3It was OK
14.1%
2Disliked it
3.0%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.3
135 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode felt boring especially the first half but the development in the latter got better.
Suzaku's character really has gone emotional.

The Unknown designs are also getting more bizarre imo.

The guys got a decent moment this episode though between Kasumi and Suzaku. Time for them to wake up to reality. That ending though..Canaria?! Lol, not even surprised at all. Hope they reveal more about the world they are in.
Stark700Sep 3, 2016 10:30 AM
Sep 3, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2016
Well, glad I didn't drop this show after Episode 4.

Dividend paid off.
Sep 3, 2016 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Once again visual problems, but I decided to ignore that

There was no surprise about Canaria and Kanagawa's leaders
The headshot was pretty brutal tho
Sep 3, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
Asuha just got more worried toward his "big brother" just like normal little sister would, isn't she?
And Kasumi already know about the "truth" of Unknown and stuff? And there goes Icchan with his hot-headed act won't listen to what Kasumi need to say. After all, all he heard so far is just a song. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 3, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2014
I must admit I'm liking this development. This and last episode have changed my opinion on this show for the better.
Sep 3, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2012
I'm interested to see where this goes from here. With the two world concept lots of friends will become enemies most likely.
Sep 3, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 2013
Man, this show is actually starting to get really good. A bit too late now, but better than never I guess.
Sep 3, 2016 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
This is the exact moment I'd start screaming "I told you so". Yea, it'd have been very interesting if the actually killed Canaria, but it was pretty obvious there was no way that it was going to happen, at least, not like that. The "world" now fits my general little prediction, can't wait to see how the whole matrix-esque, human farming thing turns out.

So far it seems like those little chips pull a little 180 on the human mind, make them see the world as alive, and uncontrolled humans as the things that originally attacked the planet. Pretty clever actually. Maintaining control over your power source and tricking it into fighting off those who are actually trying to save it.
Sep 3, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
why the visual so bad..
it's worse than FT 2014
A-1 plz
Sep 3, 2016 11:30 AM
May 2013
Somehow, I expected what just happened ...
didn't surprise me....
almost forgot about the 'main' MC ... haha .. but still he managed to annoy me ...
Chigusa siblings are the best... they were the only reason I didn't drop this show..
now things get a little interesting now that our main MCs have 'awakened'... but the art is bad as usual.....
Sep 3, 2016 11:30 AM
Jan 2012
really liked this episode, first half was slow then it did pick up the pace and showed something useful which made me kinda happy that my waiting was paid off. really looking for next weeks episode on how the fight will go out.

Sep 3, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
creepy love scene but overall it was a pretty good episode straight to the point
Sep 3, 2016 11:43 AM
Jun 2016
I was so cheering when we see a hint of the one unkown being one of the two being taken two episodes ago.

And I'm thinking of those that said, "Well we will know whose right if we see a sword wielding unknown next attack." hehe :>

My only minor issue with the episode is I wish we had seen things from the main chars perspective more :> Yes it builds mystery but I would like to have seen what he saw when he shot the human.
Sep 3, 2016 11:46 AM
Mar 2015
Okay, this show really is getting into some weird Matrix level Batman Knightmare, weird Inception stuff right there!

I just knew the characters were alive. I didn't know how or when, but i just knew it.

This show is getting really interesting now.... And with only 3 ep's to go, where do you go from here.
Sep 3, 2016 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's a real pity the animation is so bad. The visuals are terrible. I expected better quality from A-1. They could have made this a really good show. It's still quite interesting though.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Sep 3, 2016 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode, actually aside from the horrible animation (I mean probably time constrains due to horrible schedules) these past few episodes were actually pretty good. I'm really digging it in reality. Which, is actually interesting.
Sep 3, 2016 12:09 PM

Dec 2013
Oh boy, it's rly interesting now. I mean, no surprises, Canaria is alive, but I like this development. Matrix vibe is vibe (ignore my futile attempt to make a meme). Visuals are horrible tho.
Sep 3, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
I already guesses the supposedly deceased characters weren't dead and that the chip made them view a fake world, but I couldn't say I disliked the development.

The thing is, what they willd do at this point?
Visuals were awful, as expected.
Sep 3, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
Boy, that escalated quickly.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 3, 2016 12:33 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah interesting. Those ships/landing pods that seemed to devour people are actually rescuing them. What I'm interested now: What happened with the world?

I guess all humans (sniper guy killed one of the normal adults so it isn't only the administration guys) are aliens and all the "Unknown" are humans. And those aliens made some experiments to use human children (better to manipulate the bodies at young stage) to create them as stronger fighters/weapons. But since they are mainly defending ... doesn't seem to have worked that well.

Also the admin female from last episode (the one they killed) called them "livestock" they maybe profit of their energy or eat them (the ones that can't fight anymore and get transfered to the inside).

