Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Good for Hayase. His hard work paid off which earned hm a promotion.

Ryuu also showed more emotions than usual. Feels like this episode gave him and other cast regulars some time to express themselves. Curious what else they have planned for Miwa.
Jun 5, 8:44 AM

Dec 2021
Hiroaki has been promoted to the position of North America branch manager. After missing a dinner appointment due to work, he reconnects with Rumi at Eden Hall, and they begin meeting up regularly.

One day, after work, Ryuu and Hiroaki visit North Wind.

Jun 5, 10:12 AM

Mar 2021
Congratulations to Hayase on his promotion and his new job in America. This episode felt really laid back and relaxing.
Jun 5, 11:43 AM
Feb 2023
Is it worthy to sacrifice family and health to get job promotions? It is for some, not for others... who can judge
Jun 5, 11:46 AM

Nov 2023
This episode portraied perfectly the feeling of having to make a decision that you think is best for you, while not being satisfied with it.
It's true that sometimes you need to sacrifice something you love now, so that you can be happy in the future.
But it's also true that you can never be happy if you only focus on investing in the future.
Making your future better means nothing if you have no future to begin with.
If that's the only thing you care about, you will always have that thorn in the heart.

Hayase regrets leaving his family behind and justifies that sucrifice with more sucrifices, keeping the thorn in the heart fearing the bleeding that would come from pulling it out.
When Sasakura realises that he is conflicted, he takes him to the only bartender who can help him make a decision, Kitakata.
In cases like these, all that's needed is a nudge in the right direction. When your injured heart tells you it's time to pull out the thorn, you are instinctively looking for a sign, anything to reassure you that the time is right.
That's what bars like Kitakata's are for: Finding the confidence necessary to make a hard decision.
Thus, Hayase was finally able to pull out the thorn and reject the promotion, in favor of his relationship with Kimishima.

10 / 10
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
Glad Hayase made the right choice. It's important to know when to stop, even if you're certain you can keep going.
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Dec 2018
Really just a sad episode, I don't know if there's a correct answer for his future but I hope he ends up happy.
Jun 5, 2:09 PM
Apr 2024
Sasakura continues to be one of the most incredible protagonists I have ever seen, with empathy, affection and appreciation for his spectacular audience, but even angels have their wings broken and this is demonstrated when we see that he has not overcome what he He spent it with a client and he uses the rain to wash away his tears, poetically speaking this is beautiful, this anime apart from the hype is spectacular this anime is incredibly incredible and Sasakura is one of the best protagonists I've ever seen
Jun 5, 2:09 PM

Mar 2023
Kind of a depressing episode. It's unfortunate that Ryuu is only in love with his job though, I wish there was a chance for him to be in love with me. Heavy is the head that has guilt from the death of another though, hopefully Ryuu can work out that pain.

In my opinion, I don't think Ryuu should move to the Cardinal Hotel. I think his talents are better served at EdenHall, even if it has way less foot traffic.
Jun 5, 2:13 PM
Jan 2018
No words can describe the beauty that this chapter expresses.
Jun 5, 2:56 PM

Jul 2022
I finished this episode with a lump in my throat. I can't picture Sasakura in any other bar than Edenhall, honestly. I hope they show us more of Hayase and Kimishima.

Jun 5, 6:24 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Can’t wait for next week’s episode!
Jun 5, 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
  • This episode consists of chapter 55, 81-82 of the source material. The theme in common for those chapters would be 'indecision'.
  • whew, the elite paid 20,000 yen for a drink. Half of it is for the mess to the counter and rude payment manner. Actually, counselling fee + a drink for 10,000 yen may be not so expensive if you don't have a person to talk your waver. It should be better than AIs today.
  • cocktail of this week: BoilerMaker, Tom & Jerry. Is the latter an equivalent of Japanese tamago zake? But the picture in Wiki seems so fluffy.
kuroneko99Jun 8, 6:39 PM
Jun 5, 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
What a sombre episode.

Hayase took the gamble to see how things pan out with Kimishima, even if it costs him the promotion.
Previous sacrifices be damned. Hope the relationship works out for both of them.

Ryu has taken a step to getting over his trauma.

That flipping Grandfather. He's basically trapping Ryu into accepting and not letting Ryu come to the decision that he is ready himself.
I just want Ryu to spend more time with Miwa, that Grandfather can back the f off.
Jun 6, 12:40 AM

Oct 2016
Oh yeah, loved the tom & jerry & the heartfelt thank you that was purposefully left unrecognized. Enjoyed the first half of the episode as well, gem in the rough!
Jun 6, 6:30 AM

Jan 2017
Too many emotions in this episode..
I just want Sasakura to be happy 😢🖤
Jun 6, 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
What a beautiful guy, this anime gives me hope that there will only be an anime like it, this one makes me breathe a sigh of relief when I see it
Jun 6, 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was surprisingly powerful and emotional. That end made me sad for Ryu
Jun 6, 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
I’m just patiently waiting for Sasakura’s decision.
Jun 6, 11:10 PM
Aug 2021
ok I ship sasakura + the hotel granddaughter
seriously though this show is so comfy
Jun 7, 3:16 AM
Apr 2022
i guess Ryuu has become afraid of heights ever since his customer died that way, feels bad man :(
Jun 7, 7:57 AM

Jun 2020
The last scene was so beautiful and heart wrenching... I really want Sasakura to works in Cardinal Hotel but his entire identity is literally the whole Edenhall so it's kinda difficult to choose.

