Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
New arc but the tone and storytelling tone is mostly the same still. Focusing on Viole, it looks like he made a new ally of sorts. I mean, yeah he's a stranger but he seems to have some knowledge about how things work around in their world and the game. Not sure how trustworthy that traveler but it's better than having another enemy.

Khun didn't hesitate to point a gun at Wangnan but this was part of his plan. Kinda felt bad that he thought Khun was actually going to shoot him. This episode just goes to show Khun isn't afraid to take any risks.

New OP song is better than the previous one imo.
Oct 6, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Stray Kids are back to save this anime thankfully, and yeah, they've once again made certified bangers. And they're both visually better than whatever last season's as MAL is calling it now were.

Though, yeah, finally a game after so long, bout damn time after all the drama and all has been going on these past couple of episodes. Glad to see the old gang will be prevalent this time around, I mean, just as soon as next episode will be get a reunion with Endorsi and Baam after so long.

Was a decent start, at least decent for TOG S2 standards.

P.S. I missed Khun so much. Dude wasted no time and pointed that gun and Ja just to attract more people xD

Oct 6, 8:28 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah i guess it was okay. I will just enjoy the story and the music.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 6, 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
So there's barely any improvement over anything as expected. At least we got to see actually good female character which was Endorsi instead of that joke of a char named Yihwa or whatever. Just gonna wait and see the actual fights that the "budget was saved for".
Oct 6, 9:53 AM
Nov 2022
Nothing really new here. Animation barely improved. Not optimistic about the fights. Shit adaptation of a great story
Oct 6, 10:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Endorsi, she was a surprise!!!
kekeke
Oct 6, 10:26 AM
Sep 2024
The animation is still bad, and the pacing is rushed... Maybe this arc will be better... But expectations are low for now, in my opinion. 3/5 because it was "less worse" than the season previous.
Oct 6, 10:30 AM
Oct 2015
utopia- said:
The animation is still bad, and the pacing is rushed... Maybe this arc will be better... But expectations are low for now, in my opinion. 3/5 because it was "less worse" than the season previous.

The pacing is actually pretty decent— they’re not many moments I felt weird about. The animation can look ok at moments and bad in others
Oct 6, 10:33 AM
Sep 2024
Reply to Mikaelamofu
utopia- said:

The pacing is actually pretty decent— they’re not many moments I felt weird about. The animation can look ok at moments and bad in others
@Mikaelamofu From my perspective the pace is still the same as the episodes in the previous part, the animation has improved a little, very little, it is still between bad and average, maybe it will improve in the next episodes, I really wanted to like and praise this because I loved the first season, but I just can't, unfortunately.
Oct 6, 10:47 AM
May 2021
Stray kids honestly can’t save tower of god right now… banger opening/ending
Oct 6, 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
Well I'll give it this, it was more interesting than pretty much anything that happened in the first half of the season. Also I still find it dumb how MAL has the first part of S2 and this split into separate entries lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 6, 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
Why are these separate entries, when this is continuing literally a week after the previous episode? Not too sure. Not surprised that the quality is pretty much the same as the other episodes execution-wise from the staff, which is very minimal to say the least. Just a flat episode as a whole, although with a stronger hook maybe than the start of the previous cour since more familiar faces were there this time around, with clear intentions for the show to build to something big with the Workshop Battle.
Oct 6, 11:16 AM
Jul 2024
Me, I was just enjoying seeing so much of the old gang back here. Also, the new OP & ED are an improvement.
Oct 6, 11:32 AM
Aug 2020
here we go

another great ep

BAMMMMMMMMMM
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 6, 11:55 AM
Jul 2024
Goat episode🔥🔥🔥
Oct 6, 12:16 PM

Oct 2021
After firing 1 bullet, couldn't 1 member just acquire 1 additional bullet, switch their gun to light mode, take the bullets from their teammates, shoot each teammate to send them up to the Archimedes, then use the additional bullet on themself to get to the Archimedes?
Oct 6, 12:22 PM
May 2021
Well well old characters are back which is fun to see and it's getting interesting ( better than 1st cour of s2 lol). New op and ed theme are also fire 🔥
Oct 6, 2:10 PM

Feb 2019
4th gen leaders stray kids OP and ED✅ Endorsi back on my screen ✅ yea this already way better than the first cour lol.

I liked how the first cour ended after the rough start, looks like this one is continuing that trend with a solid first episode setting up the workshop battle. But damn before they even get to the workshop there’s challenges? I like it. Give me nonstop action this cour lol. They cooked with the one shot one opportunity game idea, I actually got scared for Wangnan there cause I thought Khun was gonna betray him. Brilliant idea to finesse the guns from other competitors.

