Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This actually turned out to be slightly more entertaining than I had expected although I'm not a fan of that Kyouya guy yet. The show actually turned out to have a more serious atmosphere than I had expected. Plus, that office environment and overall working style has a degree of realism to it.

Some of the cast are protrayed as older characters such as Eiko. The theme of getting a second chance for part of its storyline isn't something too special but it does give Kyouya an insight about how he approaches his situation.

Not a bad start actually.
Stark700Jul 3, 2021 8:33 AM
Jul 3, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2017

So this show is SaeKano (or in the Hentai space: Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai!), mixed with the Erased vibes.
A double-length episode this is needed to give a good 1st impression, and it did.

A nice OST, and studio feel. is back for more nice gorgeous and beauiful animation production.

28-year-old Hashiba Kyouya finding himself jobless, and then out of a simple misunderstanding, land a job at a mobile game developer company that he's been hearing throughout the media industry. It looks as if he's got a good and bright future ahead of him, but the company itself has had a falling out with their project, and it's a setback.

To sleep and go back 10 years from 2016 to 2006 with the relevant real-life references of The Familiar of Zero, Haganai, even Asterisk War, to the PS2 (right before the PS3 came out), Kyouya has a chance to remake his life and start from scratch.

Encountering the nice Aki Shino a.k.a Shinoaki in his sleep, with both delinquent Nanako Kogure and bare-bones Tsurayuki Rokuonji at first morning, and yeah, a good start for all in the Kitayama Share House. Oonaka Arts College, Film Studies, these 4 are in the same course, but to survive in this breakneck, cutthroat industry, live your foolish life well. Even future director Eiko Kawasegawa makes her elegant entrance in the most enthusiastic way. The sleepyhead Tsurayuki can deliver with his encyclopedia head, I'm surprised and impressed.

Even the notions of clubs (or called Circles) is prevalent, and it brings much of the SaeKano vibe.

All of the actors of the future 10 years have gathered and time-traveled 10 years back, looking forward to more of this nice and relaxing feeling.
Get out of your "useless" ways, Kyouya! The "future set in stone" pieces are there, it's what you want to do with it!
KANLen09Jul 3, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 3, 2021 6:34 AM

Apr 2020
The first episode is 50 minutes long, I like this.

I like the character designs. Even though Kyouya returned to the past 10 years ago, he still looks the same. Shinoaki looks kindae rotic when she drinks the yogurt lmao.

I think this anime is interesting, I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Apr 2020
Its theme portraying a fun and happy life in art college. I really interested in the concept. Even though I'm majoring in civil engineering, but art major is fun to watch. OP and ED really nice.

Oh and the waifu's start coming... Kawasegawa is my faves.
RakabatJul 3, 2021 6:37 AM

Feb 2018
actually this show is pretty long for episode 1 and yeah, it's pretty boring. even I can no longer understand what they mean even with subtitles. it's just that I like that moment of Kyouya and the cherry blossoms. Ma, I mean I loved the scene even though the story was heavy and the time of year was so confusing I'm glad it ended like that. I don't need much, I just want to say, please don't add more duration for this show :"(

And yeah i like PoPiPa
Jul 3, 2021 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
A great start with a double-length episode. I like the concept of this anime. It was something that I thought about sometimes too. If you can 'remake' your life and travels back to the time before you enroll the university or a college, what will it be? Will you follow the same timeline? or will you change it as Kyouya does? That's a very interesting question.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.

btw, A lot of titles on Kyouya's bookshelf are very familiar 😁

Popipa Pipopa PopipapapipoPa!!!!!
AkeZZZJul 3, 2021 6:55 AM
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Jul 3, 2021 6:49 AM

Jan 2021
2 surprises, the first, a 50 minutes episode, which is always good, and the second, my two favourite VA's are here 0.0

I liked this ngl, I just hope they explain about the trip to the past and not just leave it as an event that happened and won't be mentioned again....

Very interesting start. Aki best girl, I'll admit it from the beginning πŸ˜‚
Jul 3, 2021 6:52 AM

Jun 2019
The first episode was in the 1-hour time slot.

Well, Hashiba's backstory was pretty depressing to see like that. Failures after failures. But, this kind of plot at this point is becoming a cliche for sure. Returning back to time and fixing your old mistakes like that. Definitely sounds good but is now being used so many times, that it's losing its shine. But, I'm not complaining as long as the story is good and interesting.

