3It was OK
13.6%
2Disliked it
2.3%
1Hated it
4.5%
Average 4.2
88 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that past experience must of been painful for Jirou.

Episode felt kinda slow until the second half. We get more of big action but a big oversized stone-like monster taking on a mecha 4 legged machine? Lol strange. The action was better than I had expected.
Nov 22, 2015 7:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Overall decent episode. First half felt boring at times and I think the second half didn't deliver as much as I expected. Those are some pretty badass children though :D

3/5
Nov 22, 2015 7:38 AM
Jun 2014
More pieces of the puzzle fall into place as we finally learn about the Rainbow Knight's backstory... but dangit, for every loose end they tie up, another two or three take its place.

There are still enough large gaps left in the timeline for me to think this will definitely have a second-cour, not just this one as some have been saying... or so I hope at least
Nov 22, 2015 7:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
And there's the drop in the anime. There is a grey shade, people can't just be black or white.

Jirou got saved by Rainbow Knight when he was young.

Emi's facial expressions in this episode were awfully cute xD
Nov 22, 2015 8:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I absolutely loved this episode....My only regret is that it seems like we won't get a follow up to the future event next week

Still, that Rainbow Knight was truly a legend and I really wonder what his true identity was
Nov 22, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
We're getting closer to the point where the truth will come to light.

Jirou looked pretty cool dressed up as the Rainbow Knight. It's nice how he used to look up to him (and even collected figures and cards).

Tokoya said:

Still, that Rainbow Knight was truly a legend and I really wonder what his true identity was

Same, there must be some significance behind it.
Nov 22, 2015 9:12 AM

Sep 2014
I'm finding Jirou as more of an interesting character lately. (already thought he was interesting before, but moreso now.)
Nov 22, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
With each passing episode the more I look forward to the ending as to how they would manage to wrap everything up. Would Jirou end up just like Rainbow Knight, or perhaps something even greater?

Giving even more meaning and significance to the events that is happening at the ending, I am hyped! But really, this anime has been well-thought-out thus far, and one that allows its viewers to connect to many of the characters despite being only highlighted for one episode. To allure people to think about the greater picture, on how every episode is like a key that opens a door that leads to the climax.

"Just what is he/she up to?" is the question that comes back over and over again.
Nov 22, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2015
the time shift again. And they @dd new characters Again. For a series of 12 chapters added much information. The case of the knight and the club BL detectives were interesting. Not to mention the arming sequence Gigander 7
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 22, 2015 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
The whole thing with Rainbow Knight was very reminiscent of Watchmen(the whole Comedian's murder mystery thing and the behind the scenes motivations and manipulation going on). Really intrigued to find out the truth behind what happened. Very fitting VA too

Also it just struck me at how much Shiba and Jiro parallel each other, down to being victims of someone wanting to experiment(even if Jiro does not know it). I Would not be surprised if Jiro's adoptive-father wa behind Shiba's circumstances too.

The post credits sequence also raises questions about what happened as not only whatever happened caused Jiro to go rogue, but others like Daitetsu came to view him into hostile fashion ("You turned into trash")
Nov 22, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
More Jiro backstory. (The peak of the first half was that kaijuu arc, which ironically enough was backstory for Jiro and was referenced in this episode)

Though I'm wondering, whatever happened to the rest of the members of that BL club thing?
Nov 22, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
Decent episode i guess.
The battle was pretty good too.
And more of Jirou's back story..... now that's what i need.
3/5
Nov 22, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
The superhuman bureau isn't evil evil but still follow evil orders.
The bl gang looks fine but did everyone else die or something :(
The corpses jiro found should be beast corpses.
Rainbow Knight must have discovered the gov was using superhumans.
Nov 22, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2015
The first half was misterious with the Rainbow Knight and the children in the past. Then the second half was very good with the Jiro's backstory, the fight and... The heck is doing Akita? O_o
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 22, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
>Starts by introducing another character central to this week's episode
>Moral ambiguity ensues
>Ends on a cliffhanger that raises more questions to be ignored next week
Pretty standard Concrete Revolutio this week. A bit predictable with the twists too, but that probably says more about my perceptiveness as a viewer than anything else. Still some interesting stuff. Still some interesting stuff to chew on nonetheless. Even with all the information regarding Rainbow Knight this week, we still don't know what 's really going on under that helmet. What did he need those kids for? Sure he may have claimed that taking them was for their safety as superhumans, but Daitetsu seemed to get by just fine without him. Maybe it was for the same cause Jiro's striving for? Yeah that's probably it.
gedataNov 22, 2015 2:10 PM
Nov 22, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
that was a really good episode
Nov 22, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Jirou got saved by Rainbow Knight when he was young!
Nov 22, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
No way Kamen Raider is evil, you have to be rotten inside to make him evil.
Nov 22, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2008
gedata said:
>Starts by introducing another character central to this week's episode

