a 7. I loved it early on, but the magic disappeared over time. I didn't feel anything for the characters by the end.

The way Mahiru brought up reciprocating again made me think "oh, you owe someone a kiss then", but no. That may have actually been the best part of the episode had it have happened, given the rest of it was a convenient and tidy mess.
Jun 23, 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
The final 2 episodes were kinda rushed, especially the last one, but overall an enjoyable way to end the story.
Jun 23, 5:35 AM

Jun 2019
My 276th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.

Jun 23, 9:13 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to saikyozero
@IzanaSolos ah yes, the generation of overexaggeration., how can you go all day when there are only 2 other better shows as per your opinion? get a hold of reality man
@saikyozero Lol, didn't you originally ask him to name anything better this season, and didn't he provide you with two examples with objectively higher scores? Just take the L.

I mean, it's your opinion that Kurage is better than the other two, but majority opinion says otherwise.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 23, 9:35 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to watsym
@stevejawbs she wanted to be recognised as her daughter and by using her real name instead of her stage one she took it as confirmation that her mom sees her for who she is.
Also reconfirmation, she shows up at the school later.
I do have to say that I hate the handling for the mom. She is readily accepted as a 'good mom', past issues are immediately disregarded, basically boiled down to bullshit misunderstanding. 'She was a good mom all along', but they just didn't talk about it after her mom prioritised her own carrer over her child and so the misunderstanding took until Kano herself figured it out that it wasn't like that. The mom-daughter don't even have a conversation afterwards.
@watsym Right, yeah that makes sense. I still think there were way more benefits to credit Kano with her real name and only downsides to credit her as Nonoka, making it a purely business decision to do so. But I can see how Kano interpreted that as her accepting who she is, although again, we haven't seen any scenes to know if the mom kept calling her Nonoka after she retired from that name.

The way I interpreted the graduation scene was that Kano is moving on from her, getting past her desire of trying to impress her. I don't think she's accepted as a 'good mom', rather just someone that Kano is indifferent to now, instead of someone she hated. Kano tells her "I made your dream come true" (of having an audience of 50k), then walks away from her, ready to move forward to a life without her.

But yeah the mom definitely needed way more time to flesh out her character. Same with Mero; it made no sense that in the previous episode, she was played off as "just griping online" by Yoru, despite her explicitly ruining the lives of other idol groups intentionally. Now she's friends with Kano again, because I guess she's not a terrible person anymore? Who knows.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 23, 9:59 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
@watsym Right, yeah that makes sense. I still think there were way more benefits to credit Kano with her real name and only downsides to credit her as Nonoka, making it a purely business decision to do so. But I can see how Kano interpreted that as her accepting who she is, although again, we haven't seen any scenes to know if the mom kept calling her Nonoka after she retired from that name.

The way I interpreted the graduation scene was that Kano is moving on from her, getting past her desire of trying to impress her. I don't think she's accepted as a 'good mom', rather just someone that Kano is indifferent to now, instead of someone she hated. Kano tells her "I made your dream come true" (of having an audience of 50k), then walks away from her, ready to move forward to a life without her.

But yeah the mom definitely needed way more time to flesh out her character. Same with Mero; it made no sense that in the previous episode, she was played off as "just griping online" by Yoru, despite her explicitly ruining the lives of other idol groups intentionally. Now she's friends with Kano again, because I guess she's not a terrible person anymore? Who knows.
@stevejawbs This has been seen in many animes. Dramas are generated with fathers or mothers and in the end it was not a big deal. The graduation scene (as I see it) It is not a distancing on Kano's part from his mother. because his Expression says the opposite, he is surprised to see her there and smiles, and after saying "I have fulfilled your dream" his mother congratulates him on his graduation and calls him by name and he smiles again. So much Maru how the mother have been poorly developed, it would have taken 4/5 more episodes to develop them. Greetings
Jun 23, 11:17 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to stevejawbs
@saikyozero Lol, didn't you originally ask him to name anything better this season, and didn't he provide you with two examples with objectively higher scores? Just take the L.