The girls of this show are pretty cute as well especially Shino Aki, she's cute and hot as well. And, there are funny moments in this show as well which makes it even for Hashiba. "The morning yogurt is the best" LMAO. Hashiba is a hardworking guy and now he's living with three of his colleagues in a shared apartment.

Enjoyed the first episode. Let's see how this goes from here on.
Jul 3, 2021 7:44 AM

May 2021
Quite enjoyable. Looking forward to the next episode. Always love restarting your life kinda anime’s
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 3, 2021 7:45 AM

Feb 2020
That was a really good first episode, 50 minutes long, I love it!
The female characters are all cute, and the plot looks interesting, maybe this will be one of the best show this season?
Jul 3, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2010
you know an anime is series when it takes up two time slots

i really liked the 1st episode. the Mc is literally my age range, so i could relate to him on some levels
Jul 3, 2021 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
A double-length episode to start this series.

Going back 10 years in time to re-do a major decision in your life. Interesting start so far. So Shino Aki was the illustrator Kyouya liked.

Jul 3, 2021 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Morning yogurt, where did I see that before?

This was a great start. I wasn't expecting all that much, yet I was immediately pulled in by the atmosphere, premise and setting. Reminds me a lot of Golden Time, ReLIFE and Sakurasou (tho the start more of Mayoiga lmao) It's been a while since we had something like this, that's also nicely paced on top. Makes me feel exhilarated. Would be neat if this is going to be double cour. Not likely, but a man can dream.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2020
I'd rather stare at the key visual than watch another episode to be honest. Other than the scene at night where he's carrying the girl home it was painfully boring.
Jul 3, 2021 8:43 AM

Oct 2017
Another one of those going back to the past to change the future kind of anime but this one looks promising. I suspected Kyouya's housemates are memebers of the platinum trio and from the end scene it's pretty much confirmed. Also the Shino Aki fanservice was great.

Overall a pretty solid premise. The production was good, story/plot was quite intriguing too. Characters seem likeable, specially the mc. Also their eyes look beautiful. Really liked this premise, I'm pretty much sold. Looking forward to more.
Jul 3, 2021 8:49 AM
Dec 2020
MegamiRem said:
Another one of those going back to the past to change the future kind of anime but this one looks promising. I suspected Kyouya's housemates are memebers of the platinum trio and from the end scene it's pretty much confirmed. Also the Shino Aki fanservice was great.

Overall a pretty solid premise. The production was good, story/plot was quite intriguing too. Characters seem likeable, specially the mc. Also their eyes look beautiful. Really liked this premise, I'm pretty much sold. Looking forward to more.
wdym this one looks promising...? You don't like erased or Tokyo revengers?
Jul 3, 2021 8:54 AM

Oct 2020
Looks really interesting. The ReLife vibes though. The 50 min episode was pretty good so looking forward to this. Hoping a bit of romance (?).

Jul 3, 2021 9:04 AM

Jun 2020
I want to find out what I want to do
And what I can do

Really a great start. I like all the characters!! Eyes on Tsurayuki ✿ˢ˘ ³Λ˜~β™‘

OP & ED are pretty good too definitely hits you in the feels.

κ•€ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
κ•€

Jul 3, 2021 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
At first glance at the synopsis & pv, it looks ordinary. After 50 minutes of watching, it turns out that the plot goes very well, the comedy is not excessive, the placement of the OP & ED is just right & I quite enjoy it.

Why is this anime only a comedy genre, there should be a Slice of Life genre?
Jul 3, 2021 9:05 AM

May 2021
why do i feel like eiko also has gotten a second chance n gone back in time just like kyouya? just a prediction.

okay first ep. curious to see what happens next
honyaxJul 3, 2021 3:21 PM
Jul 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Jul 2020
Fairly interesting start, let's see how this goes, realised it was a 50 minute episode when I started to get uncomfortable in my seat, rip my back lol

Solid pacing for a pilot episode, with outstanding visuals honestly, seems like the timeskip is linked to his sleep, comedy is funny enough for cliche's to not be horrendous.

What a surprise! He's living with the plat trio! Who could have guessed! It wasn't obvious at all! Jokes aside this might show that being around people who strive to be better might push you to become better yourself, interestingly. Feels like sakaru sou met tokyo revengers ngl but seems fun enough
LeviathanHWDJul 3, 2021 9:44 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 3, 2021 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
This is pretty good! A great start. My only complain is Aki's high-pitched voice, but I have quickly gotten used to it.
Jul 3, 2021 9:10 AM
Mar 2020
I've been reading the manga and pleasantly surprised the anime is better than expected and approaches the story differently.