I guess we will get some more infos now that the main chars all know about the world they saw was fake and sniper guy found something in those documents ... he probably is going to explain later. And they might contact other humans (which they previously only saw as "Unknown").
Sep 3, 2016 12:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The plot is really, really good as of now. I loved to see everything unfold in this episode. Kasumi is certified badass.
Sep 3, 2016 1:09 PM
Mar 2016
So nobody really died, Canaria and them Kanagawa lesbians are alive, so now that the leaders have seen the truth, it now seem that the real unknowns are the adults.
Sep 3, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
just like everyone predicted that canaria girl didn't dead, well except the animation everything else are fine i guess. ah if not for incest thing, that chigusa sibling is so awesome, well what can i do lol.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Sep 3, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Canaria is alive after all. We will get to see more truths about the real world!
Sep 3, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
The whole concept of "This world is fake" totally reminds me of Saya No Uta.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Sep 3, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2011
WARNING: Don't click spoiler if you haven't watched the anime until 23:20.
Watch this episode, then click my spoiler

Last episode I had to rush it, but I started to understand what is going on, this episode confirmed it... It's started to turn good.
"Better late" then never!
Sep 3, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2012
Oh my.. so what they were killing before are actually the real humans?!?!!? Damn. And wait, does it also means that Ms Airi Yuunami is an alien too including Asanagi, Gutoku? Because they treat the kids like their family so you can never suspect at first.. what a twist...
Sep 3, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
Yautja said:
This is the exact moment I'd start screaming "I told you so"

You and me both my friend.

Hell people should have started picking up the oddness in certain characters and the adults words as a big clue really. Hell this show went with the sucker punching us with the "it's a normal generic story of good VS evil." May do that later but I hope they give some more interesting twist in future for us to see.

The visual and so on been a let down? Don't give a damn as I seen far worst in shows that had solid story but garbage visuals.

It's the story not the image that's important.... but the visuals help immensely though.....
Sep 3, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2015
Things are definitely starting to get interesting now in this show with this whole "fake world" concept. Hopefully they can keep this up till the last episode.

Sep 3, 2016 3:26 PM

Aug 2015
The visual makes me sick.
Sep 3, 2016 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
All aboard for the best anime this season. Choo choo.

Yeah the animation can be trash, but the plot twist is dope. Not that I didn't see that coming, though. The new sword wielding and giant cape wearing unknown gave it away completely even before Asuha saw their true forms.
Sep 3, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2013
New OP to go with that new ED (which is awesome by the way). The new OP is kinda cool. What's not cool is the big drop in visual quality. Last episode sucked visually and this one's no better especially the first few scenes with Asuha with Kasumi. Those were exceptionally terrible looking. Thanks a lot A-1.

So the world the kids see is fake thanks to the code or whatever on the back of their necks. They see the messed up world as a pretty in decent condition world. The "unknown" are those not under the influence of that code (that's what they call it, right?). The "unknown" see everything perfectly normally whereas the "normal" people see things abnormally. The "normal" here is a destroyed world while the "abnormal" here is a world in decent shape. Kasumi was able to see the world in both ways which led to him uncovering the truth. The adults are the enemies who are controlling the kids. The adult Kasumi killed was probably an unknown kind of being, the type who is controlling everything. Those hit by that unknown laser guided missile whatever thingy, opened up to reality and appeared as unknown to those still under the effect. And Canaria, Hotaru and Maihime are alive. They're only in the real world instead of the dream world they were previously seeing. Hotaru and Maihime helped open Asuha's eyes and Kasumi and Canaria helped open Suzaku's eyes. Now to lead a rebellion or whatever against the adults. They have to attack the source because that would be faster than individually waking up everyone. Suzaku will probably still appear normal to everyone just like Kasumi. That's probably because he wasn't hit by that whatever. Although I don't really see the purpose in them being hit by that thing since they're already awake once that thing on their neck gets destroyed. Unless they're not being hit by that in reality and it's just something seen in the dream world as a sign that this individual is no longer under the effect of the whatever the adults made and is now dead to them. What Kasumi saw in those documents was interesting. I think I saw a Suzaku with an Asuha. Or maybe it's just me. The world here sure has gotten interesting.
Sep 3, 2016 4:25 PM

Sep 2014
Yamada2 said:
Suzaku will probably still appear normal to everyone just like Kasumi. That's probably because he wasn't hit by that whatever. Although I don't really see the purpose in them being hit by that thing since they're already awake once that thing on their neck gets destroyed. Unless they're not being hit by that in reality and it's just something seen in the dream world as a sign that this individual is no longer under the effect of the whatever the adults made and is now dead to them. What Kasumi saw in those documents was interesting. interesting.

As far as I understood it the reason Kasumi was still appearing normal etc was because his chip was only partially destroyed as evident by the fact that only his right eye could see the "truth" of the world. Now that Suzakus chip is fully destroyed he should realistically also appear as unknown to the ones with working chips(Can't say I'm 100% sure about how it works though since Maihime etc dissapeared for a while after "dying").
Jeppe950Sep 3, 2016 4:30 PM
Sep 3, 2016 7:15 PM
Dec 2014
My previous theory, contradicting the general ideas I read here, was that the adults aren't necessarily "the unknown". I always thought that they might be human terrorists who abducted children and manipulated them to fight in their own favor. That bitch from Administration who spoke of the kids as weapons underlined my theory imo. Hopefully she's really dead.
Also that ranking system seemed to go fine with my theory. Using competition as driving force to make sure that the "weapons" train.