I mean, it's your opinion that Kurage is better than the other two, but majority opinion says otherwise.
@stevejawbs LMAO clearly defending another member of the exaggeration generation. Clearly both of you have lower comprehension so I'll make it clear. He said he can go all day to name animes with same "genre" with higher numbers when clearly there are only two.
Jun 23, 11:28 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to stevejawbs

@stevejawbs "Majority" LMAO. Again with the overexagerration. As original commenter said, Girls Band Cry wasn't even completed so its rating can still tank. Another addition to my reasoning, not even half many number of people watched GBC than this anime.

If you like your GBC then so be it, but at least learn to use proper adjectives. Not everything should be labeled best, worst, etc.
Jun 23, 12:27 PM

Jun 2019
BladeX05 said:
Also, they stated Kano punched Mero for no reason, they simple covered up what Mero did was borderline crime, and made Kano the bad person.
But what really bothers me that non of them got repentance, like admitting they were doing something wrong, and apologize.

Why? It's realistic. Characters like that - people like that, don't actually think they were in the wrong, so why would they say that which they don't consider true? Even those who are intelligent and with enough of an open mind to understand others' perspectives may understand full well why what they did would be perceived as and considered to be harsh, cruel, and condemned by others, and they may not even take any pleasure at all in hurting others (Mero hurting those random idol groups' and their singers' reputations and careers; Yukine hurting her daughter through neglect and distancing herself from her), but they still think it's more justified than not in the end.

But that also doesn't mean they're single-minded monsters with one personality trait defining them, or if their kinder and more pleasant sides and actions are shown that the show is then somehow whitewashing or glorifying them. People are complex and can be more than one thing. The good doesn't negate the bad or vice versa. It's much more realistic and credible to the narrative if they instead just go on like flawed people. I.e. like many many real people.
Jun 23, 4:02 PM
May 2024
the first 9 episodes had me convinced this would be my faveroute show of all time, but the it kind of just, lost all hope with 10-12. I think the main issue is time, it should've been keeping 10 and 11 be side plots but have ep 12 be an extended episode, it suffered from being too short to include everything within its finale.

Then there is the Yuri issue, or more accurately the lack there-of. It had such a strong build up - Kiss on the cheek, a love confession in the lyrics, "there's someone I'm interested in" - yet they did nothing of it?!

still I'd give this show a 9.5+, fantastic visuals and music with good (and in my case very relatable with Mahiru) characters, it just suffers from a poor ending.
Jun 23, 4:06 PM
May 2024
Next, I won't expect much from Doga Kobo's anime, only the first 9 episodes are interesting, the rest...is full of rubbish!!!
Jun 23, 6:32 PM

Nov 2018
It seems like the cool thing to do is ride the wave of hate, and criticize this anime to hell and back, but I really loved it! I personally think it will be looked at much more fondly in years to come as a solid anime original despite this early criticism, like Flip Flappers, Kyousougiga, Yuri Kuma Arashi, etc. It stayed in its lane, kept things simple, the production was good, the characters and their interactions were cute and wholesome, and it never had any big fumbles like Wonder Egg Priority. I think maybe some people were putting unrealistic expectations on a series that showed its hand early as a cute, escapist, over-the-top comedy-drama, and stuck to its guns until the end. It never tried or appeared to be anything other than that, so it looks like there was quite a bit of misguided hope in the direction it was going after the first several episodes.

Great production, adorable cast of characters, and some nice funny and emotional moments sprinkled in! Always happy to see new strong anime originals! :)
Jun 23, 7:13 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to rheasilvia
@Softhenic03 we all? I have been saying that for a month now. From the start there never was an antagonist, a story and a conflict doesn't require one.

I like how at the finale everyone has pretty much a thing going for them but Kano's onee-chan only sleeping at the car, the manager just watching store as usual, and Koharu take another plastic surgery.