I can't wait when they inevitably have their first project for the class they share together.
Jul 3, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2021
James-mark said:
Where do u guys even watched it?

Ani-One Asia (Youtube Channel) for asian region. Other than that, I don't know.

honyax said:

James-mark said:
Where do u guys even watched it?
animixplay.to (;

Is it a legal anime site?
Otherwise, don't recommend it.
ArzetyaJul 3, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 3, 2021 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
so he change his option but both are crappy options. the right option would have been not to go to college and waste time and get a job or a business going
Jul 3, 2021 9:18 AM

Apr 2020
*Tokyo Revenger flashbacks intensifies*
Jul 3, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2021
One hour episode 1, so expectations for this show is high for me.

The premise of the show feels super cliche; middle aged loser gets to retry his golden days, with cute girls and cool bros. I feel like this type of story has been done a million times, but that being said, after the time leap, I think the episode was great.

The university atmosphere throughout the episode really felt genuine and realistic (other than the fact that random boys and girls all of a sudden live together in a share house). And the last scene of Kyouya and Aki walking through the cherry blossom was perfect, both from animation standpoint (feel. is God-like when animating cherry blossoms) and from acting standpoint (Aoi Koga really nails her role).

The final reveal was quite obvious, but none the less, it was a good way to end the opening episode.

Looking forward to future episodes of this
Jul 3, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2020
Well im kinda suprized. I expected worse reLIFE tbh but this really nice for 1st episode. Beutifull animation, enjoyable charakters and nice ost. I will definetly keep up with this one
Jul 3, 2021 9:41 AM
May 2021
Great first episode. I'm already in love with aki
Jul 3, 2021 9:46 AM
Apr 2017
first ep was quite different from manga but it was interesting
Jul 3, 2021 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
Almost forgot that the first episode would be this long haha. But it was enjoyable for me, and I'm very curious to see where it goes next. The characters seem pretty fun, and the story is good so far. Very nice.
Jul 3, 2021 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
Extremely promising, loved it and I'm really glad that we got a one hour special for the first episode too.

The characters seem great, really like the setting and the theme resonates with me. Honestly, when the assistant professor talked about how they were going to school to learn how to make 'low priority' things, I couldn't help but laugh at how she right she was since I went to school for the same thing. xD

The atmosphere is great and feels kinda familiar too since it hasn't been that long since I graduated. Really looking forward to what's next.
Jul 3, 2021 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
I can tell that this will be promising. I enjoyed the episode and the characters were likable. But I didn't expect the episode to be 50min long lol

I can see myself getting into the show
Jul 3, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2017
Wow I was expecting Akishima Shino to be one of his roommates since the time travel and tbh i actually liked it, I hope they can get closer with the time.
Jul 3, 2021 10:09 AM

Mar 2018
Am I the only one that isn't really feeling this anime yet? Like it isn't bad, but I don't understand the praise this anime is getting everywhere

The sequence before the time-jump feels a bit pointless for instance. The first few minutes are enough of a set-up for the time-jump, and has no big reason to be there, other then to introduce a character. The waking up scene with Aki and Kyouya was just terribly tropey, and only made worse my the anime going like "haha we know this is trope we know what we are doing". All the characters so far have not been that interesting, all of them having pretty cookie cutter character types. Especially the main character has nothing going on beside haivng a hopeless future and being "dependable", which screams "mc for others to self-insert into". Lastly, the comedy is nothing, absolutely nothing to write home about. Girlfriend, Girlfriend had better comedy and I had to stop every minute to cringe.

There are still things I liked that kept me going. The setting of a film studio is really interesting. The entire theme of having a hopeless future but trying to make the most of it with a second chance really connects with me. How Kyouya thinks everyone is better and is still trying to find what his purpose is, that is some good motivation. The walking scene where Kyouya walks with Aki, I almost got me teary-eyed for how it connects with me.

Overal, this is kinda tropey boring anime with interesting elements. I wonder where this is gonna go and how long I will stick with it.
Jul 3, 2021 10:18 AM

Sep 2019
Hmm the story is interesting so far. It had some nice VN and LN references. I liked the fan service scenes, Shino Aki is the best girl. I wonder where Aki's boobs went in the OP though. The animation was fine.
Jul 3, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Perfect start. I mean really.
Great story telling and characters. Beautiful art and character design. Awesome voice acting. Really enjoyable OP and ED. I want more. Also Shinoaki, cuteness overload.
It will end as anime of the season on my list probably. It's exactly what I'm searching for in anime. 50 min felt more like 10.
rsc-plJul 3, 2021 10:28 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 3, 2021 10:25 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
More University-related anime are always welcome ~

On a more critical note though, the episode didn't quite click all that much for me. A little bit of a boring long premiere, as such.

