Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
So we get a season finale with the Demon King as the final boss. Obviously, Yumiella turns out to be the only one that can stand up against him although she's not alone.

Stakes were definitely high this episode...that's for sure. Can't help but feel like the finale was rushed though. Yumeilla also carried that fight. At least it ended well. Overall, a fine show imo, 7/10.
Mar 26, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
It's time to beat the big, bad demon lord.

Finally, Yumiella, Patrick, Alicia, Edwin, Oswald, and William reached the Demon King's castle. However, the Demon King boasted overwhelming power, leaving the other members of the group helpless. As the only one able to confront him, the Demon King began to reveal the truth about the kingdom and himself to Yumiella.

It's great to see Yumiella and Patrick change and their relationship progress so much. The bad CG hasn't changed, but it's like they're doing it for laughs now. Seeing Yumiella go from being alone to having people who care about her makes me happy. And Alicia breaking free of the game systems thing because of a confession... LMAOO. I love this show. Edwin being chosen from the harem is awesome too. His character has grown a lot. And you can't forget the classic Yumiella punch.

With the Demon Lord defeated, Yumiella can now live peacefully, surrounded by caring people. And while she may have been the hidden boss, she won't be known as the Demon Lord anymore. She'll be known as the person who took down the Demon Lord.

Couldn't get enough of KamiKatsu last year? Well, this is the show for you. It's just as weird, and though it looks like a typical isekai, it's actually a lot of fun. 8/10. I'll miss these goofballs.

Mar 26, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
The war against the Demon Lord's army is in full force, and everyone is giving their all, including Patrick. Meanwhile, Yumiella with Alicia and her 3 companions, along with Ryu, heads straight for the Demon Lord's castle.

While the main kingdom forces assert the army, along with Patrick and Ryu flying there for assistance, the fabled Hero Alicia, the 3 companions and Yumiella face the big bad. And once they're in the Demon Lord's chambers, Alicia, William and Oswald fell for his trap, though Yumiella easily saves them out of trouble, though however knowing the fearsome power of the Demon Lord due to their low levels. Since not even Edwin could defeat him, it's only up to Yumiella to do the job, to defeat the one who was branded a traitor after his loyalty to Valschein went in arrears. Him sensing the affinity with Yumiella for both her dark hair and dark magic, things for her are different since they've come to accept her, which is the difference between time and space, against the Demon Lord who has no salvation for being bad.

Yumiella may have won the battle, but her unexpectedly being backstabbed by Alicia almost lost the war due to the game mechanics pushing the route's cause. If not for Patrick's Amulet of Protection, Yumiella would've died instantly, and she has to think of a way to counter Alicia against performing what the game requires of her...which she goes the stereotypical power of friendship and love route, hooray for tropes. The hero and the saint are technically still both Edwin and Alicia, though their battle isn't over yet with the demon army's remnants, leaving the main characters to shine. Of course, Yumiella does her part, and most of the demon lord's army is annihilated to good effect.

The Demon Lord may have been eliminated, but Yumiella is still obsessed about her will to get stronger, which Patrick follows either way.

Quite a well-thought-out Villainess show, I'm both impressed and entertained.
KANLen09Mar 26, 8:53 AM
Mar 26, 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
I caught up just today and now I wish I started watching this sooner. This is really fun, and I really like the romance parts too. Also OP and ED are bangers.
Also I heard that this season only adapted 1 volume of the LN, is that true? The previous episode seemed quite rushed, so this is surprising.

Yumiella's monotone voice when she is encouraging the guys lol
The song playing during the fight is the fake OP from episode 1 right?
I still feel the confession last episode was too quick, but I love Yumiella and Patrick's relationship :)

8/10
Really entertaining. Definitely would like see a sequel of this. (I heard that they changed a lot from the LNs, so is a sequel even possible at this point?)
Mar 26, 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
While Patrick and Yumiela where together in the end and looked like a couple we didn't get a confession part.
But we can always think of it in good faith that they have become a couple.

This anime was pretty nice it was fun to watch especially the reactions of the main staying stoic al the time.
The ways the others reacted to that was nice as well.
Mar 26, 9:01 AM

Aug 2017
Can't blame the demon lord for turning out to be like this, they are really lucky Yumiella can endure a lot and managed to turn her situation to be viewed positive.

Final fight felt bit rushed but it ended on a good note so no further complaints about that.
Mar 26, 9:14 AM
Sep 2015
Demon Lord is hot! He seems to be ancestor of Dolkness, Yumiella's family.