What I didn't like though, despite being an advocate of "Yukine and Mero did nothing wrong", I don't think Mero deserve hanging out with Kano at the end.
@rheasilvia I disagree with your point on Mero. We clearly saw she felt regret over what happened with Kano since she was the reason she got kicked out. She didn't want to outreach to her because she didn't feel like she deserved to but after yelling encouragement at Kano for her performance she felt like they could reconnect again to reconcile. Would of been nice for things to be fleshed out further with a 13th episode but I don't think that part was undeserved.

I do agree about this bizarre notion that Yukine was "evil"... like... nothing we were shown ever indicated anything of the sort. It was always preposterous, hence the scare quotes around "evil". She's a pro's pro, she had to kick Kano out, even if she was her daughter. People apparently just HAVE to have an antagonist to understand a story lol, even though it was obvious that wasn't going to be Yukine's role very quickly.
Jun 23, 7:16 PM
Jun 2023
@animegamer245 People treat everything so simply... people are either horrible or wonderful, there's no middle ground or complexity allowed for characters. Not like human beings aren't mostly within shades of grey or anything...
Jun 23, 7:20 PM
Jun 2023
@KeepCalmAndMal Yukine was never "mean", she was a "pros pro". That's why she kicked Kano out. She had to as the producer. She didn't make some major change in her character, she just let the person that she told was an amazing singer... sing at a collaboration concert... SHOCKING!

The father's appearance was just because no other character could realistically provide the information needed for that episode. That's why they didn't bring him back for more screen time, already got too many things to focus on.
SeansyJun 23, 8:05 PM
Jun 23, 7:33 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to watsym
@stevejawbs she wanted to be recognised as her daughter and by using her real name instead of her stage one she took it as confirmation that her mom sees her for who she is.
Also reconfirmation, she shows up at the school later.
I do have to say that I hate the handling for the mom. She is readily accepted as a 'good mom', past issues are immediately disregarded, basically boiled down to bullshit misunderstanding. 'She was a good mom all along', but they just didn't talk about it after her mom prioritised her own carrer over her child and so the misunderstanding took until Kano herself figured it out that it wasn't like that. The mom-daughter don't even have a conversation afterwards.
@watsym @stevejawbs

Wtf??? She didn't magically become a "good mom" at the end? She was never a good mom all along! That's the whole reason Kano blows her off after school! Just because she wants her mom's validation doesn't mean she's forgiven her for everything she did lol.
Jun 23, 7:43 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos
@saikyozero I'll gladly name one better just in this season alone, Girls Band Cry, which fyi, has a higher score than this and it's not even done airing lol. There's also Hibike S3, I can go on all day.
@IzanaSolos Love Hibike S3 but I had to drop GBC after 3 episodes. Nina was just way too annoying and frustrating to tolerate, made the drama unrealistic and unbearable for me. I also hated the CG too. The 2D animation of the girls looked so good in the OP too! I wish they had used that instead of the CG.
Jun 23, 7:47 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Sondfer
So what was the point of Koharu being in the story? She's just a creep and that's it.
@Sondfer She's there for Kiui's gender dysphoria. Her plastic surgery to remake her body as she believes it should be is a contrast to Kiui's Vtuber character being androgynous. That's why she mentions the recovery for her nose job in the episode.
Jun 23, 7:50 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to jsooka
It was ok. It had a strong start but fell off really hard in the end. I mean, all that buildup, just for it to be resolved in the final episode's first 5 minutes. It felt... really rushed. Like, really REALLY rushed. Also, I have no idea why they wanted to make this seem like a Yuri yet just throw that shit out completely. Like, why even add it to begin with if you're not going to commit? I know Yuri bait shows exist, but this one just didn't make sense in the slightest. A lot of "Yuri bait" shows that I've seen like lycoris recoil didn't make me feel unsatisfied like this anime did, so I don't know why they even added it in the first place. Made it feel like they just added it for pure fan service, which I don't really like. It just, doesn't add anything to the story. Other than that, they also added a lot of side characters to the story that just didn't do anything for the story. Like that girl who talked with Kiui while playing video games. I completely forgot she even existed till she appeared again in this episode. It was like, her whole existence was meaningless.