Endorsi, my beloved. So good to see her back in the anime. The fact she got a fan club was killing me 😂 her entrance at the end of the episode like an angel descending was so badass I can’t wait to see she and Bam reunion next week.

Speaking of which, when Bam identifies himself to the dude he’s trying to save I think that’s the first time he’s called himself Bam this season. Too bad he STILL have flashbacks and simping for Rachel 🤦🏽‍♂️
Marinate1016Oct 6, 2:49 PM
Oct 6, 3:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
New OP and ED by Stray Kids are so damn good man, great to have them back, nice visuals for both too, the ED visuals don’t really scream Tower of God but they’re very cool, I will miss seeing new panels every week tho. But unfortunately, Stray Kids didn’t automatically make the show better lol, but this was a decent start, looks like we have a pre-game before the Workshop Battle with this “One in the Chamber” from Call of Duty style challenge, it’s interesting, but as someone else here said, what’s stopping teams from shooting each team member with the guns they have? Maybe not everyone has a gun or bullets or something, there can’t be that simple of a loophole lol.

But man, it really is nice to see some of these old characters being active in the show again, they haven’t done much yet but Endorsi does have a simp squad now, and she also descended on Viole and that new Traveler fella in a T-pose lol. And Anaak is preparing to do something awesome but she didn’t get any lines this episode sadly, just stood awkwardly in silence. And on Khun’s side of things, he’s over here pointing a gun at Wangnan for a convincing scream, good idea but yeah I feel bad for Wangnan lol. I’m excited to see what this cour has to offer, but at the same time I’m not getting my hopes up too much.
Oct 6, 4:18 PM
Mar 2018
it was a good ep with alright animation , the new opening is great and the story is getting pretty interesting. overall i liked it.
Oct 6, 6:55 PM

Feb 2016
HELL YEAH
ENDORSI VS BAM???
AND ANAAK IS BACK TOO ❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 6, 8:37 PM
Jul 2021
It's already an upgrade, but the visual presentation is still bad. Stiff and lethargic, but definitely feels a little more polished (maybe?). The faces seem better to me. The plot is finally back on track. I like Wangnan as a character but every other additional character was terrible, so having the original cast back together is nice. I'm still mourning the first season but this at least feels watchable, as I literally couldn't get through the last couple of episodes of the first half.
Oct 6, 8:45 PM
Jul 2021
Actually this is definitely cope, it's still ass
Oct 6, 8:49 PM
Oct 2016
The new OP and ED both slap Stray kids doesn’t miss. They both had great visuals too, which gives me hope that workshop battle will look great. I think they introduced title cards this episode too which was cool. Other than it’s still more of the same but I’m open to seeing where things go from here
Oct 6, 9:23 PM
Mar 2015
Say hi to Endorsi , Bam
Oct 6, 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, not surprisingly the visuals and animation are still as mediocre/stiff as ever, but I feel like the directing is somewhat better? Still subpar, but an improvement is an improvement. Though again, they cut out some of the explanation of the games rules, which for me, made it confusing to fully understand how to properly play the game.
Anyways, it's always great to see the OG characters again, and this time they have more than a few minutes of screentime. Seeing Laure continuing to sleeping on Hatz back without a care in the world and with all the chaos going on never fails to amuse me. Endorsi is making her own moves without her teammates...didn't expect to see her and Viole already coming face-to-face with one another, but it'd certainly be interesting to see if/when she will recognize him as Bam.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Stray Kids' music style but I actually really like the OP/ED. Just sad to think about how the ED has more/better animation than anything we've ever seen in ToG S2 so far...

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 7, 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
Xiao said:
Yeah, not surprisingly the visuals and animation are still as mediocre/stiff as ever, but I feel like the directing is somewhat better? Still subpar, but an improvement is an improvement. Though again, they cut out some of the explanation of the games rules, which for me, made it confusing to fully understand how to properly play the game.
Anyways, it's always great to see the OG characters again, and this time they have more than a few minutes of screentime. Seeing Laure continuing to sleeping on Hatz back without a care in the world and with all the chaos going on never fails to amuse me. Endorsi is making her own moves without her teammates...didn't expect to see her and Viole already coming face-to-face with one another, but it'd certainly be interesting to see if/when she will recognize him as Bam.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Stray Kids' music style but I actually really like the OP/ED. Just sad to think about how the ED has more/better animation than anything we've ever seen in ToG S2 so far...