I like the low-stake anime like this. The highlight is that no one died (except Demon Lord, but he's already live multiple times beyond a normal life expectancy).
Mar 26, 9:34 AM
Jul 2010

I really liked the series. I would watch a sequel where he goes through everyday difficulties in order to be accepted
Mar 26, 9:38 AM
Oct 2020
Definitely one of the better isekai out there.

Also love that Yumiella effectively glitched the system to skip the part where she needed to be killed, by skipping to the love relationship part after the fight in the original game.
Mar 26, 9:48 AM

Dec 2022
well this was certainly something

this was generic but very enjoyable i cant seem get to bored of romances with stoic female lead

also a thought what if patrick becomes the hero because of his contribution and yumelia the saint that probably wont happen though

anyway this was a solid show also this wasnt like the usual dating sim anime we see a gamer girl i only saw one other anime like this but that has a male lead but still pretty enjoyable also why does the game plot only affect alicia ?
ZaxphredMar 26, 10:23 AM
Mar 26, 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Plot armor is a terrifying thing, indeed.
Mar 26, 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
That was a fun and enjoyable show, Yumiella is a cute and Patrick was a gentleman, shame about Eleanora not having a love prospect : ( I'll be more than glad if there is more of the series in the future.
Mar 26, 10:10 AM

Nov 2013

uff, time to fight the demon lord, after hyping it for 11 episodes :D
as expected, he was way too strong for the current trio, but thanks to Yumi and Alicia, they managed to win and leave safely

the other episode when Alicia lost control and went to level up, we mentioned it was the game forcing her to keep up ... and then someone said "after defeating the demon lord, maybe she will kill yumiela" or something similar lol not sure if it was an intended spoiler or just a guess, but it became true

was a really funny moment when Yumi told the trio to talk to her, using her monotonous voice "grab back the power of friendship" LOL

we got a confession out of Edwin, and then they fought more enemies, 2 of them to show their frustration, and 2 to test their new power of love

back at the vilage we got a little hug between yumiella and Patrick, cute
we also saw the black haired kid from the other episode in the crowd

lastly, back at the academy, hiting at the last year as students, enjoying the freedom and friendship, before ultimately going back home to rule her town, mendokusai haha

now, while the actual story didn't resonate too much with me, the truth was that any moment with Yumiela on screen was a fun moment for me, she is such a calm, funny and overpowered airhead girl that i can't not love whatever she does lol

as for the anime, i'll probably rate it a 7, as much as i liked Yumi and patrick, i didn't care too much about the other charas, nor did i care for the story
still, i'd watch more if they bring it out
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 26, 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
They really speedran stuff in these last few episodes but it's better than stretching it to no end for sure. Would have been nice if this had another episode showing us the aftermath and just Yumiella doing her thing.

Pretty fun stuff, was fun watching Yumiella and the show was conclusive enough to not keep us wanting more so pretty much satisfied with it.
Mar 26, 10:28 AM

Mar 2013
Someone triggered something. 😆😆😆

A subpar animation with decent world building. 7~8/10
The only likable characters here would be Alicia, Yumi, and the guy who kissed someone... 🫣 (but I still dislike the romance part). Oh, let's not forget Eleonora, the most entertaining character ever. I'm sad to see her not getting enough screen-time.

Man, they skipped a lot of things, this final episode is too rushed, but it was a fun watch.

The only thing I didn't like in this series would be the guy who was labeled as a traitor was not saved in the end.

P.S. I'm glad they used Alicia's theme song as the ending BGM. I liked it.
CrazyButNot4UMar 26, 10:51 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 26, 10:33 AM

Oct 2019
I really like the chibified comedy, no prolonged drama, just chill conclusion with the power of love and friendship. If Patrick didn't kiss Yumiella last episode, Yumiella would probably adopted him as her son now. lmao
Mar 26, 10:35 AM
Mar 2019
i want more!! i like a lot this isekai
Mar 26, 10:46 AM
Oct 2016
While I liked the concept of Alicia betraying Yumiella due to game plot forcing her to be In Character instead of just being evil without an actual reason, I think this was poorly made. The whole last boss fight had no soul and there wasn't a really intense moment to care about the prince wakening her up with the power of love.
Mar 26, 11:01 AM
Aug 2017
The anime was OK, but the ending was really underwhelming. I guess the reverse plot armor was an interesting twist, but not enough to make it really noteworthy in the end. A decent one-shot 12ep season nonetheless, hopefully it won't get dragged into a second one :P
Mar 26, 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
This for sure needed a few more episodes. That ending just reminded me of how they ended Promise Neverland season 2. Just zoomed through the afters like it was nothing. While it didn't need 24 episodes, but if it had 15, that'd been perfect. Still, a good show.
Mar 26, 12:00 PM

Mar 2021
I think I agree with the sentiments above. The ending was a little rushed, but reached a pretty satisfying conclusion. Hardly the most impressive anime of the season, but I found myself consistently looking forward to on Tuesdays.