I do see a lot of potential though so here's to hoping it'll be heading in that direction.

Former director and fav artist in the same college, I'm low-key expecting the other two inhabitants to be prominent figures in the industry too.

ED seemed pretty nice and Studio feel. did a good job with the art and character designs.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2014
Groenboys said:
The waking up scene with Aki and Kyouya was just terribly tropey, and only made worse my the anime going like "haha we know this is trope we know what we are doing".

This. This killed me. I almost turned it off right then and there. If this is going to be one of THOSE shows it's going to be dropped real quick.
Quality Queen.
Jul 3, 2021 10:55 AM
Mar 2021
Where is the friking comedy??!!!!
Jul 3, 2021 10:58 AM
Dec 2007
Really liked this first episode. Sort of felt like a cross between Re-Life and Saekano. The 50 minute first episode was a nice surprise. Definitely looking forward to seeing more.

d1eeM said:
Looks really interesting. The ReLife vibes though. The 50 min episode was pretty good so looking forward to this. Hoping a bit of romance (?).
I looked up the light novels on another site and the tags are "comedy, drama, ecchi, romance, school, slice of life" so I figure we will probably get some.
GGcc78Jul 3, 2021 11:05 AM
Jul 3, 2021 11:02 AM
Nov 2020
Its been a while since some anime made me this excited. This one turned out to be good and now I am looking forward to the upcoming episodes !
Thought this was going to be a lot like relife. This is relife + Sakura sou.
Still this is FUN !
Jul 3, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2021
A time leap is always interesting, the whole cast seems likeable but an hour long episode of this was way too much for me. It could have started faster too, but got kinda erect with the yoghurt scene so props for that

Jul 3, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2020
Groenboys said:
Am I the only one that isn't really feeling this anime yet? Like it isn't bad, but I don't understand the praise this anime is getting everywhere

The sequence before the time-jump feels a bit pointless for instance. The first few minutes are enough of a set-up for the time-jump, and has no big reason to be there, other then to introduce a character. The waking up scene with Aki and Kyouya was just terribly tropey, and only made worse my the anime going like "haha we know this is trope we know what we are doing". All the characters so far have not been that interesting, all of them having pretty cookie cutter character types. Especially the main character has nothing going on beside haivng a hopeless future and being "dependable", which screams "mc for others to self-insert into". Lastly, the comedy is nothing, absolutely nothing to write home about. Girlfriend, Girlfriend had better comedy and I had to stop every minute to cringe.

There are still things I liked that kept me going. The setting of a film studio is really interesting. The entire theme of having a hopeless future but trying to make the most of it with a second chance really connects with me. How Kyouya thinks everyone is better and is still trying to find what his purpose is, that is some good motivation. The walking scene where Kyouya walks with Aki, I almost got me teary-eyed for how it connects with me.

Overal, this is kinda tropey boring anime with interesting elements. I wonder where this is gonna go and how long I will stick with it.

Like you said the comedy was non-existent and characters were as plain as it gets. I think it's mainly self-inserts and people who relate to that feeling of wanting a do-over that will enjoy it.
Jul 3, 2021 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm okay interesting, it's only the intro so far so nothing really impressive but it will be more interesting when they'll start working in group, also the romance already started it's pretty cute, I like the characters design xD
Jul 3, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
I honestly do not give a single shit about the MC but damn Shino Aki is a 10/10 cutie. Sticking around just for her.
Jul 3, 2021 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
Already seen relife but bokutachi no remake is interesting too, while saturdays are not busy will keep watching this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 3, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
50 mins for the first ep surprised me. i like what im seeing so far, extra points for it being a show centered around college kids/adults. Shinoaki’s voice gonna annoy me for a long while however
Jul 3, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
pretty boring imo and they are confident enough to air it for 50 minutes. Not at all excited for the next episode so will probably drop.
Jul 3, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
ok that was a longass first episode, the story n animation seems pretty average sofar (tho i can relate to mc), not sure if they messed up the genre bc it's giving more of a serious SoL vibe than comedy
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.