3It was OK
2.5%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.8
40 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2012 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nothing I can say will do justice.

So go watch the damn thing.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Mar 8, 2013 12:48 AM

Oct 2009
And they reanimate Yuria, again
Mar 9, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2008
They left Bart and Lynn there just like that? Wow~ At least they should have taken them in or something.

Raoh's death was quite epic. I'm glad Yuria was alive after all, this is the second time they resurrected her and I hope it'll be permanent.
Mar 10, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
sayami said:
They left Bart and Lynn there just like that? Wow~ At least they should have taken them in or something.

If you haven't noticed, Ken was trying to get rid of them the whole way (especially Lynn), but they were persistent, so why would he want to take them in now all of a sudden?
May 7, 2013 7:11 PM

Mar 2013
Raoh's death was as epic as Whitebeard's in one piece !!!! or vice versa
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 14, 2013 4:47 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
vilmarbf said:
Raoh's death was as epic as Whitebeard's in one piece !!!! or vice versa

This was what crossed my mind when I witnessed his death because Raoh and Whitebeard both died standing!

I really enjoyed their final battle. So. Friggin. Awesome. Raoh acknowledges Kenshiro as the man who defeated him and after countless battles, Kenshiro finally reunites with Yuria.

GAR/10. What a thrilling ride that was! I have nothing else to say.
Sep 10, 2013 10:10 AM
Apr 2008
I can't help but note the following after Kenshiro carried his beloved Yuria away after his epic battle:

"...And that, Kenshiro Jr., was how you were born into this world."

----------------------------------------------------------------

I knew there were people that would enjoy the final few episodes, even though I myself found them to easily be the worst part of this otherwise amazing series.

In my opinion, immediately after Fuudo's battle with Raou was when the storytelling became heavy-handed, and the writing and/or directing poor; up until now, we didn't have damn spectators pointing out every little detail of the battle, "He's walking into his aura!!!" as the show previously masterfully used subtlety let the action speak for itself.
Aug 1, 2014 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
Raoh was a complete ass hole so good riddance.
Aug 31, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2013
Was a pretty bad ass exit by Raoh. While I saw Yulia being alive/resurrected from a mile away, I did NOT expect that Raoh had given her a fair amount of Ki to prolong her life... Ofcourse as Ken said that Ki very likely could have been all Raoh needed to win the fight against Ken.. Pretty surprising honestly.
Jun 7, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
Good thing theres a sequel. I think Raoh stayed too long as the main antagonist.
Nov 24, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
Sol_Ou said:
Good thing theres a sequel. I think Raoh stayed too long as the main antagonist.

Agreed. Raoh was not my favorite character but I kinda liked him BUT his arc was waaaaay too long and dragged out honestly imo.
Jun 29, 2016 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
Raoh was his greatest friend? Oh give me a break.

I wanted to see him explode in a bloody mess.
Aug 7, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2016
And of course the episode ends with Lynn screaming at the top of her lungs,
"KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"

xD
Sep 21, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2013
"MY LIFE! I AM NOT A SINGLE REGRETS!"
Feb 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
Finally! Raoh went out.

It was an impressive episode,wonder what the last one will show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2018 6:13 AM

Oct 2012
It's all Heaven's fault.. Blame the Heaven! :P

Aww yeah it was really long, 100+ episodes
I feel bad for Raoh, but he did all those horrible things

That should be a nice end tbh

"Dry your tears, don't you cry" indeed :(
"Signature removed"
Sep 2, 2018 2:28 PM
Sep 2016
i think that raoh is the strongest character in this series and also he is my favorite
Sep 10, 2018 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Fight between Raoh and Kenshiro was great, and Raoh's death was soo epic! I'm glad that Yuria happened to be alive and was given several more years of life thanks to Raoh. At least Kenshiro can be happy now.

This anime was so awesome, can't wait 'till I watch "Hokuto no Ken 2". :)
AdnashSep 10, 2018 3:29 PM
Oct 8, 2019 6:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Raoh is finally dead, this fight was truly epic.
Yuria is heavily sick and Raoh gave her his last energy and died...
Looks like Lynn's tears healed Yuria or idk.
So now Ken and Yuria are reunited, the OST and the last scenes of the episode were truly awesome.
I guess the last episode is a fast recap of the anime or of all the characters, I don't really know but I'm looking forward for the last episode.
Dec 25, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
The end of the fight, Raoh lost and gave Yulia some of his strength

Pretty nice of the two kids, Batt and Lynn to let them go off alone, hopefully they will be safe as Kenshiro won't protect them anymore.

Mar 29, 2020 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
Had a feeling he didn't actually kill Yuria.
Jan 8, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2018
Kenohsama said:
i think that raoh is the strongest character in this series and also he is my favorite

I feel the same way honestly. The show wouldn’t have been as good as it was without him in my opinion. Raoh made the show. He’s a legend.
Oct 12, 2021 5:57 AM
Oct 2017
This has been a good anime, but damn the last arc after the Toki VS Raoh battle just went on far too long.
Mar 3, 2023 7:57 PM
Sep 2017
It was an epic an thrilling ride. I think the show reached its high-point with the first Ke-Raoh fight and the death of Rei. After that it seriously started to drag somewhat. For me Yuria's re-introduction was a mistake by the mangaka. You already had all the motivations and ingrediants for the Ken-Raoh dynamic and their fight. I just could never buy into Raoh's feelings for Yuria and the fact that this was such an integral part of the last episodes somewhat lowered my appreciation for the finale.

Also, I always have a problem with unearned redemptions. Raoh was a brutal, murdering dictator, who was responsible for the deaths of thousands. And suddenly he discovered his soft and loving side and gets a super graceful death and even gets called Ken's best friend by him. 

If I were Rei and Shin I would be pissed in Heaven watching this! 
Jan 15, 7:48 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to Otcho_Shogun28
It was an epic an thrilling ride. I think the show reached its high-point with the first Ke-Raoh fight and the death of Rei. After that it seriously started to drag somewhat. For me Yuria's re-introduction was a mistake by the mangaka. You already had all the motivations and ingrediants for the Ken-Raoh dynamic and their fight. I just could never buy into Raoh's feelings for Yuria and the fact that this was such an integral part of the last episodes somewhat lowered my appreciation for the finale.

Also, I always have a problem with unearned redemptions. Raoh was a brutal, murdering dictator, who was responsible for the deaths of thousands. And suddenly he discovered his soft and loving side and gets a super graceful death and even gets called Ken's best friend by him. 

Otcho_Shogun28 said:

Totally agree with your summary and well written too. Yurias re-intro changed the whole reason for Ken to fight Raoh. It was good for the Shin Arc but unnecessary for the final one against Raoh.
VoelJan 15, 7:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.