Hey, light novel readers: is it true that this season only adapted the first of (what I think are) six light novels so far? This show would work very well as a one-shot (I mean, it seams like the hit all the beats of the otome game Yumiella new about), but I would be quite happy to see the story continue in future seasons.
Mar 26, 12:07 PM
Feb 2020
this is an amazing show
this does seem to be the ending of the story of the game but theres still plenty of stories to be told in the show
i really hope they make a second season
i want to see yumiella and patrick get married!!
Mar 26, 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Man Tuesdays without Yumiella won’t seem right 😢

Great finale though. The boss fight against the demon lord is finally here. The fight itself was a little rushed and the animation wasn’t the best as per usual, but I liked the lore reveals a lot.

So the royal family has been fucking over dark magic users out of jealousy and insecurity for a while now. Must be something in the bloodline. How they did the demon lord when he was an imperial knight was so messed up, can’t blame him at all for hating the kingdom and wanting revenge.

It’s cool that he and Yumiella are basically juxtapositions based on treatment from the royal family. So Yumiella is a powerful dark magic user who got accepted by the royal family, the demon lord was kicked out and imprisoned.

Ofc even with that said, there was never a chance that Yumiella would side with him over her friends and the kingdom. Which again makes anyone who doubted her loyalty at the start look pretty dumb lol.

Wild twist there after the demon lord fight with Alicia stabbing Yumiella. I was wondering how the game’s invisible plot mechanic would come back around and that was wild. Bad Yumiella not met and fallen in love with Patrick, she never would’ve got that protection amulet and would’ve died. So the key to defeating the game’s plot is, as cliche as it sounds, love. We also see Edwin use his confession to Alicia as a way to break the plot’s hold on her.

Really cute scene btw with him finally calling her his princess 😭

And as they watch everyone celebrate the victory, Patrick and Yumiella share a nice embrace. There’s nowhere she’d rather be!

And that’s a wrap on what was one of the funniest shows of winter 2024. I will really miss this one a lot, I’ll have to check out the LN!
Marinate1016Mar 26, 1:03 PM
Mar 26, 12:22 PM

Jun 2023
Great anime!

Though it looks like with how they changed stuff from the LN there probably won’t be a season 2.
Mar 26, 12:24 PM
Dec 2021
Always leveling. That is the key. Until next time, it was really nice season together with Yumiella.
Mar 26, 12:43 PM
Sep 2019
So how much did they cover exactly?
I heard only vol1 was covered
Mar 26, 12:56 PM
Mar 2024
animation was not that good prot was beautiful although
pacing was little too fast and demon lord was like some knight or general and too much cgi was used
concept was good but script was not on par with it.
overall a ok ok anime if you want to watch you can watch it you will not get bored atleast that much i can guarantee
Mar 26, 1:02 PM

Dec 2022
man the CGI just tainted this show so irreparably. still though, had some memorable qualities and a pretty nice finale.
Mar 26, 1:20 PM

Sep 2023
That was a very average finale for an otherwise great show, but least it tied everything up nicely. Guessing they probably don't plan on a 2nd season with a conclusive ending like this.

Overall this was one of the higher tier fantasy shows of the season and imo best of the 3 concurrently airing otome anime (probably a hot take but lv 99 Villainess > 7th loop > Dr Elise)

With the demon lord defeated, the story has room to go in a more interesting direction now that the world has opened up. Some otome isekais lose steam when they go beyond the main game plot so hopefully the writer for this has some good ideas. Definitely gonna read the manga/ln
Mar 26, 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
Mar 26, 1:38 PM

Mar 2022
I both loved and hated this show, the initial episodes were really good, I like the MC, however the CGI was to much, I understand why it is used heavily but for me it was painful in places, secondly the later episodes seems to go break neck speed and It felt like so much was just done with monologue, its a shame cause this could of been so much better. I haven't read the LN so i don't know if that's the same, if a LN reader can tell me it isn't I will probably read it. Shame really had a lot of potential to be a lot better.
Mar 26, 1:42 PM

May 2015
The end of a great anime. This was my number 1 favourite thing this season and the thing I actively looked forward to each week. Shame to see it end.