Well, BL Clan with Juvenile Detective team were "introduced" in the episode 6 for the first time. So it was a matter if time when they'd shine in the story.

gedata said:
>Moral ambiguity ensues
>Ends on a cliffhanger that raises more questions to be ignored next week

It actually brought conclusions to this episode story, i.e. it gave answers rather than raised questions. It hinted an explanation what Rex FE, controlled by Daitetsu, is - an advanced version of Gigander 7. It also showed that Daitetsu didn't understand a thing Jirou taught him about being an ally to justice. It pretty much means that Daitetsu kept being manipulated by SH (SuperHuman) Labs and had his brain washed in a similar fashion to other SH "managed" by the Bureau.

gedata said:
Even with all the information regarding Rainbow Knight this week, we still don't know what 's really going on under that helmet. What did he need those kids for? Sure he may have claimed that taking them was for their safety as superhumans, but Daitetsu seemed to get by just fine without him. Maybe it was for the same cause Jiro's striving for? Yeah that's probably it.
Yes. That's the whole point. Kidnapped Daitetsu said to Rainbow Knight that he was going to the Labs to develop his SH abilities and become the SH of justice or something like that. What Rainbow Knight wanted instead was to protect the SH from government control and let them grow independently, so that they could become allies to justice.

Based on how things ended, my bet is that Bureau Chief is the real Eye of Lucifer (as a I mastermind I mean, and besides, his hair sure suit the role of a devil, hehe), that's why he needed the mask stolen from Daitetsu in the end. I'm pretty sure he was the collector. He also had to attack Jirou and Daitetsu with that stone monster at the end of the episode in an attempt to prevent these two from a proper conversation about justice.
And in the past, he created the Eye of Lucifer in order to control the Japanese society. They needed a hero after losing the war. And a hero needed evil to fight. I also could speculate that he's a monster (a youkai), like Emi, based on his spirit-like form. If that's the case, then the whole post-war Japan is pretty much ruled by youkais, who are trying to manage the population by means of "protecting" those who have the highest influence among the crowd, i.e. superhumans, as well as by introducing beasts, changing morals, etc. They also have to take care of the external affairs, especially with the US, ahem, Master Ultima, and all that Defence Forces blahblah.
The reason why Jirou leaves the Bureau is very likely because he doesn't like such moral shifts from black to white and vice versa. He understands that people who actually can influence the society are completely manipulated by the superhuman bureau and are thus aligned with government (and thus youkai) needs. Jirou wants to stop that. So I guess that he'll be the one to try to revolutionise the world, concretely.

Some side notes from this episode. In Shinka 38, Jirou was in the class 3-3 as written on his jacket collar. If it's the third grade of the high school, is he 17-18 back then? Not sure about the Japanese school system in Showa period.
Also notice that he didn't have the locks installed back then. I wonder if the wish, which Emi asked Jirou to grant in return for pointing where Rainbow Knight was, was to get these locks installed. But that's too speculative. We'll probably learn later.
I also think that this whole BL and Gigander stuff is actually coming from the future thanks to Jaguar-san. I mean, the Juvenile Detective is an obvious reference to Case Closed (Detective Conan) as well as Gigander is a reference to Super Robots - that's like '80s and '90s (i.e. end of Showa, beginning of Heisei era) while the main story's set pretty much around '50s-'70s (post-war Japan, middle of the Showa period). It was also hinted in the episode that the technology Gigander's using could only come from Jaguar-san or magic.
UPD: after checking the wiki about the Super Robots mecha, I realised that Gigander 7 is a reference to Gigantor (Tetsujin 28-gō) from the 60's, so I was wrong about it coming from the future. The Detective Conan reference holds though, unless I missed a very popular mystery show with kids from the 60's (Lupin III from that time left tons of influences on the mystery genre although Lupin's not a kid).
soulelleNov 22, 2015 9:52 PM
Nov 22, 2015 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
AnimusPrime said:

There are still enough large gaps left in the timeline for me to think this will definitely have a second-cour, not just this one as some have been saying... or so I hope at least

That's what I've been thinking.