Complains aside, it was still a good experience. The show feels like a love letter for artists in many fields such as music, art, content creation. I think they did it splendidly. It has a unique art style to back up this story about artists working together as a group. The group's cast are interesting, with unique design. Love Kiui the most out of all of them, and I think her struggles feel the most real to me. Kano was good too, her feeling of wanting to be recognized is one I can relate to a lot. Mahiru's artblock struggles and seeing her overcome it is inspiring. As for kimura... Well, she's cool I guess. Not my favorite personally but there's nothing wrong with her character and I'm sure people can relate to a lot of what she goes through as well, just not for me. .

Overall, it was alright at best. Could've been more. 7/10
@jsooka Koharu is there for Kiui's gender dysphoria. Her plastic surgery to remake her body as she believes it should be is a contrast to Kiui's Vtuber character being androgynous. That's why she mentions the recovery for her nose job in the episode.

Just like how Mama Baba is there for Kano's character as an idol that has to lie about herself to fit in, much like Kano has to become an anonymous artist to keep singing after getting kicked out.
Jun 23, 7:51 PM
Oct 2021
THIS SEASONS MOST DAZZLING EXPERIENCE!
Jun 23, 8:04 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to otherhalfling
It seems like the cool thing to do is ride the wave of hate, and criticize this anime to hell and back, but I really loved it! I personally think it will be looked at much more fondly in years to come as a solid anime original despite this early criticism, like Flip Flappers, Kyousougiga, Yuri Kuma Arashi, etc. It stayed in its lane, kept things simple, the production was good, the characters and their interactions were cute and wholesome, and it never had any big fumbles like Wonder Egg Priority. I think maybe some people were putting unrealistic expectations on a series that showed its hand early as a cute, escapist, over-the-top comedy-drama, and stuck to its guns until the end. It never tried or appeared to be anything other than that, so it looks like there was quite a bit of misguided hope in the direction it was going after the first several episodes.

Great production, adorable cast of characters, and some nice funny and emotional moments sprinkled in! Always happy to see new strong anime originals! :)
@otherhalfling Agreed. I knew shortly after starting it that it was going to be a light hearted coming of age character drama and that's what I got. I know plenty of people disliked the Yuri bait and I cannot blame them for that, but it was never going to be a romance focused story. I would of liked a 13th episode so it had more time to flesh out everything for the ending but it also isn't necessary to show everything that happens when you can easily infer certain results.

Mero reconnecting with Kano, Yukine showing up to Kano's graduation to get brushed off, etc. everything made sense to me within the context of the story. So many people seem to write characters off as being 1 dimensional as "evil" or "good" when the reality is that they are complicated, just like real life. That realism for the characters is why I enjoyed the series so much.
Jun 23, 8:26 PM
Jun 2023
I kind of wish we got a 13th episode to flesh things out further in the story before concluding but I was still quite happy with the ending. A joy from start to finish.
Jun 23, 10:53 PM
Mar 2024
very very disappointed
Jun 24, 9:10 AM
Mar 2013
Reply to Seansy
@rheasilvia I disagree with your point on Mero. We clearly saw she felt regret over what happened with Kano since she was the reason she got kicked out. She didn't want to outreach to her because she didn't feel like she deserved to but after yelling encouragement at Kano for her performance she felt like they could reconnect again to reconcile. Would of been nice for things to be fleshed out further with a 13th episode but I don't think that part was undeserved.