I was surprised they actually defeated the demon lord as that seemed like a end of Light novel thing. But that last part at the end showed how they'd continue the Light Novel with her managing her domain etc.

But what was even more surprising was Patrick and Yumiella getting together???!! I thought for sure this series would be a super light romance one where they just end it with somewhat having feelings but suddenly they dropped the bomb on the second last episode and have them together. A bit rushed admittedly but I'm still happy to see them together.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 26, 1:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Perfect ending, everything pretty much worked out for the crew, especially Yumiella, lol. Leaving the others some credit and working from the shadows, that was exactly the plan!

Yumiella asking Alicia-san who she likes most and then enjoying herself in the end to bring her conscious back was hilarious. Love those deadpan expressions. Prince Edwin stole the spotlight from the other two, lmao.

This show’s been a really fun experience, overall. Animation wasn’t exactly great but the characterisation and the lead romance delivered. Strong 8/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 26, 1:53 PM
Mar 2018
So the anime is end, now I'm curious about everyone opinions. What do you think about Alicia? Do you like her or do you hate her?? And for what reason?
Mar 26, 2:01 PM

Sep 2007
Well, of course a combat packed episode wouldn't be very pretty for this show, and I'm a bit disappointed about they not caring much for Eleonora at all in this last episode, hoped at least seeing her munching her handkerchief.
But it was a nice episode anyway and enjoyable anime overall.
Mar 26, 2:11 PM
May 2022
It wasn’t bad, fairly entertaining. But it had a number of issues. CGI is a pretty big one. Pacing was wacky, especially for the last episode. Feel like the side cast needed more to do but I guess they couldn’t with 12 episodes maybe. But Eleanora definitely needed more to do considering the ed was all about her. But it was entertaining enough to watch. Main character especially made me keep watching, she was very funny. Probably can’t give it more than a 6/10 though
Mar 26, 2:35 PM
Sep 2012
Reply to absolutelynormal
I think I agree with the sentiments above. The ending was a little rushed, but reached a pretty satisfying conclusion. Hardly the most impressive anime of the season, but I found myself consistently looking forward to on Tuesdays.

Hey, light novel readers: is it true that this season only adapted the first of (what I think are) six light novels so far? This show would work very well as a one-shot (I mean, it seams like the hit all the beats of the otome game Yumiella new about), but I would be quite happy to see the story continue in future seasons.
@absolutelynormal that's surprising, I'm not sure where else this story goes
Mar 26, 3:26 PM

Jun 2016
I really liked this series, in particular Yumiella, I adored her, even though the ending was a little bland.
I don't know if they will ever do a S2 but I think there are other mysteries to discover about her and the world backstory that weren't fully explained.

For me is a 8/10
Mar 26, 3:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So Yumiella ended up being the one to defeat the demon lord after all, so much for letting Alicia do it lol, but the demon lord was quite the foe and actually had a cool design, I was expecting like a goat monster or something but just a dude wearing cool armor is neat. And after Yumiella dealt with him and the gang escaped, all seemed good until the game plot once again kicked in, and I was thinking maybe Yumiella would lose control and become the hidden boss anyway but it was still Alicia being controlled like before, and that literal backstab was dirty but thankfully Yumiella still had a protection amulet thanks to Patrick.

And while it seemed like a scary situation, there goes Yumiella pretending to be enthusiastic as she tells the lads what to do lol, the tension was absolutely out the window. And with Edwin being the winner of Alicia’s love and the other two lads being pissed, it was time to let everything out against skeletons, including Yumiella punching the viewer lol. And after returning and announcing the defeat of the demon lord, I’m glad we were able to have one last moment with Patrick and Yumiella as their romance was something I really liked about this show.