They've been setting up all of these plot pieces while making each individual episode episodic. I wouldn't see the point of them adding the flash forwards unless they planned on connecting everything together.

Seeing as how there are only 5 episodes left, I don't see how they can continue the episodic method, and then somehow have enough time to show us all of the future events connected and how the story would conclude. I think it would be best if they had a 2nd cour and the entire thing was set in the future without anymore time skips.

I mean so far we have:
- Jirou on the run with Gross Augen w/ Kikko and Furrouta chasing him
- Furrouta having to deal with killing of the bug queen's race with that grenade
- Jirou fighting that detective guy at that base who has gone like full evil mode
- Jirou and Judas recovering Earth-chan's locked up body
- Jirou and Earth-chan fighting Pocket Watch guy and the kid from this episode

All of that on top of the plot that's being staged with the whole Earth Defense Force thing, and with Emi and the red doll thing having secret talks.
Nov 23, 2015 2:12 AM

Oct 2014
Concrete Revolutio: When you mix all kind of superheroes with political shits

Pretty interesting episode with the back-story and mecha fight. But didn't anyone find it weird that Rainbow Knight's armor color isn't really rainbow? 5/5
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Nov 23, 2015 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:
AnimusPrime said:

That's what I've been thinking.

They've been setting up all of these plot pieces while making each individual episode episodic. I wouldn't see the point of them adding the flash forwards unless they planned on connecting everything together.

Seeing as how there are only 5 episodes left, I don't see how they can continue the episodic method, and then somehow have enough time to show us all of the future events connected and how the story would conclude. I think it would be best if they had a 2nd cour and the entire thing was set in the future without anymore time skips.

I mean so far we have:
- Furrouta having to deal with killing of the bug queen's race with that grenade
- Jirou fighting that detective guy at that base who has gone like full evil mode

All of that on top of the plot that's being staged with the whole Earth Defense Force thing, and with Emi and the red doll thing having secret talks.

A second cour was pretty much confirmed when the series was announced.
Nov 23, 2015 6:23 AM

Sep 2014
Jirou's gotten good development so far ans he's definitely my favourite character.
Nov 23, 2015 8:58 AM

Mar 2008
Jonesy974 said:

I mean so far we have:

Well, you forgot one important event. So if you add it, reorder them in a chronological order, and think a little bit, you'll get the story.

- Oct. 44: Jirou starts gathering the team with Mountain Horse. He still wears his Bureau suit, without the red scarf, but Bureau already recognised him as danger. Kikko apparently is unaware of the whole thing at that time so she probably thinks Jirou's gone missing or something like that.
- Apr. 46: Jirou on the run with Gross Augen w/ Kikko and Fuurouta chasing him. Now he has the new uniform with the red scarf. Not clear if Grosse Augen's part of his team or simply returned a favour.
- Feb. 47: Jirou fighting that detective guy at that base who has gone like full evil mode. Jirou merges Type A and Type B to produce Megasshin, who becomes a member of his team.
- Apr. 47: Jirou and Judas recovering Earth-chan's locked up body. Megasshin helps. Earth-chan will join Jirou's team.
- Oct. 47: Jirou and Earth-chan fighting Jaguar-san (Yoshimura Hyouma, time traveller) and Daitetsu Maki.
- Aug. 48: Fuurouta having to deal with killing of the bug queen's race with that grenade.

So my expectations for the coming 5 episodes:
* fill the gap between Jan. 43 and Oct. 44, i.e. what exactly made Jirou realise that Bureau values and virtues are not compatible to his and made him separate.
* monster (youkai) craze arc as promised during the beast (kaiju) craze arc. Probably centred around Emi who is a youkai. That could well be the reason for Jirou to separate from Bureau.
* flashforwards in which Jirou meets Emi and Chief, other opposing bureau members are now covered
* figure out why Kikko said that she's twenty now, during that train incident in Apr. 46
* find out who's advisor Satomi (someone related to the government who doesn't like superhumans - opposing force to Bureau. He used mediagirl Touzaki twice to depict superhumans in a bad light)
* conclusion - what happens to Jirou after he fights all Bureau members and either destroys them (detective Shiba?) or bring them to his side (Fuurouta?). Romantic conclusion for Jirou x Kikko is also necessary.