Did they just showed us some clues for the romance part in the future? Sasakura and Kurushima have a really nice dynamic actually so I hope it's true.
Jun 8, 3:04 AM
Sep 2021
This episode had a deep meaning & it conveyed what it had to.
Jun 9, 12:58 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I see, so the reason Ryu keeps blaming himself was because that guest could have had a different drink that would have changed their mind about committing suicide. I guess that's a possibility but at the same time there are a lot of factors that we don't about a person in that situation so automatic thinking can become quite toxic. Nonetheless, now he sees that even with his perceived inexperience there is someone who cares for him even outside the business opportunity.

I don't know how many episodes are left but it appears to be wrapping up.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 10, 4:16 AM

Nov 2022
Miwa and Ryuu are made for each other, fingers crossed they get together 💙 ... and for Ryuu to overcome his past!

Damn, only watched one ep when it started airing and thought I'd catch up now with more eps, expecting some fun chill times watching people talk about drinks in a mellow setting... but this show is so much more, the way at times the tears well up... masterful
Jun 10, 4:19 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to Adverrito
i guess Ryuu has become afraid of heights ever since his customer died that way, feels bad man :(
@Adverrito yeah it clicked for me too at the start of the episode, it must be traumatic for him to look out from those heights while serving others...
Jun 11, 1:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow, it was strange, After the elegance and light of the first episodes, we watch in this episode, darkness behind the bar, more feelings and doubts.

Tom & Jerry?
How the cat and the mouse?
Yes, but not, it was origi....
Hilarious and cool
kekeke
Jun 11, 5:33 PM

Jul 2016
Kitakata's scenes were so good this episode. Really enjoying the freshness his character has brought to the show.

Last scene with Sasakura bowing to Miwa while she was leaving was powerful.
Jun 12, 10:25 PM

Jan 2016
I really need to upgrade the dams in my house. All this salt water can be destructive.

Jun 13, 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
Miwa learning from Kitakata about Ryu's past where he indirectly caused a customer's death in Paris, it's not his fault, but through his European winning cocktail, it may have been the ause. Other than Taizo wanting to relentlessly recruit Ryu to their hotel, him having a moment with Hayase having a promotion to a branch manager in America, and also toasting to his late wife Kimoko, and also having to coincidentally meet Kimishima again after a long while, it's the reunion of the cigar lovers.

Down but not out, Hayase joins Ryu for one more drink, which he goes to Kitakura's North Wind bar to relieve his soul. Betting on luck, something which Kitakata is well acquainted as a gambler of sorts, Hayase bets his luck and intuition with a Boilermaker, beer and bourbon served separately, with bourbon dunk in the beer. But still, the thorn within his heart is justified, and is resonantly healed the same. But Miwa being desperate to shake Ryu's trauma the same that's thanks to Kitakara, her being the same as Ryu to lose people they care about, strangers or loved ones, he can only offer a Tom and Jerry, a cocktail by Jerry Thomas concocted in the 19th Century. Likewise, Ryu got over his trauma rather amicably thanks to Kase, and the same goes to Miwa being healed by him.

Sincerely, both Ryu and Miwa are made for each other, even if Ryu decides to dedicate his all to bartendering.
Jun 15, 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
Hope this means Hiroaki and Rumi will get together.

Miwa has come to really care for Ryu. Ryu in return is really grateful to her. I'm not sure if they'll ever get together but I sure hope so.
Jun 17, 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
I am lowering vote for this anime.. some real crap was said in this episode which I totally disagree by own experience..
- with betting big and losing being better
- with that office worker ladder, not everyone have the need to climb up..
- that u blame yourself when your close ones dies and you are the only one.. u blame not yourself but everything else than yourself

that trick with dices was so easy to see.. maybe that customer also saw it ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 18, 4:45 AM

Jul 2023
Two episodes left for a possible romantic plot between Miwa and Ryuu. He is gradually opening up his emotions.
Jun 19, 11:16 AM

May 2020
I hope mister corporate employee took the right decision, and didn't repeat his past mistake. Also, I'm not sure a drink would actually help someone who's hellbent over erasing their existence.. a psychiatrist would.

By the way, I like Kitakata's character. Hope they'd have introduced him earlier.
Jul 17, 9:30 PM

Aug 2019
I’m just glad Hayase was able to realize what truly matters, I just hope this show ends with Ryu working at the hotel but there’s only 2 episodes left so I’m not sure how possible that is to show since it seems he still is left with guilt or whatever emotions from what happened previously
Aug 20, 4:06 AM
Dec 2022
Hayase receives a promotion to be a branch manager in the US but hesitates when he saw Rumi back in town after her stint in the rural hospital. He resolves his dilemma with a drink together with Ryu at his senpai's bar. Seems Miwa is worried for Ryu's well being over the past. Ryu was appreciative. A bitter sweet episode and wonder what happened to Hayase and Rumi.
Sep 4, 8:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's great to see more Sasakura character development, his past is sadder than I thought, but I'm not surprised he would feel guilt about that guy who committed suicide, even though it's not his fault at all...
Oct 9, 5:16 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
I am lowering vote for this anime.. some real crap was said in this episode which I totally disagree by own experience..
- with betting big and losing being better
- with that office worker ladder, not everyone have the need to climb up..
- that u blame yourself when your close ones dies and you are the only one.. u blame not yourself but everything else than yourself

that trick with dices was so easy to see.. maybe that customer also saw it ;]
@Thyriad-oPPailov completely agree, using mental gymnastics to justify bad decisions made and placing the blame on others on their own pursuit for money or power or whatever selfish reason for climbing the corporate ladder. From his monologue, I feel he is emotionally distant to even the death of his wife ("the love of his life").

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

78 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 27, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

46 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15

52 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 3, 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.