And now both of our villainess anime this season are over, with no replacement from what I saw next season, a shame but both left us with good finales. This show was a riot honestly, Yumiella was always so damn funny with her reactions to things and just being herself in general, and I enjoyed watching her slowly turn her enemies into friends and even get herself a man with Patrick which imo was one of the best parts of the show, it’s often shows that don’t even have romance focus that have some of the best romance imo lol. Really liked both the OP and ED for this show too, that ED was in my head a lot over the months because it’s so catchy and cute lol. And I do hope this one could get another season, even with the demon lord defeated I feel there’s more fun to be had but if not this was a pretty satisfying conclusion at least. And it’s funny, I’m currently watching another show by Jumondo, the studio that did this anime, which is their show from Fall 2023 and I plan to finish it later today, didn’t mean to line it up with their winter show ending but I’ll take it lol.
Mar 26, 4:16 PM

Nov 2021
Super predictable ending but overall this show was pretty entertaining. Yumiella definitely made it worth the watch and I'll give it a pass for the terrible CGI
Mar 26, 4:29 PM

Feb 2019
i feel bad for the two guys who got rejected before they can even confess lol but it was obvious alicia will go for the prince, especially after she dragged him off somewhere private during that school party lol it wasn't a bad finale; predictable ending, except for the part when alicia stabbed yumiella right after they escaped being sucked in to the void created by the demon lord
Mar 26, 4:57 PM

Nov 2023
I thought the ending wrapped the show up pretty well. Stakes were high but Yumiella saved the day then almost died, but shout out Patrick for the amulet of protection.

A very solid show, and I don’t believe a season 2 will happen but we’ll see.
Mar 26, 4:58 PM

Nov 2019
lol the Prince one-upped his friends while in a crisis. That was funny.
Mar 26, 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
Yumiella x Patrick forever but other than that it felt like a very underwhelming ep imo...like the actual battle [against the demon lord] itself was bland...even though the history he explained was interesting

Also felt weird that Elenora didn't get that much screentime in the end considering the ED mainly stars her but at the same time I'm glad she didn't cuz I probably would've seen her as a REALLY annoying 3rd wheel...

I wish there was another season (for more Yumiella x Patrick cuteness) but this seems really conclusive...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 26, 5:24 PM
Mar 2018
The show started out well, but really hated the changes. They all ended up just being generic and boring, adding nothing from what they removed.
Mar 26, 5:47 PM

Feb 2013
The Yumiella and Patrick dynamic was the only aspect of the show keeping it interesting. Pretty lackluster last episode too. Wasn't awful though.
Mar 26, 7:04 PM

Feb 2022
Very unsatisfying ending. So many questions related to the "system" and it just kind of got swept away and under the rug.

What a shame.
Mar 26, 7:41 PM
Jul 2020
EXTREMELY rushed, and the moment when the prince suddenly hinted at her becoming a saint.. i'm NOT buying that he actually started liking Yemiella that easily when all throughout the show he hated her.
the way she spoke about the "power of friendship and love" was very sarcastic it can't be taken seriously, also the "otome system suddenly kicking in to force her hand and attack the hidden boss instantly" made no sense.

the demonlord's backstory is very typical and cliche "don't blame the demonlord for being a monster, when the world is the one who made him a monster"
using 2 blackholes at the same time, he used the effect named "the dance of death" where 2 blackholes spin around each other until they merge.

i am starting to bet that Yumiella and Patrick's family will be named "level 99 family" since she won't allow anyone of her offspring to be lower than level 99
demonlord fight was very quick, the sorry excuse for "putting the saintess title on hold" was silly.. just give it to Alicia and get done with it.
all in all .. 7/10 mediocre at best ..
at least has a nice catchy intro song! ..... and a cringey outro song...
i mean after all IT IS based on an otome game .. what were you expecting?? i'll go check the manga if the story keeps going or not. though.. it really has no reason to keep going anymore.

side note: the prince used the phrase "Aishteru" in japanese .. "Ai" is love "Daiske" mean i love you, while "Aishteru" is THE HIGHEST possible love possible to be given.. it's literally the same as saying "please marry me" . very personal and straight forward. usually only used by married couples.
Kurtadam13Mar 26, 7:45 PM
Mar 26, 7:48 PM

Feb 2011
a fantastic show. by all means, it's an easy 9/10 for me.

Mar 26, 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
Gotta love that monotone performance by Fairouz Ai (it's sometimes hard to believe she voiced Power in CSM), but man what a waste of Daisike Ono as the demon lord to only give that generic exposition and cliched lines (but I guess it tracks if this is considered video game dialogue)?

But the strongest ending, but not awful either. A decent end to a show that was for the most part enjoyable.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Isekai Trash

lotus_eater - Oct 11

31 by acidbart »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6

68 by Turecki_kebab »»
Aug 23, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12

54 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5

46 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27

63 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.