I do agree about this bizarre notion that Yukine was "evil"... like... nothing we were shown ever indicated anything of the sort. It was always preposterous, hence the scare quotes around "evil". She's a pro's pro, she had to kick Kano out, even if she was her daughter. People apparently just HAVE to have an antagonist to understand a story lol, even though it was obvious that wasn't going to be Yukine's role very quickly.
@Seansy Oh I didn't meant that as Mero didn't progress her character. It was more on the side of "She always was about herself and never about hang out even with the other 2 Sunflower Girls. She doesn't deserve being to be friend with Kano out of nowhere since her character is all about being alone."
Jun 24, 9:37 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to rheasilvia
@Seansy Oh I didn't meant that as Mero didn't progress her character. It was more on the side of "She always was about herself and never about hang out even with the other 2 Sunflower Girls. She doesn't deserve being to be friend with Kano out of nowhere since her character is all about being alone."
@rheasilvia Ah, I see. I can understand that.

I think them meeting together once briefly at a coffee shop type place doesn't necessarily mean they are suddenly friends now. I get why people feel that way, but I interpreted it as them meeting to reconcile their underlying conflict. Whether that means they are actually friends or not afterwards is up to people's interpretation.
Jun 24, 11:43 AM
Feb 2023
Fast pace only for "spray tag" lol

There is no explanation reason Kano kiss Yoru lol
Jun 24, 12:22 PM
Nov 2018
This episode felt rushed. How is Mero cool with Kano all of a sudden? Also, while I'm glad Kano walked away from her mother after her graduation, it did feel weird that they tried to act like she wasn't a horrible mother after all when in reality, she was. I've also been hearing everyone scream "Yuri bait" when there was nothing that indicated that Kano and Mahiru weren't into each other. People have to remember that this isn't a romance anime, so they aren't going to have these two confess their love for each other. I've also heard that the light is in fact a Yuri story so if you want those two to get together, you can just read that. Overall, the episode was enjoyable but I feel like all of the drama was solved too quickly (especially for Mero). Also, quick question. Was that guy looking at the painting at the end supposed to be Kano's father? Where has he been this entire time? L father
Jun 24, 1:12 PM
Aug 2022
As a fan of the coming-of-age genre, I'm rooting hard for this type of show. But these last two or three episodes felt so rushed.
I think this show has great potential, which seems to be wasted.

Especially in the last episode. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good episode, but there are so many scenes that are too quick.
If there were one or two more episodes, I believe the ending would hit harder by a lot.

My rating for the early episodes was 8.7/10, and the final rating is 8.1/10.
It is still a very good original anime.
I just realized that there are manga and light novel adaptations, and I might check them out later.
Jun 24, 1:26 PM
Jun 2021
mannn shouldve given this more episodes
Jun 24, 2:43 PM
Sep 2020
@Royalty459 where have you heard that about the LN? I looked on yurinavi, and it doesn't have a 百合公認 (officially recognized yuri) tag, nor does Bookwalker (tho Bookwalker's LN tagging is kinda awful in general)

I've been reading the manga. It's a decent adaptation (doesn't feel quite as magical as the show), but the kiss only just happened, and so far everything has been identical to the movie.

Will happily read the novel if it is... but don't wanna read just to be led on again (I mean I might read anyway, just don't wanna have false hope)
akatsukinolunaJun 24, 2:51 PM
Jun 24, 4:52 PM
Feb 2015
Okay but Mero doing a U-turn to snap Kano out of her sense was really unexpected, that is the most emotion this spunky girl has had all season
I hope that girl can at least get some help or at least a different outlook on life after witnessing Kano having despite being the same as her before, has now found another reason to exist
It was also nice seeing Mero and the girl who slugged her going out for a drink out too 😂

Kano's sis looking all dopey asleep in the car 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

And the comedic cut of Mei fangirling about Kano in a uniform too ahahahhahahah

Man, things got so exciting towards the latter end I couldn't just put it off for another week so just watched it all together, it's been such a journey with all the dumb shit happening but I am glad it had worked out in the end, the end where they're updating the mural was a nice touch to wrap it all

Still not a fan of how Yukine as a character works but some parents are very much tough love with their kids, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm still not a fan tho of how she has raised Kano like a puppet so I'll just leave it at that
At least they somewhat painted her in a better light for the ending but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that she didn't get some kinda retribution for the trauma she has caused Kano to have
Jun 24, 6:02 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to saikyozero
@stevejawbs "Majority" LMAO. Again with the overexagerration. As original commenter said, Girls Band Cry wasn't even completed so its rating can still tank. Another addition to my reasoning, not even half many number of people watched GBC than this anime.