If Endorsi doesn't recognize Bam, imma drop this bs, ngl. Current characters are already braindead or a useless bunch of nothing, don't want the og group to be like that as well.
Oct 7, 7:53 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to GTRaijin
Xiao said:

If Endorsi doesn't recognize Bam, imma drop this bs, ngl. Current characters are already braindead or a useless bunch of nothing, don't want the og group to be like that as well.
@GTRaijin How tf are you expecting Endorsi to recognize bam when she hasn't seen him in like 8 years? He looks completely different now, of course she won't recognize him instantly.
Oct 7, 9:05 AM
Sep 2024
good stuff as always w
Oct 7, 9:07 AM
Feb 2021
I'm so excited for the new season! The cliffhanger from last season was intense!
Oct 7, 9:32 AM

Dec 2020
Next episode is Bam vs Endorsi vs Robot. Also group of FUG vs group of the old gang. Cool
Oct 7, 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
The ending song and its animation is better than the anime >_<
Oct 7, 11:52 AM
Oct 2018
saw some people here asking why a team can't shoot each other with the bullets they have. On the manhwa its said that the owner of the stolen gun fails right away, so i guess this is why they can't. Otherwise, it would be too easy.
Oct 7, 12:34 PM

Mar 2018
People saying the animation didn't improve are willingly schizophrenic, and seeing something I'm not seeing. Also, I'm expecting it to get even better with the opening looking so promising.

The opening song has that 2000's vibe, and it's interesting to see an anime opening return to that aesthetic.
hypergoobOct 7, 12:41 PM
Oct 7, 2:08 PM
Feb 2022
it;s not good for first episode but it's enough for me
Oct 7, 2:54 PM
Apr 2023
I'm missing Bam's eyes being obscured by his bangs the majority of the time... I thought it looked cool. Otherwise, good start to the new cour.
Oct 7, 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
okay, still boring af
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Oct 7, 6:30 PM

Jul 2022
This new season and arc have definitely started on the right foot, bringing back Stray Kids for both the OP and ED, which are a huge improvement over the previous ones and gave me a sense of nostalgia for the first season.

Before the workshop battle, there’s an elimination test with weapons, which has an interesting concept, and finally, the other characters are starting to make their moves. Baam's former teammates will face off against FUG once fewer than 100 cards remain. Endorsi has gone to seek out Viole to confront him and avenge Baam—I really hope she realizes that Viole is Baam.

As for that new character called the "Traveler," I’m not sure how important he will turn out to be, but his story of wanting to help his beloved is eerily similar to Baam or Khun's. We all know how that will probably end. It was a solid first episode, and I hope it doesn't end up like the previous arc.
Oct 7, 10:28 PM
Feb 2023
Animation quality still boring

Too much focus kpop
Oct 7, 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to StallionXD
HELL YEAH
ENDORSI VS BAM???
AND ANAAK IS BACK TOO ❤️
@StallionXD

Anaak looking as badass as ever as well standing on that roof.
Oct 8, 1:52 AM

Aug 2019
Once again, thank you, Stray Kids for delivering perfection with both the opening and ending. 
Oct 8, 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
Either I'm getting used to the mediocrity of this animation, or it has gotten some little improvements.
Oct 8, 3:28 PM

Dec 2020
Ok this trial to get into the Workshop Battle looks pretty cool. Khun again being an absolute genius the second the game starts lol and the cliff hangar at the end was crazy. Bam has to tell her who he is CMON!
Oct 8, 7:29 PM

Jul 2016
Decent start for this arc. Gotta say the episode got considerably more engaging the more minutes went by.
Also last visual with Endorsi descending in slow-mo and the one with Anaak watching over FUG's group looked lowkey sick asf.
Oct 9, 3:57 AM
Apr 2019
the episode's structuring already felt better than last season's
Oct 10, 7:14 AM
Oct 2016
ENDORSI VS BAM YES
Oct 11, 5:50 AM

May 2021
I dunno if this is the Endorsi love-love effect or if the show actually improved, but the show does feel like it actually improved. Plz keep going up.

Also, really like Endorsi's shirt(I dunno the specific term).

Oct 11, 12:25 PM

Aug 2016
So far so good. No they didn't get better in animating stuff. They got better in not animating it aka hiding it, so we are not reminded we watch a slide show all the time. Tower of god content 10/10, animation... eh.

Also opening and ending songs, fire. I am dissapointed in changed ending tho. The highlights from the episode gradually revealing in the each episode ending, reminding you whole story and resembling webtoon, that was something special that ToG season 2 pulled off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 9:16 PM
Jul 2021
nice improvement. If it really keeps up like this I can say management did a great job focusing more of the limited funds towards the better parts.
Oct 13, 1:16 AM

Dec 2019
I didn't expect Bam and Endorsi to run into each other that quickly
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou: Koubou-sen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13

30 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

» Why new entry? ( 1 2 )

tetrahedron - Sep 29

67 by davidyodo24 »»
Oct 12, 10:58 PM

» Theme songs

gprime70 - Sep 30

10 by Quadruple_Oi »»
Oct 8, 10:09 AM

» 13 episodes

18927 - Oct 5

6 by glasssmoon »»
Oct 7, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.