Should be totally doable. Although if we do have the 2nd cour, it'd probably be nice to see these future events expanded, but I'd rather have the 2nd season set in a different time frame. To see how justice and politics evolved from back then to, say, 80's-90's or even our days, 00's-10's
Nov 23, 2015 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
Well now, again more character development, I like it. Who wouldn't want to be able to bend metal every now and then, amirite?

Nov 23, 2015 12:13 PM

May 2015
Alright episode. Didn't enjoy it as much as some previous episodes. Action was good though, and that ending was interesting.

Nov 23, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
This show just keeps on getting more and more interesting. I'm hooked!

Why can't the next episode be here alreaaaadyyyyyy
Nov 23, 2015 8:47 PM
Dec 2014
The way they are tellin the story on this anime kind of reminds me of the way Tarantino tell on his movies, like I didn't understand a shit of Reservoir Dogs the first time I've watched, maybe that's why the score for this anime is so low, bc its hard to get it.
Nov 24, 2015 5:40 AM

Jan 2014
Wow there is a lot of background here to cover regarding one hero name that wasn't used in a while.

Well I guess it isn't unknown for us that the bureau or rather the old men controlling it are dirty. But what exactly are they doing is what I don't quite get yet.

It would be really helpful if they show us Jirou's turning point.
Nov 25, 2015 3:14 AM

May 2014
This anime's getting more interesting by the episode. I so hope for a second season if they can't wrap it up in one season.
And I would also like an episode where everything gets clear, I'm so confused after all.
Or I could just watch the recap or sth
Nov 25, 2015 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
Jiro is turning out to be a pretty interesting character now, though i really am longing to see the shit that really make jiro turn rogue

My guess is that the next episode or 2 will be the last of the episodic set up and the final 3 episodes of the show will be the thing that causes him to awol with the 2nd seaosn being dedicated to the future.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
I think it's pretty funny that their group is called BL.

I like their power to control metal, instant armor.

Then Jirou saying Daitetsu grew up handsomely. SHIP!!!!!!!!!
BibimbapskiNov 25, 2015 8:50 PM
臭い-
Nov 26, 2015 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
Daitetsu faces off with Jiro OMG
Nov 27, 2015 11:17 AM

Mar 2015
I bet to understand everything at least a bit I will need to rewatch the whole series one or two times when it's finished.
It's quite a shame that this show hasn't got a higher rating and much more watchers, it's really fun. Plus you need to rack your brain at least a little and sadly that isn't a very common trait nowadays.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Dec 11, 2015 4:52 AM
Mar 2012
Lelouch=Daitetsu!
Lots of clever trickery between Bureau vs Daitetsu, trying to expose each other, forming & solving a short mystery.
Wacky fights with super robos, magical curtain teleporting a rifle was cool, rocks controlled by ojiisan's tamashi.
Pretty cool how the mystery informs their future conflicts in year 47.
Sounds like Rainbow Knight's trying to protect super kids from "the lab". Several episodes hinted how Jirou was being used & victim of "the lab". Seems like ransom etc was a lie to criminalize Rainbow, for the lab to keeping playing with super powers. If they start wrapping ends, with this hyper speed, 5 episodes seem possible.
Black, white, rainbow!
Feb 2, 2016 6:42 PM

May 2012
An average episode again...
Feb 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Mar 2013
I'm finding it really hard to finish this series and can only manage a couple of episodes at a time if that. It's not because it's necessarily "bad" but the structure makes it difficult to follow and just unenjoyable to watch. It's like Lost: The Anime.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 2, 2017 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
Earth-chan woke up?
Jiro in his high school uniform during his senior year. So he should be 22 or 23 right now.
Dat post credit scene.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 29, 2022 3:58 AM

Aug 2017
I suspect that the whole BL stuff might be a reference to Ranpo's "Boy Detective Club", though we have girls here as well.
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
@Stormblade What was "BL"?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.