If you like your GBC then so be it, but at least learn to use proper adjectives. Not everything should be labeled best, worst, etc.
I can't tell if you're trolling with this statement:
saikyozero said:
Not everything should be labeled best, worst, etc.

when this was your original comment (emphasis mine):
saikyozero said:
@IzanaSolos Nah, this is the best kind of this season. If you can name anything better, just say it or stop the unnecessary hate. The show is good.

"Majority" as in the majority of people who watched GBC gave it a positive score that allowed it to average an 8.30, and the majority of people who watched Kurage gave it a good enough score that allowed it to average a 7.99. You do know how the scoring system works right?

In terms of comparing total numbers, your assertion is that if GBC gets an additional 11,000 viewers, they would give a score of <= ~7.7 so that it can match Kurage's score. That's statistically not likely to happen; there's nothing inherent about GBC that attracts only certain types of fans, so there's no sample bias here. Regardless, you can't use a negative to prove your own thesis, so at most, this point becomes moot.

Regarding completion: GBC is not going to tank by more than 0.3 to match Kurage's score. Judging by historical anime scores (I can send you a link if you'd like), there's very, very few instances of such a huge drop, and it'd have to be such a terrible ending that it'd be infamous. A good example is Wonder Egg Priority, which had a 0.31 drop after the final episode, and it became known as one of the worst endings of all time in anime. But that's speculative, so I'll come back next week and update you on the score bud!
stevejawbsJun 24, 6:12 PM
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 24, 6:06 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to saikyozero
@stevejawbs LMAO clearly defending another member of the exaggeration generation. Clearly both of you have lower comprehension so I'll make it clear. He said he can go all day to name animes with same "genre" with higher numbers when clearly there are only two.
@saikyozero Okay, but he answered your original challenge. I guess now the hate is justified, and it has your stamp of approval.

saikyozero said:
@IzanaSolos Nah, this is the best kind of this season. If you can name anything better, just say it or stop the unnecessary hate. The show is good.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 24, 6:08 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Seansy
@watsym @stevejawbs

Wtf??? She didn't magically become a "good mom" at the end? She was never a good mom all along! That's the whole reason Kano blows her off after school! Just because she wants her mom's validation doesn't mean she's forgiven her for everything she did lol.
@Seansy Why tag me here lol, I never made that assertion.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 24, 6:20 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to stevejawbs
@Seansy Why tag me here lol, I never made that assertion.
@stevejawbs My bad. Thought you had mentioned it earlier.
Jun 24, 7:04 PM
Feb 2020
The ending is highly disappointing not only because of how rushed and abrupt it is but because of all the inconsistencies that characters like Maru and Kano's mother have in their way of acting, it shows that they needed 3 or 4 more chapters to give coherence to that happy ending that they sought to deliver and what makes it even worse is the excellent work that the series had been doing until chapter 10.
Look, I love this anime too much and that means I can't be as hard on it as I should and above all, this disappointing ending hurts me more than necessary.
PS: It surprises me even more that the majority omits all the obvious flaws in this ending
Jun 24, 7:07 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Jbvasquez123
The ending is highly disappointing not only because of how rushed and abrupt it is but because of all the inconsistencies that characters like Maru and Kano's mother have in their way of acting, it shows that they needed 3 or 4 more chapters to give coherence to that happy ending that they sought to deliver and what makes it even worse is the excellent work that the series had been doing until chapter 10.
Look, I love this anime too much and that means I can't be as hard on it as I should and above all, this disappointing ending hurts me more than necessary.
PS: It surprises me even more that the majority omits all the obvious flaws in this ending
Precisely the anime with it competes to be the best anime of the season, which is Girls Band Cry, demonstrates and makes excellent everything that Jellyfish did wrong in its last chapters and a comparison that today leaves Jellyfish in a very bad position.
Jun 24, 7:28 PM
Oct 2019
Satisfying finale i would say, seems like a safe and happy ending for everyone.