However, now after this episode I doubt that this theory is really applicable here. I liked the EP a lot. Looking forward to next weeks EP.

PS: I hope that all the killed fodder unknown were not humans but roboters or something...
RisingSun452Sep 3, 2016 7:26 PM
Sep 3, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2015
Vanschia said:
why the visual so bad..
it's worse than FT 2014
A-1 plz

They have like 4 shows airing this season, that might explain why the visuals are so bad, imagine doing 4 episodes per week must be tough on them
Sep 3, 2016 7:19 PM
Apr 2015
" You are the real hero, Suzaku "
Nope it was only you Kasumi.
Sep 3, 2016 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
it was so obvious the 2 new unknowns were Maihime and Hotaru, their designs resembled them perfectly, one had a coat/cape and the other a sword.

So Hiroaki's character is evil then? i'm sad =´(

Also, the animators dont care about the quality anymore? some moments were just awfull to watch, my eyes almost bled. òÓ
Sep 3, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2014
wow literally no one die

If only Canaria just stay dead...I'd rate this 10/10 without nay guilt
Sep 3, 2016 8:11 PM

Apr 2009
dammit i wanna show to that Ichiya guy how it feels to be back in time and i'll send him to the WWI period which gas attacks were first use and still the animation is bad and ugly
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 3, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2013
My first thought after you start to see the episode is about the poor quality of the animation, almost it was harmful to my eyes, on the other hand, I'm really enjoying the soundtrack, actually saves several scenes in the anime.

About the plot, I wonder if the writers have something against Suzaku, in this episode he seemed like the betrayed husband who is always the last to know and then still end up forgiving the betrayal, well, it seems he will have more prominence in this final stretch of the anime ..
Sep 3, 2016 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
Omg the visuals has seriously gone to shit. It's just too much now. Kasumi's face was just completely messed up in one sequence...actually pretty much all of them but there was one that was just ridiculous. How can this be taken seriously.

Canaria didn't even have a mouth after the credits! Wth
Sep 3, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
I'm loving this show, the OST is amazing, like the characters, interesting story (especially after this episode) but the visuals and animation.... WHY!?!?
Sep 3, 2016 10:49 PM

Aug 2014
it's very pitiful when they have great OST, good chara and story, but lack in art and animation. Glad to see hime-chii is back
Sep 3, 2016 11:19 PM

Jul 2016
Above average.(4/5)

Though the first half is a bit slow,boring with unnecessary scenes.we can acquire more information about the another world,that the unknowns are actually not the bad guys,the officers are just faking the world.
Another discovery is that Canaria is actually become unknown after the unknown attacked her,which is kind of surprising,I wonder is that all ppl that killed by unknowns from the faked world are actually became unknowns??? But it doesn't make sense becuz if that's true then why some unknowns attacked the ppl???I believe that maybe it's only for the teens that inserted the code,the others who killed by unknowns will be still died.Though I hope more mysteries about the unknowns could be discovered in next episode.^.^

Visuals are poor as usual but I didn't care that already.
TokumiaSep 3, 2016 11:24 PM

Life is empty without anime

Sep 4, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
Looks like this anime plot ends up like Cross Ange and Macross F where they're fighting the wrong enemies from the very beginning & the real enemies are.. I guess true to what they say keep your friends close & enemies closer.
Sep 4, 2016 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
So yes, all the time they was killing humans when the real unknows were all the adults on their side...
That's dumb, right ? :D

But I still wait the explanation to why the characters we thought dead disappeared when they removed their chip. The zone thing, I still don't get it either...
Sep 4, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty much everyone and their uncle could predict the Matrix-esque plot twist of this show. Just wanna say that I wish they'd have done it a lot sooner (like in episode 4 or something), because flipping the script this late into the show is rewarding only for those who stayed to watch, whilst most of the target audience has already dropped it due to the repetitive monotony of the first 7 episodes.

Too little too late if you ask me.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 4, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
Shame about that lazy animation, but plot turned to be pretty interesting and ost/ops/eds and seiyus, especially Asuha's are awesome.

On a side note: what's going on with A-1?? they got series with great animation, but then are things like this and Fairy Tail 2014 looking like they spent 90% budget in audio.
Apollo_MadaoSep 4, 2016 3:00 AM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Sep 4, 2016 3:19 AM

Apr 2015
I just realize this.. but A-1 Picture did this anime?? What?? Man.. why did the fighting and artwork work for this series bad?? A-1 picture did Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso right??
They don't have enough budget or what?
The thing that keep me going through this series is probably because of the story line..
They really need to remake this anime.. have so much potential..

Regarding this episode.. the first half is so-so.. after that all good.
Sep 4, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
The moment I think about the title and the microchips behind their necks, I know something is wrong. I see a lot of fictional anime and games that shows It can easily manipulate the human mind.

Glad to see Canaria again.

But the animation is horrible. Its horribly visible.

I'm guessing the real unknowns are the adults and unknowns are the real humans.
MagitoSep 4, 2016 6:54 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.