What a journey for the past 12 weeks, the trauma, social anxiety, the family drama, how great was the JELEE songs.
8.5/10 i guess, but there is no 0.5 on MAL so i have just stick with 8/10.

Thank You for all the Staff from Doga Kobo.
Thanks for all the cast, you guys did Amazing voice acting and singing of course.

GOODBYE SEKAI!!
Jun 24, 9:10 PM

May 2019
I wish this would've had a 13th episode to flesh out the relationship drama between Mahiro and Kano, Kano and her mom, and heck even between Kano and her old idol mates from the Sunflower group that they ended up collaborating with because this felt rushed. However, what was shown here was still good, in particular I really liked the jellyfish that was shown against the side of a building just before Kano got her groove/courage back and started singing. I also liked the drawings of the jellyfish throughout the series and the design of the JELLY mascot 👍

7/10
Jun 24, 10:59 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Seansy
@jsooka Koharu is there for Kiui's gender dysphoria. Her plastic surgery to remake her body as she believes it should be is a contrast to Kiui's Vtuber character being androgynous. That's why she mentions the recovery for her nose job in the episode.

Just like how Mama Baba is there for Kano's character as an idol that has to lie about herself to fit in, much like Kano has to become an anonymous artist to keep singing after getting kicked out.
@Seansy fair points. Didn't think about it like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 11:15 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to stevejawbs
@saikyozero Okay, but he answered your original challenge. I guess now the hate is justified, and it has your stamp of approval.

saikyozero said:
@stevejawbs LOL this is my point. Just because something is better, you would hate the "worse" show.
Jun 24, 11:35 PM

Oct 2016
The only one out of the three girls band/idol show I watched recently that I liked and thought was decent overall, but I share the overall sentiment at it being rushed and poorly written in its final episodes.
Jun 25, 12:13 AM
Jun 2020
good story, good art and cool ending
Jun 25, 2:16 AM
Feb 2016
Just 1 honest word for me, story is nice i really enjoy especially the VA isn't bad BUT i really hate how LGBTQ moment in here. I recommend if this anime add "YURI" too, and i really hate how they make man as bully, broken home, most of family is single mother.
Jun 25, 3:51 AM

May 2013
I wish they stretched the budget to create 24 episodes instead of making weird camera angles. Everything was rushed. I wish we spent more time with the characters and their stories so we would feel more emotional about the ending. The potential was there but they wasted it. Is it me or are modern animes just like this now? Pouring budget on random cool shots and make it 12 eps.

12 eps is fine if it's paced well (see Madoka Magica). But there were too many unecessary scenes for this show. How unfortunate.
Jun 25, 4:34 AM
Oct 2013
I like for how it was. One of the most enjoyable entry this season. The dynamics between those 4 was the central theme and it tackled a lot of issues well. Is the ending the best they could've done? Probably not. If I'm gonna say one thing that I least liked with this show is the patterned of how they manufactured the issues in one episode and solved it subsequent episode, it just feels manufactured and not real, but the whole casts and the issues presented for the most part is good so, at the end the manufactured feels didn't really dampened the enjoyment I felt from the show IMO.

I do want to know more about his mom, Yukine and why she's so detached with her daughter but I'm also glad they leave it vague and didn't used the remaining runtime to basically rushed her story and risked botching this story altogether.

Is this need a S2? I'm not sure, I think it ties most if not all loose ends but they certainly have a thing or 2 to work from if they decide for S2.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.